Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys!

 

While riding in the hot sun just now, my RPM went to 7K. But i know it was not. Had to play with the brakes and turn off the lights then it went down to normal. Keeps going heywire for about a 10 minutes.

 

Then now its okay already after letting the bike sit for about 4 hours to "rest". What could be wrong? I changed my battery not more than 4 months ago. Thanks.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

 

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

you mean your meter going crazy or really your engine RPM go all over the place?

http://simonnunis.smugmug.com/photos/684724736_fuDoa-M-1.jpg
Posted
you mean your meter going crazy or really your engine RPM go all over the place?

 

sounds like it's the meter

and if he needs to play with the lights, could be an electrical / grounding problem? or mebbe just a loose wire?

Grounded... :/

Posted

if rpm going crazy...most probably a binding throtltle cable, or some jets is unscrewing itself..literally.hahhaha

 

rpm goes crazy as a result of large volume of petrol going into engine from the carb only..

electical problem u get a dying engine..

rpm meter going crazy..it is dying ..

imho.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

Posted

It was just the meter. I've been with my bike long enough to hear and know that my engine is running fine.

 

I think like what antartica said, some wires somewhere... The last time this happened, it was my battery problem. But i've just changed my battery not more than 4 months ago.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

 

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Posted

I had the same problem on my previous bike. it was due to a weak battery. if your battery is still weak despite being 4 months old, it might not be fully charged. probably rectifier or alternator.

 

best to check with shops with proper electrical equipment.

No more regrets.

Posted
Wad bike u riding now ts?

 

[Class 2B] [December 2008]

[Class 3] [January 2009]

[Yamaha YBR 125] [March 2009]

 

Looks like its a Yammie YBR!

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/danielsin2/800_3108.jpg

Posted
Looks like its a Yammie YBR!

 

Yup. My trusty, unkle-like YBR! :cheeky:

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

 

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Guys!

 

Today when riding in the hot sun, my RPM was even crazier! Once i move off from stationary, the RPM suddenly shoot up to 6k and got stuck there. I will have to turn off my lights for it to go down. It will come back up to 6k a few seconds to minutes later.

 

When switching off my lights while it is happening, sometimes causes the RPM needle to go down a little, sometimes it doesnt work at all.

 

I rode back to my mech and ask him what happened. He asked me if there was any performance diff with my bike. I said no because i felt that it is the same. Then he say, its most likely my RPM meter spoil. He call up Hong Leong, then told me replace whole meter was $140 plus $20 labour.

 

I was like -_-". What do you guys think could be the problem with my bike besides a "spoilt" meter? I can live with a spoilt RPM meter no problem but i am hoping to find a cheaper solution. Thanks!

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

 

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Posted

The symtomp which you describe sound like the recent toyota recall accelerator struck problem......hahah

From Honda's Phantom to ..................

Clearing each stage at SSDC and BBDC for bike license was fun !!!

Posted

If that is the case, i hope they recall all 2006-2007 YBR125s sold in South East Asia and replace them with the spanking new 2010 YBR125!

 

But really, anyone else experienced my problem before and at least point me in the direction of what could be wrong?

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

 

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Posted

Wah, damn sian. How like that?

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

 

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Posted

Anyone can recommend a good mech that would not ask me to change my meter and can troubleshoot at a component level?

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

 

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Posted
Anyone can recommend a good mech that would not ask me to change my meter and can troubleshoot at a component level?

 

tried HLC? find the head mechanic... he's the dedicated type...

Posted
tried HLC? find the head mechanic... he's the dedicated type...

 

Hong leong damn expensive sia. But you think worth it? I asked before electrical problem troubleshoot is $45.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

 

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Posted
Hong leong damn expensive sia. But you think worth it? I asked before electrical problem troubleshoot is $45.

 

Hong leong damn ex but coz their mechanic will know the bike inside out so will be reliable in the sense that comfirm problem get solved... But to the expense of our pockets...

 

Go hlc find the head mech see wad he say la... Then see how much the boss Kelvin wanna charge u then compare lor... Or go planet? Alot of people say the shop good... Up to u...

Posted

Planet? Where Planet ah?

 

I don't have any intention to change bike anytime soon and i am keeping my bike for now...

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

 

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

HI GUYS!

 

I cannot contain my excitement. I went to United Motor under the recommendation of Tony and Chris. Nice guys.

 

I went to the shop and asked for YBR meter, the whole set. The uncle there say got 2 kinds. We tried speaking a bit of singlish to each other but after a few seconds later, we ended up speaking broken malay to each other. My YBR tachometer is operated by electrics and not a cable.

 

Then i asked him.

 

1) "Unkle, ada dia punya tachometer aja tak? Because gua punya tacho rosak. Semua all okay." I asked.

 

2) "Ada! Jika lu punya tacho losak, beli tacho aja la. Sayang la semua nak tuka." Replied the unkle.

 

I was delighted. I knew that my bike tacho had no connection to the other meter at all, so i asked him how much. He said $28. Okay ah. I also heck care already i in a rush, i just bought it and went home.

 

I had to remove the head fairing which was rather easy. I build computers as a side job for almost my whole life, so when it comes to these electrics it was easy. The only difficult part was using brute strength to remove the rusted fused nuts and bolts that secured the old tachometer.

 

While conducting checks, a bulb was blown so i went to walk and buy a bulb about 1km away from my house. The meter light bulb costs $1.50. I heck care i just buy also.

 

I went back, tried and tested the electrics, light etc. Cleaned all the other connectors and blew into them, then put it all together. I then rode to the aiport and back.

 

Although the tachometer worked fine, i was wondering sometimes, at about 100-110km/h, the tachometer needle would be jumping for a few seconds in a deviation of about half a centimeter. I am not really that fussy but i wonder what caused this. Hmm...

 

All in all, i am happy. Didnt spend a hundred bucks plus. Almost EVERY mechanic i went to said that i HAD to replace the meter unit. Even Hong Leong said that the meter costs $215 without labour!

 

Oh well...

 

Translations:

 

1) "Uncle. Do you have just the tachometer only? Because only my tacho spoil. The rest is okay"

 

2) "Got! If you tacho spoil, just buy the tacho. Its quite a waste if you replaced the whole thing."

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

 

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Posted

Tony best ah.

 

You know ah, my tac meter now looks super nice at night sia! Super sexy...

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

 

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Posted
Tony best ah.

 

You know ah, my tac meter now looks super nice at night sia! Super sexy...

 

Then wat are you waiting for? quickly go cum on your bike. :D :lol: Hahaha. Mabbe can give birth to a new meter. :D

Posted

so you own me a meal!

i help you save over 100dollars.

 

chris!!!

free food coming,ask from him!

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

 

 

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...