SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Burgmans Cafe 2008 - K1 to K7

Brembo

Originally posted by william_liu@March 29, 2007 11:46 am

What was it previously? Could it be the K&N air filter? Did you install it correctly??

:sweat:

Well, lets see..... i average at about 25km/l usually. After i installed it 1st tank was 25+ then went up to 27+ then dropped to 24+ and now 23.

I think i installed it correctly.... dun think that there is another way to install it right? :cheeky:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by william_liu@March 29, 2007 11:54 am

What's the pricing like? :sweat:

Haha..... not expensive don't worry, cheaper than Philips Vision Plus i think(btw how much is it ah? :cheeky: ). But i need to wait for the order to arrive and test it out 1st before release it. Don't want to talk here talk there then end up got nothing to show for it.

If interested let me know and when the bulbs arrive i'll test it out then contact those that are interested.

I replied the Vision Plus price in your other thread.

Anyway the K&N did you check it's installed reversed...? :giddy:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by william_liu@March 29, 2007 01:18 pm

I replied the Vision Plus price in your other thread.

Anyway the K&N did you check it's installed reversed...? :giddy:

Wahaha..... dun tink so bah... but i'll check it again later when i meet my fren at workshop. Shun bian get my mech to look look at the tranny for me.

Anyway, the price i got for the silverstar is cheaper than the vision plus price you mentioned by about 25%. Thats y i'm abit skeptical about it. Need to review it myself 1st before i release to anyone else. :cheeky:

There's an Osram dealer near my house, Bukit Batok Industrial Park there I think (always see the signboard when I'm on PIE)

See if I free one of these days to drop by bah.... :sweat:

But if your price is really that good, I think more worth it!

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Fellow mates, check with you how much does ur oil can filter cost n which spare part shop do u get from. thks in advance.

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778

Can try KS Motor (Jalan Besar) if you plan to DIY.... if not I think most scooter shops will be able to get for you bah.

As for price the one for 400 cost around 11~12 bucks for the OEM one, 15~18 fot the K&N one? Forgot actual prices liao....

Originally posted by william_liu@April 01, 2007 04:42 pm

Can try KS Motor (Jalan Besar) if you plan to DIY.... if not I think most scooter shops will be able to get for you bah.

As for price the one for 400 cost around 11~12 bucks for the OEM one, 15~18 fot the K&N one? Forgot actual prices liao....

$7 nia.... :D

Originally posted by ah_huats@April 01, 2007 09:25 pm

K&N add another $3 to that ...

And where to get K&N for that price?

Think we can add KS details on the first post.. Also the website that William posted the other time, where u can find the part and parts number for our bikes.. Anything eles to add? Once we complie it den maybe PM mods to edit 1st post..

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

Originally posted by Terrible One@April 02, 2007 07:36 pm

And where to get K&N for that price?

Think we can add KS details on the first post.. Also the website that William posted the other time, where u can find the part and parts number for our bikes.. Anything eles to add? Once we complie it den maybe PM mods to edit 1st post..

just to clear up...

i meant $7 + $3 .

If not wrong shld be at eversuccess, Bigcow got it for mi the last time.

Sorry ah I not that good at remembering prices! :sweat:

:cry: Haha... careless me.... i ordered the wrong bulbs haha... ended up with the non-silverstar ones from Osram.

Gd or not you guys decide. Check out the comparison below. I won't say which is which. You guys try guessing. I can't tell the difference thou...... :cheeky:

Anyway, if you guys want to try the Osram silverstar we can group order together. Will cost about $30 inclusive of shipping thou.

post-31-1175612207.jpg

Yah, I also think it's the right hand side one... :sweat:

Anyway Arcfire bro, I don't mind ordering one set. Let me know if you want me to transfer the $$$ to you.

Originally posted by william_liu@April 04, 2007 11:28 am

Yah, I also think it's the right hand side one... :sweat:

Anyway Arcfire bro, I don't mind ordering one set. Let me know if you want me to transfer the $$$ to you.

Ok... but we'll need more than 3 orders for the price of $30 to be effective.

I'm considering an MO for the bulbs but the hassle of collecting money and distribution is making me think twice whether its worth all the trouble.

Guys, i've just started an mo for the osram bulbs.

Still pending approval so keep a lookout for it. Prices are $30 for H4 and $40 for H7.

Never see the MO yet leh... :sweat:

Out liao, I added my name liao :sweat:

Anyone else interested in the Osram bulbs?

Originally posted by CallsignDragon@April 09, 2007 11:18 pm

:smile: New owner of the Burgman 400...

Any suggestion, on running in of this new bike...bros

:cheeky:

did u brought the K7 ??

Run in i think it describle in the manual... not very sure how to run in cos i haven gotten any 1st hand bike myself :sian:

Originally posted by CallsignDragon@April 09, 2007 11:18 pm

:smile: New owner of the Burgman 400...

Any suggestion, on running in of this new bike...bros

:cheeky:

Welcome! For running in, just some of my personal opinions, the most important things to take note are:

1) If possible, shorten the interval of the first oil + oil filter change. This will ensure any impurities in the engine is removed. Use mineral or semi-synthetic oil as fully synthetic during the running in is 'overkill' and prevents the engine surfaces from 'mating' properly.

2) Try to vary the RPM while travelling. This will be much better than holding a constant RPM for long distance (highway running in) as it allows the engine to rev through its range. No specific RPMs to keep to, just make sure engine is warmed up a bit before moving off and of course avoid red-lining.

3) Think 2~3,000kms ought to be more than enough for running in. Finally, enjoy the ride and be extra careful while getting used to the bike!

Hope this helps! :smile: