SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda PCX

EIDTSH

Hi all , me still can't decide which bike to buy , PCX or Gilera Runner ST 200 is in my list

I like the PCX advance technology with low fuel comsumption from the Honda but the "pick up" and top speed power is the only reason which hold me back , I belive that Honda really make good engines in motorbikes and cars . Left 2 weeks to make up my mind before I head down to ASP .. Btw this is the first time I'm getting a scooter , I been riding Ktm dirtbike and now looking for more relax scooter ..

I think there's no issue with the pickup of pcx from 0-70/80. The only problem is the top speed. Max is ard 118 like bros here manage to clock. Also it has a big underseat storage capable to hold a full face helmet.

If cos, runner has a better speed. It all boils down to what u need, fuel consumption or higher speed.

If interested can consider my bike, which I'm putting up for sale, as mentioned above.

Former rides:

HONDA SP (FP4733L) - CAGIVA MITO (FS7923U) - GILERA RUNNER (FS6524U) - HONDA SHADOW (FP5522Y) - HONDA PCX (FBF3971Y) - HONDA CB400 VTEC 1 (FS2994Y) - YAMAHA FZ1S (FBA5057A) - HONDA CBR400RR-R (FQ6676A)

Current ride:

Dec 2013-Present: Kia Picanto (M)

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm....if you buy PCX for its fuel saving feature, I dont understand why do you want to do engine mod at the sacrifice of the FC? If you want quicker pace scooter, isnt it easier to get those 200cc and above scooter instead? At the minimum level, they are purpose built for pickup and mid range acceleration.

J.Costa is available at A.C.Motor!!!

1993 TZR125, 1994 RGV125, 1995 STEED, 1996 PGM 4, 1997 HERITAGE SOFTAIL NOSTALGIA, 1999 SKIPPER, 2000 YAMAHA R1, 2003 HONDA SP2, 2008 SDR 200, 2009 Ducati 1098, 2010 Tmax500 :angel:

My previous bike is Gilera and had downgrade to pcx125. No regret even the speed and power is less but the safety and fuel economy outweighs the power for me

Yeah. Thats why i got pcx for. Anyway i just dont understand why riders are modding up their kup chai or 125cc for power. Then coming back to complain of poor fc. Some eventually also sold their ride for bigger tank size bike as they gre tired of topping up petrol for every two days.

I went too low in a left corner last night and struck a kerb. Luckily only my main stand's base dented and scratched, no other physical damage.

But my idling stop function is being funny now. -_-

It doesn't cut most of the time when I am stationary, i do hope it's not the knock that made it cranky but... any ideas what's wrong?

Signature editted as unauthorised commercial advertising. Please contact Senior Moderator/Admin for more advertising details

I went too low in a left corner last night and struck a kerb. Luckily only my main stand's base dented and scratched, no other physical damage.

But my idling stop function is being funny now. -_-

It doesn't cut most of the time when I am stationary, i do hope it's not the knock that made it cranky but... any ideas what's wrong?

wtf la... went to boon siew on sat... told me need to park my bike there for 3 days to do diagnostics, per hour $80 capped at $320...

just to check the electrics??

I'm not even driving a benz.......

Signature editted as unauthorised commercial advertising. Please contact Senior Moderator/Admin for more advertising details

wtf la... went to boon siew on sat... told me need to park my bike there for 3 days to do diagnostics, per hour $80 capped at $320...

just to check the electrics??

I'm not even driving a benz.......

So did u park ur pcx there bro??

Former rides:

HONDA SP (FP4733L) - CAGIVA MITO (FS7923U) - GILERA RUNNER (FS6524U) - HONDA SHADOW (FP5522Y) - HONDA PCX (FBF3971Y) - HONDA CB400 VTEC 1 (FS2994Y) - YAMAHA FZ1S (FBA5057A) - HONDA CBR400RR-R (FQ6676A)

Current ride:

Haa... F honda and their $320...

I solved the problem with a little bit of brain power, fiddling under the seat and with some black tape...

Note that when you're changing your seat, there's a switch at the hinge. The seat will cause the contact to depress and close the connection to the system for the idling stop to activate. When you change your seat, the new seat might not be able to depress this contact and thus the idling system will "fail".

To solve this, use black tape to "force" the contact point to close.

Otherwise, the switch is connected by 2 contact wires under the hinge. Make sure to connect these back also when you change a new seat. If not I'm also figuring it is possible to take these 2 wires out and connect them directly together to bypass the switch.

Hope this helps whoever is thinking of changing seats.

siao la... no.... I'm going to break more things before I bring myself to park there... -_-

LOL din know BS charge so much. anyway i changed my seats before, but luckily to such issue.

Btw is there any wider tyres for the PCX ? Stock sizes is 90/90/14 (front) and 100/90/14 (rear) .

And where can I find this kind of handler bar ? http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=219450081409026&set=a.219449704742397.57089.219444091409625&type=3 Thanks

i managed to change my rear tyre to 120/70/14. check with the thais, original rims can go up to 140/70/14 but local mech dun dare to go that far. unless you change rims.

Former rides:

Current ride:

Hi guys anyone of u know where i can custom fit these side boxes as shown in the picture?\

http://modificationmotorcycle99.blog...minimalis.html

Thank You

cant really access the link, maybe sth's wrong with my computer. nonetheless i believe it's the one wingyap is selling. can check out with wingyap.

Former rides:

Current ride: