SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

trip to taiwan

smgoh6

Hi, i am going to taiwan in march. I am wondering if i can bring in a electric kettle on the plane.. i first time going overseas so not very clear. I want to bring electric kettle to cook stuff so can save abit of money (: and is there any power socket in hotels? i assume that there are power sockets if not how to charge things like handphone and laptops.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i am going to taiwan in march. I am wondering if i can bring in a electric kettle on the plane.. i first time going overseas so not very clear.

Definitely you can. Just don't try to use it on the plane :angel:

I want to bring electric kettle to cook stuff so can save abit of money (: and is there any power socket in hotels? i assume that there are power sockets if not how to charge things like handphone and laptops.

Taiwan follows US, so they are using 120AC whereas Singapore is using 230AC. So make doubly sure your electrical kettle or heating rod is 120AC.

http://www.adaptelec.com/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&products_id=276

Your can buy those travel cooker which is about the size of a 25 CD stack which can accept both 120 and 230 AC. Available at Mustafa.

Its standard hotel policy that no cooking is allowed in the room but if its just like instant noodle or boiling an egg, no one will question you.

Most hotels, including budget ones wil have an electric kettle in the room or hot water point along the corridor so maybe you can check with them first which would save yoy the trouble of carrying one there.

Taiwan street food is really cheap, and incredibly delicious so just budget that in and enjoy yourself.

Read that the best way to see Taiwan is on a motorbike, are you planning something like that ?

Definitely you can. Just don't try to use it on the plane :angel:

Taiwan follows US, so they are using 120AC whereas Singapore is using 230AC. So make doubly sure your electrical kettle or heating rod is 120AC.

http://www.adaptelec.com/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&products_id=276

Your can buy those travel cooker which is about the size of a 25 CD stack which can accept both 120 and 230 AC. Available at Mustafa.

Its standard hotel policy that no cooking is allowed in the room but if its just like instant noodle or boiling an egg, no one will question you.

Most hotels, including budget ones wil have an electric kettle in the room or hot water point along the corridor so maybe you can check with them first which would save yoy the trouble of carrying one there.

Taiwan street food is really cheap, and incredibly delicious so just budget that in and enjoy yourself.

Read that the best way to see Taiwan is on a motorbike, are you planning something like that ?

Thanks for the reply! that link is useful man. I want to ride in taiwan too man but i dont think and dont know whether they allow tourist to ride in taiwan.

I will definitely try the street food but i dont think i will eat that for all 3 meals so i wan to eat other things like eggs or oatmeal or something haha

why would you want to save money on food when you're visiting taiwan?

taiwan has got the most awesome deliciious street food you can find! and its only NTD$50! which is about SGD$2.

Regards,

kifakw

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car

and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,

torque is how far you take the wall with you.

why would you want to save money on food when you're visiting taiwan?

taiwan has got the most awesome deliciious street food you can find! and its only NTD$50! which is about SGD$2.

dont really want to become a fatass by eating too much street food. XD i just want to have an alternative just in case.

Thanks for the reply! that link is useful man. I want to ride in taiwan too man but i dont think and dont know whether they allow tourist to ride in taiwan.

I will definitely try the street food but i dont think i will eat that for all 3 meals so i wan to eat other things like eggs or oatmeal or something haha

Yes, they will allow that as long you have internation driving license.. :)

http://www.aas.com.sg/?show=content&showview=8&val=135

this is the only official website in Singapore you can get it from.. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

I'm currently in northern Taiwan on biz trip,been coming here few times per year for past 6-7yrs.

It's not advisable to ride here even if you have IDP for first timer here, I have it but I dun ride or drive here, you need to have the "feel" and know the hidden rules at junctions else you'll get into accidents easily,moreover they're left hand drive system, diff from sg/msia/thai.

Also alot of bike rental companies in major town will probably not rent you bikes as they're worried abt insurance matters if you get into accident. I tried on the east coast/Hualien & they don't wana rent me when they see my IDP license.

Best is to travel around by rail/bus & taxis if in smaller towns, bus/taxi/MRT in taipei is easy to get around.

Lastly, motorcycles cannot travel on the main highways(#1), only the smaller trunk roads, bikes >500cc can travel on secondary highways if I'm not wrong starting few years ago but will take a long time to get from north to south. If you have alot of time to travel the whole island, you might be able to do it.

If need to get from north-south fast, THSR(taiwan bullet train) is fastest ~300KPH.

As for food, I never heard of anyone that bring food here yet, food is cheap and easily available everywhere unless you're in the mountains or really small towns. You'll probably be the 1st I heard that intends to bring food to taiwan, try out the local foods, not all are junk food, some are really healthy(vegetarian & lots of vege).

A simple meal(take away bento) costs like NT50-NT80 depending on what you wana eat.

Fried rice cost like NT$70-80 depending on places/towns.

Hope these info helps.

I'm currently in northern Taiwan on biz trip,been coming here few times per year for past 6-7yrs.

It's not advisable to ride here even if you have IDP for first timer here, I have it but I dun ride or drive here, you need to have the "feel" and know the hidden rules at junctions else you'll get into accidents easily,moreover they're left hand drive system, diff from sg/msia/thai.

Also alot of bike rental companies in major town will probably not rent you bikes as they're worried abt insurance matters if you get into accident. I tried on the east coast/Hualien & they don't wana rent me when they see my IDP license.

Best is to travel around by rail/bus & taxis if in smaller towns, bus/taxi/MRT in taipei is easy to get around.

Lastly, motorcycles cannot travel on the main highways(#1), only the smaller trunk roads, bikes >500cc can travel on secondary highways if I'm not wrong starting few years ago but will take a long time to get from north to south. If you have alot of time to travel the whole island, you might be able to do it.

If need to get from north-south fast, THSR(taiwan bullet train) is fastest ~300KPH.

As for food, I never heard of anyone that bring food here yet, food is cheap and easily available everywhere unless you're in the mountains or really small towns. You'll probably be the 1st I heard that intends to bring food to taiwan, try out the local foods, not all are junk food, some are really healthy(vegetarian & lots of vege).

A simple meal(take away bento) costs like NT50-NT80 depending on what you wana eat.

Fried rice cost like NT$70-80 depending on places/towns.

Hope these info helps.

Thanks alot! first time going overseas so very clueless. thx for the info man! (:

• 9 months later...

Currently living and working in taichung. Just a note, The motels here are quite nicely decorated and its not too expensive renting for the whole night. Price wise similar to a 4 star hotel. If want cheaper, can go for traveler's hostel

We are dealing with helmets, Apparels , Gloves, Boots etc!

Please Like and Share! Once Purchase confirmed, An invoice will be created and sent to you.

h t t p s ://w w w . f a c e b o o k . c o m / s p o r t s b i k e s g e a r s

• 8 months later...

There are alot of nice roads here in taiwan, not necessary kao Hsiung. KeeLung, Hualian Etc. Beautiful country roads. Motobike heaven.

We are dealing with helmets, Apparels , Gloves, Boots etc!

Please Like and Share! Once Purchase confirmed, An invoice will be created and sent to you.

h t t p s ://w w w . f a c e b o o k . c o m / s p o r t s b i k e s g e a r s

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...