SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Gathering] Bike Wash Thread

jtzx

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awww..... going FNO on friday. if FNO ends earlier then i might come.. so 50-50 first =d

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

sigh... bike chrome surfaces got water marks again after kenna huge thunderstorm over in boleh land today... lightning coming down everywhere...

been sometime since i experienced such weather... 1st time ever in a foreign land...haha.

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

sigh... bike chrome surfaces got water marks again after kenna huge thunderstorm over in boleh land today... lightning coming down everywhere...

been sometime since i experienced such weather... 1st time ever in a foreign land...haha.

yeah! a better reason for you to come FNO and then we camp at patrick house till morning ;-)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

What's worse than a thunderstorm is being in the middle of it during a time trial up Neo Tiew (for the second time today) and with no rain gear or shelter to escape into. Not that I ever escaped from the rain :)

Rainwater was steaming off the hot engine and splashing on my feet but the worst bit was Kranji Dam where there was no protection against a 30 knot gust of wind. I hunkered down on the tank and dropped gear for increased gyroscope effect from engine and just kept going until the weather gave up :)

Usually I prefer washing in the morning bcos the weather is still cooling and also that will leave us the rest of the day free. But to accomodate some of you, do you want it in the afternoon, between 2-5pm?

Kenny, maybe we reverse the process and can visit Ah Koon and Planet in the morning if you want?

Let me know! Cheers.

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

me too... jt if the fno only we 2 den we do a fifo isit ok?

i'm ok with anything bro... miss the long chill relaxing ride in JB.. i'm not a speed demon ma... relax only =D

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Washing + talk talk Session

DATE: 27 March 10

MEETING VENUE: Toa Payoh Lor 5 Blk 50

MEETING TIME: 10am

Itinerary:

Wash + Chitchat

Checklist:

• Shampoo, cloths, polishing kit and patience

*bucket will be provided by Organiser only. *

Name List:

1.pureice68 - 98179068

2.Kalyan - 9 3270801 (Can borrow someone's clearcoat? Clearcoat IU!!)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Usually I prefer washing in the morning bcos the weather is still cooling and also that will leave us the rest of the day free. But to accomodate some of you, do you want it in the afternoon, between 2-5pm?

Kenny, maybe we reverse the process and can visit Ah Koon and Planet in the morning if you want?

Let me know! Cheers.

It will be better to include the JB "veterans" in the washing guild gathering so let's hit the shops in the morning. I need my cam chain checked after yesterday's time attack in rainstorm so we'll visit Planet first and the accessories shop on a "as time permits" basis.

Feel free to move off first if there's big waiting time for repair :)

i really don't mind waking up at 10am to company you guys... after a friday nights out... i can sleep lesser =D

But visit planet followed by lunch nearby will be good.. someone organise =p

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Washing + talk talk Session

DATE: 27 March 10

MEETING VENUE: Toa Payoh Lor 5 Blk 50

MEETING TIME: 2pm-5pm

Itinerary:

Wash + Chitchat

Checklist:

• Shampoo, cloths, polishing kit and patience

*bucket will be provided by Organiser only. *

Name List:

1.pureice68 - 98179068

2.Kalyan - 9 3270801 (Can borrow someone's clearcoat? Clearcoat IU!!)

Special Note: - We will visit Planet (Dr Chong) at 10am, have lunch around his area and ride to Blk 50 Toa Payoh Lor 5 for Wash + ChitChat.

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

It will be better to include the JB "veterans" in the washing guild gathering so let's hit the shops in the morning. I need my cam chain checked after yesterday's time attack in rainstorm so we'll visit Planet first and the accessories shop on a "as time permits" basis.

Feel free to move off first if there's big waiting time for repair :)

Bro, you know the way to Dr Chong? Else we can meet earlier and ride there together? What say you?

Confirmed :)

Hopefully the funny sound from my cam chain is minor thing that disappears tonight.. since its supposed to be auto tensioning?

I will also buy some rust removal paste for guild use, you know, the thing that converts rust into black surface.

I might want to have a matt black header before I lose more exhaust pipe chrome.

Confirmed :)

Hopefully the funny sound from my cam chain is minor thing that disappears tonight.. since its supposed to be auto tensioning?

I will also buy some rust removal paste for guild use, you know, the thing that converts rust into black surface.

I might want to have a matt black header before I lose more exhaust pipe chrome.

Yup, good idea! Let me know how much it is and I'll chip in lah!

So for those washing guild, do come down if you wanna use some of these rust removal lah! Cheers!:cool:

hahah... if i will to meet up, i will sms patrick ;-) not sure what time FNO ends =P

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Will be at Planet at 9am so by the time Patrick arrives I should be able to get the work started on my machine.

My bike seems to have a very strange sprocket combo that gives super-power acceleration in street conditions but I run out of RPMs way before reaching the stock max speed. I got my 35km/l FC from running

As I spend most of my time on highway & main road cruising I will not mind to sacrifice some pickup for common sense since this isn't a 2 stroke that loves to run at 6000RPM all day.

Left side rear signal has died suddenly yesterday. I will not mind to wire the signals in "super four mode" as running lights. It makes a big difference in visibility without neccessitating installation of foglights. But this probably in the far future when I can do my own electrical work as I will want a "running lights on/off" switch to avoid wasting battery when not moving.

wa... i bet the last owner is a speed monster.. change to different gear ratio...

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Rustbusting activities:

Holding back on getting the anti rust supplies (it's what the super4 boys use to treat their headers before spraying hi temp black), they're quite ex ($15 a bottle, various brands) but they require skill and planning.

Those treatments seem to work better at high temps and for items like the exhaust, it makes sense to dismount before treating. Those with blackened or rusting headers should consider treating the rust and making the front part of the exhaust matte black (hi temp) to resist future wear and tear. Since the header is right behind the front wheel it's subject to the most abuse.

For me I'd like to do the above treatment plus the same on the left side of the exhaust (that no one sees). This is a place that loves to corrode out of everyone's sight.

Besides the rust converters you need a scraper (knock off the thick rust first), sandpaper and if the product you bought works only at high temperatures, some way to heat the part and then paint on the rust converter.

You will get a matte black surface which can be left alone or painted over, your choice, the organic matter generated will never rust again.