SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

A short review on the Gilera Nexus 300ie

Running_Man

The trip meter is there for a reason. The next time you top up, divide the trip meter with the top up fuel capacity.

That should be the most accurate. Congrats if it's still 28km/l.

Also don't be like super4hundred blur blur. Use mean calculation. He thought his nexus 300 35km/l. LOL

EH EH that time still just got bike so first time knowing...ya la just see digital meter i thought can trust but not that accurate...now its around 23-25km/L comfirm already top up 4 times already petrol

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my 1 tank for 350km thereabouts ..never really drill into absolutes but i think this is pretty good for me..i have a heavy wrist sometime.

1 question, should i use mineral EO or semi syn for 1st EO change? My gut feel votes mineral...but welcome your opinions.

ok lah. fuel tank about 15liters. 350 / 15 about 23km/l.

quite normal la. Reading your post, I realised I've probably been topping up too early! :lol:

Well guess what guys. Last night was the highest mileage I've gotten per full tank.

27.2km to a liter.

So apologies mr kang2. I think your 28km to a liter is probably achievable. :lol:

:thumb: a lot of factors contribute to fuel consumption..

We are here to share our experience:cheers:

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H9GhZqzA4U

hi guys.. need ur advise. thinking of upgrading my x1r for the nexus300.. reason for upgrading is bcos i need something a little faster than my current ride and a little more 'boot' space. is it safe to say that the nexus can cruise ard 120km/h wout breaking a sweat? i dont intend to ride fast i normally ride ard the speed limits but will welcome that xtra power n speed.. is it expensive to fix a top box for this bike?

also i have been looking at the the 300cc maxi scoots e.g the kymco xciting 300r and the sym joymax 300..

the sym is cheaper than the nexus but the kyms(front dual discs) are abit more ex..

btw, i saw the limited edn italian flag paintwork very nice.. im not pro-italian bcos their WC team sux! hehehe

thnks in advance for ur views...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/joe1981/DSC00827.jpg?t=1243417881

hi guys.. need ur advise. thinking of upgrading my x1r for the nexus300.. reason for upgrading is bcos i need something a little faster than my current ride and a little more 'boot' space. is it safe to say that the nexus can cruise ard 120km/h wout breaking a sweat? i dont intend to ride fast i normally ride ard the speed limits but will welcome that xtra power n speed.. is it expensive to fix a top box for this bike?

also i have been looking at the the 300cc maxi scoots e.g the kymco xciting 300r and the sym joymax 300..

the sym is cheaper than the nexus but the kyms(front dual discs) are abit more ex..

btw, i saw the limited edn italian flag paintwork very nice.. im not pro-italian bcos their WC team sux! hehehe

Go for JoyMax 300i EVO !

You will have no regrets!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6572919#post6572919

Hey guys do you get a crackling sound at the pipe when you park? I keep getting it not really sure what it is

how old is your bike? new exhaust, will have cracking sound because of expansion and contraction.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

Nexus 300 can hit 120km easily. Nothing against Taiwanese bikes but depreciation is much much higher, in Singapore at least. You may have trouble selling those bikes in future.

Nexus 300 can hit 120km easily. Nothing against Taiwanese bikes but depreciation is much much higher, in Singapore at least. You may have trouble selling those bikes in future.

That was what most ppl thought all along. The fact is that, it is not true. I had bought a GTS (registered OCt2006) at $3k. Sold it for $2.5k after 1 yr. My depreciation is $500. I dont have problem selling my GTS200. I sold it within 3 days. It all depends how you sell it, where you sell it and who you sell it.

The demand especially for SYM is growing.

Srry perhaps I should not be in this threat in the 1st place. I will leave now at once.

Hope I didnt offend anyone here.

Edited by Tyson-

That was what most ppl thought all along. The fact is that, it is not true. I had bought a GTS (registered OCt2006) at $3k. Sold it for $2.5k after 1 yr. My depreciation is $500. I dont have problem selling my GTS200. I sold it within 3 days. It all depends how you sell it, where you sell it and who you sell it.

Srry perhaps I should not be in this threat in the 1st place. I will leave now at once.

Haha no worries la. Just sharing info. All bikers anyway. But for bikes, I trust Japanese and Italian more. Not an expert with taiwan maxi scoots but I heard reliability is an issue.

Hey bro I assume the gts u bought is a used one. So depriciation will not be as bad compared to the guys who bought new. I understand that scooters hae not much resale value.. The thing is how much it depricate for the 1st owner. Just like buying cars.. Well it's just my view, appreciate urs too. No offnce to anybody, we are all riders here. Just need advise on which make I'm gonna get. Must weigh the pros n cons. Cheers :) Frankly speaking I think the Japanese and Italian make bikes have better built quality but the Taiwanese bikes are more competitive in pricing. Xcept for kymco near 11k mark..

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/joe1981/DSC00827.jpg?t=1243417881

Hey bro I assume the gts u bought is a used one. So depriciation will not be as bad compared to the guys who bought new. I understand that scooters hae not much resale value.. The thing is how much it depricate for the 1st owner. Just like buying cars.. Well it's just my view, appreciate urs too. No offnce to anybody, we are all riders here. Just need advise on which make I'm gonna get. Must weigh the pros n cons. Cheers :) Frankly speaking I think the Japanese and Italian make bikes have better built quality but the Taiwanese bikes are more competitive in pricing. Xcept for kymco near 11k mark..

Brand new bike regardless of its brand/make and model, will definately have a higher deprciation value as compare to old bike. This is not only apply to Taiwaness bikes, but all bikes including Japen bikes and Euro bikes. Again, it all depends on who you sell it to, where you sell it and how you sell it.

Brand new bike regardless of its brand/make and model, will definately have a higher deprciation value as compare to old bike. This is not only apply to Taiwaness bikes, but all bikes including Japen bikes and Euro bikes. Again, it all depends on who you sell it to, where you sell it and how you sell it.

Heh, no offence bro, but this normally applies to class 2 sports bikes. Also for Taiwanese scoots, brand new straight out of the door, depreciation at least 20% - 40%.

Try trading in a brand new one to the bike shop the 2nd day you bought it.

But for the trend of Runners, Silverwings, Tmax, etc the value is fairly consistent. I say fairly because condition of bike plays a part as well.

Shouldnt we be discussing about nexus and how to enjoy this baby thoroughly? How did the depreciation part and taiwan bikes come about? LOL

I concur with running man, a bare minimum of 20% applies, guess to every form of purchase, especially automobile. don't need to push back next day, you sign dotted line in the morning, push back evening same day, dealer also tell you same rate..haha This is business.

Buy at each's comfort, big or small biker, what ever make or country, as long don't give me attitude on the road are good bikers...hahha