SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Do You Wear Gear?

Guest m0nk

Do U wear gear when riding  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do U wear gear when riding

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not os heavy la 2kg.....

mine at most i think is 1.1kg or so. and it saved my life before so there's no question whether if i wear gear or not. don't care about the stares i get from others, especially those wearing triple SSS (singlet, shorts & slippers) on their souped up R1s and CBRs with half face helmet.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

not os heavy la 2kg.....

mine at most i think is 1.1kg or so. and it saved my life before so there's no question whether if i wear gear or not. don't care about the stares i get from others, especially those wearing triple SSS (singlet, shorts & slippers) on their souped up R1s and CBRs with half face helmet.

agreed! dun care abt the stares.. though i tink we get the stares cux they jealous.. we look cool wif all d gear! hahaha! btw jux bought a Forma Fly Evo boots from Regina for $180... feels great and i use it daily now.. yet to test its waterproofness.. nw i jux nd some protection for my legs.. any suggestions? other than knee pads?

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

mesh pants.

i wear shift kicker shoes, looks good and not too technical like a race boot.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

• 2 years later...

how does leather gloves work out in sg?

Honda NSR150SP: 2012-2015

Honda RVF NC35: 2015

Triumph Daytona 675: 2015-present

SYM GTS 200: 2016-present

Conquered Places: Chiang Mai, MHS, Pai, Doi Inthanon, Bangkok, Hatyai, Danok, Genting, KL, Port Dickson, Seremban, Malacca, Kluang, Mersing, Desaru

• 1 month later...

Knox leather with some "hard plastics" at the critical areas. I use them when i ride out of my neighbourhood. Makes you feel really protected.

Problem is when it rains i guess it will still "soak" some rain water. But its all good... just hang it to dry in front of a fan... just that leather smells a little funky after awhile... haa haa.. .But its something i won't go without.

Got it for $160... use it daily... worth the investment.

knox leather with some "hard plastics" at the critical areas. I use them when i ride out of my neighbourhood. Makes you feel really protected.

Problem is when it rains i guess it will still "soak" some rain water. But its all good... Just hang it to dry in front of a fan... Just that leather smells a little funky after awhile... Haa haa.. .but its something i won't go without.

Got it for $160... Use it daily... Worth the investment.

my i know where u got it??

For those who don't wear gear think about it this way. A decent mesh jacket is $150-$200. If you fall off your bike and get road rash A&E charges you $99 straightaway for turning up there. Then your t shirt will be torn from friction on the pavement. $30 there. Then see doctor to change dressing 3x $90 there. Thats already more than the price of a jacket. And with a lot of pain and suffering and MC. If you got jacket you just throw away and buy another one.

• 4 months later...

Just to share. Just went for defensive riding at BBDC and did a front wheel lock during lesson. Guess what. Front wheel lock and lost control and buang. Thank God for the gloves and knee guard.. by the way. Only travelling 20km on a 136cc bike.. so if you wanna experience accident, do it in a controk environment. At least it saves u alot of bike repairs too.

The BBDC mirror and steering cone needs repair afterwhich. Haaha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Waaa Bro Jtzx,

Thanks for earning back the PQP for us :clapping:

This is a One day course?

Haha.. yes it is. Half day course.. u get to try front wheel lock. Rear wheel lock. Countersteer . Oversteer and many more.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

• 2 weeks later...
my i know where u got it??

Woh... sorry... didn't get back to you.

Address: 541 Jurong West Avenue 1, Singapore 640541

Phone:6564 3139

I hard the shop front is closed already but he still sells it from his home. A very friendly old man named andrew.

ALso got a mesh jacket from him with knox pads.

The gloves are just great... still wearing them and its holding it up. Been caught in a few rain. Works great... but will be soak...

Haha.. yes it is. Half day course.. u get to try front wheel lock. Rear wheel lock. Countersteer . Oversteer and many more.

Hmm... SSDC only lets u do rear lock... want to try front lock... rear lock when cycling already had alot of practise... haa haa :p front lock is the one always crash when on a bicycle... but still able to jump last time... now with motorcycle... different ballgame... Its only half day?

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm... SSDC only lets u do rear lock... want to try front lock... rear lock when cycling already had alot of practise... haa haa :p front lock is the one always crash when on a bicycle... but still able to jump last time... now with motorcycle... different ballgame... Its only half day?

Yup half day nia... but very fun

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

• 1 year later...