SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm currently using this tyre now, is there any other tyres that are more durable?

Metzler Roadtec Z6 quite a decent pair of tourin tyres.

********************************************************************************

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Pizzaboy_Siggy.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

www.pizzahut.com.sg

There's another one, but the grip not as good. This BT-023 gives the best grip but i feel it wears out quite fast. My BT-023 lasted 15000km. I'll ask my fren about his tire model n let u know here.

Bridgestone BT-023 is the best pair of tire I use so far, got about 10,000km on it with only about 60% wear. There r 2 plm with it, 1 is the unusual vibration n static cut line on both front n back.

Last Jan it took me thru all the curves n straights without any plm with it dual compound, next week will be another pair of BT-023 for my trip. :)

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

What the price like for BT 023 for front n rear. Any comment pilot 3 ? Need to change mind soon.

HKL quoted me $440 a pair, last year was $470. BuT Lim Ah Boy only $340. :D

Simon Soh

I am not sure if this is the same Bt-023 Sport touring series. I had tried to source for this series at my prev tire change but to no avail.

Go around asking, ST13 still a model up to date.

I tried unique, replied saying they dont keep odd size tire(ST1100). Ice cream.......~~~~♥

Simon Soh

Unique have long list of tyre price but when you go there their tire choice are quite limited. I change mine to michelin pilot road. maybe next tire change. The Bt023 have two type... one is the normal BT023 the other is the BT023 Sport touring edition. Think local agent bring in only the non sport touring .

HKL quoted me $440 a pair, last year was $470. BuT Lim Ah Boy only $340. :D

I think better give Ah Boy a skip with tire change... Years ago I had them change my CBR900 tires, scratch the rims really bad & didn't even balance the tires. I agree it's cheap but better to have peace of mind & proper workmanship.

Unique have long list of tyre price but when you go there their tire choice are quite limited. I change mine to michelin pilot road. maybe next tire change. The Bt023 have two type... one is the normal BT023 the other is the BT023 Sport touring edition. Think local agent bring in only the non sport touring .

I think BT23 has 2types, 1 is the regular type(sport touring) for ST1100 and other bikes.

The other is the GT types(for ST13, FJR etc) for heavier sport tourers as they claimed. The GT types supposed to be designed for these few "Heavier" models while the normal BTs are regular specs.

Bridgestone got made in jeepun & thaikok so dat explains è price difference...

********************************************************************************

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Pizzaboy_Siggy.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

www.pizzahut.com.sg

Wise choice to stick to trusted and reliable workshop. Thanks for the advise guys.

Simon Soh

I think BT23 has 2types, 1 is the regular type(sport touring) for ST1100 and other bikes.

The other is the GT types(for ST13, FJR etc) for heavier sport tourers as they claimed. The GT types supposed to be designed for these few "Heavier" models while the normal BTs are regular specs.

Yup. These are the ones I mention. Next change I might source for the GT type

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Hi guys full tank ST1100 can go how many kilometers to get reserve. Any suggestions

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I think this question very difficult to answer leh...

It all depends on the rider and his style & also the traffic that he's in.

I used to travel on highway 80%(90-100kph) + 20% city traffic, when my bike was brand new in '00, I can get around 400km then low fuel light turn on, reserve can roughly go another 30-50km varies.

My current bike can only go about 350km but I only ride like once/twice a mth & only short distance, so cannot compare.

Maybe some other guys can chip in & we can see what's the number like.

Cannot only depend on reserve light, you need to know what you usually get from full to reserve so you don't run dry, incase 1 day your reserve bulb blow or your fuel float fail. Don't ask me how come I know, you don't want to test pushing a ST for few hundred meter to a petrol kiosk, in heavy traffic, at noontime in JB :)