SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

gentoro

:bouncefire: I got my bike already :bouncefire: But the IU unit, which I need most is not ready, and the box is also not fixed yet as the bracket is unavailable. Also, the running in is killing me... coz used to ride a CBR400RR. So sad to leave her at the shop today.... Looking forward to meeting U guys up!!!! :bouncefire:

No Signature

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by GTSFreak@Jul 16 2005, 12:37 AM

:bouncefire: I got my bike already :bouncefire: But the IU unit, which I need most is not ready, and the box is also not fixed yet as the bracket is unavailable. Also, the running in is killing me... coz used to ride a CBR400RR. So sad to leave her at the shop today.... Looking forward to meeting U guys up!!!! :bouncefire:

Welkome to da club....

Btw, actually they hav the brackets, but they recall it back coz da agents r ordering a new set of brackets, specially made by givi for gts 200.

as for IU, actualli da shop shld hav installed it, unless u told them last minuite to install...........

Originally posted by guiderer@Jul 16 2005, 02:07 AM

sry fer asking... may i know wat's the price like for GTS200?

juz roughly around how much... thanks alot

from a brother here : 8.1K OTR with 2nd party insurance, Owner 24 yrs old insurance is x. :smile:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

Originally posted by Mark C.@Jul 16 2005, 02:16 AM

from a brother here : 8.1K OTR with 2nd party insurance, Owner 24 yrs old insurance is x. :smile:

If machine price is put at 6K, that is around market range because of the high insurance for a 24yr old. If the shop say 7.6K, i dun think the hidden cost is in yet.

:slapforehead:

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Jul 16 2005, 01:17 AM

Welkome to da club....

Btw, actually they hav the brackets, but they recall it back coz da agents r ordering a new set of brackets, specially made by givi for gts 200.

as for IU, actualli da shop shld hav installed it, unless u told them last minuite to install...........

Yeah bro. I expected at least the IU will be there but unfortunately, it was not there. Anyway, I am not surprised leh. My bike already took so long to come out, what else the IU. I had already told them that I want the IU during the order about 2 weeks back, they said ok. Yesterday when I collected the bike, I asked them how long will it take for the IU to come? He told me together with the log card, about 1 week plus to 2 weeks like that. Very the Jia Lat leh like this :nono: I'm lost for words already ah bro.... GIVE UP liaozzz.. And lastly, they even told me "Your Road Tax we cannot give you first, not with us. It is with the agent. But don't worry, Road Tax do already". :faint:

No Signature

Guest CrazyBiker
:smile: My Uncle juz got a GTS and he told me that this bike is very smooth on handlng better than X9. That dat true bcos me also getting 1 for myself and i juz got my licence!!!!:cheeky:

Originally posted by GTSFreak@Jul 16 2005, 05:43 PM

Yeah bro. I expected at least the IU will be there but unfortunately, it was not there. Anyway, I am not surprised leh. My bike already took so long to come out, what else the IU. I had already told them that I want the IU during the order about 2 weeks back, they said ok. Yesterday when I collected the bike, I asked them how long will it take for the IU to come? He told me together with the log card, about 1 week plus to 2 weeks like that. Very the Jia Lat leh like this :nono: I'm lost for words already ah bro.... GIVE UP liaozzz.. And lastly, they even told me "Your Road Tax we cannot give you first, not with us. It is with the agent. But don't worry, Road Tax do already". :faint:

Hahahaha.....have to get use to that if you already pay up. :giddy:

Anyway, ride safe, bro. :smile:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

Originally posted by CrazyBiker@Jul 16 2005, 10:09 PM

:smile: My Uncle juz got a GTS and he told me that this bike is very smooth on handlng better than X9. That dat true bcos me also getting 1 for myself and i juz got my licence!!!!:cheeky:

Good for you, welcome to the house of scooter and enjoy your stay.

Do join our outing once you got your GTS. :smile:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

Guest CrazyBiker
:cheeky: me now looking for a better prices and after sale services i have heard a lot of problems on scooter. since my uncle got dat bike, he keeping saying dat is a very good bike. he used to have a FW plate joyride200. me so confusing. but i love to get GTS bcos the looks is soooo stylio!!!

Originally posted by CrazyBiker@Jul 16 2005, 10:18 PM

:cheeky: me now looking for a better prices and after sale services i have heard a lot of problems on scooter. since my uncle got dat bike, he keeping saying dat is a very good bike. he used to have a FW plate joyride200. me so confusing. but i love to get GTS bcos the looks is soooo stylio!!!

yah, saw roadmaster GTS yesterday evening when we have our scooter outing organise by Boss Brembo at kallang KFC.

GTS indeed a beauty to ride, but since is new on road, the performance will let our GTS bro have a fair review on it.

maybe if possible, a ride to malaysia to test performance as well. :smile:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

Guest CrazyBiker
:confused: So wat and where can get a better deal for??? My uncle got it with trade in his cb400 version s, so he don't fork up more for his downpayment. PLS advise!!! THANKS!

