SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

go through a troubleshooting list

1. check spark plug for anomalies (chao ta, wet, poor connection)

2. check idling screw whether it was set too low

3. check fuel petc0ck (if there is any leakage)

Once you have sorted out and its none of the above, may need to bring it to a workshop for more advance checking (fuel line choke due to sediments collected, carburettor jet pin jammed due to fuel impurities, throttle line worn etc.)

go through a troubleshooting list

1. check spark plug for anomalies (chao ta, wet, poor connection)

2. check idling screw whether it was set too low

3. check fuel petc0ck (if there is any leakage)

Once you have sorted out and its none of the above, may need to bring it to a workshop for more advance checking (fuel line choke due to sediments collected, carburettor jet pin jammed due to fuel impurities, throttle line worn etc.)

Thanks a lot. will follow the checklist first. Else will take it to workshop.

Just to check is it ok to ride it in this condition till the workshop? opening the throttle a lot so that it doesn't turn off. i mean it won't cause any further damage to bike right? i didn't ride it after yesterday morning but don't want to tow again if i can try to just somehow take it till shop.

Just make sure you are not on reserve. You don't want the problem of "no fuel" to bug you while you are on route to workshop.

One more thing (although quite remote), see whether your choke is pulled out? or you can simply let you bike idle run for a while and see whether there is any black smoke. Phantom is quite "smokeless", white smoke is a general indication that EO is seeping into combustion chamber while black smoke is generally a sign of wrong fuel air ratio.

it might be the air filter is wet or dirty. check your air filter first visually first. - do take in account u have bad haze and rather heavy rain recently

(im getting a milder version of your issue but goes away after slightly bigger throttle during start up and after 10-14 min of riding)

if your problem is only at smaller throttle openings only, probably the slow circuit issue - this ranges from air filter to your carb tuning.

as mentioned, check the idle speed adjustment as well. your idle could be too low.

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

pls see my replies in bold:

Tried googling but can't find answers to what I need. Some help from the Seniors here maybe?

1. Do i need install relay for Led-based fog lights? (U5 cree fog lights)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]315166[/ATTACH]

Reason is I don't seem to see it as significantly brighter than the normal U2 or U3 cree type. But looking at the wiring on the foglight, it doesn't seem to need to draw a lot of power also. (thin wires, 3mm type)

u might want to gauge on the power rating of the lights instead of the wire gauge/thickness. LEDs need a constant minimum voltage to operate so as long its rated 12vs tapped directly from the batt shouldn't be an issue.

And if i need a relay, where and what type should i be using?

How much does a relay cost?

a standard relay like those used for the horn will do. can get from ah boy. its not expensive - less than 10sgd component but cant remb. remb the 12v rating as well and you might want to add an inline switch.

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

Thanks for the replies.. Did some checks yesterday and seems engine oil is not sufficient. Could it be causing it? I am anyway going to top it up today. I do track KMs since last EO change. This time just about 1K KM only so far so very surprised that EO didn't last even 1K km. Last top up was done for about 1.2Litre.

Thanks for the replies.. Did some checks yesterday and seems engine oil is not sufficient. Could it be causing it? I am anyway going to top it up today. I do track KMs since last EO change. This time just about 1K KM only so far so very surprised that EO didn't last even 1K km. Last top up was done for about 1.2Litre.

try open throttle and rev engine. if u ser white smoke u may consider the piston rings are gone, hence losing oil. If your not sure do ask a reputable mechanic. Piston ring issue will require top end overhaul around 400sgd.

Above its costly and will take a while. . Do confirm plus chop already then proceed .

Thanks Sawfly.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

No problem I'm curious how many watts the u5 lights consume actually.

Tried googling but can't find answers to what I need. Some help from the Seniors here maybe?

Reason is I don't seem to see it as significantly brighter than the normal U2 or U3 cree type. But looking at the wiring on the foglight, it doesn't seem to need to draw a lot of power also. (thin wires, 3mm type)

I strongly suggest Installing a relay, a switch as well as installing an inline fuse.

