SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Suzuki Hayabusa

bongster6

Hi Bro Falcons,

i've just bought new busa from motordiam. And its been really nice! Big bike frame, nice engine sound, just makes me smile when I look at it..

The thing is i've managed to get a set of Motovation frame sliders from my shop and they told me that to fix em', need to drill hole into fairing! :(

Asked em bout other alternatives n got another 2.

1) One is attach to metal frame then jut the sliders out from fairing opening so no HOLES. (but they say "buang" the bike, this set up is actually useless, can't protect much.)

2) Heard the mechanic say got one slider model that local dun haf must buy frm EBAY, that one also no need drilling. (any idea what?)

So bros? You guys drill holes to secure frame sliders? Heart pain lei, if need to drill hole. But protection also equally important.

Please advise laojiaos n bros! Thanks in advance.

I guess your mechanic meant T-REX sliders,they dont shipped internationally.

The last i heard from 1 of my friend who bought it.

T-REX is good but heavy compared to those you need to drill holes in your fairings.

Thanks to the metal brackets.

Those standard size sliders cant protect your mirrors,lever,lower fairings and etc from falls

Cause they are not long enough.If get custom made 4 inch sliders for both sides it will be good.

But than again its not as strong as those standard size sliders for highspeed impacts.

The longer it is the lesser the impact strength they are able to withstand.

Heartpain buy race fairings loh.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg228/mercenary_017/BusaKenji.jpg

• Replies 56.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nok97

• NormalAspirated

• HYB80Y

• quizesilver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys,

I need some advise

my bike definately needs some form of suspension tuning

the rear is wayyy too bouncy and the front is just not giving me the confidence i need to attack the corners

can anyone tell me where is a good place I can get the suspension sorted out , I wanna some good advise with regards to damping and preload, stiffer oil for the front, heavier springs and confirm if my shocks are really screwed before I decide to go aftermarket

In any case if my shocks are really screwed, any options besides Ohlins?

Im not a trackie so I dont really need those linear race shocks.... Im sliding more towards the hyperpro for it's comfort and a lil bit of sportiness... anyone can give me a price quote for the various brands if im gonna change my rear schocks and front springs?

try bikeLAB bro

02- 03 - Nsr sp 150

03- 04 - Cbr 400

03- 05- YzF R1

04- 06 - Wave R

06- 06- YZF R1

06- 07 - lancer

07- 08 - civic ,08- 09 - Honda Fit,09- 09 - Spark 135

09- 10 - SPEC 2

10 - 11 - CIVIC , 11 - ?? - HayaBuSa

http://r9.fodey.com/2066/ef9c8a3140714894a5ef47796aa9b9aa.0.gifhttp://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/teamghoul/21052006.jpg

tnx kinwei for ur inputs.. trex sliders seems to be the more popular one huh... redflag n u both also using em'. sgd 160. hmmmmmm...

kinwei do u have friends that drill motovation frame sliders into their fairing? hmmmz. cos i'm being trying to find busas on the road and see samples. but no luck yet.

Busa rawks. heh. :cool:

Yup, me using T-Rex Sliders too. SGD160 is about right. u can write to them about shipping to SG or ship thru Vpost/ borderlinx services. Personally, while jap bikes generally not consider as exotic as italian bikes, cutting holes in brand new original fairings still heart pain for me lah. Alternatively is to get china made racing fairing like mercenary suggested. As for the additional weight incurred by no cut sliders, i am quite sure our busa engine won't feel the difference. strength and durability in a high or low side crash is another story which i m no expert to comment.

To cut or not to cut? Ultimately u have to make your own decision. But, it is a happy problem, no? Cheers bro :-)

tnx kinwei for ur inputs.. trex sliders seems to be the more popular one huh... redflag n u both also using em'. sgd 160. hmmmmmm...

kinwei do u have friends that drill motovation frame sliders into their fairing? hmmmz. cos i'm being trying to find busas on the road and see samples. but no luck yet.

im using drilled sliders... previous one was the none drilled one wasnt trex, the mounting that connected the slider to the bike bend... hahaha... its not good... if u wanna drill and be like me use both... busas are beautiful even if u put or dont put its damn nice... =) btw im shipping some stuff in from US if u wanna buy i can help u we can save cost on shipping...

The reason why I go for T-rex is the additional rod that is support both side slider mounting. But it can also bend during accident and hit against the radiator. But I'm taking the risk. Anyway for me slider is only meant for static fall. Other then that, it up to luck. I don't remember how I managed to ship it in, if I'm not wrong, I bought directly from T-Rex. Just send them a mail.

If you find it costly, then go for drilled slider. I do not have friends who can drill the hole. You may approached bike shop for help. I will usually suggest Bikeworkz. Just buy the slider from them and they will help with the installation.

