SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

My 2B journey.

Veil

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats e diff between car and fuel injected?

Carb = Carburettor, manual settings for your fuel air mix. Fuel injected = EFI, not to be confused with DFI. Same principle, cept it uses sensors and electronics for your fuel air mix which means you don't have to tune because the computer does it for you. Plus it also makes your fuel air mix programmable through the ECU.

Correct me if I'm wrong, which I think I am.

no lah, i think you were good wat. I am at 701 now also. i am also having some difficulty but from what i know, when you are at the u-turn line, i will

1) turn handleback more to the right

2) throttle more with clutch and brake play

3) grip tank

4) eye point far

easy to say though, hahaa..ok i resend you!

see if you can get it.

Class 2B: 12 Oct 2011

Eun Hee - Roadwin R125: 15 Oct 2011 -

Just realized that there are a lot of new riders here, and I hope this post can save some lives if I paste it in a place where it matters.

Like many of you here reading this thread, I am a new rider. 10 months passed, and getting ready for 2A. The message I have for you all here today is this:

Always, always wear your visor, especially on the Expressway.

Our instructors in school never talk about it. Noone discusses it. Noone seems to care about it. Even after things happen. I wonder why.

I would suggest, if there are any instructors reading this thread, Please let learner riders know the importance of putting down the visor while riding.

Yesterday on the BKE heading, I was keeping left and getting ready to filter out towards Dairy Farm Road when a piece of granite from a nearby truck flew into my helmet and cracked my visor. Not just a small crack. The visor is totalled.

The stone was as large as a contact lens case, and would have knocked me unconscious if not for the visor. Even with the visor on, I was still stunned, and almost lost control.

Luckily I managed to hang on and survive. Please wear your visors. They WILL SAVE YOUR LIVES.

Class 3 - 24 Jan 2006 - Lancer, Impreza TS, Impreza WRX

Class 2B - 28 October 2010 - SP, KRR

Class 2A - 26 March 2012 - CBR400

Class 2 - 6 June 2013 - Suzuki Hayabusa, GSX-R600

Just realized that there are a lot of new riders here, and I hope this post can save some lives if I paste it in a place where it matters.

Like many of you here reading this thread, I am a new rider. 10 months passed, and getting ready for 2A. The message I have for you all here today is this:

Always, always wear your visor, especially on the Expressway.

Our instructors in school never talk about it. Noone discusses it. Noone seems to care about it. Even after things happen. I wonder why.

I would suggest, if there are any instructors reading this thread, Please let learner riders know the importance of putting down the visor while riding.

Yesterday on the BKE heading, I was keeping left and getting ready to filter out towards Dairy Farm Road when a piece of granite from a nearby truck flew into my helmet and cracked my visor. Not just a small crack. The visor is totalled.

The stone was as large as a contact lens case, and would have knocked me unconscious if not for the visor. Even with the visor on, I was still stunned, and almost lost control.

Luckily I managed to hang on and survive. Please wear your visors. They WILL SAVE YOUR LIVES.

Haha thanks for e advise bro!

But i always see those helmets w/o visors nowadays on road...it's like e "trend" ....no offence to anyone...but most of em all older generation or those ah peks lol..i think its more convenient for them thats y...

but i always like to keep my visor down cos of dirt flying into face and sometimes sand...dust ....And what if eg raining hor ...

Anyway woah u're really fortunate man! Good thing u not like those ppl whose helm w/o visors lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66458115@N05/

@Forgestryker

@ducky

All e best for ur tp Guys ! :D Come a long way...well for u-turn right...grip tank is one main factor to stop wobble or maintain steady N actually sometimes it doesen't hurt to ask e instructors..ask them how to cope or manage u-turn even better...and tell them what u always do...let them pinpoint ur mistakes and what u shud do.Cos i asked one of e instructor bef and he gave me v good advise...smtg like a "tatic" or "method" haha some simple steps...and true enuf nw i still using the method he taught..

of cos there are diff types of method for u-turn for diff bike..like eg kup kia..ppl like one leg come down..more stable ..haha but L plate dont require to do so.

