SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sportsters Riders

jynwee

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

I am also a Sportster Rider. Great idea to have Sportster Club to get together for regular outings and organise rides to Malaysia/Thailand. Personally, I have been all the way to Phuket with my 1200C. Can always share experience on bikes etc.

Guys,

I am also a Sportster Rider. Great idea to have Sportster Club to get together for regular outings and organise rides to Malaysia/Thailand. Personally, I have been all the way to Phuket with my 1200C. Can always share experience on bikes etc.

Guys,

Our worries are history, now we have someone not only able to guide us to JB, but all the way to Phuket! Thanks Chinny159!

Our worries are history, now we have someone not only able to guide us to JB, but all the way to Phuket! Thanks Chinny159!

Haha i 2nd that... But we should start small (or rather short first)...

My tires are due soon too, have been doing fishtails too with this wet weather.

Agreed its dangerous & should be top priority. I got a quote from Dstreetcustoms around $500+ for avon tires front & back include install.

Still shopping around heard Shunfu is cheap... Anyone here have experience?

Hi guys, do u guys think it's better for a newbie to get a second hand sportster to try out?

Is your concern that you might have minor "incidents" with your bike as a newbie or because you just want to try it out to see whether you like the bike?

Second hand your overall outlay for the bike is less and sometimes if you shop around long and hard enough you might find one with low mileage, in good condition... And with mods that you like.

But then you have to be patient.

New you pay more but then you have the benefit/ reassurance(?!?) of the warranty & free service.

You can also take the bike in the direction that you want with your customising.

Either way if you notice the value of Harleys endures... You get 15-20yr old bikes that sometimes sell more than a new one. So you don't have to worry about lugi so much... Unless you need to sell it off urgently.

Haha i 2nd that... But we should start small (or rather short first)...

My tires are due soon too, have been doing fishtails too with this wet weather.

Agreed its dangerous & should be top priority. I got a quote from Dstreetcustoms around $500+ for avon tires front & back include install.

Still shopping around heard Shunfu is cheap... Anyone here have experience?

I've got a quote from another shop for not more than $500 for avon tires front and back include install.

Compare if it's economically cheap, drop me a msg @91802558 i can arrange for that....rest assured no hidden cost and i dun earn commission for that!!!

There is no Copy Right when spreading a Word on safety. :thumb: :thumb:

Guys,

Wow that's great.......Can share your experience in petrol's stops all the way to Phuket. I'm plannin a road trip to Phuket someday soon and I need some distance's marking for petrol stop, rest point...etc

I've had doned Thailand road trip to Surat Thani, Donsak, Koh Samui, Hatyai on other make bike.........So this time round i trying on the 883 for the first time...YEAH YEAH

If you don't mind i can be your wingmen or sweeper...hehe

Is your concern that you might have minor "incidents" with your bike as a newbie or because you just want to try it out to see whether you like the bike?

Second hand your overall outlay for the bike is less and sometimes if you shop around long and hard enough you might find one with low mileage, in good condition... And with mods that you like.

But then you have to be patient.

New you pay more but then you have the benefit/ reassurance(?!?) of the warranty & free service.

You can also take the bike in the direction that you want with your customising.

Either way if you notice the value of Harleys endures... You get 15-20yr old bikes that sometimes sell more than a new one. So you don't have to worry about lugi so much... Unless you need to sell it off urgently.

Thanks for the input. Anyone riding a 48?

Cougar, I did a Penang/Danuk/Hatyai/Songkla trip during February with someone new on a Sporster 883. No problem with the trip. I guess we all must Ride safely and ensure that we rest enough during each trip. It is also extremely important that our Bikes are in very good conditions before we go on any trip. We are infact planning another trip in the next few weeks for a day trip to Johor for seafood/Durian or a trip to KL to visit HD KL and a Shopping Complex that sells Biking accessories at extremely cheap price. You are most welcome to join us. So far, we may have 3 Sporsters and 1 Road King. Key challenge is trying to get everyone together.

Cougar, I did a Penang/Danuk/Hatyai/Songkla trip during February with someone new on a Sporster 883. No problem with the trip. I guess we all must Ride safely and ensure that we rest enough during each trip. It is also extremely important that our Bikes are in very good conditions before we go on any trip. We are infact planning another trip in the next few weeks for a day trip to Johor for seafood/Durian or a trip to KL to visit HD KL and a Shopping Complex that sells Biking accessories at extremely cheap price. You are most welcome to join us. So far, we may have 3 Sporsters and 1 Road King. Key challenge is trying to get everyone together.

Is this extremely cheap bike accessories in Subang?

Hi guys.. Sportster rider here too.. Anyone here have experience of ordering anything from Biltwell? Helmets or bars? Or anything..

I don't, but my friend do. Seem like he had made serveral purchases with them already. No problem so far...

Been to HD In KL. Nothing is cheap there. Other than that other motorbike aesthetic stuff are rather cheap.

My take to riding to JB. I think the danger is when you are alone. The time you travel is also important. My issue is my pipes. Wondering should I change back to stock but no feel.

How about just a simple ride to SG to Senai. Have a coffee or tea and Nasi Lemak breakfast and back. If we leave at 630am at Tuas and we will be home by 1030 or 11am in time to have lunch with the family.

Problem is can wake up or not.

If a trip to Thailand or etc... we should arrange a support vehicle. As the company I work for has a subsidiary in Malaysia, along the way we can get support if need. But I do not think with my work currently can go to Thailand.

If I ride to Thailand most prob.. head back by flight and transport bike back.

Interesting post guys.

For Blitwell and other stuff can try Twins. He has some helmets for sale.

1992-1992 KDX200

1992-1993 TZR125

1993-1993 TS125

1994-1995 CBR400 Hurricane

1999-2001 sfera 80

2000-2000 intruder 400

2001-2001 Harley 883h

2003-2003 XR400

2004-2005 Gilera 180SP

2011-2012 Yamaha YB100 Classic

For buying of Harley new or old really depends on your budget and how long you ride it.

New - Highest cost. Long term - same depreciation as old bike

Old - Short term riding - High maintenance if buy a lemon.

I bought a 883L 2004 model registered 2005 for a low price. Lucky thing owner was honest and did minor servicing.

Bear in mind also the interest rate of new bikes and also ability to loan amount.

Short term bikes with 2 years to 4 years bike might not be able to loan a lot. While brand new downpayment is low. Interest is low.

So finally it really depends on the duration you wanna own the bike. If you want to try try only better buy used. If planning to upgrade buy used. If you love the bike and no intention to upgrade in 5 years. Buy NEW.

My 2 cents worth.

1992-1992 KDX200

1992-1993 TZR125

1993-1993 TS125

1994-1995 CBR400 Hurricane

1999-2001 sfera 80

2000-2000 intruder 400

2001-2001 Harley 883h

2003-2003 XR400

2004-2005 Gilera 180SP

2011-2012 Yamaha YB100 Classic

Bro, I love the statement 'Key challenge is trying to get everyone together'...:)

Think we MUST meetup asap, as i need advise from you on petrol stops along the way for 883 and some important stuffs, as i had been grounded almost 3 years from riding overseas due to my newborn little one......now my wifey had given me some allowance on long distance trip....that my reasons.....:p

One person can't do magic......we need the whole lot of brothers here to put our hands together to make this group a happy and memorable one, when times catch up with us where we might be unable to ride anymore!!!! wah sound like old man's nagging...hahahha

Bro, I love the statement 'Key challenge is trying to get everyone together'...:)

Think we MUST meetup asap, as i need advise from you on petrol stops along the way for 883 and some important stuffs, as i had been grounded almost 3 years from riding overseas due to my newborn little one......now my wifey had given me some allowance on long distance trip....that my reasons.....:p

One person can't do magic......we need the whole lot of brothers here to put our hands together to make this group a happy and memorable one, when times catch up with us where we might be unable to ride anymore!!!! wah sound like old man's nagging...hahahha

Cougar,

I am overseas and will only be back end of this week. Can only meet up from next Monday onwards. Drop me your email and contact so that I can arrange to meet up next Monday onwards. My email address is chinny159@yahoo.com.sg