SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

dwarf hamsters

Speedpass

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haiz...now i will never get to house them in the same cage,whem i put the male hammie near the female hammie,suddenly the male one started clawing at female hammie,when i separate them,the male hammie makes a hissing sound and run around like not at ease or excited (something like that).

anyway i bought am antiseptic for the injured hammie,both of its front legs/paws really bad and later got puss (yucks) but now since i applied the anitseptic the wound healing.

about the food (VitaKraft's Menu) and drink (plain water),i change everyday but i seldom give them fruits or veggies.

i give them like chips,sweet,fish,hotdog,coke and milk (but not always).

Originally posted by TW200Girl@Jul 6 2004, 10:57 PM

haiz...now i will never get to house them in the same cage,whem i put the male hammie near the female hammie,suddenly the male one started clawing at female hammie,when i separate them,the male hammie makes a hissing sound and run around like not at ease or excited (something like that).

anyway i bought am antiseptic for the injured hammie,both of its front legs/paws really bad and later got puss (yucks) but now since i applied the anitseptic the wound healing.

about the food (VitaKraft's Menu) and drink (plain water),i change everyday but i seldom give them fruits or veggies.

Wat??U giv them all those things to eat?Hmm...okok...I dun tink its rather good to giv them those to eat man...arent natural....:giddy:

The only way to find love isn't finding the perfect person, but by loving the imperfect person perfectly. True love doesn't have a good ending. It simply doesn't end.

2003 Nov - 2005 April -TZR125

2005 April - 2006 Nov -TA200

2006 Nov - 2010 June -TA200 & RS250

2010 June - Now - FZ1 & RS250

2015 June - Now - GSA 1200 & RS250

Originally posted by original_ss@Jul 7 2004, 12:55 PM

Wat??U giv them all those things to eat?Hmm...okok...I dun tink its rather good to giv them those to eat man...arent natural....:giddy:

you r rite.

but dont they get bore eating the same thing everyday ??? hehehe...

anyway i will stop giving them human-always-eat food.

Originally posted by TW200Girl@Jul 7 2004, 02:04 PM

you r rite.

Try not giving them those things especially sweets. U can give them eat fruits e.g one slice of apple or one grape. But must remember not to let the moist food rotten. Besides this u can give them nuts, hay and 2 x a week cottage cheese. It should be alright. Remember water should be changed everyday. :cheeky:

:cool: The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

both my hamsters jus LOVE peach ~~~

when i eat i get near the cage, they will come out of their 'house' and smell smell smell ..

kekez ..

tried giving them milk but seems like they doesn't like it ..

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/53/46/7716435/3484044263522l.jpg

Originally posted by TW200Girl@Jul 7 2004, 02:04 PM

you r rite.

If u wan to give something else to ur hamsters, y not try giving insects...hee...They are omnivorous u noe? And they do eat insects..Hee :slurp:

The only way to find love isn't finding the perfect person, but by loving the imperfect person perfectly. True love doesn't have a good ending. It simply doesn't end.

Hi all,

I have 3 dwarf hamsters that are a week old for adoption. DOB: 12/07/2004.

Parents are a Pudding WW (Mother) and a Sapphire WW (Father). Right now, they have not grown fur yet, so I don't know what their fur color will be & also, their gender. :confused:

They should be ready for adoption when they are 2~3 weeks old. For easier familiarization and taming, I would recommend adopting them as soon as they're past the weening stage, which is in another week.

Self collect only. Please bring along a cage for transport. Anybody interested please PM me your contacts.

Only for hamster lovers. I hope to find good homes and owners for them. :smile:

Originally posted by biting_point@Jul 16 2004, 11:52 PM

These are my Pearl WWs..

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v289/biting_point/Hamsters/edited1.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v289/biting_point/Hamsters/edited2.jpg

how come ya cage soooo cute de ????

like those jap houses like tt ~~

btw, want to enquire something ..

if i've already 2 hamsters, can i buy another 1 or 2 newly born hamsters and put them together ??

will they fight or wad ???

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/53/46/7716435/3484044263522l.jpg

Originally posted by kAtH3rIn3@Jul 20 2004, 05:58 PM

if i've already 2 hamsters, can i buy another 1 or 2 newly born hamsters and put them together ??

Tink its not a wise choice as the 2 newborn are not their kids...Fights would most probably break out, and the 2 young ones will suffer.I would suggest not...but hope I m wrong though.Someone pls correct me if I m wrong... :cool:

Before introducing the new animal in the cage always change the litter and clean the cage.

This is very important because it gives all the animals a neutral ground.

Then spread some food around the cage, which will give them something to distract them from each other. Put the animals together and watch for any negative reactions. If they fight, separate them before they hurt each other and try again later.

Don't worry if one is "left out" and sleeps alone, as long as they aren't actively fighting they will eventually be integrated into the colony.

:thumb:

:cool: The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Originally posted by Taurus22@Jul 18 2004, 08:11 PM

Hi all,

I have 3 dwarf hamsters that are a week old for adoption. DOB: 12/07/2004.

Parents are a Pudding WW (Mother) and a Sapphire WW (Father). Right now, they have not grown fur yet, so I don't know what their fur color will be & also, their gender. :confused:

They should be ready for adoption when they are 2~3 weeks old. For easier familiarization and taming, I would recommend adopting them as soon as they're past the weening stage, which is in another week.

Self collect only. Please bring along a cage for transport. Anybody interested please PM me your contacts.

Only for hamster lovers. I hope to find good homes and owners for them. :smile:

Dear all,

I have 2 dwarfies to let go. As stated, they were born on 12/07/2004. 1 is a normal winter white & another, a pudding. Both are female.

Hope to give them up for adoption as a package as they do not take up space & doesn't eat much... Not much difference in rearing 1 also.

Only for hamster lover. Hope to give them away before 3 weeks old, so that they won't have difficulties adapting to the new environment.

Please pm me your contact numbers if interested. Thanks. :smile:

The photos were just taken yesterday. Top left to right: Father (Sapphire), Mother (Pudding on wheels), & the 3 hammies, 2 puddings & 1 normal WW, on feeding pan.

• 4 weeks later...

i've decided to keep my fish tank instead of hamstering.

anyone interested to take up hamstering?

u will get whatever that i have related to hamster for $20.

i just list them in general :

. 2 female sapphire winter white.

. habitrail safari cage. comes w/ wheel. double decker design

. 2 hamster toilet

. 2 hamster hideouts

. feeding bowl

. 3 water bottles. (2 bearings type with rubber seal)

. another wheel from japan.

. some toilet sand

. marukan hamster food. left abt a can size

. 56 litres of soft wood beddings. 85% left. its a big bag!

aniwae my 2 hamsters are tamed from young. so dun have

to worry abt biting lo. :smile: sms 9061 9007

A Ping Pong forum for tt enthusiast !!

sgpingpong.20.forumer.com/

Guest ahger^83
Originally posted by dalkis@Feb 9 2004, 09:53 PM

for male hamster, it hv a extra thing....

like a bag near the pang sai area...

female dun hv at all.

flip ur ham over n see...

male normally u can visibily see 2 seperate nice nice wholes...

another way is dun flip...press their butt down n if u see a triangle shape, its a male

female, the 2 holes ur very near..most ppl see it as 1 hole...

Guest ahger^83
Originally posted by kAtH3rIn3@Feb 12 2004, 03:36 AM

oh ya ..

wanted to ask ..

other den feeding ya hamster plain water, is there anything else we can feed him ??

like fresh juice or wad lehz ...

juices r not advisable..best is fresh fruit...or veggies...

Guest ahger^83
Originally posted by kAtH3rIn3@Jul 20 2004, 05:58 PM

u oready got ur hams...so if u wanna intro dem to new hams, best in put dem in a box 1st...wif beddings n food...den slowy 2 by 2 put in (eg. put A n B in 1st) den supervise dem for sometime....n see if dey fight..if dey fight for 3 secs n stop n still get near to each other, den put A n C together...repeat lor...

if got fight very jialat, den canot put dem together ler... best is if can tell their sexes liaoz..den seperate dem according to their sex...

for those who wanna breed hamsters, it not advisable to breed dem as there r alot of hams for adoption..y breed when u can save more hamsters?

anyway, the advise is intro a older male to a younger female using the above method..it wld be best if both r very tame cos their baby will be tame as well...n also best if same breed...

Guest ahger^83
Originally posted by TW200Girl@Jul 6 2004, 11:12 PM

sweet stuffs is not adviable..but if u wan, give in moderation...

hotdogs n such oso not healthy for hams...

best is hamster food...n those fruits u can get in petshop for hams...n fresh fruits n veggies in moderation...

Guest ahger^83
Originally posted by original_ss@Jul 23 2004, 02:20 AM

Tink its not a wise choice as the 2 newborn are not their kids...Fights would most probably break out, and the 2 young ones will suffer.I would suggest not...but hope I m wrong though.Someone pls correct me if I m wrong... :cool:

can slowly intro one...fight is of cos one...but if dey fight till jialat...den cannot liaoz...

Guest ahger^83
Originally posted by Yuna@Aug 16 2004, 05:57 PM

i've decided to keep my fish tank instead of hamstering.

anyone interested to take up hamstering?

u will get whatever that i have related to hamster for $25.

i just list them in general :

. 2 female sapphire winter white.

. habitrail safari cage. comes w/ wheel. double decker design

. 2 hamster toilet

. 2 hamster hideouts

. feeding bowl

. 3 water bottles. (2 bearings type with rubber seal)

. another wheel from japan.

. some toilet sand

. marukan hamster food. left abt a can size

. 56 litres of soft wood beddings. 85% left. its a big bag!

aniwae my 2 hamsters are tamed from young. so dun have

to worry abt biting lo. :smile: sms 9061 9007

u still have hamster hideout? got pic to show?

Guest ahger^83

my siggy got my hams' pic... the ww pearl is not realted to anyof dem in anyway...

din managed to get pix of their mummy...cos she dun like to take pix one..

hey guys!!!

guess what!

my hammies!!

they arent fiting anymore!!!

this is miracle!!!!

really,i mean look they fought till one is injured blood here there and have to separate them but now they can even live in the same huge cage together,no fites!!!

they even cuddle up together when sleeping!!!!

WOW! A MIRACLE TO ME!