SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

yamaha dragstar

bo mai lah

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Fatboy71,

I ride a dragstar 1100. The fuel consumtion for cruising at 100-120km is

16km/l but if you go faster it really starts to drink, not sure exacty how much maybe 13km/l. Top speed is 170km/hr. Fuel tank a little small at 14l.

Its a comfortable ride. Cannot compare to the 400, I used to ride a Shadow 400. The power it increadibly nice, as you twist the throtle the bike just flys all the way to 140km with ease.

But without a winshield the wind factor starts to make it uncomfortable. This leads to you next point. 3rd party accessories are difficult to come by here in Singapore. Even Hong Leong doesn't stock anything, have to order. Anyone know where I might be able to get some pipes for the 1100?

Hope this was informative.

AngMo.

Yo bro, FYi Rosli the mekanik got a Royalstar windshield n he's selling. it can fit ur DS 1100. Why not go to his workshop n chek it out. Price nego wif him.

Yo bro, FYi Rosli the mekanik got a Royalstar windshield n he's selling. it can fit ur DS 1100. Why not go to his workshop n chek it out. Price nego wif him.

hmmmm as long as its not mine can liao.. cos my royalstar windshield is at rosli as well..... better check properly......

I . L . T . N . N

anyway.... i also paiseh to put there for so long... will go on monday take back from him la.... still got my pipes as well..... paiseh huh ros......put there so long.....:p

I . L . T . N . N

http://images.motorcyclecruiser.com/features/123_0502_Custom_06z+Yamaha_VStar_650+Full_Right_Side_View.jpg

Hey, Armofpeace an inspiration to mod ur Midnight star. Well maybe as close as u can get lah.

Hi hi...SgStarRider...Thanks bro...Saw it too, cool ain't it???...Anyway, mine is already at Abang Rosli's workshop and i've asked him to give me a quotation for the heavy duty job first, the rest will come after as i won't be fully functional to ride until i get my wires out which is scheduled for another surgery next month bro...Cheers...

:cool:

I'll check out the windshield at Rosli. Not really looking for one at the moment but if price is right will get it.

What I really really want are some pipes that will make my bike sound like a real bike. Its so quiet! People who see my bike ask me to start it for them to hear, pai seh la, start then anti climax.

Someone on this forum mention that he got LTA aproved pipes for his Drag1100, but he wouldn't tll me where he got them from.

Any help?

Hi bro sgstarrider,

Thanks for the response. I've only ridden a Road King when it comes to a metric cruiser. That was only for about 2 weeks in the US this year. I ride a Silverwing 400 but love touring. Getting old so I thought a cruiser would be better. I started out with the Honda Custom 125 15 yrs ago and also rode Honda Phantom 150 and 200 before. But after that it's all the way scooters.

Of course my dream is to own a Harley tourer, but too expensive and a bit overkill to get 1.4L bike and then hope to use it dual purpose (touring and everyday).

I am definitely checking out the XVS1100 and 1300. Now deciding which is better: shaft driven or belt. I know the Vstar 1300 is newer technology but it costs about 3K more when I checked at motortiams. But I think good thing is got Yamaha original accessories for the 1300. Will give some more time for myself (maybe until Dec when have more money coming from year-end bonus).

Thanks for your advice!! :thumb:

Bro, if u wanna change those accessories no problem. But only get from the US websites cos local dun have lah. Unless u custom make with sengkwang.

The ride feel like the dragstar 400 classic model, if ever ride one. Only that the 1100 gives u more Horsepower. FC wise shud be slightly more than the 400 dragstar lah. Bigger cc mah.

Check out this website for some ideas http://www.650ccnd.com

If u ever bought it, pls do a shout out here bro. Enjoyz. :thumb:

Hi bro AngMo,

Thanks. Hmmmm... 16km/l, that's going to be an issue for me... I do have a rather trigger happy right wrist :cheeky:

But of course I realise that cruisers are not meant for speeding, but i would have thought it'd be more like 19-20km/l.

But I don't doubt the comfort. And the looks. Even when I look at the Vstar and XVS, the XVS appeals more to me with the more traditional custom looks.

Thank you so much for the information.:thumb:

Hey Fatboy71,

I ride a dragstar 1100. The fuel consumtion for cruising at 100-120km is

16km/l but if you go faster it really starts to drink, not sure exacty how much maybe 13km/l. Top speed is 170km/hr. Fuel tank a little small at 14l.

