SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

FZ1 - FAZER 1000 Review

GSGabes

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To the moderators of SBF...

Even though we have our own provate chat, this does not mean that we are against you in anyway and is NOT interested in having any special groupings or status in this forum. We are not exclusive and eventually everyone moves on with their lifes.

Just to make this clear...

Originally posted by hsp_89@Oct 24 2004, 03:03 AM

Hi Guys,

can I check if the new 2005 model is fuel injection? roughly how much would it be?

I was quoted 19k but not too sure for 2004 or 2005 model.. :giddy:

05 fz1 is still carb version

:cheer:

for more info, visit yamaha webbie

:cheer:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

hey any one there frequently park their fazer at far east square? blue fz1 with full fairing and micron end can...

2yrs of waiting. few accidents, tons of determination and lots of hard work!! now i am enjoying biking on my beloved Fazer!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just wanted to inform you guys that I've just upgraded from a Phantom 200 to a Fazer 1000.

I find the bike really a sweet thing to ride. Can't stop myself from itching to throttle more.

Hope to post here more soon.

cheers

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy sh*t we don't need."

- Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

"Until you find something worth dying for, you're not really living."

- Rebecca St. James

Originally posted by seeprompt@Nov 29 2004, 12:52 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to inform you guys that I've just upgraded from a Phantom 200 to a Fazer 1000.

I find the bike really a sweet thing to ride. Can't stop myself from itching to throttle more.

cheers

join our makan section on coming 4th dec.

Occasion: Dinner

Date: 4th December 2004

Time: 1930

Meetup: GP Petronas

Destination: Orang Asli

Food: Halai

see u :smile:

work is life, no a job.

Originally posted by waiyuen@Nov 29 2004, 12:11 PM

I am really honoured by your invite. But unfortunately I must put a rain check on the outing. You see, I may want to spent the weekend (window) shoping for accessories.

Perhaps another time?

cheers

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy sh*t we don't need."

- Rebecca St. James

Originally posted by waiyuen@Nov 29 2004, 12:11 PM

By the way, what's the average size of the group that travel together on such excursions?

How frequent do you organise such outings?

And what's the rough mix of bikes (make and model) that ride along? Or is it "preferred" for Fazer riders?

Thanks in advance for your kind attention. Apologies for being so naive, you see I hardly travel up north.

cheers.

- Rebecca St. James

Originally posted by seeprompt@Nov 30 2004, 12:52 AM

By the way, what's the average size of the group that travel together on such excursions?

How frequent do you organise such outings?

And what's the rough mix of bikes (make and model) that ride along? Or is it "preferred" for Fazer riders?

Thanks in advance for your kind attention. Apologies for being so naive, you see I hardly travel up north.

cheers.

wah..alot of quesions :smile: moka is on training...

normally 1 day trip, will have around 7 -10++ bikes, because is more easy to arrange :smile:

Those trips over 2 days is less people go...bcos need arrange leave (somepeople), hotel and very long distance. But I thk is more fun lah~

i thk normally 1 mth will at least 1 gathering (no official, everyone can organize)...sometime we have food section :cheeky: like this coming 4 Dec.

oh...normally is Fazer1, and Fazer6. Only 2 "OLD" fazer 6, tht are Katana and me :cry: Quite few of new fazer 6. We welcome all bike come. Even u not riding Fazer. They r nice guy :smile:

Just scare other biker might abit sian :sian: , bcos most topic is talking about Fazer...Is Fazer group mah~ :cheeky:

Wish is helpful for u. :cheeky:

work is life, no a job.

Originally posted by waiyuen@Nov 30 2004, 02:27 PM

wah..alot of quesions :smile: moka is on training...

normally 1 day trip, will have around 7 -10++ bikes, because is more easy to arrange :smile:

Those trips over 2 days is less people go...bcos need arrange leave (somepeople), hotel and very long distance. But I thk is more fun lah~

i thk normally 1 mth will at least 1 gathering (no official, everyone can organize)...sometime we have food section :cheeky: like this coming 4 Dec.

oh...normally is Fazer1, and Fazer6. Only 2 "OLD" fazer 6, tht are Katana and me :cry: Quite few of new fazer 6. We welcome all bike come. Even u not riding Fazer. They r nice guy :smile:

Just scare other biker might abit sian :sian: , bcos most topic is talking about Fazer...Is Fazer group mah~ :cheeky:

Wish is helpful for u. :cheeky:

got 1 more guy riding the same bike as us liao, now its going to be 3 instead of us 2

haha

Originally posted by seeprompt@Nov 29 2004, 08:57 PM

I am really honoured by your invite. But unfortunately I must put a rain check on the outing. You see, I may want to spent the weekend (window) shoping for accessories.

Perhaps another time?

cheers

best is to come gathering with us n u can ask them where to get the accessories

:cheeky:

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by seeprompt@Nov 29 2004, 12:52 AM

Hi,

cheers

how's the feelin like ridin?:cry:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

Originally posted by ProjectD@Dec 18 2004, 11:45 PM

how's the feelin like ridin?:cry:

Let me put it this way, "I slept with a smile fixed on my face on the first night after taking the bike out for a spin around Singapore"

It is really a good feeling to "own" the road.

- Rebecca St. James

Originally posted by seeprompt@Dec 23 2004, 10:53 PM

Let me put it this way, "I slept with a smile fixed on my face on the first night after taking the bike out for a spin around Singapore"

It is really a good feeling to "own" the road.

haha... congrates man... I felt exactly the same way... I still feel the same way... the bike is sweet... hehe... join us for our gatherings and learn more about the bike... everyone has somehow done it up differently and uniquely... hahah... so show us your creativity too... hehehe...

Control your throttle though... Road safety campaign on for the next 3 months...

Originally posted by William Tan@Dec 29 2004, 07:56 AM

Just wondering, I am 115kg, plus my girl, total human weight about 175kg. Plus boxes, god knows, can the bike suspension still take it?

just set the rear suspension harder, it will help. Me and my gf almost 115kg, after I adjust the suspension, if feel harder, bounding less...especially every night I cross over the stupid Malaysia custom hump...last time every time kena scratch... :smile:

work is life, no a job.

Hi William,

The recommended total Load weight for the bike according to the manual sets at 190kg. You are within that zone. But aint sure when u load luggage. The suspension might be too soft. You might wanna upgrade the shock if u get the Fazer1000. :thumb:

Fantastic machine. :smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/FazeGabes/MISC/R1200GSASignature.jpg

We must ADJUST to an Ever changing Road...while holding onto unchanging principles.... :angel:

PLS HELP, SAW THIS CB400 WITHOUT HEADLIGHT OR METERS IN A CARPARK TODAY MORNING, IF YOU KNOW WHO IS SELF-INSTALLING / REPLACING NEW HEADLIGHT OR METERS IN THE VOID DECK OR CARPARK, PLS TAKE DOWN THEIR MOTORCYCLE NUMBER REPORT TO POLICE, IT MAY BE A STOLEN PARTS FROM THIS BIKE.

I AM NOT THE OWNER AND I DO NOT KNOW THE BIKE OWNER, JUST HOPE TO HELP BY SENDING THIS MESSAGE AROUND, JUST HELPING ANOTHER BIKER AND REDUCE CRIME RATE, IT'S SAD TO SEE SUCH THINGS HAPPEN AND IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY1 OF US.

PLEASE HELP EACH OTHER, MANY THANKS.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66510&d=1214192421

Originally posted by Sankar73@Jan 2 2005, 04:45 PM

No..sorry... i was referring to Gsxxer...:thumb:

:cheeky: Sankar hehehe.... Meet up for coffee k? :sweat:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/FazeGabes/MISC/R1200GSASignature.jpg

We must ADJUST to an Ever changing Road...while holding onto unchanging principles.... :angel: