SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Posting in this section

Andy

The purpose of this section is to create a channel for feedback with regards to motorcycling in Singapore. Rules are as follow:

1) Strictly no offtopic/chatting posts.

2) All posts/threads will be reviewed prior to going public.

3) Suggestive contents advised. Casual chats are advised to proceed to Chatterbox.

4) All postings are to be made in a objective manner.

Your best friend in forum :: Search ::

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by WildCard@May 19 2004, 07:52 PM

Andy?

Just as a clarification, is this a sort of "feedback" channel on riding and legal issues?

We can discuss and give reference to the authorities to check out the feedbacks via this section. Therefore we need to have absolutely no nonsense in this section.

can post some examples on what topic that we can discuss in Rally point?

05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)

08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)

09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)

04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)

05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)

07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)

11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

Basically I think first of all fellow bikers need to get sort of proper sponsorships and support from both motor companies and the public.What the proper authorities can is "endorse" these activities like giving permits for space, permits to teams to allow them to have bikes specifically for TRACK USE ONLY. Therefore giving each team a better chance to show not only their riding skills, but also how they can mod each bike(limit to a one or two per team) to the fullest potential. So the bikes can only be used on the track/trail and no where else.

Secondly, getting the media to spread the word would be great so it would get better exposure. I can't really think of much feedback right now so I'll check back later. :smile:

http://blog.badmotorfinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/2009_bmw_s1000rr_5.jpg

So this thread is not for ppl to flame about someone riding or driving recklessly? :confused:

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

Originally posted by StingRhea@May 20 2004, 02:55 AM

So this thread is not for ppl to flame about someone riding or driving recklessly? :confused:

No, I think instead maybe we can discuss on how to advise or educate such riders...

That would be better,,,

Hello all,

My suggestion is to discuss issues that pertain to bikers in Singapore, serious issues that are directly affecting everyone riding a motorcycle and if possible we could look at how to make things better.

One example will be that of insurance matters, surely everyone has noticed how much it costs to insure a bike now as compared to that 2 years back. Insurance companies cite false claims and lost vehicles as a main contributing factor. To be fair, there are workshops who enagage in unethical practices.

However, of the claimed losses, how many of these cases were for motorcycles and how many were for cars? You often read about insurance companies taking workshop owners to task for making false claims, commenting on the high number of fraud cases. Have you ever heard the workshop's end of the story?

How many times have insurance companies delay payment of claims? Have you read any of these in the papers? Or about how impossible it is these days to do proper accident repairs because insurance companies pay out low amounts for extensive repair jobs. How many workshops refuse to take insurance jobs because of this and other reasons?

And this is just one topic.

How about supermotard? Why are the rims outlawed?

How about aftermarket bodywork? Why are they outlawed?

Can you remove fairings from your bike and still ride around?

By sharing views and ideas, we could possibly arrive at reasons for and against certain issues and thereafter appeal for changes if we can arrange a suitable solution.

I suggest we discuss pertinent issues that affect us directly and address the possibilities.

Bernard Lee,

Vector One

Tel: 6294-6608

286 Lavender Street

(beside Ducati Showroom)

Hi bernard,

maybe you would like to start topics individually for each points that you mentioned?

Regards,

Andy

• 1 year later...

Oh ya, One more Dont's : Try not to post the slightest remark about religious issues, it may spark off arguements with people who are easily irritated by the slightest of comments.

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

• 10 years later...

Hi motorcycle rider without Iu in CBD AREA ,

I seldom went to CBD AREA with my bike, Only last FRIDAY was asked to do some banking Errand for the Company and went to park at ONE RAFFLE QUAY

BUILDING Which took me 45min to 1hrs and was charge $5.35 for parking in the Building. I make some enquiry from the security guard and was asked to

make a called person incharge and today just got through the person and inform about the charges and was told by him (no refund) that if you have no IU, the system

will regard it as a car although there a lane for bike as on HDB/URA and some other shopping centre and building where went you go to the m/c barrier it will

charge m/c charges (this is rediculous in CBD but not in other AREA for M/cycle ?)

• admin unpinned this topic