SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Best 2A Sportsbike for me?

Kaizer

Which bike?  

329 members have voted

1. 1. Which bike?

• Honda GSX-R 400
    • Kawasaki ZXR 400
    • Aprilia RS250
    • Honda NSR250
    • Honda RVF 400
    • Honda CBR 400 Fireblade
    • Yamaha Hornet 250
    • WR,DR or XR 400
    • Pay PQP COE NOW coz COE won't drop before Oct
    • COE will drop enough by Oct, so wait

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by IceZ@Apr 27 2004, 01:20 AM

around loh...jb bah.ah hong (ah gua lane there)he can do 400cc bike...i done there b4.cant say best lah...coz not every bikeshop can do 4stroke bike especially in jb :cheeky:

no leh..malaysia mostly i see ZXR250..never see 400 b4..maybe got but should be very little...and Ah Lai at Ah gua lane told me dat he always ask his friends working as mech in SG to bring back parts for 400cc bikes..so buying in JB should be more ex den SG

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

Check out the specs of class 2a honda bikes.

For GSXR400 and zx4, I dont know...anyone got the specs?

Theoretically vfr is the fastest, followed by cbr400,, super 4, rvf and hornet250 based on max horse power. Click on link to see.

vfr400 specs 59 bhp at 12.5k rpm

cbr400 specs 59bhp at 13k rpm

cb400 specs 53bhp at 10k rpm

rvf400 specs 53bhp at 12.5k rpm

hornet250 specs 40bhp at 13k rpm

X1R for sale: Fully stock Oct 2010 mileage 20k $6.5k

haha ya lor....extreme sia. so in simple words the ground clearance can be like moto gp those pro ? :p

'R6' RedlineRocketRedesignRazor sharpRevolutionaryReward 6.

http://content.wicms.com/shared/images/YAMAHA_Common_Images/Logos/yamaha_logo_red.gif

Originally posted by Non Stop Racing@Apr 28 2004, 11:50 PM

haha ya lor....extreme sia. so in simple words the ground clearance can be like moto gp those pro ? :p

eh. not sure about that though.. moto gp those kind super high one leh the kata.

eh. wait we talking about the fairings ground clearane or the kata ground clearance?? heehee. :sweat: :sweat:

Good Game No Replay......

but normally i think those ppl use the knee as a limit rite? like touch knee means cant go ani down no more... hehe :p :P

'R6' RedlineRocketRedesignRazor sharpRevolutionaryReward 6.

http://content.wicms.com/shared/images/YAMAHA_Common_Images/Logos/yamaha_logo_red.gif

erm.. to me it they knee is to kup more ar..

like those SM (super motatd) or those scambler....

i use to ride a KTM when i put my leg out...

i can concer better

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

Originally posted by Saleman@Apr 29 2004, 03:10 AM

erm.. to me it they knee is to kup more ar..

like those SM (super motatd) or those scambler....

i use to ride a KTM when i put my leg out...

i can concer better

but here talking abt sportsbikes leh :slapforehead:

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

well, in my opinion i still support rvf coz i ride one??? keke.... well although u pay more , the resale value is quite high and the handling and cornering capbilities are SUPERB !!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Live to Ride , Ride to Live

May 2001 - Dec 2003 Kawasaki KRR150

Dec 2003 - Aug 2005 Honda RVF400

Aug 2005 - Jan 2007 Yamaha YZF-R1 2003

Feb 2007 - ?????????? Hyper Vtec Spec III

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/paulabusa/DSCF0028_edited-1.jpg

Originally posted by Terrible One@Apr 29 2004, 07:19 AM

but here talking abt sportsbikes leh :slapforehead:

come on...

the logic is the same man.....

why gp rider want to open the leg??

you can try lor..

:sian: :sian: :slapforehead: :slapforehead:

anyway that wat i think la..

cause when you put you leg out you will force the centre of gravity to change abit...

dun know how to say la..

but if you go and try you will know man...

the feelin is different....

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

Originally posted by Saleman@Apr 29 2004, 06:50 PM

come on...

the logic is the same man.....

why gp rider want to open the leg??

you can try lor..

:sian: :sian: :slapforehead: :slapforehead:

anyway that wat i think la..

cause when you put you leg out you will force the centre of gravity to change abit...

dun know how to say la..

but if you go and try you will know man...

the feelin is different....

:thumb:

Good Game No Replay......

Originally posted by xiaogary@Apr 26 2004, 06:54 PM

u will lose the same amount of money if u pay cash for all the bikes mention below, but if u pay instalment, u will loose less on a cheaper bike.

Therefore, if u got straight cash, just buy anyone depending on ur budget.

If u got straight 8-9k cash, buy rvf.

U got only 5-6k cash, buy cbr.

U got only 2-3k cash, buy gsx.

My advice to u, be prepared that after spend 1.5k to 2k do up a 1.5k gsx400, u may still get it to work like u want it to be. Of course u can still ride on it, but it may not be safe to ride fast. U might only be able to restore its 60-70%. Of course if u are lucky, u may get well maintain gsx400 around. But chances is rare.

I also intended to buy gsx400 last time, my thinking was buy at 2k repair 2k, then sell at 1k, lose 3k in a year. Or even dont sell straight away throw away after one year and lose one k more. But my mech advice me get honda bike after letting him viewed abt 10 gsx400 which almost all got suspension problem, front fork leak(common bcos inverted fork very problematic), and engine wear and tear until overhaul may be needed. He say can ride, but dangerous.

If you get rvf, u might want to consider the maintenance cost. You pay more, but the resale value is there. How good rvf is I dont know, bcos I only hear people say only. Buy 9k, do 1k, sell 7k, lose 3k. But rvf is newer, so bike should have less wear and tear. But theft rate is very high. My fren lost one. I no money to risk. Don't dare buy also. :btw: save up for class2, dont over spend on a class2A if u intend to upgrade.

If you get cbr, buy 6k, do 1k, sell 4k, also lose 3k. But you need less repair bcos honda is better known for reliability. If u suay may get poor condition one also, but repair is cheap bcos honda parts like pasam palam, very cheap. Thats why ultimately I chose cbr, I buy at 6.5k and already spend 1.2k on it to do up the parts until like new (actually can dont do, but I very fussy)

I like zx4, very nice, but I scare its parts difficult to find and little mech know how to repair. So I dont dare buy.

I went thru the same as u, actually all the same lah(if u not fussy abt bike). Bcos I am very fussy, so a gsx may not suit me, bcos my 6 years old cbr I already got so many things I find old liao and change even when not necessary, if I buy a 10 year old gsx400, I will change more things. If I buy rvf, I dun have money to change anything :lol: . I know of people of buy gsx at 2k ride one year never repair anything only change engine oil once or twice, and sell at 1.5k. Deped on how fussy u r, if u are the type who dont spend much on bikes, a gsx may serve u well enuf. But to go fast and safe, I suggest u get newer or honda bike.

That's a real good post man, thanks! :thumb:

I miss you baby:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/thekaizer/automotive/18317145062605l.jpg

*Disclaimer: Kaizer is an imaginary character and all posts are based on fiction.

The part where you said about restoring it only to a maximum of 60-70% got me thinking..

The resale etc etc all kinda works out to be the same, I would like to ask, between the RVF and the G4, which spare parts are more expensive?

Let's start with:

- Front suspensions

- Sai tao

- The whole handlebar piece

- Rims

- Fuel tank

I miss you baby:

*Disclaimer: Kaizer is an imaginary character and all posts are based on fiction.

Well i thinking buying bike is also like buying 4D...

Your never know when u STRIKE!!!

sometimes if u are lucky u can get a good and cheap bike and of coz lose less money

be it a suzuki, honda or kawa down to the point its the same so long the condition is good and the price is good and u are comfortable with it then its okie

kawa however i think parts maybe a problem

but keep in mind all these are second hand bikes... so theres no win win situation

all that depends on LUCK!

i had a msp last time

very nice but in the end i was paying too much for its SERVICES so i had to let it go....sigh....but i am quite happy with my bike now beside the installment and maintainance cost the bike is not giving me any problems!! which i feel that is one of the most impt thing!!!!!

anyway good luck and cheers!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

F4i:- 2002 model red

Originally posted by Kaizer@May 2 2004, 12:01 PM

The part where you said about restoring it only to a maximum of 60-70% got me thinking..

The resale etc etc all kinda works out to be the same, I would like to ask, between the RVF and the G4, which spare parts are more expensive?

Let's start with:

- Front suspensions

- Sai tao

- Rims

- Fuel tank

Which spare parts more ex I dont know. Bcos I dont own them.

But both are inverted fork, so front fork are both more ex than other bike's fork which are normal fork. RVF is relatively newer bike, hence should have less leaking problem and G4 is older, so the chance of front fork leaking is very much higher and its one of the common problem of gsx400. Rear suspension of gsx400 is also a common problem. I see so many gsx400, out of those majority need to change front fork seal and oil(abt below 100) and rear suspension(400+). Got some gsx400 worst, the front fork bend le, need to change the whole fork costing 1000+.

I just know that RVF need better engine oil and plugs than G4 bcos G4 is older bike just use normal semi synthetic oil can already. But RVF each plug cost 10+ bucks and engine oil is better to use fully synthetic one. Thats the advice I got when I considered RVF last time. My blackbird frens who own rvf b4 told me rvf engine oil, plugs maintenance is higher than normal 400cc bike.

For the handlebar, rims, saitao, I dun know which is more ex, but higher chance gsx need to change bcos its a older bike somemore rvf is a honda bike and younger in age.

:btw: dont consider too much on the exterior. Most importantly is the engine. Restoring a bike engine is no joke. Can cost u a bomb.

X1R for sale: Fully stock Oct 2010 mileage 20k $6.5k

Originally posted by xiaogary@Apr 28 2004, 07:06 PM

Check out the specs of class 2a honda bikes.

For GSXR400 and zx4, I dont know...anyone got the specs?

Theoretically vfr is the fastest, followed by cbr400,, super 4, rvf and hornet250 based on max horse power. Click on link to see.

vfr400 specs 59 bhp at 12.5k rpm

cbr400 specs 59bhp at 13k rpm

cb400 specs 53bhp at 10k rpm

rvf400 specs 53bhp at 12.5k rpm

hornet250 specs 40bhp at 13k rpm

no man

the strongest bike (theoretically) should be the Kawasaki ZXR400

65bhp at 13000 rpm

hehe

for sale :

rotax 122 clutch basket - very low wear, see to believe!

25 piece cdr - brand new $8

17" monitor - flickers when cold $10

castrol chain wax & chain spray - still a lot left $5

yeah.. zx4 most power.. hohoho.. rode on 1 a few days back.. damn shiok.. in terms of handling .. :thumb: outlook oso not bad.. i suppose its the biggest 400 ard? :lol: if i cant a pgm.. i will go 4 zx4.. my old dream.. :lovestruck:

http://www.dreamgate.ne.jp/nsr/Gallery/repsol%20and%20regular250.jpg

yeah.. zx4 most power.. hohoho.. rode on 1 a few days back.. damn shiok.. in terms of handling .. outlook oso not bad.. i suppose its the biggest 400 ard? if i cant a pgm.. i will go 4 zx4.. my old dream..

yah man, im tempted too... the exhaust sound, WAH LAN DUEEYYY!! can orgasm if sit long enough man! hehe, so smooth, so quiet..!

but i scared for spare parts and resale value lah... i not some rich kid you know, my mito already give me a taste of spare parts and resale problem already... once bitten, twice shy lahhh..

I miss you baby:

Aye...Older version gsxr is 59hp 12,500rpm.

Newer one is 53hp 12000rpm

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Stay_a_Hero_Campaign.jpg

Like father like son

Originally posted by Kaizer@May 2 2004, 12:01 PM

Let's start with:

- Front suspensions

- Sai tao

- Rims

- Fuel tank

haha...Rvf i should say.Coz i ever comparin the price

of the parts wif my RVF frd .U'r rite G4 is more problematic then Rvf...obviously u are compareing a Newer bike than a Old one.Yah Suzuki is less value than Honda.But it got a gd n bad point.Seller got lose $ N Buyer Gain.Aiyah...if u can afford i were offer u to buy Rvf also.G4 actualli a gd bike but muz por Heng Suay loh.If u really observe this baby u were find something special.Trust me...Riders noe well.For me...if i can choose...

1)CB400 spec2

2)RVF

3)ZX4R

4)G4

5)CBR

(no offence hor) :cheeky:

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Stay_a_Hero_Campaign.jpg

Like father like son

Originally posted by Kaizer@May 10 2004, 01:39 AM

yah man, im tempted too... the exhaust sound, WAH LAN DUEEYYY!! can orgasm if sit long enough man! hehe, so smooth, so quiet..!

but i scared for spare parts and resale value lah... i not some rich kid you know, my mito already give me a taste of spare parts and resale problem already... once bitten, twice shy lahhh..

btw bro.. a L7 model cost onli 2k+ while L8 is like 3-4k? L9 cost much more thou.. saw 1 L9 owner.. tok 2 him.. ask him the performance.. he say can catch up with TL1000.. duno real anot.. or perhaps i duno his meaning? he say his can clear meter man.. a 240 meter u imagine.. parts wise u can get superbike to find 4 u lar.. dun worry man.. as for resale value.. eg. u buy 1 rvf fp plate for 7.5k.. 2 yrs later u sell ard 5k? cbr fp plate now 5k.. 2 yrs later ard 3k? this zx u get for 3k.. 2 yrs later u sell for 1k.. i believe 1k sure got ppl take lar.. rite? btw.. fp plate coe expiring in yr 2007, so 2 yrs later coe haven expire.. by the time u will surely have enough saving to go for cls bike rite bro?

http://www.dreamgate.ne.jp/nsr/Gallery/repsol%20and%20regular250.jpg