SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

My 2B journey.

Veil

Hi any P plates bros can give me advice.

Currently at 6.1 sub. Failed second time due to fail to check junction n stop before left turn.Plus one zebra cross got car blocking cannot see ppl gg cross.Second time instructor mentioned i change lane abruptly..i think is nvr speed up enuf before changing lane.

Anyway my TP is on 15 june as mentioned prev.I dont know how i should go abt doing sp in between 6.1 to 8.1.

My next try for 6.1 is on wed night.Any bros can tell me how i should go about booking sp if lets say i pass my 6.1 alr.

Thx alot. T-T Fear of 7.1 and 8.1 right now..not tp but e next few subs..

A bit stressed out cos 6.1 fail 2 times..later 7.1 n 8.1 how.

Well sad to mention..my budget plan failed..exceeded too much by what i planned to go with.But anyway not gonna bother bout the $ right now.Need to focus on passing all subs + TP most impt.

1.) Bro, it seems deceptively easier to ride on public rds but the thrills n excitements can unknowingly caused u to forget ur basics. Visual checks muz b done 1st, then ur body starts to react, lastly ur body actions moves the bike. N the whole process repeats countless times thru the whole ride. B more patient than usual. B more cool than usual. Dun follow/tailgate too close n ride conservatively in a safe n controllable speed.

2.) Bro, u can do 1-2 SP before a prac but ask urslf these, "Wat m i doin tis SP for?" "Wat fault/s do i aim to nail today?" "Do i, by nw, knw my standard n can judge myslf honestly?" "M i aware of the thoughts tat goes thru my mind when riding?" Askin n answerin these ques helps to snub ur fears n grow n reinforce ur confidence.

3.) Can feel the bloody stress right? Haha! Bro, pls remember tat the intial stages of any courses, subjects or classes SUCKS! But the fun part of it comes when u r suddenly "AWAKEN" n realised tat u haf ardy got it inside u liao. Then u wil go, "Ohhhh, so tats wat makes it work!" Go watch those old school kungfu flicks n c hw the lead actors always "wake up" n wins when kena bashed big time.

Edited by Veil

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*twiddlng thumbs*

feels good to know that my TP's on 15th June

so, plan is:

Clear 6.01 on 24th May

SP to train U-turn on 25th May (2 lessons) to prepare for 7.01

Clear 7.01 on 26th May

SP on 4th and 5th May

Clear 8.01 by 6th June

6th June to 14th June Each alternate day SP

LOL..epitome of KIASU-ism!!

Bro, u're more like on the supreme pinnacle of the epitome of kiasu-ism liao! Jokes aside, u've got a very nice plan!

Procurement of sufficient ammunitions(SPs) before attackin the forts(6.01-8.01) hard! Tried, tested n proven strategy since history was recorded!

Wish u success for the ''campaigns"!

haha why you all like to call bro, i'm a girl ehh very short somemore. HAHAHAH nvm la, bro thn bro. yes yes. how is RC different from SP ?

Hi Ducky, welcome again to the thread!

I wondered wat stage r u in nw? Try meetin up wif Kelena or Garrickchoww at bbdc for a drink. Im sure they got lots of stories to share wif u.

Haha, I don't wanna let the results of the upcoming TP hinge more towards luck. So what I think I can do is to practice!! i believe hardwork is the key here..

I have gone for 7 RCs and 8 SPs liao.. so abit more should'nt matter too.. it will be good since I know I'm not strong in certain areas..

but i think the lessons are abit shiong.. maybe i'll moderate abit after i cleared 8.01 bah..

Bro, u're more like on the supreme pinnacle of the epitome of kiasu-ism liao! Jokes aside, u've got a very nice plan!

Procurement of sufficient ammunitions(SPs) before attackin the forts(6.01-8.01) hard! Tried, tested n proven strategy since history was recorded!

Wish u success for the ''campaigns"!

Edited by kelena

BMW R1200GSLC 2014 (20smiles/miles)

Mini Cooper S Clubman 2011 (10smiles/miles)

Haha, I don't wanna let the results of the upcoming TP hinge more towards luck. So what I think I can do is to practice!!

I also dont wanna think about the money liao.. I have gone for 7 RCs and 8 SPs liao.. Since I know I'm not strong in certain areas..

I wanna relieve the time when I walk out of BBDC with the pass slip!! Can't wait!!

Sama sama dont really care about how mch it cost now just wanna practice n pass!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66458115@N05/

1.) Bro, it seems deceptively easier to ride on public rds but the thrills n excitements can unknowingly caused u to forget ur basics. Visual checks muz b done 1st, then ur body starts to react, lastly ur body actions moves the bike. N the whole process repeats countless times thru the whole ride. B more patient than usual. B more cool than usual. Dun follow/tailgate too close n ride conservatively in a safe n controllable speed.

2.) Bro, u can do 1-2 SP before a prac but ask urslf these, "Wat m i doin tis SP for?" "Wat fault/s do i aim to nail today?" "Do i, by nw, knw my standard n can judge myslf honestly?" "M i aware of the thoughts tat goes thru my mind when riding?" Askin n answerin these ques helps to snub ur fears n grow n reinforce ur confidence.

3.) Can feel the bloody stress right? Haha! Bro, pls remember tat the intial stages of any courses, subjects or classes SUCKS! But the fun part of it comes when u r suddenly "AWAKEN" n realised tat u haf ardy got it inside u liao. Then u wil go, "Ohhhh, so tats wat makes it work!" Go watch those old school kungfu flicks n c hw the lead actors always "wake up" n wins when kena bashed big time.

Ok bro thx for e advice :) Ya stress sia.But anyway i dont think i'm gonna sp on this wed before 6.1. Cos got no time for sp.Tues work.

So true ..friend told me "dun worry got more to fail behind! " when i told him i failed 2.2 that time lmao

Edited by garrickchoww

Kinda regret booking 15th June Tp instead of 8th june .Didn't know will chiong so fast.Left 8.1 nw.Planning to complete by next thurs or fri.

Done with defensive theory lessons.(They drain up my sleeping time like ****! )

Sp once before 7.1 and got the trick of u-turning.Passed 7.1 today..only three passed n i'm one of em! Woohoo.

But anyway...my oh my can't believe it myself ...having cashflow probs.Nvr expected that.Cos of 6.1 -.- take 3 times?!

Trying to work a way out to sp more. Some things have to be sacrificed to achieve that.

Next sp ...this coming sun.

Initial plan- Sat (Sp 2 time)

Sun (Sp 2 time) ....then 8.01 attempt.But plan cancelled due to ...yeah..the ka-ching.Still waiting for my bursary money.. T_T

Anyway TP's 15 June.And i believe currently ...alls well for me.Got to know a guy... 8june Tp.Up till nw 6.1 haven't even take.

Cheers folks.Ride safe!

Edited by garrickchoww

Hmm, in retrospect, I straight away go for 8.01.. Coming up this Tuesday.. Guess no need chiong for anymore SP, cu I've been to 12 of them till now, plus another 8 RCs.. So I guess I should be ready for 8.01 now.. Plus wedding this coming Sunday, and I need time to do my own things too..

Wish both @garrickchoww and i luck!!

BMW R1200GSLC 2014 (20smiles/miles)

Mini Cooper S Clubman 2011 (10smiles/miles)

Hmm, in retrospect, I straight away go for 8.01.. Coming up this Tuesday.. Guess no need chiong for anymore SP, cu I've been to 12 of them till now, plus another 8 RCs.. So I guess I should be ready for 8.01 now.. Plus wedding this coming Sunday, and I need time to do my own things too..

Wish both @garrickchoww and i luck!!

Power la good luck kelena !!I tues will be gg for sp at 7pm.

I trying 8.1 on wed night.And i just realize nowadays i like night riding more sia! Sp this afternoon and it felt weird!!

So far only gone for 3 sp..gonna go for 3 more before 8.1 on wed night!

Oh and today i tried booking consecutive sp on wed but there write cannot book consecutive but when i reach home i book can leh why ah i wonder.Like back to back sp session.

But anyway i've booked back to back sp before last session on wed ,8.1!! See a lot ppl fail 8.1 lol..

My personal hinge is that actually once u can pass 8.1...u got the change get ur tp alr.Cos its machiam mock test.

Edited by garrickchoww

Hi Ducky, welcome again to the thread!

I wondered wat stage r u in nw? Try meetin up wif Kelena or Garrickchoww at bbdc for a drink. Im sure they got lots of stories to share wif u.

hellooooos, i'm at 402 nowww ): cos of work and other commitments cant ride so frequently. bt i try to go twice a week though. kelena and garrickchoww so far ahead alr !!

hellooooos, i'm at 402 nowww ): cos of work and other commitments cant ride so frequently. bt i try to go twice a week though. kelena and garrickchoww so far ahead alr !!

Still can meet ma:) Which days do u norm go for lesson? I'm gg for sp/8.1 this tues N wed .Both staying from 7pm+ to end of last lesson.

My no is -81632898. Contact if u happened to be there or what yeah :)

Edited by garrickchoww

Still can meet ma:) Which days do u norm go for lesson? I'm gg for sp/8.1 this tues N wed .Both staying from 7pm+ to end of last lesson.

My no is -81632898. Contact if u happened to be there or what yeah :)

haha, anyway ! i'm going for RC then 501 this sat ! any tips or not ? i'm quite scared !

@ ducky.

Hm 5.01 huh....Thats going through test route with pillion right if i'm not wrong? :)

Well just got to show that u are confident in circuit courses n general riding good or ok.

Plank: Try not to fall,Go up with more throttle cos got pillion somemore.Meet time requirement.Grip tank hard with legs,look straight focus.

Figure 8: Just go around it and look far ..that time i did ...i went a bit slower like maybe 13 seconds? And they said it was ok.

Crank: Should not be a prob for timing.Keep more to the left before turning into crank.

E brake:Engine stall is ok .Don't go too fast or too slow.

Pylon:Try not to hit cone.

Well anyway pillion riding when stopping..ur braking distance would be more.So squeeze brakes earlier if gonna stop soon.

Er slope u got to press foot brake with a bit more force if not roll back gg.com haha.And when stop at slope will be a bit more unstable cos got pillion and uphill .Yeap think thats about all that i can comment on 5.01.

IF its nt pillion riding,then make sure all timing for different courses must hit.

:) Veil's quote: Enjoy the ride!!

Edited by garrickchoww

Well anyway i'm gg for 9am sp this sat.Most prob.But i may cancel and change timing again.

Oh btw guys i just cleared 8.01 today! Was the only one out of 6 to pass.

Zhun zhun 18 points haha.

U turn wobble =( if not 12 points alr. A bit sad why i did not take my time n u-turn..was told by instructor: ownself check n go la.

Gan chiong siao check liao faster go..tot i making right turn or what..resulted in wobble plus quite close to the line on the left alr.For that,4points wobble n 2 points for getting close to the white line i think.Was e first bike btw ! Anw end of lesson then realized ..veil gf in the same class lol..saw the familiar looking gloves and asked if she was veil's gf.Lol.