SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

NewBie HELP!!!!!!!*****

Ah Chi

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

becareful haha once u ride a scooter u nvr will want to ride a bike with gear

lol..once u ride a scoot, ull never go back to riding other types of bike coz scoot have a huge storage space and on top of that u can add on top box..lol...which other types of bike can fight that?..heheeh..

my first bike was a scrambler which i find it not practical for sg road and no bloody storage space to even store my tools...den i use Silverwing n i fall in love with scoot...now i am using maxsym..hehehe

Edited by etkach3
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/14045926/640/14045926.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello friends

Right now I have been driving FLY 150 for almost 7 months now....

feel the need to change because of following:

1. Find it bit too small

2. Fuel Consumption is bad 23 km / litre even after pumping Shell V Power always religiously :)

Can you pls. advise which is the best scooter to drive? need something bigger than FLY for sure..pls. respond with pros/cons Fuel consumption and price...if experience then it will be all the more useful Appreciate your help. Thnks everyone

Hello friends

1. Find it bit too small

2. Fuel Consumption is bad 23 km / litre even after pumping Shell V Power always religiously :)

Can you pls. advise which is the best scooter to drive? need something bigger than FLY for sure..pls. respond with pros/cons Fuel consumption and price...if experience then it will be all the more useful Appreciate your help. Thnks everyone

What's your budget?

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

If fuel consumption is your primary concern, take a look at Kymco Downtown 125 or Honda PCX 125.

Both of them appear to be very good in terms of fuel economy from what I have read on this forum and on the net. Check out the threads in the scooter section by other bros who own those models.

Personally, I have a Kymco Like 200i and it is a month old... so cannot comment on the fuel consumption yet till it is fully run in. The bike is good, but since you are looking for a big scoot , you may want to consider Downtown.

If fuel consumption is your primary concern, take a look at Kymco Downtown 125 or Honda PCX 125.

Both of them appear to be very good in terms of fuel economy from what I have read on this forum and on the net. Check out the threads in the scooter section by other bros who own those models.

Personally, I have a Kymco Like 200i and it is a month old... so cannot comment on the fuel consumption yet till it is fully run in. The bike is good, but since you are looking for a big scoot , you may want to consider Downtown.

I agree...But if you are getting 2A then get 400cc scooter better...Better road holding and larger storage space...And fuel consumption as same as your surrent FLY.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

There's no best scooter; only have small, medium, large and extra large from 50cc to 1200cc.

Best is subjective depending on your priorities and pocket depth (ie hardness of your head).

TS find FLY too small...PCX is no better...How about GTS200...

Gear 4th

SYM Joymax Evo 200i.. Very Egronomical and economical on fuel!

If you love robotics, Join us at our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/SgRoboticsClub

If you are SYM Scooter Rider, come join us at our facebook page at http://tinyurl.com/ssogs (lots of touring to be done)

2012 - Present : SYM Joymax GTS 300i Evo

2010 - 2012 : Honda Super Four CB400 Revo

2004 - 2010 : Honda Phantom TA 200

i don't believe fly150 only hit 23km/l. my runner200 can even hit average 26km/l.

first of all, you need to inspect your riding behaviour. do you pull your throttle like a jerk? do you on the roads need to apply break often? do you normally riding on roads with lots traffic lights?

second, check your engine oil, remember to replace engine oil as recommended scheduled.

a fly150 could hit 32km/l at least with proper riding behaviour and well maintenance.

my recommendation bike:

2A: Gilera Runner ST 200

2B: Kymco Downtown 300i

2: Yamaha TMAX

Hello friends

1. Find it bit too small

You have to know that bike size and fc dont go well with each other. Both points contradict each other. The bigger size and cc of the scooter, the more heavier it is. The higher the fc.

Pumping higher octane fuel doesnt guarantee better fc. Have you tried to lower octane petrol?

Any idea for downtown price? & FC ? PCX is very low..did not like it that much..i was damn confused while taking FLY between FLY & PCX. Decided PCX but when went to agent..bought FLY...hahaha

How is Like 200i price wise and FC wise? Thnks

i don't believe fly150 only hit 23km/l. my runner200 can even hit average 26km/l.

first of all, you need to inspect your riding behaviour. do you pull your throttle like a jerk? do you on the roads need to apply break often? do you normally riding on roads with lots traffic lights?

second, check your engine oil, remember to replace engine oil as recommended scheduled.

a fly150 could hit 32km/l at least with proper riding behaviour and well maintenance.

my recommendation bike:

2A: Gilera Runner ST 200

2B: Kymco Downtown 300i

2: Yamaha TMAX

Hello juehua...

it is 23kmpl...i do not throttle like a jerk :) very normal riding behaviour ... i do travel on route with lot of traffic signals...very rarely on highways....but still i thought for 150cc atleast 30km/l should have been assured FC.....i have been spot on in terms of scheduled servicing oil changes etc. I go regularly to ADH. . .

You have to know that bike size and fc dont go well with each other. Both points contradict each other. The bigger size and cc of the scooter, the more heavier it is. The higher the fc.

Pumping higher octane fuel doesnt guarantee better fc. Have you tried to lower octane petrol?

Dear Doremi,

I understand your point..what I meant was bigger bike (less than 200cc) with reasonable FC compared in general with similar cc scooters... in my case shell v power always gave somewhat better mileage...tried SPC ...but driving was very rough & mileage also low so now tried caltex....mileage somewhat low but ride is smooth ...

Hi Hi,

I just brought my new Kymco 300i downtown yesterday. It's superb and stable. If you have a 2A licence, it's a steal for it tot it cost more around $11K plus but it's really worth the money. I have been riding my phamton 200 for 5yrs already. Finally its a good change for it. I brought from the sole agent - Super Motor near Tai Seng MRT, Cititec building. Probably one of the best in town. There is 125cc but i would said 300cc fit better. You may want to check it out urself. Look for Herbert or Yong. I have been thinking to change a new bike for years. SO you know that feeling finally its a dream come true even the COE is high now.

Hi Hi,

I just brought my new Kymco 300i downtown yesterday. It's superb and stable. If you have a 2A licence, it's a steal for it tot it cost more around $11K plus but it's really worth the money. I have been riding my phamton 200 for 5yrs already. Finally its a good change for it. I brought from the sole agent - Super Motor near Tai Seng MRT, Cititec building. Probably one of the best in town. There is 125cc but i would said 300cc fit better. You may want to check it out urself. Look for Herbert or Yong. I have been thinking to change a new bike for years. SO you know that feeling finally its a dream come true even the COE is high now.

Hi Hi,

Wrong shop name and wrong building name

Motor Sport Pte Ltd

605 MacPherson Road,

#01-11

Citimac Industrial Complex

Singapore 368239

Telephone

+65 62819778