SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

My 2B journey.

Veil

hi all ! i'm new here ! anw i jst enrolled & done my 1.01 last night. i'm following this thread as a guidline to my learning in bbdc. heh helped alot ! :D

Ducky is that really you? I was the guy who spoke to you when we were doing 3.01. And we all failed remember?! LOL..i passed 3.01 after 4 tries!

If you are the right ducky...how are you?!

Class 2B: 12 Oct 2011

Eun Hee - Roadwin R125: 15 Oct 2011 -

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha anw, what kind of bikes would you guys recommend after i pass? i only stand at 153 and using the shorter bike at bbdc, i can only tip toeeee ):

Oh yes...i think you are the right ducky :) i really didnt expect to see you here! Such a pleasant surprise! Btw ppl, this thread is really good...just stumbled on it

Oh yes...i think you are the right ducky :) i really didnt expect to see you here! Such a pleasant surprise! Btw ppl, this thread is really good...just stumbled on it

Welcome to the thread! Since kelena n garrick haf obtained their licence, its time we pass the baton to u.

Its nw ur turn to post ur 2b joys/sorrows n upkeep tis thread. Power to u!

Congrats guys! Muz sayang ur licence since so much money n time were spent.

Do ride defensively for ur initial stage. Try not to push ur limits til u r more proficient. If u ride daily, the confidence to handle unexpected incidents will eventually come to u.

The real lessons starts nw so ride safe!

Wah this is well said. Licence is really tough to get, it is not about the money but it is about the time and effort spent.. Treasure your licence. It stays with you till 70 years old so your money is well spent. Cheers :thumb:

Class 2B: 11 May 2001 | Class 2A: 06 Oct 2009 | Class 2: 21 Dec 2010

Class 3 : 26 Sep 2003 | Forklift Licence: 06 Dec 2005

2001-2001 : Honda NSR SP 150

2002-2002 : Honda XR 200

2005-2005 : Honda Wave 125S

2006-2006 : Honda TA200

2008-2010 : Gilera VXR 200

2011-2014 : Honda Cbr 600

2014-Current: Yamaha FZ1S

2010-Current: Kia Picanto OPC

Welcome to the thread! Since kelena n garrick haf obtained their licence, its time we pass the baton to u.

Its nw ur turn to post ur 2b joys/sorrows n upkeep tis thread. Power to u!

You have done such a great job with this thread veil! Super! I am working full time but i try to get as many lessons in as i can..sometimes work liao tired sia. lol..i am only on 3.02. Just got my RTT passed, this week going to Japan though, so come back on wed, thurs have my 1st 3.02 attempt.

I do have to retake a few times on many lessons. Sianz. But i view it as a good training session to be a better rider and another day to ride a bike! :) I read that ducky has her TP on 13th? Hope she passed! We should go for a ride when we all passed hehee..

garrick, i hope my advise is the best gift to u to ride maturely.

1, Ride with ur head (cool mind - calm), not with ur heart (Emotional).

2, Be firm on ur own bike. Dun lent ppl, not even for 1 sec. (Speaking from Painful experience.)

3, Be mature. Dun try to outdo other biker. U are licensed to ride, not to race.

4, Always think of Family and love 1 be4 u ride.

5, Last but not least, Enjoy riding. I have my passion for it. Hope u do so as well.

Friends of SBF can help chip in as well pls.

PS: Pls dun find this old man naggy. >.

Thanks and have a nice day, Cheers!

when provoked, just stay calm. i guess we are all entitled to be angry, but we are not entitled to retaliate. reason is simple. we are so vulnerable.

yes, 2-wheelers are good during traffic jams where you can lane-split. however, just how fast does it get you home? 10-15 mins earlier? what if you reach home 7 days later? damn, that would suck, wouldnt it?

best way for new riders, or for all riders..do not lane-split. it just aint worth it!

BMW R1200GSLC 2014 (20smiles/miles)

Mini Cooper S Clubman 2011 (10smiles/miles)

Ducky is that really you? I was the guy who spoke to you when we were doing 3.01. And we all failed remember?! LOL..i passed 3.01 after 4 tries!

If you are the right ducky...how are you?!

hello ! :) i passed 301 on the second try! then 401 402 501 502 one try ! :) now waiting to book 601. very very busy ))):

You have done such a great job with this thread veil! Super! I am working full time but i try to get as many lessons in as i can..sometimes work liao tired sia. lol..i am only on 3.02. Just got my RTT passed, this week going to Japan though, so come back on wed, thurs have my 1st 3.02 attempt.

I do have to retake a few times on many lessons. Sianz. But i view it as a good training session to be a better rider and another day to ride a bike! :) I read that ducky has her TP on 13th? Hope she passed! We should go for a ride when we all passed hehee..

13/7 not june ! a little less than a month to go. very nervous !

garrick, i hope my advise is the best gift to u to ride maturely.

1, Ride with ur head (cool mind - calm), not with ur heart (Emotional).

2, Be firm on ur own bike. Dun lent ppl, not even for 1 sec. (Speaking from Painful experience.)

3, Be mature. Dun try to outdo other biker. U are licensed to ride, not to race.

4, Always think of Family and love 1 be4 u ride.

5, Last but not least, Enjoy riding. I have my passion for it. Hope u do so as well.

Friends of SBF can help chip in as well pls.

PS: Pls dun find this old man naggy. >.

Thanks and have a nice day, Cheers!

Nice bro i agree with what u are saying ! :) Totally.Thanks for e family and ride cool reminder ! :) Will do so when i start riding.

Haha !

I ever once dropped my friend's kawa accidentally while it's stationary during kick-start :p forgot the front brake...

Well i think the lending part is each to himself.Like depend on who u lend to.This type of thing heng-suay wwant ...can't predict will drop or dont drop.

Edited by garrickchoww
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66458115@N05/

hello ! :) i passed 301 on the second try! then 401 402 501 502 one try ! :) now waiting to book 601. very very busy ))):

Jia you!! You are also reaching liao! Wow, 5.02 first try, pretty impressive!!

Nice bro i agree with what u are saying ! :) Totally.Thanks for e family and ride cool reminder ! :) Will do so when i start riding.

Haha !

I ever once dropped my friend's kawa accidentally while it's stationary during kick-start :p forgot the front brake...

Well i think the lending part is each to himself.Like depend on who u lend to.This type of thing heng-suay wwant ...can't predict will drop or dont drop.

The dropping part is fine or rather not an issue, pay $$ can settle.

Im talking about ur license, wrong place wrong time wrong rider wrong bike. YMCA to SSDC for round 2 of class 2B instead of 2A.

PS: YMCA (You May Come Again)

The dropping part is fine or rather not an issue, pay $$ can settle.

Im talking about ur license, wrong place wrong time wrong rider wrong bike. YMCA to SSDC for round 2 of class 2B instead of 2A.

PS: YMCA (You May Come Again)

Hahahaha okok .Lol that's funny! :D okok ! Got it in my mind.Just careful lor.

oh, just a few thoughts on riding on the road for 3 days..

1. As i was pretty reluctant to travel the highways, i took small arterial roads instead.. well, i kept true to myself; not squeezing between cars and such. so as smaller roads are more congested, i moved when the front car moved, and stopped when they did too. by doing that, lesson 3.01 truly came in handy! as i was quite shaky when i took the lessons at BBDC, i used about 2 SPs to practice the plank. but the only thing is that mine's a kup kia..so there's no way to stabilize the bike by gripping the tank.. that's the only misgiving. however, it's very tiring to keep moving and stopping..but definitely safer, IMHO.

2. I did travel up highways..but i went at 60kph and at the 3rd lane. so when large trucks or vans wanna overtake, i'd move slightly to the left of the lane (closer to the road shoulder), to help them pass quickly. By helping them, i'm helping myself! But for newbies like me, it's quite terrifying to have a big truck bearing down on you. however, with some advices by friends and instructors (during lesson time), just do not be afraid, and keep your line. being afraid will only cause you to make mistakes..so i'm still learning not to be that fearful on the highways, but it's getting better.

3. Most importantly, get a good-fitting helmet! i think my helmet is a little too tight at the area above my eyes, but abit loose from the crown of my head to the helmet. so when riding, i experienced very slight light-headedness. so that's why i'm popping by some shops tmr to go try and then buy a snug fit helmet for myself. I'll only ride after i get a good-sized helmet.

Well, here are some of my thoughts after riding for abt 3 days. more to come. practice defensive riding, and you can have a fun and yet safe riding experience!!

oh, just a few thoughts on riding on the road for 3 days..

1. As i was pretty reluctant to travel the highways, i took small arterial roads instead.. well, i kept true to myself; not squeezing between cars and such. so as smaller roads are more congested, i moved when the front car moved, and stopped when they did too. by doing that, lesson 3.01 truly came in handy! as i was quite shaky when i took the lessons at BBDC, i used about 2 SPs to practice the plank. but the only thing is that mine's a kup kia..so there's no way to stabilize the bike by gripping the tank.. that's the only misgiving. however, it's very tiring to keep moving and stopping..but definitely safer, IMHO.

2. I did travel up highways..but i went at 60kph and at the 3rd lane. so when large trucks or vans wanna overtake, i'd move slightly to the left of the lane (closer to the road shoulder), to help them pass quickly. By helping them, i'm helping myself! But for newbies like me, it's quite terrifying to have a big truck bearing down on you. however, with some advices by friends and instructors (during lesson time), just do not be afraid, and keep your line. being afraid will only cause you to make mistakes..so i'm still learning not to be that fearful on the highways, but it's getting better.

3. Most importantly, get a good-fitting helmet! i think my helmet is a little too tight at the area above my eyes, but abit loose from the crown of my head to the helmet. so when riding, i experienced very slight light-headedness. so that's why i'm popping by some shops tmr to go try and then buy a snug fit helmet for myself. I'll only ride after i get a good-sized helmet.

Well, here are some of my thoughts after riding for abt 3 days. more to come. practice defensive riding, and you can have a fun and yet safe riding experience!!

Nice bro! :D

Wa riding on road alr sia ^^ Take a pic of ur bike n upload if possi bro!!! :D would love to see it!

Aww so envious and a lil jealous at e same time haha!

Ride safe!

Edited by garrickchoww

Nice bro! :D

Wa riding on road alr sia ^^ Take a pic of ur bike n upload if possi bro!!! :D would love to see it!

Aww so envious and a lil jealous at e same time haha!

Ride safe!

haha, as requested, here are 2 picts of my bike..

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9600/photo1rk.jpg

By kelvin55 at 2011-06-27

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4262/photo2imd.jpg

haha, as requested, here are 2 picts of my bike..

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9600/photo1rk.jpg

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4262/photo2imd.jpg

SWEEE la sia bro!! :D Happy for ya!! ^ ^ .This is yamaha r125 right? Cos e sticker says rs..something.. but i guess it shud be hor! :)

Wa really naisee... i like e suspension..wheels woo! Everything..Aizai ah! :)

Ride safe bro!!

Edited by garrickchoww

• 2 weeks later...

Still thinking and pondering...what do i see myself riding in e near future..

I guess main purpose is transport..for me.

Bike under my consideration are...(from most desired to least) :

kawasaki (krr 150) , Honda SP 150 (V unlikely...feel its too common and beng bike),X1R,X1 ,Spark,Vespa sprint, RXZ

cant think of others or much more... any bros can suggest?

I think ideally i want something with a tank tat i can grip with my legs..