Anyway the instructor name is Aw Yong or something...Botak guy... v nice instructor... i like :) cos v friendly and good in teaching.

I think if u guys got spare cash can go def riding after passing :) wud b good.

Ps haven't got my bike yet but have been working as dispatch rider for a month.So almost everyday ride.

@timewalker: thank you for that valuable advice, definitely. I will pass on your pointer to one of the instructors, errmm, preferable on the day i get my license hahaa, i will tell them how if they pass on advice on visors, it will save lives in the future and hopefully they will incorporate that in their somehow. Thank you very much for sharing. I also plan to get myself a FF helmet and also armored jacket and pants plus gloves. I think its very important to look after ourselves even though it may not be convenient or people may "make fun". But in the end, if you fall, you suffer and worse, your loved ones will suffer with you and its not their fault.

@garrickchow: thanks for the tip! ya, i also try to thick skin and ask any instructor i come across on anything that comes to my mind if i have doubts. hahaa..yup i plan to go for the expressway orientation and def riding. what bike you gonna get? we should go for a ride once we get our bikes.

PS: how to you like "tag" users like what you did? fb-style?

Class 2B: 12 Oct 2011

Eun Hee - Roadwin R125: 15 Oct 2011 -

Haha thanks for e advise bro!

But i always see those helmets w/o visors nowadays on road...it's like e "trend" ....no offence to anyone...but most of em all older generation or those ah peks lol..i think its more convenient for them thats y...

but i always like to keep my visor down cos of dirt flying into face and sometimes sand...dust ....And what if eg raining hor ...

Anyway woah u're really fortunate man! Good thing u not like those ppl whose helm w/o visors lol.

Yeah man, I thank my lucky stars I managed to keep steady. If I went down, donno what might have happened. Visors ftw!

thank you for that valuable advice, definitely. I will pass on your pointer to one of the instructors, errmm, preferable on the day i get my license hahaa, i will tell them how if they pass on advice on visors, it will save lives in the future and hopefully they will incorporate that in their somehow. Thank you very much for sharing. I also plan to get myself a FF helmet and also armored jacket and pants plus gloves. I think its very important to look after ourselves even though it may not be convenient or people may "make fun". But in the end, if you fall, you suffer and worse, your loved ones will suffer with you and its not their fault.

Good stuff. Good luck on ur TP! Just keep cool and stable, you will surely pass. It's such an awesome feeling when u go bike shopping with your new license, and I know you will surely get high from it :) I still remember testing a TZM, a KRR and an SP before finally deciding on the SP.

Class 3 - 24 Jan 2006 - Lancer, Impreza TS, Impreza WRX

Class 2B - 28 October 2010 - SP, KRR

Class 2A - 26 March 2012 - CBR400

Class 2 - 6 June 2013 - Suzuki Hayabusa, GSX-R600

@timewalker: thank you for that valuable advice, definitely. I will pass on your pointer to one of the instructors, errmm, preferable on the day i get my license hahaa, i will tell them how if they pass on advice on visors, it will save lives in the future and hopefully they will incorporate that in their somehow. Thank you very much for sharing. I also plan to get myself a FF helmet and also armored jacket and pants plus gloves. I think its very important to look after ourselves even though it may not be convenient or people may "make fun". But in the end, if you fall, you suffer and worse, your loved ones will suffer with you and its not their fault.

@garrickchow: thanks for the tip! ya, i also try to thick skin and ask any instructor i come across on anything that comes to my mind if i have doubts. hahaa..yup i plan to go for the expressway orientation and def riding. what bike you gonna get? we should go for a ride once we get our bikes.

PS: how to you like "tag" users like what you did? fb-style?

hahaha simple la the tagging thing :)

Oh haha den good.Expressway orientation is good and fun! haha...Plan to get a Kawasaki KRR 150. Sure.... why nt ! :) haha