SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

yamaha dragstar

bo mai lah

anyway im intending to change my rear brake cos these days, it will go 'squeak' when i depressed it a lil too hard.

how much would it be to change the rear drum brake pad?

It should not exceed S$15.00 if my memory serves me right when I replaced my Shadow ACE rear drum brake pad.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys!

Just bought an FR Dragstar from a fellow forumer (xixy) yesterday. Enjoying the sounds of the python pipes :)

Are there any meet-ups coming up? am eager to compare notes & learn more about the bike

Also, any good bike shops reccomended in the west? Live on the West Coast and wondering if there any good mechanics (familiar with Dragstar) around here (wanted to change footrests to footpegs - bought Puma riding boots today - realise that the boot's gear pad makes it too thick to slip between the footboard and the gear lever when I need to change from 1st to 2nd. :cry: )

Thanks!

Hmm… you could heel step shifting to gear two isn’t it so? However, if you still want to change the existing rider’s floorboard to foot peg, you would have to purchase the foot peg in advance before bringing your motorcycle to any motorcycle service shop to make the change or D.I.Y. if you know how to do it.

I am not familiar with the motorcycle service shop in the west but the nearest would be in the north. Enclosed are the shops you could visit.

Stamford Motor Trading

Alex Liew

Blk 10, Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A #05-27, Autopoint Tel: 64832198

Combine Motor

176 Sin Ming Dr #02-21 Singapore 575721

Tel : 64513386

Thanks PBS & Nights!

PBS - will defly drop by this Friday - Look forward to meeting up with some fellow-enthusiasts. Will also join in for some rides/trips (Can't make it tonight to Changi, though :) - U guys have fun! )

Nights - great suggestion - Will try to heel shift first. Thanks for the shop reccos

Dragstar Classic yamaha- 400cc black

FR plate till 2009 dec

very well maintain and no problem bike.

newly serviced and original condition.

saddle bags and givi box.. brand new

original backrest included.

road tax till dec 2008

owner upgrading to car.

plse come for viewing @ telokblangah

cash $3500 neg.

any upgrader?

any bros knows where to get the crash bars for our draggies>>

and the price plz.. wanna get one incase my bike land on the side...

thanks

The original crash bar is available at Hong Leong, Yamaha distributer. For custom made, it is available at Seng Kwang Metal Industrial Co. I have enclosed both addresses for your convenient.

Hong Leong Corporation Ltd.

178 Paya Lebar Road, #01-01/02, Singapore 409030. Tel: 67490588

Seng Kwang Metal Industrial Co.

Gilbert, William or Wilson Lee

10 AMK Autopoint, #05-31, Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A. Tel: 64819580

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! I just bought myself a Dragstar 400 custom . Just wondering how much would it cost to do a complete overhaul of the engine?. And what is the "shaft?". Nothing is wrong with my bike , just that it's a little old , so i'm considering doing a complete overhaul to save myself from problems since i'm keeping it for a long long time. What shops near the east area would you guys recommend?.

Last of all , where do i go to mod my handlebars like this guy's?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a287/My5tICal/bikepics-786925-full.jpg

I stole the picture off another thread , hope you guys don't mind :)

Thanks alot in advance for all your help!!

2007 : Honda Wave S

2007 : KTM 200 EGS Honda Super 4 Vtec II

2009 : Honda SP, Yamaha WR200

2010 : Suzuki K7 DRZ400SM

2011 : Yamaha 06 R6

2014 : Honda CBR600RR'13, 2011 Harley Davidson Forty-Eight (Current)

Hi guys! I just bought myself a Dragstar 400 custom . Just wondering how much would it cost to do a complete overhaul of the engine?. And what is the "shaft?". Nothing is wrong with my bike , just that it's a little old , so i'm considering doing a complete overhaul to save myself from problems since i'm keeping it for a long long time. What shops near the east area would you guys recommend?.

Hi hi...My5TiCal...Go to the forum thread "COBRA PIPE FOR SALE" and ask Wak Jan about the handlebar...The pics you have is his bike...Good Luck and maybe, just maybe, you'd like to join our "DAY RIDE TO DESARU" where you'll meet some of the Metric Cruiser Bikes that has done some mod on their bikes and hopefully you'll get more ideas...If you want to know more, go to the thread titled, "DAY RIDE TO DESARU" and you'll get more information...Cheers bro...

