SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

gentoro

Originally posted by hanson2020@Jul 13 2005, 01:06 PM

Just got my bike on sat. First impression very bad :mad: as I take the bike out of the shop my meter when blank. And send it back to repair it took 2hrs :sian: for the technician to check and come up with no answer of why it happen. Force to change 1 but during the changing the meter come back up don’t know what happen. Until now it still ok. Scare some day it might happen again. Anybody have the same problem as me?

BTW anybody know where I can buy the plastic thing to hold road tax. I’m new in riding bike don’t know where to buy all the stuff for bike:sweat: . Any recommendation and also anybody know where is the good location to fix the road tax.

:smile:

All i can say, the shop hav a poor after sales service. They only knw how to seal a deal. Once they got ur $, it seems like they juz wanted to give u the bike.

A gd salesman will always hav time to call u up n say the bike is ready for collection, will already "test run" the bike to c if theres any malfunction to obvious parts of the bike. They will also fix the rd tax plus the plastic cover to ur bike.

All u hav to do is juz to do some final paper works n get the key, n zoommmmm.....off u go. But b4 tt, the salesman would advice u how fast u suppose to ride innitially, then when to service, how long the warranty from the bike shop, etc.

FYI, bought the bike at Lee Motor, best service i ever had. Had a few bikes from different major bike shops, but Lee motor n also not to forget Mah motor hav a gd after sales service. But i tink its too soon to give them a compliment. But i'm realli a satisfied customer at the end of the day.

I also had ur experience with my 1st bike... damn kuku..... Dunt even know wats 2T. Bike shop never mentioned anything. They only assume. After less then a week, piston jammed. Every thing got its 1st time. So, open ur ears to listen for gd bike shops.....n observe........

Btw, GTS parts comes with warranty of 1yr. So, any problem, go back to the shop where u bought it. Juz b patience.......

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Shark@Jul 13 2005, 02:54 PM

TP can saman u $20 for not display road tax

Tested n proven before by urs truely.......... Theres such rule of its an offence not to display ur rd tax. But to some on-e-ball TPs, they might juz summon u. I wasnt as lucky as u guys... kena twice b4.

Guys,

Juz tried my GTS cooling system to the max juz now. I puposely went to JB at 5.15pm, n it took me bout 30mins juz to reach checkpoint, w/o killing off the engine. I was hoping my temp to go up to 3rd bar or so, but only for for a while then go back 2nd bar. Checked my bike for any leakage or watsoever after i reached hm...... but so far so good. So, i'm assuming tt the bike can tahan any massive jam in sg. :cheeky:

Btw, 40km to go to reach 1k km mark. Gonna send for 1st servicing. According to Mah motor, they only gonna change the EO n gear oil, n do some checks on the tyre press etc. So i tink by tomorrow, i can try to push the bike slowly to at most 110km/hr.if i hav the chance to do so..... But of coz, safety comes 1st.

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Jul 13 2005, 07:40 PM

All i can say, the shop hav a poor after sales service. They only knw how to seal a deal. Once they got ur $, it seems like they juz wanted to give u the bike.

A gd salesman will always hav time to call u up n say the bike is ready for collection, will already "test run" the bike to c if theres any malfunction to obvious parts of the bike. They will also fix the rd tax plus the plastic cover to ur bike.

All u hav to do is juz to do some final paper works n get the key, n zoommmmm.....off u go. But b4 tt, the salesman would advice u how fast u suppose to ride innitially, then when to service, how long the warranty from the bike shop, etc.

FYI, bought the bike at Lee Motor, best service i ever had. Had a few bikes from different major bike shops, but Lee motor n also not to forget Mah motor hav a gd after sales service. But i tink its too soon to give them a compliment. But i'm realli a satisfied customer at the end of the day.

I also had ur experience with my 1st bike... damn kuku..... Dunt even know wats 2T. Bike shop never mentioned anything. They only assume. After less then a week, piston jammed. Every thing got its 1st time. So, open ur ears to listen for gd bike shops.....n observe........

Btw, GTS parts comes with warranty of 1yr. So, any problem, go back to the shop where u bought it. Juz b patience.......

i think whatever happen to the bike do really matter the dealers for SYM will be very respondsible cause got 1yr warranty go back to ur bike shop if anything happen

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Jul 13 2005, 07:43 PM

Tested n proven before by urs truely.......... Theres such rule of its an offence not to display ur rd tax. But to some on-e-ball TPs, they might juz summon u. I wasnt as lucky as u guys... kena twice b4.

Bro, some time last year, they changed the ruling that it is no more an offence not to display your road tax. It even came out in the papers. There is a thread in the legality section where they posted the article. You can search it if you want to find out more. :bouncefire:

No Signature

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Jul 13 2005, 07:50 PM

Guys,

Juz tried my GTS cooling system to the max juz now. I puposely went to JB at 5.15pm, n it took me bout 30mins juz to reach checkpoint, w/o killing off the engine. I was hoping my temp to go up to 3rd bar or so, but only for for a while then go back 2nd bar. Checked my bike for any leakage or watsoever after i reached hm...... but so far so good. So, i'm assuming tt the bike can tahan any massive jam in sg. :cheeky:

Btw, 40km to go to reach 1k km mark. Gonna send for 1st servicing. According to Mah motor, they only gonna change the EO n gear oil, n do some checks on the tyre press etc. So i tink by tomorrow, i can try to push the bike slowly to at most 110km/hr.if i hav the chance to do so..... But of coz, safety comes 1st.

