SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

possible to own car for me??

BlkeIover

hi everyone,

not sure if this is a good place to intro myself (but Im sure OP wouldnt mine, after the shelling his gotten :))

I come to singapore frequently and even work here for a couple of weeks and sometimes a quarter.

I dont understd singaporeans fascination with cars and how they can spend stupid amounts just to maintain a car or pay for them in installments and other fees...you lot really dont need a car for such a small island with good public services.

And only buy when you can pay for it in full. there is a reason why cars cost so much in sg, and its not cos they have 2 wheels more than a bike.

ok rant over..time for a pint

cheers :)

lucky you lot in sunny singapore..the british weather is miserable

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good public services.

Haha. You're funny.

the british weather is miserable

Agreed. Its always so gloomy and rainy.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

:offtopic:

im very amused reading most of the posts.

i kinda think, most of the time when someone starts a thread, the TS is only asking for advice.

although i think on similar lines to most people here, i realized some may have been too harsh. its being a cunt as TS has mentioned.

its his decision, maybe his dad can well afford to buy a car for him, but wants him to be independent blah blah blah. who knows? seriously.

we can try to dissuade and give advice, but i think thats about all we can do right? some of us only learn the hard way.

thou there are many keyboard warriors here (you know who you are), lets just try to be nice(er) to one another instead of trying to be sarcastic:lol:

edibleoffal: nice nick you have there, i see there its your first and second post in this thread, welcome!

heh.

:)

'96 nsr250sp

'90 nsr250r

'18 yzf-r6

OP, you are either a troll or downright silly to envision a car at your age and financial means.

Its silly, tethering at the brink of financial disaster to go into debt to buy a car/bike.

Its complete bollocks to rely on daddy's money at this age to finance a car...at your age I was on me own trying to save a few quid here and there mate.

Singapore's BMW option is not the best but its close to perfection..give it a go, you might even like it :)

Never buy anything you cant afford to pay for especially if it depreciates as fast as you lay your trotters on it.

Its silly to pay for a car or bike on installments, especially in Singapore where a car or bike is not a necessity and is ridiculously but rightly expensive.

'Quid' and 'mate'... you are from up north. Descendants of our ousted colonial masters.

haha!!

I like the way you phrase it. Public transport here is indeed better than all the countries I've been to. With the scarcity of land and a rather ruthlessly efficient public transport, it is very unusual for people to want a personal transport. I've never thought the Singaporean mentality of car ownship is exemplary. It is more like an ego sort of thing to own a car here judging from the running cost of owning one. Cars become a privilege only for those who can afford it here. So there will certainly be those who want to be associated to those who can afford it even though their finances will be utterly drained for a piece of depreciating heap of metal. On the other hand, if anyone can afford it, why not? You steer clear from the rush hour crowd having your feet underneath a stampede, enjoy exclusiveness while you peer into the bus next to you in your air conditioned cabin. Little wonder why the majoriy of Singaporeans insist of owning a car even though many can hardly afford one.

With the urge to look good, riding a motorcycle becomes a choice for the minority down here unlike in Europe. Motorcycles are mainly toys for the rich.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

:offtopic:

im very amused reading most of the posts.

i kinda think, most of the time when someone starts a thread, the TS is only asking for advice.

although i think on similar lines to most people here, i realized some may have been too harsh. its being a cunt as TS has mentioned.

its his decision, maybe his dad can well afford to buy a car for him, but wants him to be independent blah blah blah. who knows? seriously.

we can try to dissuade and give advice, but i think thats about all we can do right? some of us only learn the hard way.

thou there are many keyboard warriors here (you know who you are), lets just try to be nice(er) to one another instead of trying to be sarcastic:lol:

edibleoffal: nice nick you have there, i see there its your first and second post in this thread, welcome!

heh.

More fun to be sarcastic while dishing out realistic advice.

Who wants to sound like an old martinet? :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

To me. Can buy mean can buy. Cannot buy mean cannot buy. Whats there to ask advice for? Truth always hurt. Rich is rich. Poor is poor.

Just admit to the fact that one is in. No need to blow up face to everyone and ended pulling hair at the end of the month.

Just an analogy.

I want to buy a 30 cents sweet today and dont want to spend all my money. So i go borrow 10 cents and paid 20 cents from my pocket. Tomorrow i want to eat 50 cents bars and paid 30 cents and borrow 20. This goes on for a week. End of the week i collect $2 pocket money from my parents. Repaid all the loans amounting to $1 to all my friends. I have only a dollar to last for a week. Well its true that i have enjoyed the candies and bars for a week. But how long will this borrowing and repaying last? WHen will he/she start to resort to illegal means to satisfy his/her needs?

So Is that the kinda life the youngsters in Singapore are living now?

Edited by ohayo

hi everyone,

not sure if this is a good place to intro myself (but Im sure OP wouldnt mine, after the shelling his gotten :))

I come to singapore frequently and even work here for a couple of weeks and sometimes a quarter.

I dont understd singaporeans fascination with cars and how they can spend stupid amounts just to maintain a car or pay for them in installments and other fees...you lot really dont need a car for such a small island with good public services.

And only buy when you can pay for it in full. there is a reason why cars cost so much in sg, and its not cos they have 2 wheels more than a bike.

ok rant over..time for a pint

cheers :)

lucky you lot in sunny singapore..the british weather is miserable

Lucky you in the UK.

A brand new Porsche 911 Turbo PDK there is about the price of a Hyundai Sante Fe here.

Relatively speaking, we're all driving supercars here in singapore or you guys are all driving beat up jalopies there in the UK

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Trust me, your public transportation is actually very good

anyone whose been on the tube can back me up.

Heck, you lot had a train straight to the airport even before most western countries. I look forward to it everytime I get to changi.

It is true that I rather be stuck in the back seat of a nice air conditioned 6 series than smelling the armpits of a sweaty chump on the crowded train...but thats life.

I dont mean to be sarcastic but as some of you say, you want something work for it and spend the money intelligently.

Personally I dont believe in living on debt, it kills you, the singaporean penchant for COI is just daft.

There is a reason cars are cheaper here, thats course we got the space to run it, but in london, it aint cheap and we have ruthless parking, high insurance, MOTs, etc etc. Even city workers are clumped together in the tube in their shiny thread.

I think the COE and the extremely high car prices in sg are a very good idea.

Waiting on daddy's man is ok for wee boys not for big lads, that just not it.

I am from up north, yorkshire....London is a ***** for the sane mind, the dales are more pleasing.

If my posting to sg goes thru, I will get a bike, a big triumph or something...riding in shorts with your shades on ...thats life :)

cheers everyone

hope you get your posting to sg.

I personally subscribe to your notion of zero debt especially for car or bike.

but trust me, debt is not a question for Singaporean, the question is how much.

lastly, cars and maintenance are still cheaper in london than here "lah"

Heck, you lot had a train straight to the airport even before most western countries. I look forward to it everytime I get to changi.

It is true that I rather be stuck in the back seat of a nice air conditioned 6 series than smelling the armpits of a sweaty chump on the crowded train...but thats life.

I dont mean to be sarcastic but as some of you say, you want something work for it and spend the money intelligently.

Personally I dont believe in living on debt, it kills you, the singaporean penchant for COI is just daft.

There is a reason cars are cheaper here, thats course we got the space to run it, but in london, it aint cheap and we have ruthless parking, high insurance, MOTs, etc etc. Even city workers are clumped together in the tube in their shiny thread.

I am from up north, yorkshire....London is a ***** for the sane mind, the dales are more pleasing.

If my posting to sg goes thru, I will get a bike, a big triumph or something...riding in shorts with your shades on ...thats life :)

cheers everyone

For you:

I got this from my colleagues in Germany. I prefer the Deutsche Bahn and Singapore MRT so much more. And of course the legendary Deutsche Autobahn when I see the white circle signboard with multiple thin black lines splashed across diagonally. Chasing after those Ducs with the 'GB' plate in that part of the world goes to tell you how fast bikes can go.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

in london..dey have "mind the gap"

in singapore..we once had "the train is coming~, the train is comin~, love your ride". hahahaha

cheers everyone

http://images.theage.com.au/2011/05/16/2366334/art_stoner-200x0.jpg

His BMW refers to Bus Mrt Walk. Not the car bmw

Why do you need to use a car on the weekend? To own a car comfortably and WITHOUT any worries, one must be financially stable on HIS/HER OWN FEET. With your meagre NS pay, i am pretty sure that you cant even own brand new china make car. You are just living in a fantasy world, assuming that everything will pan out beautifully everyday and you are just borrowing money from the future for something you cannot even realistically own. I assume that you had based on the decision to purchase a car because of your father allowance $650 per month. If that is the only financial support you are relying on, you will be screwed big time very soon. You are wearing a hat way too big for your head. And a mumbo jumbo size burger way too big for your mouth.

If you are my younger brother - i will slap you hard to wake you up.

If you are my friend - i will delete your contact number. To avoid being your ATM in the event your father cant give you 650 anymore.

Apology for the harshness of my tone, just that i am very shocked and sad that this is the thinking of the Young Ones In Singapore.

Relies heavily on the parents to survive. Does not appreciate value of hard work and only see the digits on the printed paper. Does not work hard to buy the things from their hard earned money and expected to be fed.

When i was your age, the only thing i hope to own was a BMX bicycle. For me to cycle to MAcdonald to work as part time.

....seriously...did you even do your maths properly before posting?.........

WELL SAID..!

Young man, by the way you talk, you don't really know what sh*t you gonna get yourself into. Unless you telling me you are from a well to do family and your dad will just pay off everything as your birthday present, then I got nothing to say.

Car has always been a appreciative asset, just for your info: You can definitely have a car, under your dad's name, under your dad loan. Thats what rich kids's daddies does. If your dad is just an average earner, den wake up.

Its really sad to see all these youngsters, earning only 3k pence and drives a $700++/month installment, that drags 10 years straight. (excluding those that HAS to do sales as a job that comes with commission) Do some calculation and you probably can know how much these people can save. And see how many girls would truthfully wants you as their spouse next time.

When I was your age, I was trying to do lotsa odd jobs to save lotsa money for NOW. Your age is the time to work and save hard, not for you to spur any money you get. Its also scary that at 18, you still need to take an allowance of $650 for your dad.

When I was your age, I was already paying on my polytechnic fees... please have a sense of ownership of your life my dear young man.

Don't blame me for being so harsh to you, I can really foresee what kind of state you will get yourselves into if you really even get a car.

Live within your own means.

Cheers!

Grace

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/the80schihuahua/bikesmall.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/the80schihuahua/Image006-1-1.jpg

Flaws Imperfects My Perfection

after taking a step, maybe two, back, TS is finally enlightened.

He will kindly accept the $650 per month from his parents, and convince them of buying him a nice regular plate car so that he can come home sooner to fulfill his filial son duty afterall his parents can well afford it and it would pain them to see their son living with all the inconvenience of a OPC or the danger of riding a bike or even worse to see him bullied by the inefficient public transportation. :angel:

I did encounter few parents are worse, getting a car that they barely can afford. In end force their son to pay off their debts for them, when their son hardly earns enough to feed himself!

DISGUSTING!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/the80schihuahua/bikesmall.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/the80schihuahua/Image006-1-1.jpg

Flaws Imperfects My Perfection

my coleague got a car as a gift from his dad

but the irony comes , cause his dad bought a damn old nissan sunny hahahhahh for 3k ..

he told my colleague, if u can afford the repairs , parking , oil and road tax for this year onli .

then u can consider buying a car..

if u think its tough ... u got yr answer...

I did encounter few parents are worse, getting a car that they barely can afford. In end force their son to pay off their debts for them, when their son hardly earns enough to feed himself!

DISGUSTING!

How about this...

21 year old lad who comes from a single mum family wants his mother to buy him a car. She cannot afford it and he cried to his friends citing his mum does not love him anymore.

He bought a bike from AS Phoon and owed them 6 months of installments. Bike was repossessed and his mother cleared his debt.

During his RS125 ownership, he did things like going to BBDC to disturb those L plate riders at the U turn.

He also got many girls impregnated during our course of friendship. Condoms never seem to exist in his vocabulary.

Then he got his 2A and went to buy a RVF from Extreme. Frequently owed installments and then during his RVF ownership, he came to SGH to visit me when I was hospitalised at night. Ended up stealing a brand new Nokia 8210 from the patient sleeping opposite me. The owner thought the nurse took it but fortunately he was seen taking the phone and he had to return, knelt before the owner and begged for mercy contrasting his initial bravado and his persistant claims that he was innocent. It didn't occur to him that I looked like his bloody accomplice after his stupidity was broadcasted across the hospital.

He tried to ride his RVF like a big brother before the 2B newbies and once into the drain at East Coast. Recovered the bike and he blamed the tyres and bike for the epic failure.

Then he challenged someone on a RS250 on the straights. Lost out right in the face and he pushed his ravaged RVF into AS Phoon again this time for a RS250. The then young and inexperienced manager thought it was a good deal taking in the RVF since it was a hot bike sold the RS250 to this young man. He didn't know the repurcussions until many people who dropped by his branch got horrified when they saw the bike FM8085 in his workshop. And everyone sincerely hoped that the bugger will not default on the monthly payments on such a fine gentleman running the AS Phoon branch. But as usual, he did. Bike was repossessed.

The bugger went on to lose his class 2A because of excessive points accumulated during his class 2A Probation and then lost the rest of his licence after he gave his IC and licence to another bugger with the same intellegence as him. The disciple rode his master's 2B bike into the highly popular road blocked AMK ave 5 without a valid licence showed his master's valid documents and ended up with free lodgings and food for 3 months.

I last heard about this legendary idiot when he was doing his NS with another friend of mine. My friend met him in the medical centre and the moron was trying to teach my friend how to malinger effectively.

I guess some might know who he is. Many years down the road, I distanced myself from him and my life improved tremendously. Friendships are bondings between people who appreciate each other. Friendships are never something to be made use of. I never met another person who can rival his moronism.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

but the irony comes , cause his dad bought a damn old nissan sunny hahahhahh for 3k ..

he told my colleague, if u can afford the repairs , parking , oil and road tax for this year onli .

clever dad!

How about this...

21 year old lad who comes from a single mum family wants his mother to buy him a car. She cannot afford it and he cried to his friends citing his mum does not love him anymore.

He bought a bike from AS Phoon and owed them 6 months of installments. Bike was repossessed and his mother cleared his debt.

During his RS125 ownership, he did things like going to BBDC to disturb those L plate riders at the U turn.

He also got many girls impregnated during our course of friendship. Condoms never seem to exist in his vocabulary.

Then he got his 2A and went to buy a RVF from Extreme. Frequently owed installments and then during his RVF ownership, he came to SGH to visit me when I was hospitalised at night. Ended up stealing a brand new Nokia 8210 from the patient sleeping opposite me. The owner thought the nurse took it but fortunately he was seen taking the phone and he had to return, knelt before the owner and begged for mercy contrasting his initial bravado and his persistant claims that he was innocent. It didn't occur to him that I looked like his bloody accomplice after his stupidity was broadcasted across the hospital.

He tried to ride his RVF like a big brother before the 2B newbies and once into the drain at East Coast. Recovered the bike and he blamed the tyres and bike for the epic failure.

Then he challenged someone on a RS250 on the straights. Lost out right in the face and he pushed his ravaged RVF into AS Phoon again this time for a RS250. The then young and inexperienced manager thought it was a good deal taking in the RVF since it was a hot bike sold the RS250 to this young man. He didn't know the repurcussions until many people who dropped by his branch got horrified when they saw the bike FM8085 in his workshop. And everyone sincerely hoped that the bugger will not default on the monthly payments on such a fine gentleman running the AS Phoon branch. But as usual, he did. Bike was repossessed.

The bugger went on to lose his class 2A because of excessive points accumulated during his class 2A Probation and then lost the rest of his licence after he gave his IC and licence to another bugger with the same intellegence as him. The disciple rode his master's 2B bike into the highly popular road blocked AMK ave 5 without a valid licence showed his master's valid documents and ended up with free lodgings and food for 3 months.

I last heard about this legendary idiot when he was doing his NS with another friend of mine. My friend met him in the medical centre and the moron was trying to teach my friend how to malinger effectively.

I guess some might know who he is. Many years down the road, I distanced myself from him and my life improved tremendously. Friendships are bondings between people who appreciate each other. Friendships are never something to be made use of. I never met another person who can rival his moronism.

this type of ppl exist???

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg

ts ah ts

if you have a stable job pls stop taking money from your parents

you should be giving them money instead.

but its your life go ahead buy the car if you want. just make sure you have some way to maintain it.

now that's a good one!

but actually hor a really old machine is not really cost effective as a transport, so ur fren got a raw deal :p

Edited by swiftee

boring rider. with a boring bike.

too old to want to appear interesting anymore.

How about this...

wow, what a super idiot.

He should wear a T-shirt warning people of his stupidity

this type of ppl exist???

wow, what a super idiot.

He should wear a T-shirt warning people of his stupidity

The world is filled with different types of people. The degree of damage he did to my reputation while I stood by him as my friend was beyond refutation. Interested in his name? PM me... I am sure some guys here know who he is.

Do Not Tailgate Me!