SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Samsung Galaxy Tab...

Aie

galaxy tab users ,

do you experience frequent force close on the browser ?

n how do i speed the connection? its like lagging. now even watching youtube is a pain.

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

galaxy tab users ,

do you experience frequent force close on the browser ?

n how do i speed the connection? its like lagging. now even watching youtube is a pain.

Can solve your issues easily. Report in for kopitiam engineering session (galaxy tab version) lol.

Easier DIY explanation - you have a lot of background apps eating up CPU time constantly. That needs a bit of diagnostic tool usage, about two cups of kopi o and viola, super fast tab.

Galaxy Tab's 3G (HSPDA) connection is super fast at 6 mbps.

Excellent news. The OS upgrade will make things faster. There have been "procedures" floating around the Internet for quite some time in the Android enthusiasts' forums but since it involves some rather advanced levels of geekiness, it's best to let Samsung themselves handle it.

There will be no data loss when doing the upgrade, but it's not known right now whether they entertain ROOTED devices. I will probably keep my Rooted Froyo since it runs more or less perfectly.

Jargon - rooted = jailbroken, etc.

Reviews on that link seems good, at least 3 of them said so.

Friend who upgraded via kies said there's not much difference, pending longer term testing.

I'm also satisfied with my current Froyo 2.2, but then since when is satisfaction enough? :D

did u lose your data when u did the upgrade?

no feedback yet on this from the upgraders so far?

im so used to updating apps w/o losing data.

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

SGT external battery ops:

A number of mobile accessories stores are selling external batteries that claim to be compatible with a wide range of devices (ipod iphone nokia etc) with multiple adapters supplied out of box. The ones with useful capacity (5000 to 6000 mah) cost upwards of $120.

But... did you know you can purchase more or less any external battery pack that has a USB port? This will broaden your options for a mobile charging unit and possibly lower costs for an external battery since with the Samsung supplied cable, you do NOT need any fancypants proprietory connectors.

There is only one problem associated with external batteries - you need to check not only the capacity of the battery but the amperage (A) as well. You need a 5V / 2A power supply for rapid charging. If you have a 5V / 1A battery the Tab will be powered by the external battery but not charge itself, unless the battery were connected and the Tab is powered off (just like connecting it to a PC - PC USB ports are 100 to 500 miliamps only and is not sufficient to fully power the SGT on maximum CPU usage)

Most handphone accessories shops DO NOT know the above technical details and make false claims in hopes of securing a quick sale of a very overpriced battery pack. Therefore, know your secondary school physics :D

Theoretical external battery "capability"

The SGT's internal battery is 4000 mah

The $120 batteries sold locally are 5000 to 6000 mah and so they are sufficient for one charge.

A cheaper $60 2000 mah battery will extend your SGT's operating time by about 3 hours of video playback)

Use your credit card and mail order from Amazon or Ebay and you can get far superior battery packs with up to 11,000 mah capacity. That's up to 3 times the internal battery's capacity! Spend $120 on lousy battery for what? Some super battery packs can charge multiple devices at once and cost only.....

$27 USD

The standard Google Maps app is meant to be constantly data-linked and cannot be used to precache maps of your country of interest. To use GPS with maps without data roaming in MY you need to purchase a GPS navigation application. I suggest reading reviews on Asian GPS android map suppliers because some I tried are VERY VERY slow and useless.

For a proper GPS I can also suggest buying one of the car GPS units with pre-loaded maps (like TomTom, etc) because your touring bike can easily mount one such on-dash unit and also charge from your bike power supply too.

Galaxy tab is not exactly the easiest map to read on a bike because it's so big. I only use it as a gigantic speedometer HUD display.

i just bought a Motorola XOOM, which is another alternative to iPad and galaxy tab. you can read my review in this thread.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

SGT external battery ops:

A number of mobile accessories stores are selling external batteries that claim to be compatible with a wide range of devices (ipod iphone nokia etc) with multiple adapters supplied out of box. The ones with useful capacity (5000 to 6000 mah) cost upwards of $120.

But... did you know you can purchase more or less any external battery pack that has a USB port? This will broaden your options for a mobile charging unit and possibly lower costs for an external battery since with the Samsung supplied cable, you do NOT need any fancypants proprietory connectors.

There is only one problem associated with external batteries - you need to check not only the capacity of the battery but the amperage (A) as well. You need a 5V / 2A power supply for rapid charging. If you have a 5V / 1A battery the Tab will be powered by the external battery but not charge itself, unless the battery were connected and the Tab is powered off (just like connecting it to a PC - PC USB ports are 100 to 500 miliamps only and is not sufficient to fully power the SGT on maximum CPU usage)

Most handphone accessories shops DO NOT know the above technical details and make false claims in hopes of securing a quick sale of a very overpriced battery pack. Therefore, know your secondary school physics :D

Theoretical external battery "capability"

The SGT's internal battery is 4000 mah

The $120 batteries sold locally are 5000 to 6000 mah and so they are sufficient for one charge.

A cheaper $60 2000 mah battery will extend your SGT's operating time by about 3 hours of video playback)

Use your credit card and mail order from Amazon or Ebay and you can get far superior battery packs with up to 11,000 mah capacity. That's up to 3 times the internal battery's capacity! Spend $120 on lousy battery for what? Some super battery packs can charge multiple devices at once and cost only.....

$27 USD

wow thats i good price for a batt.

so when can meet up for kopi ? for now my tab is irritating.

n the elixir eats up my batt ....

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

What is happening to yours? Is it a hardware or software problem? Most issues I see with Android phones is too many apps installed. Now the number of apps is not a problem but some apps with malicious or poorly set up permissions will ruin system performance by constantly accessing the CPU.

When all else fails a factory reset can get you back to standard out of the box performance - can be easier than looking through a few hundred apps to see what is killing it.

The thing about Elixir is that you need to manage the refresh rate for the "control panels". Too quick a refresh and once again battery life drops.

i dun know what happening to my tab. if u said i have lots off apps , actually i only have a handful. but my batt will still keep failing on me. . n as usual , when i log in to the internet or if i want to reply to a msg eg sgbikeforum. it will freeze then it will force close. irritating

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

i have been using the sanyo external batt pack that comes with a 5v2A output.

it has been a reliable alternate source of pwr for the tab.

if anyone is keen to get one, let me know, the price is $80 if I recall correctly.

They go their own way.

i have been using the sanyo external batt pack that comes with a 5v2A output.

it has been a reliable alternate source of pwr for the tab.

if anyone is keen to get one, let me know, the price is $80 if I recall correctly.

$80 is $50 under the market rate compared to those batteries sold by Popular bookstore and many mobile accessories shops. Which retailer do you recommend for the Sanyo?

Alternatively I'm also looking for those 'universal' batteries with USB ports. Some of the riders experimenting with mini HD cameras on their bikes are using these to extend their video recording time. Source is Sim Lim Square if I recall correctly. They can be rather cheap.

Opps, my mistake, it has a 1A output, not 2A.

Here's a review.

http://jeremygohblog.com/2011/01/25/review-sanyo-eneloop-mobile-booster-kbc-l2b-5000mah-1a-output/

its a small handy size and wont leave home w/o it if its a long day without access to a pwr socket.

got it from a friend who works in sanyo, can get it for anyone else who is keen.

They go their own way.

Ahh, an Eneloop. They are very good :3

If you use your tab as a video / web surfing platform or have high data consumption per day, then the external battery is a must-have. Here's one advantage of an Android tablet over a netbook - you can hook up external batteries to it. Although, the most recent of netbooks have up to 10 hours battery life.... because they have a slow Atom processor. Won't get 10 hours if you crank up screen brightness and hook up any sort of USB device.

@CMYRS - nice blog - have you ever come across any MicroSD to SD adapter? I mean, connect a SD card to the Tab using its microSD port, the reverse of what is usually done :) Currently I use SD card adapters to shoot photos then transfer the pics to the Tab using the microsd inside the adapter but it'll be nice to hook up full size SD cards to the Tab for pure netbook-bashing glory :)

that was not my blog btw, just something that gives potential users what they can get for $80.

if u like to transfer pics to your tab using SD cards, y not get SD cards then can detach the micro portion from the full SD card? isnt it easier than carrying an extra convertor?

energiser has 18,000mah ext. batt packs for laptops now, dont pray pray. :)

They go their own way.