SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda PCX

EIDTSH

This is from my latest receipt:

Oil Service with Safety Check @ $26

Castrol Activ 20W-40 @ $9.80

Complimentary Bike Wash @ FOC

Plus 7% GST

This is the standard service and charges everytime you go for service.

I changed my spark plug lately to NGK at Boon Siew @ $13 and they gave 10% discount, so only $11.70 without GST yet.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi rizzzou,

Thanks for the info. Think I'll also go back to BS for the servicing.

Not many PCX riders out there. I only saw one white PCX near my neighbourhood before. Have you seen any?

Regards,

Kim

This is from my latest receipt:

Oil Service with Safety Check @ $26

Castrol Activ 20W-40 @ $9.80

Complimentary Bike Wash @ FOC

Plus 7% GST

This is the standard service and charges everytime you go for service.

I changed my spark plug lately to NGK at Boon Siew @ $13 and they gave 10% discount, so only $11.70 without GST yet.

I've seen quite a few PCX lately.

Sometimes on the road, bikers beside me will keep looking at my PCX wondering why my engine died and then alive back when moving off. LOL! Some of them asked me how much is the bike and say its nice coz never see before.

How often I service depends on how many km of distance I have gone. The warranty card stated how much km reached then u go for service.

I havent put on any box yet. Don't put the box that BS is fixing as it's ugly and by the brand name called Shad.

I've checked out Coocase by Chiap Lee and it looks cool on PCX with remote control security.

I've put a Kappa box already. Too bad didn't wait. But needed the storage to carry loads of stuff (raincoat, slippers, extra helmet...) but when I think of it now, I'd not put the box as it spoils the PCX curves and lines :)

I'm thinking of servicing the bike early, first oil change @ 500km. Not sure if it's worth it though.

Sent from Tapatalk

Hi just like to find out how much mileage could you get on a full tank.

I'm on my third tank. The first 2 full tank got me to ~260km each, riding at 60km/h - 80km/h. Idling stop is off most of the time.

Quite curious for what others are getting for their FC too. Others care to share?

Sent from Tapatalk

With idling stop, you can actually start to pump at 280km.

Full tank at 6.2litres. 1 litres at 48km.

With this calculation, you can get 297.7km for full tank.

But of course don't wait till empty to pump.

Start to pump at 280km.

if you go at 90-100, you can pump at 270km with idling stop. I tried before of course.

Cheers~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I pump when the fuel gauge is blinking and my tripmeter will be at around 250-260. Don't dare to push the limits and Caltex station location is limited in SG. Hahaha!

Also to add on. For efi vehicle, it's better to start refueling when teh reserve light starts blinking.

EFI vehicle uses fuel pump for presurizing the injectors. They do get hot. The cooling comes from the fuel. (PCX's fuel pressure pump is in the fuel tank)

Your fuel tank will not explode when it gets hot. but the life span will be shorten.

Just sharing:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
My 9 month pcx died on me at traffic light junction. Battery flat and was told it is not cover under warranty. Hiaz

Bro, battery are consumable and they are not covered under warranty. If you bought it brand new from shop, maybe got chance to change.

Feel like downgrade spec1 to pcx man! Hassle free and easy maintain rite? Heng motor from toh guan quote me $8.5k otr but stock tyre is using irc which I dun trust..

Btw how many EO and plug needed? need transmission oil and oil filter? Road tax is $32/$40 ah?

Many thanks :)

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

My PCX also died on me twice before. Battery problem also. First time tow to shop to recharged. Second time died again so no choice but to change battery. Battery not covered under warranty.

Road tax per year is $64. Need 1 spark plug only and 1 Engine Oil only. I also bought around $9k otr with interests. Mine going 1 year soon.

thanks rizzou for your info. seem like battery issue is very common for pcx but how much to change a better battery?

anyone still using stock IRC tyre? reliable for scooter?

$9k so exp man, shop really earn $$ from interest

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)