SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Engine Oil Discussion

ypvs

pulsar ask for 50wt oil? maybe they have loose clearance. you can get 20W50 HDEO from most petrol sation.

Petronas has 50Wt HDEO. What do you think about this oil?

http://www.petronas.com.my/downloads/lubricants/pdf/MDEO/FBOSuper20W-50.pdf

May '10 - Jun '11 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG2

Jul '11 - Jan '12 : Honda Phantom TA200

Feb '12 - Jul '12 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG3

Aug '12 - Current : Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSi

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double post

Edited by revhappy

Anyone tried ipone eo? I tried chex n it seem does Nt suit my bike especially riding on hot whether unlike nite it's a bit better. I did tried Rev x. Was gd till I hit 3k n seem rough after tat. Btw m riding diversion 6. Just to share my experience.:)

do not DRINK n RIDE:cheeky:

from the rating, it is only CF-4 rated. kind of out of date.

locally, shell sation does carry 20W50 Rimula RX3.

Thanks bro. that will be my next EO then :thumb:

Bros, wt 15w40, 20w50, 20w60 or continue.. that not to proof the quality of oils. This could be why we keep changing the wt grades, but eventually using some semi grade is better than full syn. These days, oils are repack in Thailand or india which can be identified from the packaging...real good cheap stuff may only be 1 or 2 brands. By the way why the grade needs to be 60?? Under normal riding or even super hot desert temp, it will not break at high level if its good quality...

Bros, wt 15w40, 20w50, 20w60 or continue.. that not to proof the quality of oils. This could be why we keep changing the wt grades, but eventually using some semi grade is better than full syn. These days, oils are repack in Thailand or india which can be identified from the packaging...real good cheap stuff may only be 1 or 2 brands. By the way why the grade needs to be 60?? Under normal riding or even super hot desert temp, it will not break at high level if its good quality...

the SAE viscosity grade will not tell you the quality of oils. but it is a possible indication of shear stability.

for example if i am not wrong group III oil have mainly 3 grades with the most heavy being about 8cSt which is only 20wt. so looking at the winter weight will indicate to you how much viscosity index improver(VII) is added isn't it?

as our discussion is for HDEO which is mainly group II, a low winter weight will indicate low viscosity stock base being used with lot of VII added or pour point depressant is being added to the thick oil.

the SAE visosity grade does tell you some story my friend. don't ignore it totally :)

Ya the viscosity does not proof the quality of oils. Eventually u have to refer to your motorcycle recommended viscosity for best results. Like my bike 20w40 and 20W50 is recommended. Well different motorcycle requires different recommended viscosity. I have even tried 10W60 viscosity but my bike becomes bog down and no power. I use for 100 plus km only then i change engine oil. Starting from that experience i learn that my bike is not suitable for wt 60 oil. Highest i would go is only wt50 oil. 10W50, 15W50 only.

History n Present ride

Nov '00 till Dec '00 - Aprilia RS 125cc 1 Mth

Dec '00 till Oct '05- Yamaha RXZ Delux 135cc 4 Years 11Mths

Feb '04 till Dec '09 - Honda Wave-S 125cc 5 Years 10Mths

Dec '09 till Sept '12 - Yamaha FZ150i 2 Years 9Mths

Sept 12 till Aug '19 - Yamaha Spark 135 RX 6 Years 11Mths

Aug '19 till Present - Honda CB125F

Hi guys ,

Currently i'm using pennzoil fully synthetic engine oil after how many KM should i change it ?

3000 KM or 5000 KM ?

Riding NSR SP :)

should be safe to follow somewhere close to your manual recommendation. changing too often might not be a good thing after all unless the engine is not in original condition or heavy usage is expected.

should be safe to follow somewhere close to your manual recommendation. changing too often might not be a good thing after all unless the engine is not in original condition or heavy usage is expected.

Thanks for the reply,

Care to elaborate more on the bold part ?

I travel quite alot daily .

Ya the viscosity does not proof the quality of oils. Eventually u have to refer to your motorcycle recommended viscosity for best results. Like my bike 20w40 and 20W50 is recommended. Well different motorcycle requires different recommended viscosity. I have even tried 10W60 viscosity but my bike becomes bog down and no power. I use for 100 plus km only then i change engine oil. Starting from that experience i learn that my bike is not suitable for wt 60 oil. Highest i would go is only wt50 oil. 10W50, 15W50 only.

This only explains part of it as well. People say, oh, synthetic oil is good. Oh, semi for my bike is good. But in my opinion, every oil, every brand, every weight and everything else, is different. Like why is Shell Mineral is much better than a Motul Fully synthetic or Maxima semi-synthetic. You got to try them all until you find what is best value in terms for performance and money for your bike.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Already being discussed in http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/78993-Product-Engine-Oil-Discussion

believe pages 24-28 or thereabouts contains the prices of a few over in m'sia. some available locally. and other things.

search function helps.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac46/Tachnicolour/Completed%20works/combination_2.jpg

Convert your backlight COLOURs at : <CMO> Speedo Backlight colour CONVERSION by Tachnicolour

Hey guys, I found a bike shop that sell Chex for 14$. :angel: It is known as Keng Seng Bike shop and it is in AMK Industrial area.

At this price the oil is terrrrrrrific value for money so I am just going to stick with this oil for ever :)

The chex EO in my bike had completed 3250 kms in bike and I changed today back to chex again. Love this EO :)

Looks like I will be heading to amk soon. Getting insane performance and engine durability ever since I switched to chex last year.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

it just great to discover excellent EO with good value without spending 20-30plus dollar for a single litre isn't it...hehe...

been on Delvac MX for about 1500km. so far still nice and smooth. not bad for a dino oil. planning to change at 3000km due to still having a good amount of carlube in it from last oil change. most likely will push to 4000km from next oil change onward. will report back with more distance on it.

here UOAs from BITOG. a few UOAs for ST1100 at a OCI of about 8000miles(12800km). the HDEO UOAs was as good as it can get. there are so many more such examples show dino HDEO to be as good if not better then expensive full synthetic.

ride safe.

Edited by Isopropyl

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, Need suggestions from you.

My Bajaj Pulsar 180 has whine(hauling sound) in the 5th gear. The sound only appears in the 5th gear and no other gears. Also the sound only happens during acceleration and not during deceleration. The sound increases progressively with speed and starts the moment I shift into 5th gear and then exists upto the speed to 80km/hr. Above 80 the engine noise and wind noise take over and the gear whine is not audible.

The mechs say the 5th gear is worn out and will need overhaul the engine in order to fix the issue. But they also said that if I could live with the whine then its ok and I could continue riding and wont cause any further damage. There is no other noticable issue in performance or FC. So I have decided to just live with it.

Now, is it true that using a thicker viscosity engine oil reduces gear noises? The manual says my bike needs 20W50 oil. My question is if I try 10W60 oil will it reduce the gear whine? Will it cause any other damage? Any other suggestions on which oil to use?

Thanks in advance!

Revhappy!

Hey guys, Need suggestions from you.

My Bajaj Pulsar 180 has whine(hauling sound) in the 5th gear. The sound only appears in the 5th gear and no other gears. Also the sound only happens during acceleration and not during deceleration. The sound increases progressively with speed and starts the moment I shift into 5th gear and then exists upto the speed to 80km/hr. Above 80 the engine noise and wind noise take over and the gear whine is not audible.

The mechs say the 5th gear is worn out and will need overhaul the engine in order to fix the issue. But they also said that if I could live with the whine then its ok and I could continue riding and wont cause any further damage. There is no other noticable issue in performance or FC. So I have decided to just live with it.

Now, is it true that using a thicker viscosity engine oil reduces gear noises? The manual says my bike needs 20W50 oil. My question is if I try 10W60 oil will it reduce the gear whine? Will it cause any other damage? Any other suggestions on which oil to use?

Thanks in advance!

Revhappy!

i think the bike will feel damn heavy...

in search of the magical fuel penguins

Honda CB400F