SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Seng Kwang Metal Industrial Co

Ex, but good job done, just dun ever let them do spray paint job on your pipe - they are not the pro when it comes to respraying pipes - paint can't even last 1 week.

In the end, best is never respray pipe - it will eat off the original paintwork.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do they repair bent exhaust pipes? some idiot car rammed into my titanium exhaust when i wasnt around and now the pipe it bent upwards..

If I hit you and you hit me, and I hit you back and you hit me back, and go on, you see, that goes on ad infinitum. It just never ends. Somewhere somebody must have a little sense, and that's the strong person. The strong person is the person who can cut off the chain of hate, the chain of evil. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Class 2B- 29 Jan 2009

Class 2A- 18 May 2010

Class 3 - 04 Jun 2008

• 4 months later...

Just went to Seng Kwang a couple of days ago, in all fairness, I got to say they are honest and know their work.

Only thing is the attitude quite arrogant.

I remember the first time I went there, dam arrogant in the end I left without doing anything. Now after using their services a few times, I find the boss's attitude.... still arrogant! :lol:

But many people who got skill and reputation is like that one lah. :p

Anyway, I had my Hepco Becko Box racks modified there last year to fit my bike after changing to after market exhaust, exhaust job was also done there. Went there because the bracket he welded cracked. And after DIY changing the exhaust back to stock in my carpark, the bracket had to be remodified before it can be used. So no choice had to go back. When I was there, because the job was done by them, the boss didn't charge me a single cent for the repair of the cracked exhaust pipe. Thumbs up for their integrity and professionalism :thumb:

Bracket rework was also done at a discounted price. Initial price was $120, but the boss charged me only $100. And he also thrown in a spare piece of steel bracket and new bolts and nuts to secure the stock exhaust which was missing a connector totally free of charge. :clap:

Thumbs up for an honest and reliable shop. :thumb:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Ex, but good job done, just dun ever let them do spray paint job on your pipe - they are not the pro when it comes to respraying pipes - paint can't even last 1 week.

In the end, best is never respray pipe - it will eat off the original paintwork.

you mean your headers or endcan..

i believe is your headers..

no paint can last, even for high-temp paints..

do they repair bent exhaust pipes? some idiot car rammed into my titanium exhaust when i wasnt around and now the pipe it bent upwards..

they can do a new stainless steel sleeve for you or knock your titanium one back..

Just went to Seng Kwang a couple of days ago, in all fairness, I got to say they are honest and know their work.

Only thing is the attitude quite arrogant.

I remember the first time I went there, dam arrogant in the end I left without doing anything. Now after using their services a few times, I find the boss's attitude.... still arrogant! :lol:

But many people who got skill and reputation is like that one lah. :p

Anyway, I had my Hepco Becko Box racks modified there last year to fit my bike after changing to after market exhaust, exhaust job was also done there. Went there because the bracket he welded cracked. And after DIY changing the exhaust back to stock in my carpark, the bracket had to be remodified before it can be used. So no choice had to go back. When I was there, because the job was done by them, the boss didn't charge me a single cent for the repair of the cracked exhaust pipe. Thumbs up for their integrity and professionalism :thumb:

Bracket rework was also done at a discounted price. Initial price was $120, but the boss charged me only $100. And he also thrown in a spare piece of steel bracket and new bolts and nuts to secure the stock exhaust which was missing a connector totally free of charge. :clap:

Thumbs up for an honest and reliable shop. :thumb:

i recently go my rack done there too..

i dun feel that they are arrogant, maybe i'm a regular customer..

the good thing abt their stuff is they dun charge you if the rack/item they customised had cracked or broke off, for crashbars, they will charge cheaper for replacement..

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=93878

My SKMIC rack.. top-notched worksmanship..

i recently go my rack done there too..

i dun feel that they are arrogant, maybe i'm a regular customer..

the good thing abt their stuff is they dun charge you if the rack/item they customised had cracked or broke off, for crashbars, they will charge cheaper for replacement..

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=93878

My SKMIC rack.. top-notched worksmanship..

mind to share how much does it cost? only your plate is purchased the rack they customise 1 for you is it?

