SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings Cafe 2008 - JDM/Euro 400/600

CCK

wow..

you sure you can achieve 25km/L??

that damn good.

mine is like 23km/L

so i assume your last bar of your fuel gauge will only start to blink at 312.5KM??

Warm up the bike a little and move off gently at all the stops.... :)

No magic formulas unless u belief those mod justification stuff.... :faint:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine was also around there nia... until i fitted the PA/grounding :D

2 rounds of top-up showed i achieved 24.6km/L. FC could be better if not for running 140kph over few kms in johore, blowing soot and also wanted to know how it feels on a SWing... fabulous:lovestruck:

that is because you travel on expressway all the way..

which will result a better fuel comsumption

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

mine was also around there nia... until i fitted the PA/grounding :D

2 rounds of top-up showed i achieved 24.6km/L. FC could be better if not for running 140kph over few kms in johore, blowing soot and also wanted to know how it feels on a SWing... fabulous:lovestruck:

I have the PA2, rollers and multivar stuff, iridium plugs, KNN air filter (think this is the brand as I have changed quite a fair bit)...... just to name some.... :cheeky:

Probably u can try the PA2 as the engine brake is gentler after this add-on as well. :p

Lastly..... no speeding like 140 yet.....:angel:

Warm up the bike a little and move off gently at all the stops.... :)

No magic formulas unless u belief those mod justification stuff.... :faint:

i do warm up my bike everyday.

hahaha

:cry: :cry:

i had nvn hit 24km/l :cry: :cry:

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

I have the PA2, rollers and multivar stuff, iridium plugs, KNN air filter (think this is the brand as I have changed quite a fair bit)...... just to name some.... :cheeky:

Probably u can try the PA2 as the engine brake is gentler after this add-on as well. :p

what roller are you using??

I am using Polini Speed Control and original 21g rollers. :p

any differences??

Have u mod any stuff yet? Probably this may be the answer if u have not.....

It will indirectly proof that the mod works o_O

nope..

nvn mod only cosmetic

any differences??

The original Polini rollers are those 28g ones and it is too heavy for the 400cc Wing. In US the 28g ones are meant for the 600cc version and with consultation from Tai Hin guys, they have advised me to lower it to the 21g (according to them, this is the lowest I can go) to achieve better pick up. :thumb:

The original Polini rollers are those 28g ones and it is too heavy for the 400cc Wing. In US the 28g ones are meant for the 600cc version and with consultation from Tai Hin guys, they have advised me to lower it to the 21g (according to them, this is the lowest I can go) to achieve better pick up. :thumb:

so what is the top speed you ever hit??

mine is like 170 with down slope!!

with stock condition...

i changed the KNN filter..

no differences except the fuel consumption (which is worse!!!)

i do warm up my bike everyday.

hahaha

:cry: :cry:

i had nvn hit 24km/l :cry: :cry:

Like the other bro has mentioned, it also depends on the road u use. If u use more of the expressway than normal road, the FC will definitely improves too. :p

so what is the top speed you ever hit??

mine is like 170 with down slope!!

with stock condition...

i changed the KNN filter..

no differences except the fuel consumption (which is worse!!!)

I am old uncle.... have never exceeded 120 yet..... :cheeky:

The change to rollers weight definitely changes how the bike response. You may wish to try this. FYI, when i hit, 120, I have not pull the throttle all the way yet.... guess it should easily have another 20+ more to go.

wow..

you sure you can achieve 25km/L??

that damn good.

mine is like 23km/L

so i assume your last bar of your fuel gauge will only start to blink at 312.5KM??

bro, u can hit 23km/L very good le. seeing and hearing the way u ride..... hehe.......

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

Like the other bro has mentioned, it also depends on the road u use. If u use more of the expressway than normal road, the FC will definitely improves too. :p

not exactly. those that went Thailand with me, before 200km their fuel gauge start blinking liao. they were traveling between 130km/hr to 160km/hr

TEAM RedBull Singapore

that is because you travel on expressway all the way..

which will result a better fuel comsumption

it is important to compare apple to apple... my pre-installation fc is based on sg daily usage & to/fro work, so comparison should be based on data from similar usage patterns... can only get more conclusive info using longer periods of similar patterned data :cool:

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

it is important to compare apple to apple... my pre-installation fc is based on sg daily usage & to/fro work, so comparison should be based on data from similar usage patterns... can only get more conclusive info using longer periods of similar patterned data :cool:

so your 24.6km/l is also daily usage?

because you say you blasted in JB.

so i thought you went for a long trip.

... PA2, rollers and multivar stuff, iridium plugs, KNN air filter ...

Probably u can try the PA2 ...

sorry about my typo, i got the PA2 not PA :p

will try the iridium plugs when the current ones are due for change but don't think i'll do the knn thingy

I am old uncle.... have never exceeded 120 yet.....

The change to rollers weight definitely changes how the bike response.

hmmm... in sg, how old would one be when he is classified as old uncle? just curious ;)

~

Trips:

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

sorry about my typo, i got the PA2 not PA :p

will try the iridium plugs when the current ones are due for change but don't think i'll do the knn thingy

hmmm... in sg, how old would one be when he is classified as old uncle? just curious ;)

when he has got white hair? haha.......

TEAM RedBull Singapore

when he has got white hair? haha.......

white hair 不准 one lah... you saw my white head right, i not yet uncle leh :cheeky:

~

Trips:

white hair 不准 one lah... you saw my white head right, i not yet uncle leh :cheeky:

relax bro. joking with u nia. nice chatting with u today.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

relax bro. joking with u nia. nice chatting with u today.

no worries... kidding too :cool:

it was nice riding and chatting with you too... and big thanks for helping the organiser to keep us safe during the trip, despite being sick :thumb:

~

Trips:

no worries... kidding too :cool:

it was nice riding and chatting with you too... and big thanks for helping the organiser to keep us safe during the trip, despite being sick :thumb:

no prob. i just like to help. those that deserve to be help. haha........

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Lastly..... no speeding like 140 yet.....:angel:

Ehh.... 师兄, wats PA2 ar? How much and where to install? :cheeky:

Sounds good leh... :p

And so many other things to install ar? how much all together? =\

~It's Not About Winning, It's About Giving Your Best~

Ehh.... 师兄, wats PA2 ar? How much and where to install? :cheeky:

Sounds good leh... :p

check out the previous postings. its there

TEAM RedBull Singapore