Just to share my feedback on using the China Fairing. I used to have it on my 08 CBR. First of all, it can't take heat from the exhaust. It will melt and warp after prolong usage. Mine did that in less than a year, say maybe less than 6 months. If the damage is not significant, you may still resell it. However for my case, I discarded it when I sold my bike.

Another bad point is it cannot take impact. I have seen the fairing cracked into pieces upon accident. Which the fairing will become unrepairable. At least those FRP, fibreglass fairing can flex abit to handle impact.

I will suggest getting those street style race fairing though.

Bro Confused,

Suspension set up is very subjective and there are no "one size fits all" solution.

You have to do your own research and learn the science behind suspension setting before anything else.

My suggestion is to adjust your preload and set your static sag first.

See this link: http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/89876-jinkster-attacks-suspension.html

The stock suspension is OK for overall use unless you are over 80Kg.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Hey guys,

I need some advise

my bike definately needs some form of suspension tuning

the rear is wayyy too bouncy and the front is just not giving me the confidence i need to attack the corners

can anyone tell me where is a good place I can get the suspension sorted out , I wanna some good advise with regards to damping and preload, stiffer oil for the front, heavier springs and confirm if my shocks are really screwed before I decide to go aftermarket

In any case if my shocks are really screwed, any options besides Ohlins?

Im not a trackie so I dont really need those linear race shocks.... Im sliding more towards the hyperpro for it's comfort and a lil bit of sportiness... anyone can give me a price quote for the various brands if im gonna change my rear schocks and front springs?

Thanks kinwei and redflag for ur help! 10q 10q.. I guess since spent so much on bike liao my as well go for no cut sliders hor... Appreciate your help bros. guess i wouldnt wanna try other race fairings for now. Just wanna get all the protective gears up for the bike first. tank pad, sliders, etc.

Tankpads have so many design hor. Interesting..

Amir its okay u go ahead first. Thanks for asking! I'm thinking on what to do with my motovation sliders in this case. hehe! any takers? brand new though.

Trex sliders hmmm... Checking it out now.

Still got what things to buy for a just born falcon guys? lol. haiz. *looks at bank statement.*

Bro,

Don't think so much lah...motivation sliders are good and proven too...I'm using them now also...yes,you have to drill your fairing but if the work is done by a good mech, it will turn out very nice also. The main purpose of sliders is to protect your frame (up to a certain degree lah). No matter which type of sliders you use, once you drop a fat lady like busa, there are surely more things to worry about...sliders are just small insurance only...there are also fork sliders, swing arm sliders and exhaust sliders too (I have those made by "Xtreme Equipment" taken out from my bike (Gen 1) installed by previous owner. If you want, I sell you cheap cheap as welcome gifts if they fit lah!)...the best way to protect your tank is a tank bra I reckon...drop by for our next meet up and can see many many sliders...hahaha...

Vespa_XP,

Where are you bro? MIA liao har...we still waiting waiting for you to organize leh...LOLZ

Thanks kinwei and redflag for ur help! 10q 10q.. I guess since spent so much on bike liao my as well go for no cut sliders hor... Appreciate your help bros. guess i wouldnt wanna try other race fairings for now. Just wanna get all the protective gears up for the bike first. tank pad, sliders, etc.

Amir its okay u go ahead first. Thanks for asking! I'm thinking on what to do with my motovation sliders in this case. hehe! any takers? brand new though.

Still got what things to buy for a just born falcon guys? lol. haiz. *looks at bank statement.*

noted snake. u play metal gear solid? full of snakes in that game. heh :) ur welcome gifts i tink bout it ba, hehe. i'm just slowly adding up my list of cosmetic stuffs to buy. :)

i will give t-rex a go. will see bout the shipment cost and stuff like that as Kinwei advised.

Now on to look at tank pads! but google search results so limited lei. hkl sell one abit not nice wor. Need to go regina n see see look look.

snake u can recommend several shops u always go to find stuff for ur pretty busa? :p

noted snake. u play metal gear solid? full of snakes in that game. heh :) ur welcome gifts i tink bout it ba, hehe. i'm just slowly adding up my list of cosmetic stuffs to buy. :)

i will give t-rex a go. will see bout the shipment cost and stuff like that as Kinwei advised.

Now on to look at tank pads! but google search results so limited lei. hkl sell one abit not nice wor. Need to go regina n see see look look.

snake u can recommend several shops u always go to find stuff for ur pretty busa? :p

Just when I am speaking so highly of the T-rex slider. Just went to snap a photo of it to show you how ot looks like in actual, I found the left slide oose. Upon inspection, the left bracket broke at the welding part. Now at bike shop having it welded back. But it does save my fairing twice. Your call. I'll load the picture later. On my phone now. Cannot upload.

hahaha...Yes..i did use to play that game...for tank pads, they are actually "universal" one..you can go check motoworld out for busa specific types or chaip lee (Arai dealer) for "Harries" brand..regina also sells many..not problem looking for those lah...but will still have hair line sratch on our tank where your leg rub against your tank...best protect is still tank bra...I normally go to motoworld to buy stuff...but my bike quite stock..not really into modding...hope this helps..

