SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda PCX

EIDTSH

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for sharing doremi! =) wonderful journey...btw. what are stock tires? sorry, i am new to this...just got a second hand pcx and wanna be sure that my tires are ok...how many km before need to change?

I didnt notice the brand. The tires that came with the bike since day 1 has been used for 9000km already. From the look of the marking on the rear tire, looks like it can go for another 1500km. The rear will wear out faster than the front because its heavier behind.

However if i can find a pair of stock tires that has low mileage, i will take it!

Back from Penang Hatyai 4 days 3 nights!

With a pillion, luggages and weight etc

Cruise at 90kph and still managed to clock 230km full tank.

The fc dropped to 35km per litre when i maintained 100kph. Full tank ard 200-210km.

I checked the engine oil during the ride to penang. It doesnt eat engine oil much and I didnt have to top up any. I changed the engine oil at hatyai before heading back. Cleared 1000km in a day, only short 10 mins break at each petrol stop. The bike is amazing! No problem! No overheat!

It Survived the 2000km ride!

Wow, You really the can man. The furthest I ride is to Malacca only.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PCX kakis, I got 2 items for sale..

Both items is in very new condition! Used for 2 weeks only!

I rate it 9.8/10.

Aftermarket Seats- Black and Gold color! Easy to install!

http://img.tapatalk.com/cb74fbed-2731-3ee7.jpg

Selling for $80! (New set @$128) Self collect at Marsiling.

Engine protector cover- Beige color.

Easy to install!

http://img.tapatalk.com/cb74fbed-27db-0a6f.jpg

Selling for $20! (New set @ $38)

Interested kaki's pls contact me at 91013261 for fast deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

http://photos-397.friendster.com/e1/photos/79/39/11409397/1_157036238l.jpg

(2003-2003) Honda NSR FS7829J,(2003-2004) Yamaha 125Z FX2461?,(2004-2006) Honda S4 Ver-S FN9046P,(2006-2007) Gilera VXR'05 AZ1199E,(2007-2007) Yamaha Spark135 FBA79U,(2007-2008) Suzuki DRZ-SM FZ3247C,(2008-2010) Gilera VXR'06,(2010-201?) Mazda2 SP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I got the bike for 1 month now. Previously riding Kawasaki KRR.

Pro:

- comfortable riding, quiet engine

- plenty of storage, even better with a box. (I got a customized side box and rear box)

- power-wise, caters for low and mid range

- good accel till about 80kmh then pickup is slow

- from red light, able to break away from traffic easily for a comfortable lead

- there is aftermarket parts to boost style and performance

- enough for daily commuting in style

Cons:

- rear suspension is pretty soft when you have a pillion

- can't expect much from a 125cc

Haiz... I alittle bit regret buying the PCX... change from a monster X9 amalfi to this one... not enough power...

Any ideas how to make this PCX into a monster legally in singapore?

Signature editted as unauthorised commercial advertising. Please contact Senior Moderator/Admin for more advertising details

I have done a little research but am by no means an expert.

The variator does have a hexagonal appearance as you can see from this picture of one on my desk.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/mikerust/Variator/PA300598.jpg

The shape does appear to restrict the movement but the ramp shape may compensate for that. The only way to tell for sure would be to see if the wear on your pulleys goes all the way to the outside. I don't have a PCX of my own.

The ECU has an 8000 rpm rev limiter. But Vespas have rev limiters as well, so nothing unusual there. Don't forget the PCX has a 2-valve head so is not designed as a high rev unit. Yes the ECU maybe set up for economy rather than performance but I do not know of any "restriction" other than the revs. I have read on a Spanish forum that someone used an I-Map, which raises the rpm limit amongst other things, but has been unable so far to get more than 2 or 3 kph increase in speed over stock.

Standard PCX has a theoretical max. of about 122kph using a formula I found on the web.

J Costa gets 116kph (real) on their dyno.

On a standard PCX the key is to get the engine to rev to 6000 rpm on acceleration, which is where maximum torque is produced. Between 0 and say 75kph (real) about 80-ish on the speedo, above that the variator can do no more and it is up to the engine. J Costa does drop the revs off a bit at lower throttle as that is to raise the gearing for cruising. No one wants to ride around all day at a minimum of 6000!

All I know from Xavier, at J Costa, is that they arrived at their design and configuration on one of their dynos (which they also manufacture) to give the best compromise for road use.

How do you know which revs you're at when there's no tachometer on the PCX?

Signature editted as unauthorised commercial advertising. Please contact Senior Moderator/Admin for more advertising details

Haiz... I alittle bit regret buying the PCX... change from a monster X9 amalfi to this one... not enough power...

Any ideas how to make this PCX into a monster legally in singapore?

Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure what is the best way to make it to a monster but I'm sure some scooter workshops will be able to give you some pointers. Eg, change the slider weights, plug and go kits, voltage stabilizers just to name a few.

There is also J costa variator. That has also made me curious.

There is Malossi Variator for the PCX... definitely increase the performance of the pick up, acceleration and the top speed. They never failed for the runner..... very good product. Let me know if you guys are interested. :D cheers!

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/ScooterNarcotics/543672_382788441759549_183858111652584_1021489_1466028451_n.jpg

Full servicing, Custom Jobs, Motorcycle/Scooter Check, Modifications & Paintjobs at the MOST competitive rate. 10 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-03

Call 86878551

There is Malossi Variator for the PCX... definitely increase the performance of the pick up, acceleration and the top speed. They never failed for the runner..... very good product. Let me know if you guys are interested. :D cheers!

Im interested. do let me know price with installation. thanks

Btw there is something i need to ask, for my PCX, sometimes when i closed throttle, and let it roll, there is some vibrating sound coming below my seat, like from engine area. like grrr grrrr sound, any of you face this issue. worried that something might be loose. Think all the way got this issue

Just that the sound got more frequent. only at low speed. Please share if you guys know the problem. thanks

Btw there is something i need to ask, for my PCX, sometimes when i closed throttle, and let it roll, there is some vibrating sound coming below my seat, like from engine area. like grrr grrrr sound, any of you face this issue. worried that something might be loose. Think all the way got this issue

Just that the sound got more frequent. only at low speed. Please share if you guys know the problem. thanks

ok... changed the variator and rollers, chrome air box with Hi performance filter... managed to squeeze it to 118 km/h, acceleration has improved, 0-60 instantaneous but power plateaus after that...

waiting for the street yoshi, ordered a CDI... but considering to buy a 160cc racing block...

hmm, if don't buy the block then I'll do a remapping after the yoshi... but the block sounds juicy :D

ok... changed the variator and rollers, chrome air box with Hi performance filter... managed to squeeze it to 118 km/h, acceleration has improved, 0-60 instantaneous but power plateaus after that...

waiting for the street yoshi, ordered a CDI... but considering to buy a 160cc racing block...

hmm, if don't buy the block then I'll do a remapping after the yoshi... but the block sounds juicy :D

Bro care to share where you get it done, im interested. and the 160cc. Thanks

interested in the 160cc block upgraded too bro. care to pm me the details?

Former rides:

HONDA SP (FP4733L) - CAGIVA MITO (FS7923U) - GILERA RUNNER (FS6524U) - HONDA SHADOW (FP5522Y) - HONDA PCX (FBF3971Y) - HONDA CB400 VTEC 1 (FS2994Y) - YAMAHA FZ1S (FBA5057A) - HONDA CBR400RR-R (FQ6676A)

Current ride:

Dec 2013-Present: Kia Picanto (M)

online can't remember which site u gotta search mate.

Checked with WYM they currently don't have that block for PCX.

online can't remember which site u gotta search mate.

Checked with WYM they currently don't have that block for PCX.

As the vehicle population for the Honda PCX is increasing. I understand that some of you here who are owners of this 4 stroke scooter are experiencing very low power and acceleration. We have currently ordered 2O sets of Multivar 2000 variators for your ride and this will come along with better torque and acceleration for your automatic cruiser. If any of you are interested and do not mind making any pre-orders for this BASIC upgrade, please do not hesitate to PM me your details or you can also head down to my workshop address. Cheers! Prices will not be entertained here...so pm or call! Limited pieces only, register your interest now to prevent any disappointment. Cheers~!

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/ScooterNarcotics/543672_382788441759549_183858111652584_1021489_1466028451_n.jpg

Full servicing, Custom Jobs, Motorcycle/Scooter Check, Modifications & Paintjobs at the MOST competitive rate. 10 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-03

Call 86878551

Former rides:

HONDA SP (FP4733L) - CAGIVA MITO (FS7923U) - GILERA RUNNER (FS6524U) - HONDA SHADOW (FP5522Y) - HONDA PCX (FBF3971Y) - HONDA CB400 VTEC 1 (FS2994Y) - YAMAHA FZ1S (FBA5057A) - HONDA CBR400RR-R (FQ6676A)

Current ride:

Dec 2013-Present: Kia Picanto (M)

Hi all , me still can't decide which bike to buy , PCX or Gilera Runner ST 200 is in my list

I like the PCX advance technology with low fuel comsumption from the Honda but the "pick up" and top speed power is the only reason which hold me back , I belive that Honda really make good engines in motorbikes and cars . Left 2 weeks to make up my mind before I head down to ASP .. Btw this is the first time I'm getting a scooter , I been riding Ktm dirtbike and now looking for more relax scooter ..