SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings Cafe 2008 - JDM/Euro 400/600

CCK

found these few vids at youtube on SW's variator... informative for newbies (e.g. myself) to scooter CVT transmission

CVT explained

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cvt2.htm

SW400 euro model... note the diff in engine rev when speedo goes up to 120, 140, 160

stock

after mod

HI any idea what they do to improve the belting , sound a lot smooth to me and faster response when it hit 120 km/h onward , pls pm for the info . thank you .

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah, what exactly did they mod, they can attain top speed and even run out meter ?

how i wish my wing can shoot up that fast.:angel:

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

HI any idea what they do to improve the belting , sound a lot smooth to me and faster response when it hit 120 km/h onward , pls pm for the info . thank you .

what you see in the youtube clip is done on the main stand... actual riding on the road will produce very different results due to physics and dynamics in action; some examples of factors that will "impair" performance are friction from the floor/tyre contact, wheel & bearings, mass of bike & rider(s), energy loss due to vibrations and "other" movements, wind resistance, road conditions (straightness, flatness, gradients), etc.

the video clips are from european source and it seems the malossi multivar kit is very popular there (reading from their scoot forums)... that could be it. bike could also be using kevlar belts. changing to heavier rollers can also improve top end performance (higher speeds at lower rpm) but gotta the sacrifice low end. compare the 2 clips and note the various rpm at 120, 140 & 160 kph. haven't heard of a product that can improve both ends other than changing to SW600 :D

From Aprillaforum:

The Malossi Multivar 2000 Variator was the very first mod i made to my NRG PureJet. It was a GREAT! improvement, with a smoother,linear,more consistant acceleration,and can also be described as feeling more powerful, by way of more 'torque' feeling throughout.This i love!

But i can only comment on this improvement from my original Piaggio variator perspective,and that maybe the Aprilia's is closer to the Multivar.

The Multivar uses 19 x 15.5 size rollers, and is delivered with 7.2gram rollers and a white contra spring, for both NRG PureJet & SR50 Factory. This set-up was perfect for my bike,and proved to me that Malossi did their homework.

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

heard that chiap lee is the distributor for mhr but interestly, their prices are higher than outside. i bought my mhr $10 cheaper at 299.

where's 299?

i know 219 @ Lavender St also selling mhr helmets..

ride safe today,ride again tomorrow

where's 299?

i know 219 @ Lavender St also selling mhr helmets..

oops... 219 not 299 (error) :cheeky: i bought at the jln besar outlet

btw, also found out they carry the OWS twin iridium sparkies

~

Trips:

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

oops... 219 not 299 (error) :cheeky: i bought at the jln besar outlet

btw, also found out they carry the OWS twin iridium sparkies

ah..that jln besar outlet selling mhr @ a lower price ya??

talked to a silverwing rider (FBC plate) at management house SIM this afternoon.. if you are that rider reading this, nice talking to you..

is he call nick???? hehhehehe Frenly chap ya?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

I just got my bike recently~ Heh heh... Its a Black color SWing~

hey man congrats, black SW is a :thumb: colour~! may it help you in escaping from Shinra. :cool:

Honda Phantom TA200: Sep 04 - Dec 05

Ducati Monster M400: Dec 05 - Feb 07

Honda Silverwing FJS400D: Feb 07 - Jan 09

Honda Shadow 400: Nov 10 - Dec 11

Aprilia SR Max 300ie: Jul 12 - Mar 15

hey man congrats, black SW is a :thumb: colour~! may it help you in escaping from Shinra. :cool:

Kwak Kwak.... I guess I will... Kwak~

Honda Phantom TA200 - Sep 2005 to Jun 2008

Honda Silverwing - Jun 2008 to Jun 2009

Honda CBF150 - Jun 2009 and Beyond

Honor God, Ride Safely...

hi peeps

what do you use to maintain the black black pvc dashboard and plastic parts below it? waxed my deepblue yesterday about didn't know what to do for the blackies.

any weather proof products that can keep it black and shiny without showing "tears" or "white spots" when it rains?

~

Trips:

hi peeps

what do you use to maintain the black black pvc dashboard and plastic parts below it? waxed my deepblue yesterday about didn't know what to do for the blackies.

any weather proof products that can keep it black and shiny without showing "tears" or "white spots" when it rains?

most products do create white spots.

it a matter of which product can last longer.

the white spot is created due to prolong rain which wash away the product.

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

oh you can try the cockpit shine, maxima SC1 and or use those tires shine product.

but do take note. this product will tend to stick down on them..

hi peeps

Use a bike cover when not in use also can help to reduce the chance of it happening I guess...

:cheeky:

~It's Not About Winning, It's About Giving Your Best~

Use a bike cover when not in use also can help to reduce the chance of it happening I guess...

:cheeky:

unless your canvas is waterproof..

mine is LAB wash still get through:cry:

let say i wanna buy a silver wing ?

what problem should i take care of ?

will there be any problem for the first 3 years?

whats the market price now for a silver wing ?

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/77/77526gyu9jzwzn3.gif

i am a just a cute fox with nine tails

hi peeps

u can try using this product..personally felt it's :thumb:

Hi-Glaze 88 Protectant

hi peeps

I use a Autoglym product, works quite well, sorry I don't have the exact porduct name right now (its in my underseat storage). When poured its like a green yucky liquid.

Honda Phantom TA200: Sep 04 - Dec 05

Ducati Monster M400: Dec 05 - Feb 07

Honda Silverwing FJS400D: Feb 07 - Jan 09

Honda Shadow 400: Nov 10 - Dec 11

Aprilia SR Max 300ie: Jul 12 - Mar 15

I use a Autoglym product, works quite well, sorry I don't have the exact porduct name right now (its in my underseat storage). When poured its like a green yucky liquid.

it bumper care.

damn sticky....

hahahah