Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?


CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

9 members have voted

  1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

    • BBDC
      5
    • CDC
      4


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Haha all driving sch is crowded on any days de.. if u think u will use it on the road in future then u can get brands like hjc too.. cheap n looks good. They got modulars tt looks pretty nice too. Can go motoworld see see too.. 

Finally managed to see the booking screen logging in; I can see that there is no lack of eager candidates. I think my earliest session for theory is in July. I'm pretty much amazed, but I guess, it's the journey... well, started from the East to West side of Singapore and I'm at my "stop-over zone" in the West.. So, got to keep telling myself that it is worth it... so, posting this on a laptop instead of my usual desktop station... 

I guess I will book the practical lesson first in the mean time... if I managed to get a slot. :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, snooptrader said:

I couldn't “quote” using mobile… really crowded for a Sunday. 
Will get a reasonable open face… I’ll still use if I’m lucky to go through everything. ☺️

 

 

441B6151-FC32-42E9-90BD-4EA2F0866571.jpeg

What are there queuing for??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Finally managed to see the booking screen logging in; I can see that there is no lack of eager candidates. I think my earliest session for theory is in July. I'm pretty much amazed, but I guess, it's the journey... well, started from the East to West side of Singapore and I'm at my "stop-over zone" in the West.. So, got to keep telling myself that it is worth it... so, posting this on a laptop instead of my usual desktop station... 

I guess I will book the practical lesson first in the mean time... if I managed to get a slot. :D 

Haha ya lor.. u need to travel all the way to west at least for 6mths.. not gonna be a easy thing n u need pure determinations for travelling that far every week sia.. n it will be worth it la.. juz dun be too disheartened when u fail the lesson.. happens to everyone of us.. its a phase.. haha.. ya juz book the orientation then once u clear liao u can start ur actual lesson :D if they have the same system as ssdc, try to monitor every tues and thurs.. they usually release slots around those days

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Janeoh said:

What are there queuing for??

That's just to the information counter... Needed to check on how to get the eyesight tested and also the photo-taking (that one could be done later). I can't seem to get a booking; not sure if that's because of a technicality or perhaps, it's fully booked... I tried the following... 

image.thumb.png.c62f0a039cb3a85331f454a3a4cfea70.png

 

image.thumb.png.2f14667d4798d3602917178f0729a9d9.png

*membership is active... so, not sure if glitch or .... '(❁´◡`❁)

 

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

That's just to the information counter... Needed to check on how to get the eyesight tested and also the photo-taking (that one could be done later). I can't seem to get a booking; not sure if that's because of a technicality or perhaps, it's fully booked... I tried the following... 

image.thumb.png.c62f0a039cb3a85331f454a3a4cfea70.png

 

image.thumb.png.2f14667d4798d3602917178f0729a9d9.png

*membership is active... so, not sure if glitch or .... '(❁´◡`❁)

 

image.png

Hmm? When u were at the counter just now, the CS nv do the eye test for u?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Haha ya lor.. u need to travel all the way to west at least for 6mths.. not gonna be a easy thing n u need pure determinations for travelling that far every week sia.. n it will be worth it la.. juz dun be too disheartened when u fail the lesson.. happens to everyone of us.. its a phase.. haha.. ya juz book the orientation then once u clear liao u can start ur actual lesson :D if they have the same system as ssdc, try to monitor every tues and thurs.. they usually release slots around those days

Yes, will have to endure the S$3.80+ per liter of 98/- in the mean time from east to west 36mins each time in clear traffice. Ok, will take your kind advice and check on those dates constantly. I'll keep logging on and try to be familiar with the system. 

1 minute ago, Nakuru said:

Hmm? When u were at the counter just now, the CS nv do the eye test for u?? 

I got my eye checked but wasn't issued anything. I assumed it was fine. :) 

Really appreciate the kind help there all... makes it less lonely in a way... :D I guess 2B is challenging... like doing some chartered course.... :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Yes, will have to endure the S$3.80+ per liter of 98/- in the mean time from east to west 36mins each time in clear traffice. Ok, will take your kind advice and check on those dates constantly. I'll keep logging on and try to be familiar with the system. 

I got my eye checked but wasn't issued anything. I assumed it was fine. :) 

Really appreciate the kind help there all... makes it less lonely in a way... :D I guess 2B is challenging... like doing some chartered course.... :D 

Haha ya the petrol damn pain.. tts y have to make a weekly run into jb. Tts y hoping to faster pass n use bike to safe a little on the petrol cost

Think could be the system haven activate yet.. maybe need wait later then see got update or not.. 