:cool:

Hi My5tICal, overhaul will depend on what you really need to, err, haul. It could be complete overhaul or just top overhaul. Best let a qualified mechanic to check it out and recommend what really needs to be done. I'd recommend Rosli at Eunos (hee) mainly cos he's worked with a number of dragstars before and is no stranger to cruiser bikes. If need, can bring you down one day since you're an east sider too :) (And talk shop)

Pricing could range from, I'm guessing here, $400-$800. This price is what I gathered from what I've been hearing here and there.

The Shaft you speak of is your final drive system. Some bikes are chain driven (eg your KTM), some are belt driven (like Harleys for eg) and shaft (your bike and ST11s). Since you're saying the bike's pretty old and you wanna do it up a bit, I'd recommending changing the shaft oil. But of course if the previous owner has already done that recently then you're sort of safe.

Handle bars can go buy from some shops like....er....ok, I'm not good at parts. Everbright is it? Or Chiong Aik? or FJT? Ask Rosli la. hahaha. He can go get for you and fix up everything. Takes time though.

Feel free to ask if you have anymore questions. We like gear talk :p Geek is us :cheeky:

w y x m m

Hey Draggies need advise from you guys. I am riding a 4 year old Dragstar 400.

1) i am changing my engine oil but im wondering whether i need to go for fully-syn or semi-syn oil? i heard that bikes less than 5-6 yrs should use fully syn.

2) wats the mileage for changing engine oil, if you're on semi-syn (5000km?) and fully-syn (10000km)?

3) how often to change spark plugs (10000km?)

Thanks guys :-)

Well, standard should be engine oil change 3-5000km or 3 months depending on usability. If you're going with mileage. Go with the feel. Like if you only did 3000 and just came back from a long trip then might as well give it a change. That's how I feel anyway. A good guide is 3000km start to look to service. By the time you actually get around to doing it with all the delays with work and gf and kopi sessions, you'll hit 4000km already. lol

Oil filer every 2 EO change.

Air Filter every 4 EO change or 2 oil filter change.

Spark plug can't member. Check with your mech. Also might depend on your riding style to.

Oil...can't member also. But riding style also plays apart. A lot of start stop traffic jam city riding or long highway cruising.

Where you stay btw? I'd recommend Rosli at Eunos. He's done quite a bit of draggies as most of us were ex draggie riders too. He'll give you some tips if you can bare the waiting time :) Nice to just chill there and hang out talk kok while he does your bike.

w y x m m

Hi My5tICal, overhaul will depend on what you really need to, err, haul. It could be complete overhaul or just top overhaul. Best let a qualified mechanic to check it out and recommend what really needs to be done. I'd recommend Rosli at Eunos (hee) mainly cos he's worked with a number of dragstars before and is no stranger to cruiser bikes. If need, can bring you down one day since you're an east sider too :) (And talk shop)

Pricing could range from, I'm guessing here, $400-$800. This price is what I gathered from what I've been hearing here and there.

The Shaft you speak of is your final drive system. Some bikes are chain driven (eg your KTM), some are belt driven (like Harleys for eg) and shaft (your bike and ST11s). Since you're saying the bike's pretty old and you wanna do it up a bit, I'd recommending changing the shaft oil. But of course if the previous owner has already done that recently then you're sort of safe.

Handle bars can go buy from some shops like....er....ok, I'm not good at parts. Everbright is it? Or Chiong Aik? or FJT? Ask Rosli la. hahaha. He can go get for you and fix up everything. Takes time though.

Feel free to ask if you have anymore questions. We like gear talk :p Geek is us :cheeky:

Haha , thanks alot for the info !!.. BTW , does rosi does spray paint too?.. i'm thinking of doing everything at one go.. So i might just do a basic servicing such as EO , oil filter and spark plug , maybe in 2 or 3 months time i might do the rest together :D..

PS : I saw your harley on the garage sales , damn nice bike :D

ok!.. maybe when i'm going i'll give you a pm , see whether wanna go together?.. i'm in ns now , so not very free actually.. lol..