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

Standard rate of customising a top rack is $260.. The base plate is bought seperately..

thanks! i wonder if they did a customised top rack for recent years sportsbike before.. :angel:

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

Standard rate of customising a top rack is $260.. The base plate is bought seperately..

thanks! i wonder if they did a customised top rack for recent years sportsbike before.. :angel:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Guru,

As you know, I got myself a HB topbox, and believe that for a more secure/less shaky installation, I will need something really tough and strong to fix the baseplate box onto, ie will need to customise a top rack. Some qns which I hope to seek your advice on:

a) Do we have to make appointment before going down to Seng Kwang?

b) Do you have to tell them how you want it done, or leave it to them entirely? They dont like to be told how to do things?

c) Is the fabrication on the spot (same day) or do you have to leave the bike there a couple of days?

d) Does the price include anodised paintjob?

Thanks.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=224954

2B(8/09);2A(10/10);2(12/11)

Derbi "Black Maverick" Terra 125 (8/09-9/12)

Honda "Burly Bison" Varadero XL1000V1 (10/11-12/12)

Ducati "Banded Mustang" Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP (12/12-)

Vespa "Vicki" GT200 (05/14-)

"Brothers, what we do in life echoes in eternity."

Guru,

As you know, I got myself a HB topbox, and believe that for a more secure/less shaky installation, I will need something really tough and strong to fix the baseplate box onto, ie will need to customise a top rack. Some qns which I hope to seek your advice on:

a) Do we have to make appointment before going down to Seng Kwang?

b) Do you have to tell them how you want it done, or leave it to them entirely? They dont like to be told how to do things?

c) Is the fabrication on the spot (same day) or do you have to leave the bike there a couple of days?

d) Does the price include anodised paintjob?

Thanks.

just call them before going down so that u will know if they are free at that time. If ok to wait, just go straight down.... :)

gilbert and william always discuss with their customers hence suggestions is always welcome :)

depending on complex of design, u may need to wait more than a day...

why anodise>?? the stuff they use all stainless steel....

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/S1030017.jpg (Nite Mode)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/Daymode-1.jpg(Day Mode)

Always Contactable at 92745438

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

Other than Seng Kwang there is also a place for customised top rack / side rack.

请原谅我, 一切都是我的错, 都是我ä¸å¤Ÿæˆç†Ÿ

緣分和愛情是什麼

我最深爱的人伤我å´æ˜¯æœ€æ·±

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate it.

Other than Seng Kwang there is also a place for customised top rack / side rack.

Care to share where? If it is nearer to where I live, then may consider. AMK a little far for me.

just call them before going down so that u will know if they are free at that time. If ok to wait, just go straight down.... :)

gilbert and william always discuss with their customers hence suggestions is always welcome :)

depending on complex of design, u may need to wait more than a day...

why anodise>?? the stuff they use all stainless steel....

Sorry, not anodise, but to powdercoat... my engineering background getting confused for a moment.

http://www.saf.com/content.php?action=showPage&pid=1&cat_id=1

essentially powdercoating black for matching purposes.

Edited by fatboypin
AMK a little far...

thanks for all your respective replies!

• 4 weeks later...
They do polishing?

Better to call them directly and find out:

10 Ang Mo Kio Ind Pk 2A AMK Autopoint #05-31 Singapore 568047

Tel: +65-6481-9580

I am certainly satisfied with what I have asked them to do for me - customised rear rack, and IU holder. They were always willing to listen to what you want, and then chip in with their suggestions based on their experience. It is a two-way communication thing rather than going ahead without consulting the bike owner.

• 1 month later...
Better to call them directly and find out:

10 Ang Mo Kio Ind Pk 2A AMK Autopoint #05-31 Singapore 568047

Tel: +65-6481-9580

I am certainly satisfied with what I have asked them to do for me - customised rear rack, and IU holder. They were always willing to listen to what you want, and then chip in with their suggestions based on their experience. It is a two-way communication thing rather than going ahead without consulting the bike owner.

One step further... do powdercoat your item right from the start rather than return another day to pass them the item for powdercoating, and collecting it a few days later... Should have done that right from the start to save time.

After powdercoating... solid finish. Recommended. Highly.

• 1 month later...

how much do they charge for powdercoating anyone knows?

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

powdercoating is cheaper than spray painting..

not to mention, more durable.

i sprayed my rack. decided the very night that i will return to powdercoat.