Its a comfortable ride. Cannot compare to the 400, I used to ride a Shadow 400. The power it increadibly nice, as you twist the throtle the bike just flys all the way to 140km with ease.

But without a winshield the wind factor starts to make it uncomfortable. This leads to you next point. 3rd party accessories are difficult to come by here in Singapore. Even Hong Leong doesn't stock anything, have to order. Anyone know where I might be able to get some pipes for the 1100?

Hope this was informative.

AngMo.

The fuel consumption on the dragstar is an issue for me too, I have to pump twice a week which can be a pain.

I know the specs say 17l (checked the manual), but I believe thats more to do with inventive measuring. The most I have ever been able to fill is 14l after riding 30km on reserve! I think I was riding on fumes!

Maybe for the specs they measure in the dead of winter, when the petroleum has contracted?

If your thinking of getting this bike, you have to be able to pay. If anything breaks you can only get from Hong Leong, no one carries parts. You can't just go to Ah Chong@planet to get a cheap fix. ( I love that guy)

Cheers.

Just read your earlier post. Between the 1100 & 1300 get the 1300! Tubeless tires! very important for touring. In fact I would say vital for Malaysia.

If you get a flat with tube tires your screwed in malaysia. Must get tow truck. With tubless can self repair easily.

Yo guys, noobie here planning to get a Dragstar as I like its great potential to customize its exterior to what I like. But before getting one, I would like to find out from the "lao-jiaos" and those that have modded their DS, how far you have gone to customizing before terming "illegal"? I'm looking at changing the tank, seat and fork extension, etc...Kindly enlighten and share ya views, thx!

Yo guys, noobie here planning to get a Dragstar as I like its great potential to customize its exterior to what I like. But before getting one, I would like to find out from the "lao-jiaos" and those that have modded their DS, how far you have gone to customizing before terming "illegal"? I'm looking at changing the tank, seat and fork extension, etc...Kindly enlighten and share ya views, thx!

For your question, Mr X-iled is the right person plus his RIOT gang lah.

Earth calling x-iled,

Earth calling x-iled,

Come in x-iled.....:help:

For your question, Mr X-iled is the right person plus his RIOT gang lah.

Earth calling x-iled,

Earth calling x-iled,

Come in x-iled.....:help:

yes? someone called? haha.. the dragstar is indeed one of the best choices to use as a base bike for modifications. u can refer to RIOT's den to see rampage.. its my dragstar. the bike is currently in another form already. if u interested to see bro no9, meet me up i'll show it to u in person. there is ferdow's old sch hot rod also featured in the thread. dragstar as well.

yes? someone called? haha.. the dragstar is indeed one of the best choices to use as a base bike for modifications. u can refer to RIOT's den to see rampage.. its my dragstar. the bike is currently in another form already. if u interested to see bro no9, meet me up i'll show it to u in person. there is ferdow's old sch hot rod also featured in the thread. dragstar as well.

Cool! RIOT's den? Where can I access to it? Sorry, still new to this forum hah! Would luv to see the real thing but can link me up to see your bike and ferdow's pics first?

I was wondering, how much would a 2001/2002/2003 Dragstar roughly cost? Or where can I look for one. Apparently, not alot of people are selling Dragstar, though I think its 1 of the better looking Cruisers in the 2A category. Shadow and Steed not very nice, don't look as big. Class 2 abit the heavy on my pocket, considering I just use for travel. Yet 2b lacks the power. :cheeky:

200 Miles Per Hour, No Hands... Damn That Would Be Cool Right Before The Part Where You Die...

Bike History

2005 - Cagiva Mito 125

2007 - Daelim Daystar 125

2008/2009 - Piaggio X9 500

2017 - Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Hi hi...To all DRAGSTAR/METRIC CRUISER OWNERS...Do look up the thread titled "WEDDING CONVOY IN JULY 2008" as the Bridegroom has made a very Special Request for his wedding...Cheers...

:cool:

hey guys , just wondering whether it is possible to custom make tanks for dragstar 400?..

2007 : Honda Wave S

2007 : KTM 200 EGS Honda Super 4 Vtec II

2009 : Honda SP, Yamaha WR200

2010 : Suzuki K7 DRZ400SM

2011 : Yamaha 06 R6

2014 : Honda CBR600RR'13, 2011 Harley Davidson Forty-Eight (Current)