SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

GSX400RR Riders

FieryGiX

doesnt make much sense for a relatively new spocket & chain which has been lub every 2 weeks and slag is ok but yet break after 2 mths.

previous set of DID on my last 2 gsxrs both lasted 2 years or more and still in very good cond.

did u mistaken wd40 for a chain lub and then go whack your bike for 2mths straight?

lub chain in wrong manner?

otherwise the only other possibility i can think of... u had a bad chain from the factory. just pure bad luck.

very curious tho...

my only guess was defected chain i got from the shop?.it was a 525 chain to a 525 relatively new sprocket.

seldom wack bike. once a WEEK go 140kmph - 160kmph. for a short distance to work in the morning.im quite careful with the clutch too .i don usually let my chain slam my sprocket suddenly or when moving off harsh aceleration seldom take place.

wd40 i use to lub my house key hole , hinges of the creaking door and my bike key holes at most. nv on my chain. my chain use proper chain lub.

i lub my chain in this way. first i bend down in swatting position. use my right knee cap to push my exhaust pipe upwards, lifting the bike slightly. use my right hand to spin the rear wheel and left hand to spray chain lub.

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IceZ

• ben2306

• Arcfire

• paiseh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i just went there about 2 weeks back. he dont wanna do gsxr alr. he says its a headache bike. my carb rebuilt also he doesnt wanna do, valve clearance/timing chain also dont wanna do. dont even dare to ask him about *ways of* removing the powercuts. and my bike is considered very well maintained alr, even by his standards. but there still seems to be no changing his mind. *sigh*

anyone know any other good shops other than guan hoe malaya?

my ex owner did the bike there and turned out to be a bad job, i had to re-do everything.

why not you try extreme motor in the same lane? just a suggestion, got a friend went there b4, he said the uncle not bad. chong doesnt want to do this model's carbs anymore, this carbs is very troublesome cos 1st if you dont get everything right inside, it wont meet the standard no matter how you tune. floats may look ok to you but once the height is adjusted by those who dont know they cant touch it, your carbs are over. 4 must be in the same height, not easy job. think he dont wanna spend too much time on it. his shop so full of bikes, not enough manpower. haha, becos he saw your bike moving so he doesnt want to touch it. & a rebuild with all the floaters, o-rings, gaskets change cost you few hundreds.

why you wana do the speedcut? its actually only the rev cut, meaning you can rev higher @ high gears. i think diff is only 20kph @ top speed, tested by uk g4 riders. put a resistor n thats it. sound easy but after reading for so long, still cant catch the way. if i manage to diy, let you know.

btw, is ex owner your friend? how you know he sent it there b4?

Edited by ben2306

i just went there about 2 weeks back. he dont wanna do gsxr alr. he says its a headache bike. my carb rebuilt also he doesnt wanna do, valve clearance/timing chain also dont wanna do. dont even dare to ask him about *ways of* removing the powercuts. and my bike is considered very well maintained alr, even by his standards. but there still seems to be no changing his mind. *sigh*

anyone know any other good shops other than guan hoe malaya?

my ex owner did the bike there and turned out to be a bad job, i had to re-do everything.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/173-Tachyon-Motor-Pte-Ltd

look for ah tak. his very good.

:cool:

hey guys, recently my bike's battery will keep on dying. I just changed the CDI and rectifier a few months ago. I think it might be the wiring cause mine's in a mess. Could you guys recommend a shop that is good in dealing with wirings for this bike. My bike's an awesome bike just that the electrics keep failing. Is it wise to actually change the whole wiring loom instead of rewiring again? Please help. Maybe those experts with this bike might want to help me out too. Thank you very much. :)

how does wiring makes your batt keep on dying?? i dont understand. did you check the volts while its idling & engine off? did you install white headlight bulbs? when you last changed your batt? provide more info. or you'll be going the wrong direction.

erm, no.... but just had 1 last night with only 3 g4, 1 cbr400, 1 rgv250...

okay. becos i tot of arranging a 400cc sportbikes outing. gsxr 400, rvf 400 and cbr 400.

i was told by a friend of mine that some guy here is okay with it. :cheeky:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150202650682721&set=a.305411597720.154988.690332720&type=1&ref=nf

haha, i wanted to jio you but you prefer rounding mah. dat night we only eat nasi lemak then talk co ck @ dam then go home already. next time i confirm jio you!! just hope you wont be disappointed! you still havent tell me what bike you riding now leh. dont secret x2. pm me.

maybe can make one big suzuki outing in oct. can go rounding like gap/devils bend/woodlands waterfront/ecp/changi coastal road/town area/the curvy roads near siglap cemetary/the 2 super long flyover from srgn to tampines or can just go msia pump/eat/cig/wash bike or can do both!

only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten.

-the cree people.

93' Honda xlr200

94' Suzuki gsxr400rr

07' Piaggio X9 250

02' Piaggio X9 200

you guys can always go ahead & plan the outing here. even if i'm not going, i'll inform them to update here. to me, friends are friends no matter what bike you riding. as long we can chat, thats it. some dont even know each other but just the sake of the outing, no point...

we can mingle and single during the outing and once know each other alr can org more riding sessions!

only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten.

-the cree people.

93' Honda xlr200

94' Suzuki gsxr400rr

07' Piaggio X9 250

02' Piaggio X9 200

g4 really love giving my problems.. speedometer suddenly no moving . mileage also not moving rpm still good.

one major problm is the shaft that holds my front sprocket in place is wobbly. my mech says use till spoil. coz tt one need open engine. ex also if change zzz . now i don dare wack also,. even though jus change DID x ring . chain loose alittle le. coz the front sprocket must be giving way slowly. FAINTS*. OH MY G4 GIVE ME A BREAKKKK

maybe can make one big suzuki outing in oct. can go rounding like gap/devils bend/woodlands waterfront/ecp/changi coastal road/town area/the curvy roads near siglap cemetary/the 2 super long flyover from srgn to tampines or can just go msia pump/eat/cig/wash bike or can do both!

wa tts rounding.been riding for 2yrs and nv really went rounding yet .haha.

g4 really love giving my problems.. speedometer suddenly no moving . mileage also not moving rpm still good.

one major problm is the shaft that holds my front sprocket in place is wobbly. my mech says use till spoil. coz tt one need open engine. ex also if change zzz . now i don dare wack also,. even though jus change DID x ring . chain loose alittle le. coz the front sprocket must be giving way slowly. FAINTS*. OH MY G4 GIVE ME A BREAKKKK

speedo not moving... of coz milage dun move la

so if it aint the cable that broke, look for a replacement speedo probs

:cool: