Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

Originally posted by Leki@Mar 5 2004, 12:12 PM

Simon,

Malaysians are going to the polls on 21 March. Suggest we postpone the trip unless you guys enjoy uncertainties and surprises.

Cheers..

hi Leki,

u got the point...! i hate surprises..

we shall amend for a good date, i suggest we make thru polling.

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

• Replies 6.6k

Originally posted by chee_teck@Mar 5 2004, 04:08 AM

Hehe saw this in yahoo auto...solie a bit offtopic ya...

Honda GL1500SE Gold Wing SE

1 year Corbin Seats, White Speedometer, CB intercom radio/talkie sets($700.00), Just overhauled - Pistons, valves, transmission shafts & rectifier. New Tyres. Some mild scatches. Regular service record/reciepts available with mileage. Nice similar double digit number plate FP**##. Need to run-in the engine if you buy! Now it the good time to renew COE(low). No RIDICULOUS OFFER! Interested bike enthusiasts call or SMS now - 9001 8711

Date Posted: 03/04/04

Sold As: By Owner

Price: $ 10,000.00 (Firm)

Category: Motorcycle

Colour: White

Year: 1997

Mileage: 73,000

Road Tax Expiry: 07/2004

Condition: Used

and find this on the net: http://www.scotiawings.org.uk/GL1500.html

The GL1500 1988 - 2001

SPECIFICATION

ENGINE FLAT SIX WATER COOLED OHC 1520cc

CLAIMED POWER 100BHP @ 5500RPM

FRAME STEEL PERIMETER

DRY WEIGHT 372KGS (816 LBS) (ST dry weight ??)

FUEL CAPACITY 24 LITRES (5.28 GALLONS) (ST is 28 without reserve isit?)

TYRE SIZE FRONT - 130/70 H - 18 REAR - 160/80 H - 16

PERFORMANCE 120 MPH (about - 222.24kmph)FUEL CONSUMPTION 40 MPG (bout -16.30 km/L)

st vs gw

DRY WEIGHT 372KGS (816 LBS) (ST dry weight 297)

FUEL CAPACITY 24 LITRES (5.28 GALLONS) (ST is 28 with reserve)

PERFORMANCE 120 MPH (about - 222.24kmph)FUEL CONSUMPTION 40 MPG (bout -16.30 km/L st- 17-20km/l)

Originally posted by hurricanemax@Mar 5 2004, 10:06 PM

:giddy: postpone ride to m'sia???:thumb: R we so kia si? What surprises? Its not like we are riding to afganistan or iraq:confused: what lah chicken bikers or what?:cheer:

hmax

wah first post flame on liao ah :confused:

Originally posted by hurricanemax@Mar 5 2004, 10:06 PM

:giddy: postpone ride to m'sia???:thumb: R we so kia si? What surprises? Its not like we are riding to afganistan or iraq:confused: what lah chicken bikers or what?:cheer:

hmax

Wah....weather so hot nowadays ah..... :angry:

Someone must organise a lim liang teh session........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steps to do a proper KNNBCCB with middle finger.

1. Bow down slightly, looking intensely at objective

2. Like a raging bull, hop and jog slowly towards objective

3. Take your left palm and slap it hard on the right mid-arm with a SLAP!

4. With charisma, raise right arm, whilst showing middle finger (with left palm trapped in bend right arm)

5. Shout! KNNBCCB

hi all ST fellows,

I may be upgrading soon but still not very sure abt the pricing of ST on the market, can advise me abit:cheeky: what is the range of pricing of a new ST1100 and a 2nd hand, rd tax and insure wif age 24......pleaseeeeeee advise me thanks:bounce: :bouncefire: :cheeky:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01767/Triumph_Tiger800-2_1767913c.jpg

RD125 TZR125 Phantom200 GSXR400 SRAD750 CBR1100XX FJR1300A GSR600 Tiger800

Originally posted by raiderlee@Mar 6 2004, 03:38 PM

hi all ST fellows,

I may be upgrading soon but still not very sure abt the pricing of ST on the market, can advise me abit:cheeky: what is the range of pricing of a new ST1100 and a 2nd hand, rd tax and insure wif age 24......pleaseeeeeee advise me thanks:bounce: :bouncefire: :cheeky:

Hi there ,

i am 24 also ... insurance 2nd party around 1000

for pricing of bike very general question .. depeends on what yr you looking at :smile:

Originally posted by raiderlee@Mar 6 2004, 03:38 PM

hi all ST fellows,

hi raiderlee,

as per ur inquirys, u r welcome to our useful 'meet/outing session' to receive more infos regarding ST1100.

we all have different knowledge at a certain extend, should be able to answer to ur doubts.

Simon Soh

Originally posted by Leki@Mar 6 2004, 05:36 AM

Aisay, why you want to follow us leh. People don't want to go you can go what. Nobody stop...stop...stopping you, light? Funny guy :smile:

"Funny guy" probably sign up just to flame u guys ba. 1st post oredi say such crude stuff. He probably havent heard of the chaos tht happen after the polls result are out many yrs back.

Plus the highway would b jammed up with everyone rushing to their registered poll centre to cast votes.

In short not very advisable to go in malaysia on tht day.

Just my two cents so funnyguy dun flame me ok :D

Kenneth ;)

Leisure riding...explore riding... but not FREE RIDING

Telur sebiji, riuh sekampung! - (Direct translation) Lay one egg, tell whole village

Originally posted by Alan@Mar 5 2004, 06:08 PM

st vs gw

DRY WEIGHT 372KGS (816 LBS) (ST dry weight 297)

FUEL CAPACITY 24 LITRES (5.28 GALLONS) (ST is 28 with reserve)

PERFORMANCE 120 MPH (about - 222.24kmph)FUEL CONSUMPTION 40 MPG (bout -16.30 km/L st- 17-20km/l)

Looks like ST with bigger tank lighter weight.lower consumption too :D.. good news for me man. can strike GL out of my wish list hehe.

Kenneth ;)

Leisure riding...explore riding... but not FREE RIDING

Telur sebiji, riuh sekampung! - (Direct translation) Lay one egg, tell whole village

Originally posted by Simon Soh@Mar 8 2004, 10:22 AM

hi raiderlee,

as per ur inquirys, u r welcome to our useful 'meet/outing session' to receive more infos regarding ST1100.

we all have different knowledge at a certain extend, should be able to answer to ur doubts.

can tell me when is your next outing or can contact me through via phone to let me know 91804613 Eric....thanks:cheeky:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01767/Triumph_Tiger800-2_1767913c.jpg

RD125 TZR125 Phantom200 GSXR400 SRAD750 CBR1100XX FJR1300A GSR600 Tiger800

Originally posted by chee_teck@Mar 8 2004, 01:12 PM

"Funny guy" probably sign up just to flame u guys ba. 1st post oredi say such crude stuff.

chee_teck,

could be somebodies i knew, if not y particularly chosen this thread..

i'm not surprise they viewed all my posts to enlighten they themselves..

Simon Soh

Hi.Jus checkn on those riders who had their insurance insured by diff co. Im doing mine this month plus rdtax.Been checkn around with some shops and on average for 26yr 3rd party Taisho marine cost abt $350++. Add another about $200 for TPFT.Anyone has other insurance co to recommend.Last time i used China but doubt so China still have now....Comments/?o_O

Originally posted by cbkooky@Mar 10 2004, 07:58 PM

Hi.Jus checkn on those riders who had their insurance insured by diff co. Im doing mine this month plus rdtax.Been checkn around with some shops and on average for 26yr 3rd party Taisho marine cost abt $350++. Add another about $200 for TPFT.Anyone has other insurance co to recommend.Last time i used China but doubt so China still have now....Comments/?o_O

I have no idea but something i wanna say if you guys wanna buy NTUC insurance can look for me ... maybe can ask mum give you some discount... hehe :cheeky:

my TPFT was Sgd308, after general increament was Sgd440.. the underwritting agent quote was from age of 25-31 years old & the age of my 94' ST1100.

before renewal last year, i hunt around & got few unrealistic quotes from bike shops before deciding to renew my insurance with them. private discount was granted also.

it's better to deal directly from their source if we r eligible.

Simon Soh

Originally posted by Simon Soh@Mar 10 2004, 10:13 PM

my TPFT was Sgd308, after general increament was Sgd440.. the underwritting agent quote was from age of 25-31 years old & the age of my 94' ST1100.

before renewal last year, i hunt around & got few unrealistic quotes from bike shops before deciding to renew my insurance with them. private discount was granted also.

it's better to deal directly from their source if we r eligible.

......mine is 99' ST.

hi cbkooky,

confirmed & guaranteed higher.. :D

Simon Soh

Originally posted by Alan@Mar 10 2004, 10:33 PM

i am 26, 3rd party cost me $500, tpft $800 with ntuc

and i had 10% ncd and 5% loyatly and a 99 ST :giddy:

where is this Taisho marine insurnace, i am interested when i need to renew next yr.

:mad:

WOW>>Why your third party XXXX man....

Originally posted by Simon Soh@Mar 10 2004, 10:24 PM

hi cbkooky,

confirmed & guaranteed higher.. :D

NTUC Higher/??....Errrk....guess for now my option still third party T.Marine.....Cos when i check for prices i request from shop to show me the breakdown of price and normally they show me a list of insurance price from the company they undertake.SO roughly the idea is there.