SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

My 2B journey.

Veil

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! So fast almost 1 year and about time for me to go back to BBDC again. Riding is so much fun! Even while on the road now i still can't believe it at times.

Wishes all road user a safe journey every day!

haha finally 1 year for you and my turn to wait. Just passed on the 16th Dec :D Lets do a meet up soon after i get my bike!

Just realized that there are a lot of new riders here, and I hope this post can save some lives if I paste it in a place where it matters.

Like many of you here reading this thread, I am a new rider. 10 months passed, and getting ready for 2A. The message I have for you all here today is this:

Always, always wear your visor, especially on the Expressway.

Our instructors in school never talk about it. Noone discusses it. Noone seems to care about it. Even after things happen. I wonder why.

I would suggest, if there are any instructors reading this thread, Please let learner riders know the importance of putting down the visor while riding.

Yesterday on the BKE heading, I was keeping left and getting ready to filter out towards Dairy Farm Road when a piece of granite from a nearby truck flew into my helmet and cracked my visor. Not just a small crack. The visor is totalled.

The stone was as large as a contact lens case, and would have knocked me unconscious if not for the visor. Even with the visor on, I was still stunned, and almost lost control.

Luckily I managed to hang on and survive. Please wear your visors. They WILL SAVE YOUR LIVES.

Looks like you've got a pretty crap helmet, visors are designed to flex, they're supposed to be bulletproof too.

Left with 6.01, 7.01 and 8.01 to go before TP in march.

What should I expect of 6.01 and 7.01? 8.01 final evaluation must be below 18pts?

6.01: Its a night riding practical. Actually not much to worry about as long as you can get up to 60+km/h on Bukit Batok Rd, remember to do your safety and blindspot checks, signal as taught and most importantly, stop at stop line.

7.01: U-turn on public rd. I still remember being tense and anxious to the extent that i flunked this prac... Pls just relax and trust yourself and your slow control skills. The more you relax, the easier it is. Don't think about the traffics, instructors or rain. Just imagine that you are now a qualified rider doing your tenth smooth u-turn today.

8.01: Final evaluation stage. Never let the "Final Evaluation Stage" header frightens you. Think of it this way, your girlfriend/boyfriend is watching you riding now so its time to show how good you are and have progressed since 1.01. Big smile all the way and be rewarded with a pass of less 18pts.

Enjoy it! Everyone will pass!

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, i am repeating my 3.01 for the second time tmr... i have this problem of placing my foot on the clutch pedal. My foot just cant do it. even if i try to, it will cramp up my shin. any help? i dont hav a prob with the right foot though

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Im in a dilemma now and hope to get some advice. I started my 2B course more than a year ago, but keep on stopping half way through cause of my NS... Now im at the stage 8.01, which is the final evaluation (and now bbdc changed it to become 1to1, which cost more!). I think my theory test expired already, so if im not wrong, i may need to retake the theory test, pass the 8.01 before I can book the TP... Besides that, my BBDC membership needs to be renew every month?! And my PDL need to be renew soon too.. All these are making me hesitate if I should just give up on the 2B license or perserve on to get it! And one main thing stopping me is one of my uncle just pass away cause of bike accident :/

Should I move on to start learning driving or finish up 2B first?

• 2 months later...
Hi everyone! Im in a dilemma now and hope to get some advice. I started my 2B course more than a year ago, but keep on stopping half way through cause of my NS... Now im at the stage 8.01, which is the final evaluation (and now bbdc changed it to become 1to1, which cost more!). I think my theory test expired already, so if im not wrong, i may need to retake the theory test, pass the 8.01 before I can book the TP... Besides that, my BBDC membership needs to be renew every month?! And my PDL need to be renew soon too.. All these are making me hesitate if I should just give up on the 2B license or perserve on to get it! And one main thing stopping me is one of my uncle just pass away cause of bike accident :/

Should I move on to start learning driving or finish up 2B first?

Don't give up because of bike accident or whatever, already give in so much might as well finish it. But then again, if it's abOut money then maybe ....it's up to you.