I bought a spare relay from ebay 2usd.

hi Guys, today morning my TA200 seem to be going off in between the ride. so when i open throttle and about to close the throttle, it seem to be turning off the engine. Thought it would stop in KPE but i just manage to reach office by opening throttling a lot. Had to press clutch and keep throttling to avoid it getting turning off at traffic lights also. Anybody got ideas what could be the problem? After the ride fuel smell was also much more than earlier days. Seems it happened after it went into reserve(just when i was entering KPE it went to reserve). After reserver also i think it should have 2+ litre of fuel so don't think fuel is an issue.

I would start from Draining the petrol from the carburettor. I remember when i had a water in the gas tank. When i throttle it would be ok but it wont hold an idle.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

hi Guys, today morning my TA200 seem to be going off in between the ride. so when i open throttle and about to close the throttle, it seem to be turning off the engine. Thought it would stop in KPE but i just manage to reach office by opening throttling a lot. Had to press clutch and keep throttling to avoid it getting turning off at traffic lights also. Anybody got ideas what could be the problem? After the ride fuel smell was also much more than earlier days. Seems it happened after it went into reserve(just when i was entering KPE it went to reserve). After reserver also i think it should have 2+ litre of fuel so don't think fuel is an issue.

Hi, pavanpatidar, I'm a noobie too, just trying to chip in my 2¢, so correct me if I'm wrong...

Your mechanic has serviced your carburettor 2 mths ago due to water contamination, but did he also flush out the fuel from the fuel tank?

If he had not done so, I guess the contamination is still in the fuel tank, so you should flush it now, & also flush out the fuel from your carburettor.

Top up with fresh fuel and try it out.

I strongly suggest Installing a relay, a switch as well as installing an inline fuse.

I bought a spare relay from ebay 2usd.

I connected the fog lights to the high beam wire in my headlight switch. Do I need a fuse from this wire?

circuit diagram.jpg

Stated 125W brightness on 15w power consumption.

15w for 125w? Looks ideal for touring. How much is it anyway?

Hi, pavanpatidar, I'm a noobie too, just trying to chip in my 2¢, so correct me if I'm wrong...

Your mechanic has serviced your carburettor 2 mths ago due to water contamination, but did he also flush out the fuel from the fuel tank?

If he had not done so, I guess the contamination is still in the fuel tank, so you should flush it now, & also flush out the fuel from your carburettor.

Top up with fresh fuel and try it out.

Actually it's raining quite badly recently, if his tank kena water infiltrate then it will end up in the carb bowl still from the tank.. Like hyder mentioned better to drain carb bowl again, and alsp the whole tank as well and use new fuel like u said. Anyway while pavan is there he could observe the carb bowl discharge also. Got water or dirt will have be obvious.

I connected the fog lights to the high beam wire in my headlight switch. Do I need a fuse from this wire?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]315374[/ATTACH]

Indeed. Always an inline fuse whichever line your tapping power from. (is that wire 12v hot? ) anyway why not u correct direct to battery? I'm not too sure its OK to draw so much current via that circuit. Your inline fuse may not fuse first and your main fuse will go first if load is high. (may)

I use the high beam wire so that I don’t need an extra switch to control the fog lights. The power to the fog lights are tapped directly to battery. This way of aligning the circuit means I can use the passing light switch to "flash" the fog lights also.

Edited by matthias76

15w for 125w? Looks ideal for touring. How much is it anyway?

I screwed up when I ordered the first one. Didn't see the posting properly end up paying 58sgd (inclusive shipping) for one. The other one I bought from another lister costs only 32sgd

I recently have a mirror assembly replaced and after that my bike sometimes when I press start have just a click sound. The mechanic I go to was quite shady... As I was in the shop, he was reving the engine and I am guessing maybe he was pressing the start button whilst reving the engine. Coz after that the problem started.

