SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sportsters Riders

jynwee

hi guys.. im interested in getting sportster iron 883..

whats the price of 1st hand bike(on road)?

is there anything i need to look out for getting a 1st hand bike?

whats the diff getting Parallel imported bike with local dealer?

thanks for any replies..

Just went to Harley. There is a promo package for new bikes if you are looking for financing which included first year free insurance, free service package and discount for new accessories. 21k+ new iron, COE 1.8k+.

Call Harley, they are super friendly.

Parallel import warranty covered by whoever you buy from. However I felt Harley will know Harley best. :)

Anyway nightster discontinued, replacement, 72.... :(

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://a496.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/119/s_2345b6d13df204092e0daf13e2ada177.gif

Before-Vespa Px150

Before-Ktm Egs 200

Before-Yamaha Wr400 dirt/super-motard

Before-Yamaha Spark135

Before-Yamaha Yzf-R1 -02

Before-Suzuki Drzsm k9

Present-Yamaha 1982 RXK

Present-HD Nightster 2010

I think most shops don't carry ready stock for a lot of items and they will order in for you. Might as well buy it yourself. Much cheaper this way. Most of us buy parts from ebay. Plenty of options and sometimes you can get a really good deal. Including shipping, it will still be cheaper than buying direct in Singapore.

Hi guys,I'm looking for lower rear suspension for my iron.Any idea where can I purchase locally?

just got my 883low. any idea where to get cheap saddle bag?

bear

Hi guys,

I just bought my xr1200x today! Collecting next week. Any xr1200 riders here? Can show me the ropes as this is the first Harley I own. Also, are there any street legal exhaust systems for xr1200. I know that there are akra slip ons for sportsters, not sure if they are meant for the xr

Too.

Hi guys,

I just bought my xr1200x today! Collecting next week. Any xr1200 riders here? Can show me the ropes as this is the first Harley I own. Also, are there any street legal exhaust systems for xr1200. I know that there are akra slip ons for sportsters, not sure if they are meant for the xr

Too.

u buy from local agent ? how much you paid? stock bike...so fast wanna change exhaust ? enjoy it ... and wait for a while lah...

From Honda's Phantom to ..................

Clearing each stage at SSDC and BBDC for bike license was fun !!!

I bought from Looi's, about 20K... I felt that it would sound better. What you think of decatting instead? is it easy for the Authorities to identify the pipe mod?

Aiyo... no such discussion here please... lol :p

Past: TA150,XVS400,ST1100,TW200,YP250,XL883R,RXK125,FUOCO500IE,R1200C,TW200,FLSTF,XL883L,KLE650B

Present: R1200GS,DRZ400SM,FLTR[RoadGlide]

Guys,

may I know what is efi and carburettor? What's the difference?

Which is better in your opinion? Please elaborate a bit. I'm particularly interested in maintenance and cost wise.

What doesn't kills me can only makes me stronger.

5th October 2007 - 29th September 2008 Honda Phantom TA200

Since I am a bit free... Here you go....

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/123259-efi-vs-carb-stats-final-word.html

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/329902-difference-between-carb-and-efi-on-sportster.html

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/motorcycle_efi_basics.htm

Source: Google, Hdforums

Guys,

Which is better in your opinion? Please elaborate a bit. I'm particularly interested in maintenance and cost wise.

Guys,

EFI means Electronic Fuel Injection. This means there is a computer that inject mist of petrol into e manifold to ur cylinders to be combusted.

Carb also inject mist of petrol,but it does so wif a cable that is connected to ur throttle.u open throttle,u will open a butterfly valve which allow e mist of petrol to go go thru to ur cylinders to be combusted.

Almost all motorcycles now uses EFI. Sportsters were all carb till the 05 models.06 n above is EFI Liao.

Sportsters has a frame change in 04 to be rubber mounted.

So when looking for parts, 03 n below will fit most old Sportsters.n 04 till current yrs will fit themselves.

Carb tuning is done wif pilot jets n main jets.all mechanical.

EFI has to be done electronically either wif a piggyback module (power commander, fuelpak),or replace e whole ecu.

Maintenance wise,I feel both is abt e same,as my sportster was a carb (thou i did up e carb sz to 42), n my dyna is a EFI. :)

Ok, thanks for your input. But from those links, I read that carb gives a lot more trouble, and to be honest I'm not exactly mechanically savvy. Is this true for you guys too?

What doesn't kills me can only makes me stronger.

5th October 2007 - 29th September 2008 Honda Phantom TA200