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/camounation/saLem77.jpg

MY RIDES

RXZ135 botoL powered / WR200 FMF powered - RXZ D CLUB

SUPER4 VTEC2 Micron powered - S4M

R1 '07 LE Akrapovic powered

HAYABUSA '99 Scorpion powered - SgBusaRiderz

SUPER4 PB1 / 125z Rockstar

RXZ135 Japan-modeL 6-speed lemang powered

carousell.com/shasalem.biz :D

Bro Confused,

Suspension set up is very subjective and there are no "one size fits all" solution.

You have to do your own research and learn the science behind suspension setting before anything else.

My suggestion is to adjust your preload and set your static sag first.

See this link: http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/89876-jinkster-attacks-suspension.html

The stock suspension is OK for overall use unless you are over 80Kg.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

LOL Die lah

Above 80kgs

Thanks for the link :)

try bikeLAB bro

Yah thks.. tats what ive been hearing too LOL

When you realize that you are trapped and surrounded, you will become fearless.

When you have no way out, you will tap into your courage to stand firm.

When you have no choice, you will fight back with all you might.

~ Sun Tzu (11.33)

LOL Die lah

Above 80kgs

Thanks for the link :)

Yah thks.. tats what ive been hearing too LOL

Bro, bikelab is a good place to start. For your weight, a full rebuilt plus correct spring rate and revalving both front and rear will surely see very good improvments over stock...Good luck!

Someone selling T-rex frame silders on garage sale..250 nego, fyi..

Bro,

Don't think so much lah...motivation sliders are good and proven too...I'm using them now also...yes,you have to drill your fairing but if the work is done by a good mech, it will turn out very nice also. The main purpose of sliders is to protect your frame (up to a certain degree lah). No matter which type of sliders you use, once you drop a fat lady like busa, there are surely more things to worry about...sliders are just small insurance only...there are also fork sliders, swing arm sliders and exhaust sliders too (I have those made by "Xtreme Equipment" taken out from my bike (Gen 1) installed by previous owner. If you want, I sell you cheap cheap as welcome gifts if they fit lah!)...the best way to protect your tank is a tank bra I reckon...drop by for our next meet up and can see many many sliders...hahaha...

Vespa_XP,

Where are you bro? MIA liao har...we still waiting waiting for you to organize leh...LOLZ

haha.. i also waiting2 to have meet up lei... but poor response... i sad, so keep quiet lah.. aniwae, im goin KL tomolo... single bike.. haiz... I feel like riding to genting ah soon... any advise???

Bro,

Vespa_XP,

haha.. i also waiting2 to have meet up lei... but poor response... i sad, so keep quiet lah.. aniwae, im goin KL tomolo... single bike.. haiz... I feel like riding to genting ah soon... any advise???

exos?? pc??

02- 03 - Nsr sp 150

03- 04 - Cbr 400

03- 05- YzF R1

04- 06 - Wave R

06- 06- YZF R1

06- 07 - lancer

09- 10 - SPEC 2

http://r9.fodey.com/2066/ef9c8a3140714894a5ef47796aa9b9aa.0.gifhttp://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/teamghoul/21052006.jpg

ride safe bro...

02- 03 - Nsr sp 150

03- 04 - Cbr 400

03- 05- YzF R1

04- 06 - Wave R

06- 06- YZF R1

06- 07 - lancer

09- 10 - SPEC 2

Alright heres the picture of the broken T-rex bracket,

This is the right side slider/bracket. Part A and Part B is supposed to be welded together. You can see the rust spot which means it had been broken for quite a while. But I did dropped my bike twice though.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/mark13x/C360_2011-05-2717-07-15.jpg

By the way, the T-Rex slider will more or less rubbed against the fairing. Here is one from the right side slider where you can see the slider stem is touching the fairing. The fairing had been slightly "grinded" off at the contact part. There is also some scratches at the left side but unfortunately I was too anxious to send my bike to bikeshop for the welding than taking the photo of it.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/mark13x/C360_2011-05-2716-36-05.jpg

So roughly you have an idea of the pro and con of using the T-Rex slider. If I am not wrong, they had modified the design slightly to counter the touching issue. But you got to clarify with them. And after this incident, I seriously doubt the bracket will hold during a low slide. It your call.

your motivation slider is for gen 1 or 2..? how much u selling..?

tnx, v_speed for advise, snake for shop rec, kinwei for showing the pics. enlightened by ur elaborations. :thumb: tnx defacto for heads up.

amir the motovation sliders is gen 2 08-10. give me some time to think tru if i'm wanna let go. i see if the trex sliders can be imported successfully. :)

woohoo. busa sibeh hot sia the engine. balls on fire when trap at slow traffic yest nite. :cry: