SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

possible to own car for me??

BlkeIover

hi guys , i will be enlisted into ns in march , thinking of whether i wan to sign on . if sign on will probably be getting ard 2k per month . my dad will continue to give me allowance of 650 per month .. can i own a car with the amount i will be getting? my dad dont wan to get car for me . im below 18 if i really have the means to pay every month also cannot get a automotive loan right? got any possible ways anot ah? OPC also can lei. aiming for hyundai getz .. =(

overtake ? :dot: you will never overtake any last vehicle because u will never be the first no matter how .

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking into account of:

High COE, high insurance (as TS is below 21), rising petrol prices, road tax (no more $50 for OPC due to new scheme), maintainence, season parking etcetera..

Yup, probably you can. Hit the dealers soon!

rien d'autre que le max.

Taking into account of:

High COE, high insurance (as TS is below 21), rising petrol prices, road tax (no more $50 for OPC due to new scheme), maintainence, season parking etcetera..

rien d'autre que le max.

21 years old .. means even if u sign on .

u need to show yr pay roll before u can borrow loan.

opc, means u reach camp before 7 and then 7pm then leave..

well if u stay in , camp parking is free, eat at cook house..

no problem leh since dad off set yr road tax and petrol liao..

the problem is if u sign on and its 8 to 5.....

and yr camp is the other end of the world...

good luck lo...

Taking into account of:

but below 21 not even possible to buy a car right?

overtake ? :dot: you will never overtake any last vehicle because u will never be the first no matter how .

21 years old .. means even if u sign on .

u need to show yr pay roll before u can borrow loan.

opc, means u reach camp before 7 and then 7pm then leave..

well if u stay in , camp parking is free, eat at cook house..

no problem leh since dad off set yr road tax and petrol liao..

the problem is if u sign on and its 8 to 5.....

and yr camp is the other end of the world...

good luck lo...

i only tot of using car on weekends .. if want to loan for car every month min income hw much ah??

haha u sure bmw everyone does it?

His BMW refers to Bus Mrt Walk. Not the car bmw

i only tot of using car on weekends .. if want to loan for car every month min income hw much ah??

Why do you need to use a car on the weekend? To own a car comfortably and WITHOUT any worries, one must be financially stable on HIS/HER OWN FEET. With your meagre NS pay, i am pretty sure that you cant even own brand new china make car. You are just living in a fantasy world, assuming that everything will pan out beautifully everyday and you are just borrowing money from the future for something you cannot even realistically own. I assume that you had based on the decision to purchase a car because of your father allowance $650 per month. If that is the only financial support you are relying on, you will be screwed big time very soon. You are wearing a hat way too big for your head. And a mumbo jumbo size burger way too big for your mouth.

If you are my younger brother - i will slap you hard to wake you up.

If you are my friend - i will delete your contact number. To avoid being your ATM in the event your father cant give you 650 anymore.

Apology for the harshness of my tone, just that i am very shocked and sad that this is the thinking of the Young Ones In Singapore.

Relies heavily on the parents to survive. Does not appreciate value of hard work and only see the digits on the printed paper. Does not work hard to buy the things from their hard earned money and expected to be fed.

When i was your age, the only thing i hope to own was a BMX bicycle. For me to cycle to MAcdonald to work as part time.

....seriously...did you even do your maths properly before posting?.........

Edited by ohayo

i thought april came early this year... :lol:

ts, u should get it... maybe few years later, COE get doubled of what it is now, and you can sell urs and even make a profit.

but just curious, if u intend to sign on, means a stable job... why are u still getting money from ur dad?

肥仔七åƒå·

If you want to use the car as transport only for weekends, it really works out to be MUCH cheaper by simply taking a cab everytime. Hassle-free and with a chauffeur to boot. You don't have to worry about petrol, maintenance, jams and finding parking spots. Dial-a-cab and it arrives at your doorstep in 5 minutes.

If you want to use the car to impress girls and friends, a Hyundai Getz doesn't cut it. You will end up turning into a chauffeur for people instead when they ask for free lifts, more so during night's off and book-outs with the peer pressure going on.

Think wisely.

i've did calculation for my friend b4.. he was saying " eh if buy a picanto monthly only $300-500 , sounds ok rite?" then i told him ...

monthly installment : $300

carpark season : $90

road tax for one yr : $400 / 12 = 33.3

insurance for one yr : $1200 /12 = 100

petrol : $300 -$500

misc ( summon/repair/modify/add this add that) : $50 monthly.. (rough calculate)

do your own maths.. :)

but seriously.. if you are a sign on.. car dealer will give u the loan .. even if you buy big car....

speed and be home 5 mins early or 7 days late.

i've did calculation for my friend b4.. he was saying " eh if buy a picanto monthly only $300-500 , sounds ok rite?" then i told him ...

monthly installment : $300

carpark season : $90

road tax for one yr : $400 / 12 = 33.3

insurance for one yr : $1200 /12 = 100

petrol : $300 -$500

misc ( summon/repair/modify/add this add that) : $50 monthly.. (rough calculate)

do your own maths.. :)

but seriously.. if you are a sign on.. car dealer will give u the loan .. even if you buy big car....

If one needs to calculate till the last cent, sorry, you are threading on thin ice.

well.. you can always ignore the last cent and treat it as nothing.. sure no problem.. but those $ are still meant to be paid.. just too bad

by the time u read this , i believe those who have posted above give u a rough picture ...

if u jus use it on weekend .. pls dun waste money la... since u already getting allowance from yr dad ,

i mean how many ppl at yr age still get such a big allowance ??

650 dollar at age 18 leh ...

i was living on 280dollar at that age hahhahahaha

His BMW refers to Bus Mrt Walk. Not the car bmw

Why do you need to use a car on the weekend? To own a car comfortably and WITHOUT any worries, one must be financially stable on HIS/HER OWN FEET. With your meagre NS pay, i am pretty sure that you cant even own brand new china make car. You are just living in a fantasy world, assuming that everything will pan out beautifully everyday and you are just borrowing money from the future for something you cannot even realistically own. I assume that you had based on the decision to purchase a car because of your father allowance $650 per month. If that is the only financial support you are relying on, you will be screwed big time very soon. You are wearing a hat way too big for your head. And a mumbo jumbo size burger way too big for your mouth.

If you are my younger brother - i will slap you hard to wake you up.

If you are my friend - i will delete your contact number. To avoid being your ATM in the event your father cant give you 650 anymore.

Apology for the harshness of my tone, just that i am very shocked and sad that this is the thinking of the Young Ones In Singapore.

Relies heavily on the parents to survive. Does not appreciate value of hard work and only see the digits on the printed paper. Does not work hard to buy the things from their hard earned money and expected to be fed.

When i was your age, the only thing i hope to own was a BMX bicycle. For me to cycle to MAcdonald to work as part time.

....seriously...did you even do your maths properly before posting?.........

hi thanks for ur reply . i did talk abt signing on as a mean to support my own car right? is when someone post and ask wat if spf/scdf/army dont wan me as a regular den i ask question abt it . please, im asking for suggestions not lecture from a unknown, get it into ur D head n read carefully before u talk.