If can just finish it

Hi guys, i have been a silent member for the pass few years. Goona sign up for my 2b license but unsure of which school to go to. I am quite a slow learner so it would be good if the school that i enroll in have instructors that are friendly and helpful because i believe i would ask a lot of questions. So i was wondering

which school to go to. Traveling distance is not an issue for me.

• 1 month later...

I took 2B at SSDC and 2A at BBDC. Both are good, but personally, I find the instructors at SSDC friendlier and more approachable.

Class 3 - 24 Jan 2006 - Lancer, Impreza TS, Impreza WRX

Class 2B - 28 October 2010 - SP, KRR

Class 2A - 26 March 2012 - CBR400

Class 2 - 6 June 2013 - Suzuki Hayabusa, GSX-R600

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! It's so nice to be back to this thread after such a long absence. Hope everyone is progressing well for your journeys.

I failed my 2A badly on June this year so i have to wait till Sept for my second attempt but failure doesn't bother me and shouldn't bother you at all. It's not as if we have only one chance to pass our test. Waiting is a test on patience while learning and earning that patience will save our skins when we ride on roads.

So put aside all unnecessary worries and do what must be done.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone! It's so nice to be back to this thread after such a long absence. Hope everyone is progressing well for your journeys.

I failed my 2A badly on June this year so i have to wait till Sept for my second attempt but failure doesn't bother me and shouldn't bother you at all. It's not as if we have only one chance to pass our test. Waiting is a test on patience while learning and earning that patience will save our skins when we ride on roads.

Hey Veil! Good luck for your test!

I passed mine..and if I can, so can you!!

BMW R1200GSLC 2014 (20smiles/miles)

Mini Cooper S Clubman 2011 (10smiles/miles)

Good things sometimes take time ;) It's now September. How'd it go?

• 4 weeks later...

Same advice for both PS and U turn, look forward + where you're going! My PS wasn't consistent and I realized that it was a lot harder to be smooth because I was looking at the cones.. U-turn gear depends on your speed, but just look at where you're going and control the speed

IG: @adrielwrites

Hi all,

I'm currently taking my Class 2B in SSDC at lesson 2.

I always have difficulties going through the PS and also during U turn, my turning seem too wide.

Should I make u turn in 1st or 2nd gear and how to reduce my U turning radius?

PS: Flex your abs and shake your ass. Not joking here. Oh yeah, eye points also.

U-turn: Can't remember abt the gear, I seem to remember going thru in gear 1 if moving off from stationary, and going thru in gear 2 if turning on clear traffic.

PS: Flex your abs and shake your ass. Not joking here. Oh yeah, eye points also.

U-turn: Can't remember abt the gear, I seem to remember going thru in gear 1 if moving off from stationary, and going thru in gear 2 if turning on clear traffic.

Thanks for all bros for the tips, finally I manage to clear my Lesson 2 and going for my lesson 3. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just realized that there are a lot of new riders here, and I hope this post can save some lives if I paste it in a place where it matters.

Like many of you here reading this thread, I am a new rider. 10 months passed, and getting ready for 2A. The message I have for you all here today is this:

Always, always wear your visor, especially on the Expressway.

Our instructors in school never talk about it. Noone discusses it. Noone seems to care about it. Even after things happen. I wonder why.

I would suggest, if there are any instructors reading this thread, Please let learner riders know the importance of putting down the visor while riding.

Yesterday on the BKE heading, I was keeping left and getting ready to filter out towards Dairy Farm Road when a piece of granite from a nearby truck flew into my helmet and cracked my visor. Not just a small crack. The visor is totalled.

The stone was as large as a contact lens case, and would have knocked me unconscious if not for the visor. Even with the visor on, I was still stunned, and almost lost control.

Luckily I managed to hang on and survive. Please wear your visors. They WILL SAVE YOUR LIVES.

Great advice pal. Visors save you eyes, nose, mouth, face and ultimately your life. I was hit in the head by a small stone recently too. PLEASE FLIP DOWN VISOR WHEN TRAVELLING BEHIND TRUCKS AND OTHER BIG VEHICLES.