SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Yamaha FZ16

pikapika

Hi to all bikers, had decided to get a 2b bike again after i sold my ride due to the horrendous COE. Would like to check how much is a yamaha 2013 used fz16ST cost now? Thanks.

I cant quote you the prices you requested but I believe the cost should be about the same.

Got my 2012 FZ16 (2nd gen) model.

Machine price 8.6k.

Motor Insurance 300.

You could be expected to spend around 9k here I believe.

Keep us updated on your find out there n good luck!

Yamaha.Yamaha.Yamaha

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi bro, you are right..I got my used fZ16ST for around that price too..enjoying every moment of it..thanks..

I cant quote you the prices you requested but I believe the cost should be about the same.

Got my 2012 FZ16 (2nd gen) model.

Machine price 8.6k.

Motor Insurance 300.

You could be expected to spend around 9k here I believe.

Keep us updated on your find out there n good luck!

None urgent sale!

COE December 2022.

Super low mileage of 20k for a 2 years+ bike.

Everything stock, spent few hundred on stickers and accessories.

Only give what's good for the bike. Motul 300V 15W50 and Premium 98.

Smooth transmission, fuel consumption up to 40km/litre.

Service every 2000km or every alternate payday when salary comes in.

Interested buyer please pm me.

Hi to all fellow FZ 16 riders, had been riding my fz16ST which was purchased 2 weeks ago. I had pumped petrol a few times but can't seems to get 12 litres even though the 1 bar light flickered on the fuel gauge. The manual indicates 12 litres tank capacity. i pumped about 9-10 litres and i can see the fuel is almost up to the brim of the fuel cover. Is there something wrong or that 2 litres is the reserved tank capacity? Appreciate advice from you all. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to all..Managed to find the answer in page 62 of this thread..Thanks to all..

Hi to all fellow FZ 16 riders, had been riding my fz16ST which was purchased 2 weeks ago. I had pumped petrol a few times but can't seems to get 12 litres even though the 1 bar light flickered on the fuel gauge. The manual indicates 12 litres tank capacity. i pumped about 9-10 litres and i can see the fuel is almost up to the brim of the fuel cover. Is there something wrong or that 2 litres is the reserved tank capacity? Appreciate advice from you all. Thanks in advance.

I was told..

Once the one bar fuel indicator starts blinking, time to turn the petrol knob to reserve while navigating your way to the nearest Petrol Kiosk.

Reserve petrol is approx 2litres.

Usually in this situation, I would only be able to fill about 9+litres worth.

After a few incidents, I think that the fuel bar indicator does not reflect the amount left in reserve. (Still observing this bit)

That might explain what you had experienced.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Yamaha.Yamaha.Yamaha

I was told..

Once the one bar fuel indicator starts blinking, time to turn the petrol knob to reserve while navigating your way to the nearest Petrol Kiosk.

Reserve petrol is approx 2litres.

Usually in this situation, I would only be able to fill about 9+litres worth.

After a few incidents, I think that the fuel bar indicator does not reflect the amount left in reserve. (Still observing this bit)

That might explain what you had experienced.

Have a great weekend everyone!

From my experience. Only turn on the reserve when there is NO bar and it's blinking. When it has a blinking bar it's just indicating you have low fuel, be careful. NO bar blinking means go and pump now. I could chug in 12.1 liters after turning on my reserve. Bike was coughing all the way to the petrol kiosk.

July 18 2013 - Class 2B (1st time pass)

Dec 03 2014 - Class 2A (2nd attempt :mad:)

Feb 2 2016 - Class 2 (1st attempt)

July 26 2013 - Yamaha FZ16ST

Feb 2 2016 - ZX-12R A1 Model

From my experience. Only turn on the reserve when there is NO bar and it's blinking. When it has a blinking bar it's just indicating you have low fuel, be careful. NO bar blinking means go and pump now. I could chug in 12.1 liters after turning on my reserve. Bike was coughing all the way to the petrol kiosk.

i had been in this situation before... it's very dangerous and not worthwhile to use up the reserve tanks.. There is a lot of fuel on reserve and we tend to forget easily.. i ended up once having to push 300 meters to opp petrol kiosk in the hot sun, and can't go through the divider. And the cashier insisted me to buy the aluminium container, else push another 600m U turn and into the petrol kiosk.. I dare not ride too far on reserve from then onward..

http://koenigsegg.hotcars4.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/stig1.gif

Class2,2A,2&3. Demerit 12 Pts.

2006-2008 -NSR150SP

2008-2009 -GRS400

2009-2012 -Piaggio X9

2012-Present-FZ16ST

btw, anyone can recommend where I can get affordable yet decent rear tyre? Unique said they are having a promotion for Pirrelli Sport Dragon at $152.. Not sure if it's too good, because I just ride from office to home and vice versa.. always ride slow and steady.. not in hurry..

http://koenigsegg.hotcars4.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/stig1.gif

Class2,2A,2&3. Demerit 12 Pts.

2006-2008 -NSR150SP

2008-2009 -GRS400

2009-2012 -Piaggio X9

2012-Present-FZ16ST

i had been in this situation before... it's very dangerous and not worthwhile to use up the reserve tanks.. There is a lot of fuel on reserve and we tend to forget easily.. i ended up once having to push 300 meters to opp petrol kiosk in the hot sun, and can't go through the divider. And the cashier insisted me to buy the aluminium container, else push another 600m U turn and into the petrol kiosk.. I dare not ride too far on reserve from then onward..

Actually no leh.. for FZ16 since we're carburettor, we have a manual fuel cock for turning on reserve... so once you turn on, you jolly well go pump lo. the reserve can last around 35km (1L)

July 18 2013 - Class 2B (1st time pass)

Dec 03 2014 - Class 2A (2nd attempt :mad:)

Feb 2 2016 - Class 2 (1st attempt)

July 26 2013 - Yamaha FZ16ST

Feb 2 2016 - ZX-12R A1 Model

Bottomline.. Do not try our luck to see how far we can go when the fuel indicator starts blinking and or when it indicates one bar.

Low fuel means time to top up. ;)

Anyway.. I did survive about 40km when the indicator starts blinking and fuel knob switched to reserve just this evening before miraculously an Esso petrol kiosk showed up round a bend.

Yamaha.Yamaha.Yamaha

for my fz

start blinking 1 bar - left 1l (additional 1l reserve)

apprx 36km after the blinking. it will start coughing, really low fuel.

turn the fuel knob, at this point the fuel gauge still 1 bar blinking.

another 10km-15km, no bar left and blinking.

it still can last 20km more..

that the limit i have tried..

at refuel, is apprx 12l

I also top up full tank at 10.9 also

hi guys...have been riding this bike for 2 years...juz now noticed oil leaking out at the top n middle section of the block. anione encounter this before? can advise on the pricing?[ATTACH]323359[/ATTACH]

You tried tightening the screw which is beside your finger? My guess is that such leaks will only happen if either seal is broken or the screw is loose causing oil to seep through tiny openings.

My posts are based on peaceful discussion, honest questions happy jokes. If for any personal reason u find my post not suiting your ego, scrolling and clicking is always faster than typing. Not hearing my retorts to your rude remarks only means I have confirmed that your upbringing is that of barbarians.

Your Perspective on life comes from the cage you were held captive in. - Shannon L. Alder

hi guys...have been riding this bike for 2 years...juz now noticed oil leaking out at the top n middle section of the block. anione encounter this before? can advise on the pricing?[ATTACH]323359[/ATTACH]

So what is the cause of the oil leak? Have you got it checked yet?

It is worrying to know the screw 'might' be loose if you had not touched it before to open the top block.

Yamaha.Yamaha.Yamaha

Hi all, how much for new fz16 now?

there r no more 'new' fz16 if i not wrong. coz now they start bringin in the fuel injection version if that is wat u r refering to. Which they call fz v2 or fz fi. And costs 13k++ otr.

Greetings! Just took out an FZ16ST few days back! Fuel consumption damn good. Hope to learn more of this bike from you guys í*½í¹ is there any important thing i should take note for this bike?

Welcome to the forum.

Fz16 is my first bike bought in April 2013, its a great bike.

any machine need the love, care n maintenance, this bike will stay with u for long time if u take care of it.

My advise on this bike is

- do not over-modify this bike, as its original look is already robust, manly, sharp and solid. Though slight modification is a choice.

- maintain the chain and sprocket by cleaning and lube, time by time.

- advisable to do servicing at yamaha service centre at hong leong, as they provide affordable package (engine oil, tyre pressure, lube/adjust chain, check brake / clutch, wash bike etc). But sometimes i change engine oil, oil filter at bike shop to save cost.

- whenever available, try to park in multi story parking to protect from heavy rain, hot sun etc.

-its a choice to have bike box, where u can store necessary things like raincoat, helmet, papers, sometimes ur shopping stuffs. Having bike box is very helpful, practical, i believe.

- can use DISC LOCK when u park on ur season parking lot at night.

This much i can remember for now, will share more if its helpful to you.

Safe riding.