When I called the shop as I could not start was told it is probably carbon worn. Out of principle, I am thinking of replacing it myself or at other shop.

The problem is that when I cannot start, I would hear a click every time I press the start. Could it be bad wire connection in the button area because some work was done there? I am ok to fix the item but do not want to be seen as a sucker. I checked the voltage, it was fine. Could it really be the carbon brushes worn? It would have to be very coincidental cause this problem never occurred before the visit. I checked the connection fro. The batt to the starter n to the ground. Connections are tight though I did not loosen to sand, I did use a steel brush on the contact points.

What should I do next? This bike is so reliable before this, I hate to lose this reliability.

I recently have a mirror assembly replaced and after that my bike sometimes when I press start have just a click sound. The mechanic I go to was quite shady... As I was in the shop, he was reving the engine and I am guessing maybe he was pressing the start button whilst reving the engine. Coz after that the problem started.

When I called the shop as I could not start was told it is probably carbon worn. Out of principle, I am thinking of replacing it myself or at other shop.

The problem is that when I cannot start, I would hear a click every time I press the start. Could it be bad wire connection in the button area because some work was done there? I am ok to fix the item but do not want to be seen as a sucker. I checked the voltage, it was fine. Could it really be the carbon brushes worn? It would have to be very coincidental cause this problem never occurred before the visit. I checked the connection fro. The batt to the starter n to the ground. Connections are tight though I did not loosen to sand, I did use a steel brush on the contact points.

What should I do next? This bike is so reliable before this, I hate to lose this reliability.

Clicking = your relay clicking but motor not spinning for some reason. if contacts for the motor are fine, should be carbon gone. It's not a start button problem because your relay is activated everytime, hence the clicking.

I use the high beam wire so that I don’t need an extra switch to control the fog lights. The power to the fog lights are tapped directly to battery. This way of aligning the circuit means I can use the passing light switch to "flash" the fog lights also.

I screwed up when I ordered the first one. Didn't see the posting properly end up paying 58sgd (inclusive shipping) for one. The other one I bought from another lister costs only 32sgd

No wonder u wire that way lah. Too bad old type Phantom don't have the passing switch.. Don't like to use high beam.. You are using both lights together?

My Feedback on this item : DON'T BUY.

The light came apart after too much vibration and I had the opportunity to inspect the innards. It is a cheapo LED driver with 1 single cree LED unit. The light is then magnified through a dome glass...

Wah piang.. Anyway alot of cree Led I saw cheap MIC one they don't mount the cree module to the board properly one.. this one including those cheap cree flashlight.. drop already habis.. Not vibration proof..

Wah piang.. Anyway alot of cree Led I saw cheap MIC one they don't mount the cree module to the board properly one.. this one including those cheap cree flashlight.. drop already habis.. Not vibration proof..

Confirm. The LED driver is not even CREE...just some MIC cheapo DIY standard using the cheapest available parts... The price quoted in Ebay is super expensive. I found similar ones in ALiexpress which is only $13USD per piece...

I "sumpa", "gua chi" (slash my tongue) that I will never buy such MIC electronics ever.

For my friends, please be careful, although the listing may say it ships from U.S, it could be actually be the lister getting his stock from Aliexpress and then redistributing at a higher price.

There's two tubes that goes into the air box, anyone knows what they are for?

Crankcase breather tube the other cant remb but part of then secondary air system.

Confirm. The LED driver is not even CREE...just some MIC cheapo DIY standard using the cheapest available parts... The price quoted in Ebay is super expensive. I found similar ones in ALiexpress which is only $13USD per piece...

I "sumpa", "gua chi" (slash my tongue) that I will never buy such MIC electronics ever.

For my friends, please be careful, although the listing may say it ships from U.S, it could be actually be the lister getting his stock from Aliexpress and then redistributing at a higher price.

want quality better build from scratch.. Or tested brands with online reputation. . as long it's after market u gotta give and take.. I usually buy from europe side for accessories where the creed there is more established.