SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

KR(Kawa) vs 125z?

Tequila

KR(Kawa) or 125z?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. KR(Kawa) or 125z?

hahahaha,on par with 400?? i heard that joke before..wakakakakaka..on par to where??melaka??kl??or maybe thailand??wakakakaka..bro,u dun compare with 2a bikes..u run on 2 leg or 1 leg faster??get the theory,if kr is on par,might as well those who ride 400 dun waste their money on 4 plugs..haiz..

well said lah bro, :thumb:, even i did mod my nsr sp b4 and seriously speaking, it all comes down to how long 2 stroke bike can "tahan" the speed, come on here's the fact, for how long would you wanna hold the throttle? if not, then a piston jam or piston seize will surely make ur life worse.... so dun compare 2 stroke bike wif 400 cc bike.... :cheers: but i sure know the speed a jackpot kr can go... hehe... peace out guys.... dun flame me... jus giving my o.00000000000000002cents

MY MEAN MACHINES

01.2008 - 12.2009 - NSR150SP FT7**Z

12.2009 - 4.2011 - L.C. 135 FBE 11**C

4.2011 - 11.2013 - Super K.I.P.S FY 45** H

11.2013 - ?.??.???? - YZF - R6 FBD 33** C

12.2013 - ?.??.???? - Wave 125 FY 12** K

#RTNW

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have owned and rode a very "degil" kr and s4 and i can testify that a modded s4 will murder a kr on the straights and corners. I guess kr can win if it comes to squeezing in traffic or if it's a "paddle & push a bike to the finish line" competition.

I am NOT looking down at kr, it is a good and powerful bike in it's class. It is also sad that there aren't anymore lil' demons made like the kr anymore and in it's place, some wannabe class-2 bikes with a sleep inducing 4 stroke, 125cc engine.... ... ... zzZZzzzZZZzzZZzz. Still, a kr is a 2b bike with 1 piston, valve and carb. Can't compare with something that comes with 4 pistons, 16 valves and 4 carbs.

My SGD 0.02 cents.

• 1 month later...
I have owned and rode a very "degil" kr and s4 and i can testify that a modded s4 will murder a kr on the straights and corners. I guess kr can win if it comes to squeezing in traffic or if it's a "paddle & push a bike to the finish line" competition.

I am NOT looking down at kr, it is a good and powerful bike in it's class. It is also sad that there aren't anymore lil' demons made like the kr anymore and in it's place, some wannabe class-2 bikes with a sleep inducing 4 stroke, 125cc engine.... ... ... zzZZzzzZZZzzZZzz. Still, a kr is a 2b bike with 1 piston, valve and carb. Can't compare with something that comes with 4 pistons, 16 valves and 4 carbs.

My SGD 0.02 cents.

ya.. "play" with your own CCs. Struggle/Mod so hard jus to catch up with Cls 2A for what? Don't waste your lives with all these racer thingy.

Ride Safe.

i rode more than ten years and i always remember that my fren once challenged my kr with his s4, and he DARED me that if i can see his taillight, he burn his bike:cheeky:

IF a kr can outrun 400,

i think the whole super4 tread rider would like to see how its done:thumb:

Guest Valarie

I am owning a powerful KRR that can cruise above 140km/h to any distance that the fuel tank can accomodate without engine stress and rocket down over 200km/h well above over a distance of 20km without any abnormalities but I dropped speed to 170km/h due to road hazards.Tried,Tested and Proven at NSW Malaysia highways.

Tagging along with me are two buddies, both are ex KRR riders, now riding S4, Spec 3 and a Revo respectively. Revo was leading during the test while Spec 3 comes second and my KRR is just 10-15m apart from the Spec 3 while my digital speedometer reads 205km/h.

I did my best and I came to a conclusion that in a prolong distance dogfight, my KRR would give a hell chase to the S4 but to overtake them, its never. S4 is a muscle bike with lots of power while KRR is the ultimate sportsbike in its class.

125Z bike is fast and powerful but in a collision with KRR, I say that KRR would kill it. Again, it falls on who is the rider and how good the KRR engine condition is!!

i think in a prolong distance dogfight, the kr piston sure to seize.

