SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Runners Cafe 2008 - FXR/VXR/RST

szwd

sounds quite bad sia..

eh.don't like dat la....isey...hope its not as bad as it sounds lah..hahaha...will go for check up once my pay is in...btw thanks bros...:p

376747_10150445940699560_19154214559_8173274_1306091283_n.jpg

Once an Italian. Always an Italian.

Senyum-Senyum Selalu...:D

FiR.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

eh.don't like dat la....isey...hope its not as bad as it sounds lah..hahaha...will go for check up once my pay is in...btw thanks bros...:p

no i mean like sounds dangerous.. like ur fork can jam like dat.. ride safely for the time being! :thumb:

-death is a promise from god at birth-

-everyone dies, but only some lived-

What is your fork? Inverted fork or conventional fork?

Inverted fork, Throw away

Conventional fork, get it serviced.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6791/raceway02vu1.jpg

conventional fork

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9165/scoot02gx3.jpg

inverted fork

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

conventional fork

inverted fork

Any difference in performance for both?

Leave the racing in the track

Orlando85

My bikes: 1st: Yamaha TZR 2nd: Honda CG 125

3rd: Hasquvana SM 125 4th: Kawa KRR

5th: Yamaha X1 6th: Suzuki GSX 400

7th: Gilera VXR 8th: Suzuki K4 750

9th: Honda CBR150 Now: KTM 200, RX-K

My cars: 1st: Mitsubishi Lancer GLX

Now: Honda Airwave

conventional fork

inverted fork

ouh...ic...mine is conventional fork then..!!:cheeky:

so the answer is go for servicing...!!!:bouncefire:

Thanks sheep..!!!:thumb:

376747_10150445940699560_19154214559_8173274_1306091283_n.jpg

Once an Italian. Always an Italian.

Senyum-Senyum Selalu...:D

FiR.

been riding my VXR Gilera for about 7 months and for the past month i had difficulty starting up my bike 2 twice. There is ignition but the engine just cannot start so after about 3 tries and the battery flat. My bike millage about 6000km and just did a servicing. 1st starting problem was before the 6k servicing. Went to checkup at bike shop with no water in fuel tank, changed the spark plug to iridium and tweak the air/fuel ratio but still difficult to start. Anyone has similar encounter? Anyway to resolve the problem? Normally how long you guys pressed on the start button?? Any help would be very much appreiciated.

been riding my VXR Gilera for about 7 months and for the past month i had difficulty starting up my bike 2 twice. There is ignition but the engine just cannot start so after about 3 tries and the battery flat. My bike millage about 6000km and just did a servicing. 1st starting problem was before the 6k servicing. Went to checkup at bike shop with no water in fuel tank, changed the spark plug to iridium and tweak the air/fuel ratio but still difficult to start. Anyone has similar encounter? Anyway to resolve the problem? Normally how long you guys pressed on the start button?? Any help would be very much appreiciated.

After 3 tries only and battery goes flat? Have you got your battery replaced and try again? Another advise, be careful especially on using iridium spark plugs as there are some cases whereby some iridium spark plug causes the combustion at very high temperatures and leading to damaged piston. But that doesn't mean you can't use iridium spark plug, but just check with the shop if it's REALLY suitable for your bike.

[

I supposed you have bought a brand new bike. Why not bring it to Piaggio centre for a check? When I got mine for not even 2 days, the engine kept dieing off. In the end tow to their workshop and they found some tube from the engine was not secured well. Since then everything was history.

For now I can start with 2-3 tries. Usually I leave it running till the temperature gauge become two bars before i proceed to my destination. I practice this even if I stop my bike for 3 hours.

Class 2B: 11 May 2001 | Class 2A: 06 Oct 2009 | Class 2: 21 Dec 2010

Class 3 : 26 Sep 2003 | Forklift Licence: 06 Dec 2005

2001-2001 : Honda NSR SP 150

2002-2002 : Honda XR 200

2005-2005 : Honda Wave 125S

2006-2006 : Honda TA200

2008-2010 : Gilera VXR 200

2011-2014 : Honda Cbr 600

2014-Current: Yamaha FZ1S

2010-Current: Kia Picanto OPC

After 3 tries only and battery goes flat? Have you got your battery replaced and try again? Another advise, be careful especially on using iridium spark plugs as there are some cases whereby some iridium spark plug causes the combustion at very high temperatures and leading to damaged piston. But that doesn't mean you can't use iridium spark plug, but just check with the shop if it's REALLY suitable for your bike.

i believe the spark plug should be fine as i changed it at one of the more popular scooter shop in kallang. havent replace my battery as there is cranking so i believe the battery should be working fine as my battery is only as old as my bike.

