SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Runners Cafe 2008 - FXR/VXR/RST

szwd

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey G-Force you seem to know a lot about filters and all?

anyway i've tried the hurricane

so far so good...

riding 06.. fitted a hurricane filter full set

so far so good i guess??

anyway i've asked them your complains and their reason was that your tuning wasnt done by them so they cant control the fuel and air mixture

thus the mileage...

and plus among all 3 available filters... knn, hurricane and malossi,

hurricane's the best for performance right???

oh yah.. anyway did your carburator kenah dust??

so far never leh... lol

and really 120's really too little isnt it the mileage...

plus malossi's filters only one stupid sponge la dont have mesh

haha hope you dont get offended but your carburetor wasnt set by the mechanics at mach speed motor right cause i've been looking around and looks like only they're the only one;s that's selling it?

well.. thats life right? no sacrifice, no victory? Open pods only give more air.

so its up to the balance of air and fuel. No carb change? like that your

open pod will not be fully maximised..

Bro, people change to open pod filters to maximize the carb not the other way round.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

Yesssshhh bro, indeed hurricane open port is good for drag race ONLY not for road use due to fuel comsumption, i have already tried the hurricane open port, the pick up is superb, but u need to get the proper tuning to get the result buttttttt be prepare to burn a big hole in yr pocket if u still wana continue using it, 120km to 150km fuel finish liao...

This hurricane filter is like our carburator not using any filter, if u don't belive me u try to take out yr hurricane filter & test yr bike, the power is the same...

The advantage of hurricane open port is dust will enter yr carburator freely cause it only have very fine mesh filter thats all & this will tends to clog yr carburator, to compare to malossi & knn filter it consist of fine mesh filter & a layer of sponge like material to filter the air so that only clean air enter the carburator...

For the tachometer it will cost u $90

In drag races, the dun use filters. they use a bell mouth.

Bitubo suspension the best...but way toooooo expensive

lots of alternatives. some need modification some plug and play

Depends on what kinda effect you wanna achieve..

Mod-ed Ride.. Mod-ed Rider....

2007 - Gilera Runner SP180 (FS 3139T)

2007-2008 - Honda Phantom 200 (FV1428G)

2008-2009 - Honda Super 4 Spec 1 (FT 9543P)

2009-2010 - Kia Cerato Forte (SJS 4772K)

2010 ~ Present - Honda Civic VTi-S ES1 1.7M (SKA 543*Z)

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x275/1Seth1_FXRSP/edit.jpg

hey G-Force you seem to know a lot about filters and all?

anyway i've tried the hurricane

so far so good...

riding 06.. fitted a hurricane filter full set

so far so good i guess??

anyway i've asked them your complains and their reason was that your tuning wasnt done by them so they cant control the fuel and air mixture

thus the mileage...

and plus among all 3 available filters... knn, hurricane and malossi,

hurricane's the best for performance right???

There's a lot of filter out there in the market, recently i had heard bout the dragon filter....my bike lst time was being handle by mach mechanic, i bought the filter from them & they did the tunning for me, indeed the performance wise was much more better then knn & malossi...

Nope my carburator did not clog or have dust in it, decide to change back to knn, prevention is better then something bad happen bro...

Different mechanics will say different things, the best is to do research ourself, listen to people talk sometimes can makes us fikle minded & btw bro sheep whats a bell mouth, i don't know leh, nvr seen one before ah, can describe more whats that ah cause i only go to illegal drag race only lah, nvr get the chance to see whats a bell mouth ah...

I accept my circumstances, but i don't accept defeat...

RBGC Singapore chapter

:gun:

Bro, people change to open pod filters to maximize the carb not the other way round.

True.. But an open pod on a stock carb ain't gonna do much right? Thats

what i've always thought.. Please correct me if i'm wrong. XD

Yesssshhh bro, indeed hurricane open port is good for drag race ONLY not for road use due to fuel comsumption, i have already tried the hurricane open port, the pick up is superb, but u need to get the proper tuning to get the result buttttttt be prepare to burn a big hole in yr pocket if u still wana continue using it, 120km to 150km fuel finish liao...

This hurricane filter is like our carburator not using any filter, if u don't belive me u try to take out yr hurricane filter & test yr bike, the power is the same...

The advantage of hurricane open port is dust will enter yr carburator freely cause it only have very fine mesh filter thats all & this will tends to clog yr carburator, to compare to malossi & knn filter it consist of fine mesh filter & a layer of sponge like material to filter the air so that only clean air enter the carburator...

For the tachometer it will cost u $90

Hi Bro ur concept of air filters r rather funny.

1st Im wondering y will juz an air filter affect the FC to such a huge diff.

2nd If the filter works like not using any filter at all n due to itz design it lets dust n other particles goes in to the carb easily as it advantage, it sound rather funny

3rd Malossi n K&N filters hav mesh n sponge to filter the incoming air free of particles so it is good or bad when it is working like an air filter shld??

After reading so much abt this hurricane filter, IMHO itz a crap product especially when it calls itself an air filter wifout filtering the air n I guess itz not something cheap.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

Bitubo suspension the best...but way toooooo expensive

bitubo is only a mid range product in the world of runner especially the model which is selling n widly used locally

Toking abt price it still reasonable but of coz being VXR means u hav to buy 1 pair

Hi guys... was wondering why whenever i depress my front brake, i can hear 'zzz... zzz..zzzz...' sound?

N how to adjust the suspension to a correct position...? Everytime i try, it's either too soft or hard....

rear shock adjustable preload only...u can only tighten or loosen..

the zzz.zzz.zz sound is rather normal juz go n clean ur caliper n pads wearing out..till u hear metal scratching sound mean u better change ur pads

2nd If the filter works like not using any filter at all n due to itz design it lets dust n other particles goes in to the carb easily as it advantage, it sound rather funny

3rd Malossi n K&N filters hav mesh n sponge to filter the incoming air free of particles so it is good or bad when it is working like an air filter shld??

After reading so much abt this hurricane filter, IMHO itz a crap product especially when it calls itself an air filter wifout filtering the air n I guess itz not something cheap.

From what i know, a mechanic told me that the performance of hurricane filter is the same like u nvr use any filter at all cause the filter design is totally empty inside, no sponge nothing, except very fine mesh to block particles such as stones, sands & unwanted items from going into the carburator...

To me if were to use this filter on the road for travelling wise will be no for me, i rather trap the dust then collecting dust inside my carburator....

For price wise its quite cheap bro, it cost around $50 last time...

RBGC Singapore chapter

From what i know, a mechanic told me that the performance of hurricane filter is the same like u nvr use any filter at all cause the filter design is totally empty inside, no sponge nothing, except very fine mesh to block particles such as stones, sands & unwanted items from going into the carburator...

To me if were to use this filter on the road for travelling wise will be no for me, i rather trap the dust then collecting dust inside my carburator....

For price wise its quite cheap bro, it cost around $50 last time...

go to LAB aka Lim ah boy u can get this kinda filter at a even cheap price like $20++...

My advice is dun listening so much from the mechs lah..these ppl may know how to fix ur ride but product knowledge is limited also..the only way to find out is to try out different products urself.

Sales tok is common...every single shop will sure hardsell their own products

Advertisting on this product also limited, never be able to find other sources of comment over the net..it might be really gd which u will nv know but at time to spend wisely use products which r tested proven by many (meaning ppl all over the world) not juz a grp of 5-10 riders

any one hellp me??? Its accelaration very slow, fuel consumption went up. This all happen after i did my full service. Anyone can enlighten me?

Gilera Runner 06` 04/07 - 11/07

Toyota Axio- 11/07 - 02/08

Mitsubishi Lancer Ex - Current to ??/??

Honda Cb400 Vtec 1 06/08 - 02/09

CBR600RR '08 12/09 to ????

Should the air not be filtered, what is going into your carb is raw air.

Hence, all the dust particles will be going straight into the block.

This will cause the bike to break down due to a build up of carbon.

The air filter should not affect your FC by such a substantial amount.

This should be caused by incorrect or improper tuning.

go to LAB aka Lim ah boy u can get this kinda filter at a even cheap price like $20++...

My advice is dun listening so much from the mechs lah..these ppl may know how to fix ur ride but product knowledge is limited also..the only way to find out is to try out different products urself.

Sales tok is common...every single shop will sure hardsell their own products

Advertisting on this product also limited, never be able to find other sources of comment over the net..it might be really gd which u will nv know but at time to spend wisely use products which r tested proven by many (meaning ppl all over the world) not juz a grp of 5-10 riders

Go to lim ah boy treasure chest can kena stoke sak later :cheeky:

Agree with what u say bro, do the research ourself, did the test bout the hurricane filter, true enough the power is the same with or without the filter...

As long got transport to move around thats good enough, if wana thrill for better speed switch to bigger bikes dah :cool:

RBGC Singapore chapter

any one hellp me??? Its accelaration very slow, fuel consumption went up. This all happen after i did my full service. Anyone can enlighten me?

Bro.. your belt needs time to run in. So as what spy & sheep always say,

wack like to tomorrow! Apart from that, could also be your rollers.

Did you take note of what roller weight you were using previously?

Your FC will surely go up as you are trying to attain that kinda speed that you previously

could hit. Thats could be one of the reasons why your FC increased.

Maybe yr belting is not season yet, roller size, spark plug....

RBGC Singapore chapter

run quite long already. 700kn i think. roller is the same stock ones Blue colour

Gilera Runner 06` 04/07 - 11/07

Toyota Axio- 11/07 - 02/08

Mitsubishi Lancer Ex - Current to ??/??

Honda Cb400 Vtec 1 06/08 - 02/09

CBR600RR '08 12/09 to ????