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

http://image.automotive.com/f/newsandupdates/racing_news/122_1103_progress_for_ducati_marlboro_team_as_qatar_test_kicks_off/32274961+soriginal/122_1103_03_o+valentino_rossi_ducati_marlboro_q

yup expensive... n since ur goin for 2 storke i presume u want to feel more speed/power??..

den juz go for kr, expensive but definitely worth it. lots can be mod fer outlook n fer the inside juz maintain it stock with slight mod n im sure u can reach 210km/h or more :cheeky:

150cc on a 2stroke engine got alot of potential.. u do up ur bike properly n its power can be on par with stock 400cc.

a BIG lol for you!! then no point of getting bigger bike when krr can be on par with them.. haha..

Im loving every moment with my LV.

but of course if you are willing to spend $5000 on the mod itself, it can be done..imo

but still, its not possible to win a s4 with $5000 mod as well,

it all boil down to $$$$ haha:thumb:

dont need to mod aso fast leh.. tested and proven.:angel:

Im loving every moment with my LV.

dont need to mod aso fast leh.. tested and proven.:angel:

haha:cheeky: but imo, i rode for a decade and my previous ride was

*rs125

*tzm

*cbr150

*nsr

*sp

*4 KR including current ride..

and i cant see which part u are saying (fast)?

we are only normal in our own class..

and there is a limit of our cc..

ANY OLD MAN SPEC4 stock or mod can let u eat many many air:cheeky:

mr valarie is different..his bike was made to be the fastest with $$$

imo ,Fast is not for 2b to say..

and of course i am still riding a 2b..

pls don flame me.. just my $0.01 cent

TAKE WAVE FIX LEOVINCE PIPE PLUS TAKE OUT SILENCER(OPTIONAL)-:angel:

HASSLE FREE BIKE-

EASY MAINTAIN-

CHEAP-

SUMMORE UR INSURANCE SURE SKYHIGH-

MOD HERE MOD THERE RACE HERE RACE THERE KANA CAUGHT LICENSE BYE2 FINE MANY2-

IN THE END TAKE PUBLIC TRANSPORT-:faint:

JUST MY THOUGHT-

CHEERS:thumb:

TAKE WAVE FIX LEOVINCE PIPE PLUS TAKE OUT SILENCER(OPTIONAL)-:angel:

HASSLE FREE BIKE-

EASY MAINTAIN-

CHEAP-

SUMMORE UR INSURANCE SURE SKYHIGH-

MOD HERE MOD THERE RACE HERE RACE THERE KANA CAUGHT LICENSE BYE2 FINE MANY2-

IN THE END TAKE PUBLIC TRANSPORT-:faint:

JUST MY THOUGHT-

CHEERS:thumb:

nice wave u have there:thumb:

the pipe legal?

cheers

1st, think of budget. No point getting a bike that will pull u into a financial crisis.

2nd, think of safety in the long run. Whack the throttle here and there, something bad happens, lose out in the end. I learnt my lesson well liao, kena revoke 2 years. Now counting down to next month to enrol again. Sibeh sian!

3rd, its ultimately your choice. Just be a responsible rider :)

~Just my RM0.02

(but in my opinion 125z is a better choice, financial-wise)

LET ME LIVE MY LIFE THE WAY I WANT TO, FOR AT ITS END IT IS I WHO MUST DIE

Daelim Magma 125 - (2005)

Honda Wave S 125 - (2005 - 2006)

Suzuki Panther 150 - (2006 - 2007)

Suzuki GSXR 400 - (2006 - 2007)

Suzuki Raider 150 - (2007 - 2010)

Yamaha 125Z - (2010 - 2011)

Honda CB400 Revo - (2011 - present)

yup expensive... n since ur goin for 2 storke i presume u want to feel more speed/power??..

den juz go for kr, expensive but definitely worth it. lots can be mod fer outlook n fer the inside juz maintain it stock with slight mod n im sure u can reach 210km/h or more :cheeky:

150cc on a 2stroke engine got alot of potential.. u do up ur bike properly n its power can be on par with stock 400cc.

U sure anot!150 cc 2stroke can mob until so fast arh...

I once remember i play with my frenz superb 4 spec 2 with my sp...Then when we throttle up,i see my speedometer reach 180km/hr but i cant see my frenz backlight liao!Mayb ur kr sibei fierce cia!