Haha when u go there oso can tok to other learners in ur class oso de la 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Haha ya the petrol damn pain.. tts y have to make a weekly run into jb. Tts y hoping to faster pass n use bike to safe a little on the petrol cost

Think could be the system haven activate yet.. maybe need wait later then see got update or not.. 

Haha when u go there oso can tok to other learners in ur class oso de la 🤣

You go JB every week? I'm just trying to get the MySejahtera app going I'm like 😵💫😵💫😵💫 liao 

now I only pump 95. Also chor.... 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Janeoh said:

You go JB every week? I'm just trying to get the MySejahtera app going I'm like 😵💫😵💫😵💫 liao 

now I only pump 95. Also chor.... 😂

Ya.. i try to la.. if not pump all in sg really very chor.. if fall below then i juz pump $60 so it hits 3/4 tank in case petrol check lor.. Now $60 only can pump 18L nia.. very pain 😵 u actually dun need the my senjahtera app now already. Juz install it can liao. They dun need to check in like SG already 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Ya.. i try to la.. if not pump all in sg really very chor.. if fall below then i juz pump $60 so it hits 3/4 tank in case petrol check lor.. Now $60 only can pump 18L nia.. very pain 😵 u actually dun need the my senjahtera app now already. Juz install it can liao. They dun need to check in like SG already 

Hahahaha sian I just installed and added my info and the children 😑 do so many times cos the app is buggy. 

ya... I have to time when I pump petrol this week 😂 now each time I pump, if full tank it's like what I paid for 98 last time. I see already.... 😰 

 

Edited by Janeoh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Haha ya the petrol damn pain.. tts y have to make a weekly run into jb. Tts y hoping to faster pass n use bike to safe a little on the petrol cost

Think could be the system haven activate yet.. maybe need wait later then see got update or not.. 

Haha when u go there oso can tok to other learners in ur class oso de la 🤣

I've not driven in to JB for almost 5 years... I used to go at least 3 times a month last time... the food was so good.. I digress there.. :D 
Yes, you gotten your bike at a good time price and consumption of fuel is definitely more efficient.. *not to add more involving each time you get on it.

Yea, guess I would be speaking to other learners when I get there... steady we go.. baby steps... go for the HBL first. :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Siphon said:

pretty sure there are more experienced riders here but this is usually what i do when i ride.

As a rider there's an advantage you have over cars... but not lorries and trucks... you're higher than the car. So you can pretty much see whats in front of the car in front of you. But usually i'll keep more to the left side of the car in front of me if i'm filtering left and right side of the car when i'm filtering right. And of course keep a safe distance from the car in front of you before you check the blind spot. 

Blind Spot checking in real life is <0.1 sec... don't LOOK for cars behind you when you're checking the blind spot hor... unlike driving, blind spots checking on a bike is very easy... nothing there means nothing there... there's no metal bar or tinted window blocking your view hahaha... One thing before changing lanes when riding will be to look at your side mirror carefully to make sure there are no speeding bikes lane splitting at 100kmh... bike hitting bikes are more common than you realize. I've see it happen a couple of times right in from of me... especially in jams... people like to swerve in and out without looking and before he knows it... bang... 

I have the GT air and personally i think its one of the quietest helmet... i had AGV and Arai which were strangely noisier. 

https://www.shoei.com/worldwide/en/helmet/fullface/gt-air_ii/

GT air has stopped production but there's GT air II now and it comes with a visor in build in there VERY convenient especially when you're riding against the morning sun. And if you need bluetooth you can get a SENA 10C which is fully embedded in the helmet. Looks sleek. 

Thanks for the tip on the "blind spot" checking; will take note of it and the "lane splitting" thing. - that is real life experience. 

On the GT air; it looks wicked and will seriously consider it; the helmet looks faster than I can ever ride...  on a 2B bike. I really respect bikes that go 90km/h on expressway... I feel jitters for them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Thanks for the tip on the "blind spot" checking; will take note of it and the "lane splitting" thing. - that is real life experience. 

On the GT air; it looks wicked and will seriously consider it; the helmet looks faster than I can ever ride...  on a 2B bike. I really respect bikes that go 90km/h on expressway... I feel jitters for them. 

I used to ride pillion my my father's bike and he went like 90-100kmh 😂 it was fun. But pillion mah, no need to "stress". After that face numb. 😂 but this is like 20+ years ago liao...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2022 at 11:45 AM, snooptrader said:

I couldn't “quote” using mobile… really crowded for a Sunday. 
Will get a reasonable open face… I’ll still use if I’m lucky to go through everything. ☺️

 

 

 

Not sure if there are any neighborhood bike shops in your area. I got mine from helmet boys last time. They have this package helmet + the arm and knee pads with a nice cloth bag. all about 50 bucks... got PSB stick also hahaha. important thing is not too heavy and fits your head. Make sure it doesn't hurt after wearing a while and its not too loose.  

 

On 6/12/2022 at 7:45 PM, snooptrader said:

Thanks for the tip on the "blind spot" checking; will take note of it and the "lane splitting" thing. - that is real life experience. 

On the GT air; it looks wicked and will seriously consider it; the helmet looks faster than I can ever ride...  on a 2B bike. I really respect bikes that go 90km/h on expressway... I feel jitters for them. 

2B Bike.... Can go VERY fast hor... hahaha depending on what type. On a serious note don't let people make you feel like you're over dress for riding a 2B bike... when i was P plate riding my phantom I wore full face helmet (AGV somemore hahaha), full protection leather gloves, mesh jacket with protective padding. Once in a while i'll get those weird looks other riders back then... but its your own life and your own protection. Your Skin vs $100+ jacket... I think i prefer to have a sacrificial material there... haha... Now that i ride a bigger bike... its like normal... still the same gears pretty much haha... 

On 6/12/2022 at 7:49 PM, Janeoh said:

I used to ride pillion my my father's bike and he went like 90-100kmh 😂 it was fun. But pillion mah, no need to "stress". After that face numb. 😂 but this is like 20+ years ago liao...

Once you overcome the initial fear... the sense of freedom when you're on an expressway cruising and enjoying the wind in your face and you... It will all be super worth it. Not to forget the ride up north would be fun too. Start with malacca. Its about a 2-3 hour ride if you stick to speed limit. Also the left road shoulders in malaysia is actually for bike so its actually safer... hahaa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Siphon said:

Once you overcome the initial fear... the sense of freedom when you're on an expressway cruising and enjoying the wind in your face and you... It will all be super worth it. Not to forget the ride up north would be fun too. Start with malacca. Its about a 2-3 hour ride if you stick to speed limit. Also the left road shoulders in malaysia is actually for bike so its actually safer... hahaa

So hardcore!! My ambition is to ride around Singapore to eat supper 😂

My dad went all the way to Thailand... back in the day. My mom was so angry w him 😂

But then again.. her brother passed away, found in a ravine along the NS... so...

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Siphon said:

Not sure if there are any neighborhood bike shops in your area. I got mine from helmet boys last time. They have this package helmet + the arm and knee pads with a nice cloth bag. all about 50 bucks... got PSB stick also hahaha. important thing is not too heavy and fits your head. Make sure it doesn't hurt after wearing a while and its not too loose.  

Thanks for the tip and will check them (Helmet Boys) out. I had a HJC helmet the last time but really old, so recycle bin. Will get a new helmet, looking for those with those sun visors inside the clear visor. Practical when the sun is really hot. During lesson, won’t use of course. Ok, will try out… yes, PSB sticker is extremely important…  :) 

1 hour ago, Janeoh said:

So hardcore!! My ambition is to ride around Singapore to eat supper 😂

My dad went all the way to Thailand... back in the day. My mom was so angry w him 😂

But then again.. her brother passed away, found in a ravine along the NS... so...

I’m really sorry to hear about your uncle… it’s really sad… NS highway or roads in general have the constant danger… sorry to hear about that again.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Janeoh said:

So hardcore!! My ambition is to ride around Singapore to eat supper 😂

My dad went all the way to Thailand... back in the day. My mom was so angry w him 😂

But then again.. her brother passed away, found in a ravine along the NS... so...

Haha i the most ride ard with frens go rounding if not is once in a while ride go work.. will definitely go in JB with my bike in future but my bike optimum speed is like around 80 nia.. hahaha

My grandfather oso passed away in bike accident last time tts y my father is so against it.. really need to ride defensively.. alot of ppl fly on NS de.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Janeoh said:

I used to ride pillion my my father's bike and he went like 90-100kmh 😂 it was fun. But pillion mah, no need to "stress". After that face numb. 😂 but this is like 20+ years ago liao...

This is v relatable. I grew up taking pillion rides from my dad. He passed a year ago due to poor health. And I took up 2B partly to relive that memory with him...awaiting my TP test now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2022 at 8:37 PM, Janeoh said:

So hardcore!! My ambition is to ride around Singapore to eat supper 😂

My dad went all the way to Thailand... back in the day. My mom was so angry w him 😂

But then again.. her brother passed away, found in a ravine along the NS... so...

Wah… that’s a strong memory for your mom to overcome. Sorry to hear that. 

NS is a tempting road to speed… even I have done speeds I’ve not wanted to 🙊 after you ride for an hour… u tend to become alittle bored and turn the throttle a little more. 

also I’ve heard my friends who have done speed past crazy numbers just to get to Thailand a lot earlier… be safe, not sorry when you ride… I saw a quote somewhere before 😂 can’t remember where.

“Don’t try to save one second and lose a lifetime”. I think it’s very appropriate for us bikers to remember. Especially for moments to Chiong for a gap sometimes. 

 

On 6/12/2022 at 10:18 PM, snooptrader said:

Thanks for the tip and will check them (Helmet Boys) out. I had a HJC helmet the last time but really old, so recycle bin. Will get a new helmet, looking for those with those sun visors inside the clear visor. Practical when the sun is really hot. During lesson, won’t use of course. Ok, will try out… yes, PSB sticker is extremely important…  :) 

I’m really sorry to hear about your uncle… it’s really sad… NS highway or roads in general have the constant danger… sorry to hear about that again.. 

🤔 I think some open face ones have that too.

https://www.shoei.com/worldwide/en/helmet/jet/j-cruise_ii/

pretty sure there are other brands too. You can look around and decide on one if you really want one. Cdc and bbdc are open air so you’ll want one for sure. And get those arm socks if you want to wear short sleeves. Else your arm will really burn 😂 it’s not funny to ride for 1hr in the hot sun. 

 

On 6/12/2022 at 11:12 PM, Nakuru said:

Haha i the most ride ard with frens go rounding if not is once in a while ride go work.. will definitely go in JB with my bike in future but my bike optimum speed is like around 80 nia.. hahaha

My grandfather oso passed away in bike accident last time tts y my father is so against it.. really need to ride defensively.. alot of ppl fly on NS de.. 

Johor, got some dangerous area. Do check with friends who ride in constantly and online forums before going hor. Bikes are easy target… not sure what’s the rate for msx to be  “taken” if you intend to park and shop there. Just go YouTube and see how fast any bikes can be “taken”. All I can say is it’s lesser than 60 seconds🙈

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, snooptrader said:

I’m really sorry to hear about your uncle… it’s really sad… NS highway or roads in general have the constant danger… sorry to hear about that again..

Thanks 🙏🏻 I guess we all know someone who has been in bike accident and etc. 

6 hours ago, fizasulton said:

This is v relatable. I grew up taking pillion rides from my dad. He passed a year ago due to poor health. And I took up 2B partly to relive that memory with him...awaiting my TP test now

Aww... relive the memory. Ya for me he used to pick me up on his bike after work (10+) so it was pretty cool to ride home... some times were detour for fun. 

 

1 hour ago, Siphon said:

NS is a tempting road to speed… even I have done speeds I’ve not wanted to 🙊 after you ride for an hour… u tend to become alittle bored and turn the throttle a little more. 

Ya.... if the bike is powerful it really doesn't feel like anything. When I drive on NS I need to keep watch on my speed cos it so easy to go above 110... I agree the NS drivers tend to be more considerate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Siphon said:

Johor, got some dangerous area. Do check with friends who ride in constantly and online forums before going hor. Bikes are easy target… not sure what’s the rate for msx to be  “taken” if you intend to park and shop there. Just go YouTube and see how fast any bikes can be “taken”. All I can say is it’s lesser than 60 seconds🙈

Msx shld be quite low since theres Not much people riding msx there.. even if they wan to export oso not much value to export a msx.. so can only pray tt no one target my bike lor.. hahaha

1 hour ago, Janeoh said:

Ya.... if the bike is powerful it really doesn't feel like anything. When I drive on NS I need to keep watch on my speed cos it so easy to go above 110... I agree the NS drivers tend to be more considerate. 

Not i driving but we definitely go higher than tt speed.... 110 is actually too slow.. Lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Not i driving but we definitely go higher than tt speed.... 110 is actually too slow.. Lol 

That's why need to keep watching the speedometer lor... cos alway "accidentally" too fast 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Janeoh said:

That's why need to keep watching the speedometer lor... cos alway "accidentally" too fast 😂

No la.. its call decarboning the car 🤣🤣 next time bike can do it oso 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nakuru said:

No la.. its call decarboning the car 🤣🤣 next time bike can do it oso 

😂😂😂😂😂 I decarbon the car when I just change oil hahhaa… for bike… don’t know why but every day also seems like need to decarbon 🙊🙊🙊😂😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wah... my cdc orientation got Sunday slot liao. I'm hoping for Monday slot. Must check more tmr 😂

meanwhile... my car went to workshop. AC compressor spoil 😭😭😭 heartpain... my wallet... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...