SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Carburetor

Superturismo

who is gd in servicing carb!!!? how many km need to service or re-syncho?

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today i went to unique to service my carb. in the end changed the small small thing, and the rubber thing. total damage is $240 + i buy a bottle of scottoiler refill. can feel the different. no choice. cannot play play when it comes to your carb right?

GD job in maintaining your carb. That way you'll have gd FC and throttle response as well as optimum riding experience.

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll definitely recommend going to planet for carb servicing. 2 weeks ago i felt my spec2 was very weak and throttle not responsive. felt like its always trying to climb up steep slope. decided to go planet to take a look. the tall and thin mechanic (i dunno his name) was the 1 doing it.

in the end replaced 4 needle and 2 main jet things. not sure what are they. 1 of the needle is already broken. and apparently previous owner changed them before. 2 needle was "35" and the other 2 was "38". the mechanic changed all 4 needles to "38". and the 2 main jet was changed from "102" to "105". Also replaced some torn o-rings, and did a cleaning and tuning of carb. Total cost $230

True enough to what the mech said, the bike is really strong now, very good throttle response. I didnt really care about the price, whats important is the worksmanship and end result! Definitely a 5 star job!! Highly recommended!! shiok shiok!

on a side note. the 300km clocked after this servicing gave me a FC of 22.95km/L. need to monitor further =D

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l251/tanjianhua/DSCF6311.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l251/tanjianhua/DSCF6312.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys just I just got a Vtec 3 and I am very happy(my first 2A bike). However there's something bothering me. My idling does not seem very stable. I can understand from a cold start the idling might not be so smooth. And true enough once the engine heats up the idling seems a lot more constant and smooth. However at low rev just above idle the engine seems to be "pulsating" if you know what I am talking about. I can hear the engine seems to be going up and down and I can feel the vibration not being constant. It's very noticeable, and it sounds like the engine is going to stall yet it's not. This happends around 1500 to 2000rpm. So on 2nd gear for example in a carpark looking for parking space at low speed, my bike would keep jerking.

Anybody have any idea if this is normal or is there a problem with the carbs tuning or sync?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, im riding a VerS. I feel my bike very sluggish and throttle response poor i.e. I need to throttle hard to get bike to speed up or pick up when starting from stop position. Any idea how i can rectify this?

Ive done my carbs when i bought it in 2009 April : Service $60, carb joint x4 $48, needle valve x4 $60.

Ive read somewhere recently that a company is providing clear carbon service for bikes/car so am also considering wherether that can help with my bike prob too. any opinions on this?

I occasionally go sumwere ulu 2-3 weeks once to clear my pipe by full throttle in Neutral gear to clear carbon. Is it okay todo that? Im just worried i may damage bike in throttling full in Neutral gear.

Thanks for ur kind replies!

Bro family guy, you can try to do grounding. It will improve your throttle response. Well, it did for mine. For pick up, can change to a bigger sprockets. Check out the chains thread for specific sizes. High revving ur bike for a few seconds is ok. It's like sprinting bro. Our body can't sprint for a full minute right. And also can do valve clearances.

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

Bro family guy, you can try to do grounding. It will improve your throttle response. Well, it did for mine. For pick up, can change to a bigger sprockets. Check out the chains thread for specific sizes. High revving ur bike for a few seconds is ok. It's like sprinting bro. Our body can't sprint for a full minute right. And also can do valve clearances.

bro our body can sprint for full minute! tested and proven in ARMY.... the 60 seconds sprint and 120sec rest.. :p

icic...grounding- is it done by Ah Pek aka William with that meter thingy under ur seat? and bro what bout valve clearances? how do u do that?

Bro.. Hw much does it cost for grounding n which bike shop do u recommend?.

icic...grounding- is it done by Ah Pek aka William with that meter thingy under ur seat? and bro what bout valve clearances? how do u do that?

Yes. Ah Pek does grounding and some my friends are using his grounding. You can PM him but I think he's on holiday leh for now that's why so silent.. hehe. However you can also try other brands like the raizin and revtec. For valve clearances, if you know how to strip your bike engine components and put it back together, then only you can do the clearances. Otherwise, bikeshop is the best solution. You can read about valve clearances at this thread http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/321739-Valve-Clearances-when-to-do. (I dunno how to do hyperlink. lol!)

Edited by Rider Saje

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

Bro.. Hw much does it cost for grounding n which bike shop do u recommend?.

Well, go find ah pek. His is cheaper and reviews are good. A couple of my friends are using his grounding. But just to let you know you can also get from bikeshops. Personally, I'm on Raizin voltage stabiliser plus grounding and I got it from Unique. I spent 138 altogether.

Yes. Ah Pek does grounding and some my friends are using his grounding. You can PM me but I think he's on holiday leh for now that's why so silent.. hehe. However you can also try other brands like the raizin and revtec. For valve clearances, if you know how to strip your bike engine components and put it back together, then only you can do the clearances. Otherwise, bikeshop is the best solution. You can read about valve clearances at this thread http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/321739-Valve-Clearances-when-to-do. (I dunno how to do hyperlink. lol!)

ah yesyes i rem now...AhPek mentioned he gg short holiday this period when called him the other day... btw, grounding will increase ur FC is it?

ah yesyes i rem now...AhPek mentioned he gg short holiday this period when called him the other day... btw, grounding will increase ur FC is it?

Only if you whack harder because the response is better. lol!