So bro, what's the distance that you can cover from full tank to reserve?

No Signature

Originally posted by wolverlne@Jul 13 2005, 07:38 PM

any lady rider for joyride? any difficulties in handling it?

I m the lady rider for joyride... riding a efi 180... in starting the bike is quite heavy to handle but when u get use to it u will love it as it easy to use.. enjoy

TrUe lOvE is Not loViNg a pErFecT pErsOn but loVinG an ImPreFeCt PeRsoN cOmpLeTelY

WrOng to CliNg to wHat yOu sHoUldN't b3lieVe in or to fAiL to aSk tHe tRuth you s33k

iN tHiS wOrLd ThErE iS nO sUcH tHiNgS aS fAiRy TaLeS tHaT iS y I oNlY gIvE u A pRoMiSe To LoVe U fOrEvEr

LoViNg A pErSoN iS nOt 1 dAy MaTtEr bUt LeAvInG a PeRsOn iS 1 MiN dEcIsIoN

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Jul 10 2005, 02:31 AM

As a sport bike rider b4, riding thz bike is a totally new experience....though sumtimes i'll get frustrated as cant get at high speed especially when late for werk....

I'm sure u'll have a gd impression of ur scoot...esp the luggage space. No need to squeeze raincoats under the pillion seat... ahaha.........

Thanx bro will go real slow.

Me first time riding auto bike if any bro saw a gts go very slow, that will be me :cheeky:

Will be getting my gts this sat :smile:

Hope to have this kind of bike

http://img291.echo.cx/img291/1124/photo209457cv.jpg

hhhmmm well when i finished running in my bike i also get 320-340 before i reached reserve.but after running for 24k the fuel consumption is not that good liao as only reach 270-280 before reserve... :sweat:

no active trips since 2006

Originally posted by sigg4@Jul 14 2005, 09:39 AM

hhhmmm well when i finished running in my bike i also get 320-340 before i reached reserve.but after running for 24k the fuel consumption is not that good liao as only reach 270-280 before reserve... :sweat:

When u got ur GTS 24k thats quite a distance there

i am just reaching the 1k mark:smile:

Scoot for L I F E

Hyosung Aquila 125 -> Joyride 200 -> GTS 200 -> G-MAX 200 -> Adiva AD200

opps sorry i am riding a X9 evo not GTS... pai seh didn't mentioned that but i believed that after you have been running for some distance the FC will change as that is due to wear and tear mah...

no active trips since 2006

Originally posted by sigg4@Jul 14 2005, 10:56 AM

opps sorry i am riding a X9 evo not GTS... pai seh didn't mentioned that but i believed that after you have been running for some distance the FC will change as that is due to wear and tear mah...

:smile:

Scoot for L I F E

Hyosung Aquila 125 -> Joyride 200 -> GTS 200 -> G-MAX 200 -> Adiva AD200

Originally posted by GTSFreak@Jul 14 2005, 06:28 PM

At last, my bike is coming out tomorrow, Friday after 6 p.m :bouncefire:

Hi guys, just got my gts on Wed, like it very much, so far so good.

But really can go only at 60km/h for the first 1000km meh??:confused:

Originally posted by wee22wah@Jul 14 2005, 09:46 PM

Hi guys, just got my gts on Wed, like it very much, so far so good.

But really can go only at 60km/h for the first 1000km meh??:confused:

No la bro... 80km/h is ok ley... :giddy: 60km/h too damn slow eh

:slapforehead:

Originally posted by GTSFreak@Jul 14 2005, 12:16 AM

Bro, some time last year, they changed the ruling that it is no more an offence not to display your road tax. It even came out in the papers. There is a thread in the legality section where they posted the article. You can search it if you want to find out more. :bouncefire:

Oh izzit?? nt sure bout tt ruling......... i kena in 2003.....or 2004............sumtink like tt........... thx for the info........

Originally posted by GTSFreak@Jul 14 2005, 12:17 AM

So bro, what's the distance that you can cover from full tank to reserve?

I'm using shell 98 (i think...green kaler) for my bike. running in can go bout 350-360km......12.5L of petrol (gambled with petrol....had a bottle of petrol juz in case)

Now juz finished running in, n going to Mah to change oils......... So, i'll give my GTS feedbacks by Sat nite bout fuel consumtion after running in..... Most likely goin to visit my parents in jb after tomorrow meet up at kallang kfc........ So i'll b trying the bike's potential there.........

Originally posted by sigg4@Jul 14 2005, 09:18 AM

gts radiator fan on what temperature than turn on har? also how many litres of coolant is used?

As for the fan, it seems to be switched on when the temp bar reaches the 2nd bar...

It uses a total of 1.2L of coolant (radiator + reservoir) . There's an indicator if coolant level ( high & low) , visible when u open up the glove box.