Hi Mark C bro, I was quoted by southen (today) that the machine price of GTS was 5.5K (maybe still alot of hidden cost like GST, football money (contract money) insurance, road tax & IU money..ect..ect). And that fellow say OTR is about 7K (of course my insurance will be very low cause very old laio ma) If conpare to the 8.1 K it super x leh.:cheer:

My present experience. Is the result of my past action

My present action, will be my future experience.

i wonder who it is..........hehehe.

But to me, its $$ well spent. They break up all the prices of the bike, so every single cent i've paid isn't hiddden from me. Its all stated in the receipt.

Originally posted by GTSFreak@Jul 16 2005, 05:43 PM

U check with the shop once again if they realli hav registered IU for u. Also check ur receipt tt hav u paid for the unit with the shop. If havnt, u could register it urself. I'm not sure bout the procedure, but can check with 1800-CALLLTA.

Btw, i juz noticed, thx to some bros in the forum, my IU bracket is quite flimsy. Gonna check out the price for a stainless steel custom made IU bracket for GTS. I heard from a brother the bracket alone cost $100++ . IU cost $150 excl GST.

Originally posted by CrazyBiker@Jul 16 2005, 10:28 PM

:confused: So wat and where can get a better deal for??? My uncle got it with trade in his cb400 version s, so he don't fork up more for his downpayment. PLS advise!!! THANKS!

Patience....all u need is alot of patience n perseverence.

1) survey a few shops in sg, n ask bout the bike's OTR price, n yearly interest. I assume u're in ur early 20s rite?? Insurance is advisable to get at least 2nd party. Most motortiam will take 4-5% interest. If u're lucky, maybe less.

2) to get the bike at a cheaper price, having sum1 whois >31yrz as the owner. U'll save bout $300 on insurance 3nd party, i tink. Premium nowadays look at the age, not riding experience of the owner.

3) pray hard for next mth COE drops. It all depends...........

4) mayb ask ur uncle to bring u to the shop. Who knws the shop can bargain. Buy 1 GTS, n get a 2nd GTS at a discounted rate... hehehe

Thz is wat i can advice for u. Do ur homework on the above points. :goodluck:

Originally posted by EarlyBird@Jul 16 2005, 11:36 PM

Hi Mark C bro, I was quoted by southen (today) that the machine price of GTS was 5.5K (maybe still alot of hidden cost like GST, football money (contract money) insurance, road tax & IU money..ect..ect). And that fellow say OTR is about 7K (of course my insurance will be very low cause very old laio ma) If conpare to the 8.1 K it super x leh.:cheer:

$5.5 k gts machine price?? Sorry bro, but i'm confident enuff its $6k++ machine price. Its written in the receipt. Even re-confirm with the agent bout the machine price.

I've tried to look for the receipt of my bike to give u the exact ammount of the machine price......but it seems i've misplaced it.......... sorry.

Btw, $8.1K is the maximum amount for a $1k down, n 24mths installment with 4% interest. For ur age, i tink u can get

Bros,

Did a top speeed for GTS. At maximum torque of 8K rpm, i've got 110km/hr. But i've blasted the bike, the highest i could go is almost 130km/hr.

I was on the North-south highway earlier today.... a bit of drizzle but i took the chance. I knw its crazy but..... i'm glad i'm still alive. ehehe.

For cruising, its best at 110km/r............

btw, i'm using SPC's semi syn. Honestly, i dunt like the feel of my bike with thz EO. gonna buy mobil 1 gold tomolo...........

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Jul 17 2005, 12:36 AM

Bros,

Did a top speeed for GTS. At maximum torque of 8K rpm, i've got 110km/hr. But i've blasted the bike, the highest i could go is almost 130km/hr.

I was on the North-south highway earlier today.... a bit of drizzle but i took the chance. I knw its crazy but..... i'm glad i'm still alive. ehehe.

For cruising, its best at 110km/r............

110km/h @ 8k

130km/h should be about max rpm

but 130km/h is fantastic my joyride only manage about 120km/h being that it is lighter then GTS:smile:

Scoot for L I F E

Hyosung Aquila 125 -> Joyride 200 -> GTS 200 -> G-MAX 200 -> Adiva AD200

Originally posted by dzqv53@Jul 17 2005, 12:41 AM

110km/h @ 8k

130km/h should be about max rpm

but 130km/h is fantastic my joyride only manage about 120km/h being that it is lighter then GTS:smile:

130km/hr isnt at max rpm. heavy winds n drizzling, too risky. btw, the engine juz loose itz viginity...... so, i would want to force it too hard for now..........

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Jul 17 2005, 12:45 AM

130km/hr isnt at max rpm. heavy winds n drizzling, too risky. btw, the engine juz loose itz viginity...... so, i would want to force it too hard for now..........

Yah be gentle with it

And by the way i don know about mobile 1 gold.

There is an ESSO gold EO thread on some thinning problem that cause some problem to some bike u may want to check it out bro

it's under "Hands On"

I have posted my past experience with ESSO EO there too.

Be safe not sorry

Scoot for L I F E

Hyosung Aquila 125 -> Joyride 200 -> GTS 200 -> G-MAX 200 -> Adiva AD200