Anyway i heard really wierd wierd thing frm 2b biker...I even heard of 125z win r1 at drag race!

I think get 125z is better,cheap,fast n fun to ride it!But e speedometer will be much more inaccurate when u run at fast speed!

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5575/mywifeneonlight2.th.jpg è°èƒ½æ˜Žäº† 人éžäºº,è‰éžè‰,是å是好,梦想颠倒,心血æ¥æ½®,云散烟消

• 1 month later...

Hum I rode a krr before.

I also rode a gsxr400, zxr 400.

There is no question about a 400cc being able to hit a top end of 220ish (probably 210 km/h true speed) and a krr being able to hit 200km(on its own meter) and probably 170ish km/h true speed.

But my advice is stick to your 2b till u get your class 2 if u like power, speed and adrenaline rushes.

2a bikes are max 60hp on rear wheel. ( no power cut old school sport bikes i.e a road bikes like super 4 will be less )

2b bikes about 30ish.

y bother with 2a when a class 2 liter bike say 2001 model can give u about 155ish-160hp on rear wheel ?

My conclusion all 2b/2a bikes are underpowered period.

2B-KRR(SOLD)

2A-GSXR400(SCRAPPED),ZXR400(SOLD)

2-R1

3-TOYOTA CAMRY

http://www.1000ps.at/magazin/yamaha/yamaha_r1_8gross.jpg

Anyway i heard really wierd wierd thing frm 2b biker...I even heard of 125z win r1 at drag race!

lol, a liter sportsbike can do an easy 0-100 km/h launch in under 3 secs stock.

A 2b bike probably about 7ish

There is no comparison, hp generated a modified 2b bike will be about 1/6th hp on rear wheel of a class 2 stock sports bike.

2b bike are lighter thus for for the first second it might pull ahead provided the class 2 rider didn’t launch properly but from the next second onward there is just no contest.

Same logic why a 600cc and a liter bike ,a 600cc might pull ahead for the first second or so but near top end a 600cc will kena smoke by a 1000cc bike.

And a 1000cc bike will kena smoke by a haya (assuming top speed limiter bypassed) at an even higher top speed.

Top end of a larger cc sports bike will always be > a smaller cc bike

if u drag a small cc bike too much too keep up at top end with a larger cc bike u are just gonna fk up your engine as u will be always running so damn close to your redline :angel:

2B-KRR(SOLD)

2A-GSXR400(SCRAPPED),ZXR400(SOLD)

2-R1

3-TOYOTA CAMRY

http://www.1000ps.at/magazin/yamaha/yamaha_r1_8gross.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Responding to the original poster - KR vs Z for a new rider...

I was spoilt for choice back in '04 - but went with the 125Z.

If I had a KR or SP, people would think "boy racer", and at that time I'd never have the skill to actually use a sportbike to its full race potential.

But... with a 125Z, everyone thinks "ah peh bike" which is well and good, it's very forgiving and easy to ride.

Then with my P plate I do a 7000RPM launch from the stoplight and omgwtfbbq acceleration which is capped by engine & aero limitations to rather reasonable figures.

One thing about the 125Z is that you can have fun with it and no one really cares about you (not even TP) although the engine is blasting away at max power because everyone's visual response is "stock cub with huge box = cannot run".

125Z will NOT win any serious 2B racer much less a Super 4 or god forbid, anything more powerful, but the Z is more than capable enough to keep up with them in normal/legal riding conditions. That said, you can give a hell of a surprise to the unprepared, especially sports car drivers... and not-so-good riders of 2B sportsbikes.

From my experience the Z is more economical, keeps you out of trouble, can serve you well for many years of full throttle riding provided well maintained, and definitely doesn't kill you as much in terms of insurance esp for a young rider. I enjoyed every bit of 6 years of owning a fully stock 125Z despite its limitations.

And so long as you're not gunning for "superhuman" feats like 200kph on Malaysian highways, every bit as fun. The combination of a fast revving 125cc 2 stroke on a very light frame with big tyres is always entertaining but will never turn around and bite you unless you deliberately upset the bike.

Summary:

Which is better on a racetrack? KRR

Which is better to live with esp on a tight budget? I dare say it's the 125Z.

Mc 24 dec 2.jpg