I supposed you have bought a brand new bike. Why not bring it to Piaggio centre for a check? When I got mine for not even 2 days, the engine kept dieing off. In the end tow to their workshop and they found some tube from the engine was not secured well. Since then everything was history.

For now I can start with 2-3 tries. Usually I leave it running till the temperature gauge become two bars before i proceed to my destination. I practice this even if I stop my bike for 3 hours.

yes its a bought it brand new. most likely will call piaggio tomorrow and ask them to tow. by the way whats the normal idling rpm for gilera? mine was about 1.6-1.8k. is it normal?

yeah about there. anyway it is brand new, call them up.

Class 2B: 11 May 2001 | Class 2A: 06 Oct 2009 | Class 2: 21 Dec 2010

Class 3 : 26 Sep 2003 | Forklift Licence: 06 Dec 2005

2001-2001 : Honda NSR SP 150

2002-2002 : Honda XR 200

2005-2005 : Honda Wave 125S

2006-2006 : Honda TA200

2008-2010 : Gilera VXR 200

2011-2014 : Honda Cbr 600

2014-Current: Yamaha FZ1S

2010-Current: Kia Picanto OPC

I have problems too starting my VXR.. after a few trys then it comes to life

Orlando85

Any difference in performance for both?

inverted comes as a stock fork for 2 strokes runner ... many says its crap and change to the 4 stroke stock fork. therefore wat u haf is a better 1.. if u wanna haf better handling than ur current 1, u can change to a f32s or f36r, the latter is a higher end fork from malossi so it command a premium price.actually f32s oso dun come cheap.. i've yet to see sum1 using a f36r, check with desmond(winjing) if interested.

i believe the spark plug should be fine as i changed it at one of the more popular scooter shop in kallang. havent replace my battery as there is cranking so i believe the battery should be working fine as my battery is only as old as my bike.

your bike is new... so the battery is assumed to be new.

there is cranking sound... but if the voltage is too low... it wont start the engine...

just go check the voltage regulator voltage and your battery voltage.

'Il rettilineo è una tortura'

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport0055cy6.gif ...... http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport011.gif

Hi guys. Just gotten a 2nd hand VXR yesterday and got a question already! :lol:

Currently there's a pair of really tiny mirrors on the bike which isn't useful. Wanted to fit the original mirrors that the previous owner gave me but after removing the windshield and tiny mirrors, can't seem to bolt in the stock mirrors.

The tiny mirrors is attached to the threaded stems via a very tall hex shaped "adaptor" that is too tall for the stock mirrors. Am I missing something here?

Thanx!

did u tune ur carb for the increased air intake?

if you didn't you are leaning out ur A/F ratio.

A lean A/F ratio will give u a better pull effect. but ur top is like crap

got tune la at taihin but duno gd anot...top still ok lor...pickup gd sound nice lo...hee :cheeky:

My Runner

http://w3.bikepics.com/pics/2008%5C07%5C25%5Cbikepics-1364105-full.jpg

No la not rich la... u make me blush :cheeky: I'm just lucky to get good deals, know some lobang and very very thrifty hahaha...

I sell cars mah!!

wah like that i ORD must look for u for jobs liao...haha

My Runner

http://w3.bikepics.com/pics/2008%5C07%5C25%5Cbikepics-1364105-full.jpg

inverted comes as a stock fork for 2 strokes runner ... many says its crap and change to the 4 stroke stock fork. therefore wat u haf is a better 1.. if u wanna haf better handling than ur current 1, u can change to a f32s or f36r, the latter is a higher end fork from malossi so it command a premium price.actually f32s oso dun come cheap.. i've yet to see sum1 using a f36r, check with desmond(winjing) if interested.

Hmm noted.. wonder if he accept trade in since my fork is still good.. Nieway anyone know roughly the price of a full body kit? I'm thinking of changing frm red to black

Orlando85