SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

Just now, Janeoh said:

Wah... my cdc orientation got Sunday slot liao. I'm hoping for Monday slot. Must check more tmr 😂

meanwhile... my car went to workshop. AC compressor spoil 😭😭😭 heartpain... my wallet... 

ahhh? sunday u cant make it ah.. oh no so wasted.. 

wah.. maybe run out of coolant issit?

53 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

ahhh? sunday u cant make it ah.. oh no so wasted.. 

wah.. maybe run out of coolant issit?

It's the slot w no eye check anyway 😂 but ya I'm bringing kids to legoland. Hahahahah 

Mechanic say no leh it's just not "pumping". Compressor spoilt. He said not just no gas 😂 I wish it was just not gas! Hahahah just pump gas and call it a day. Few days not cold then we'll call it a leak 😜 

Why no Monday Slot?!? 😂 I suspect they don't do orientation on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. After one week of stalking.

7586CC67-C541-4687-A86F-CBF5BA49F23A.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

It's the slot w no eye check anyway 😂 but ya I'm bringing kids to legoland. Hahahahah 

Mechanic say no leh it's just not "pumping". Compressor spoilt. He said not just no gas 😂 I wish it was just not gas! Hahahah just pump gas and call it a day. Few days not cold then we'll call it a leak 😜 

Why no Monday Slot?!? 😂 I suspect they don't do orientation on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. After one week of stalking.

They could be short of manpower.. but tbh if really need to take halfday leave then juz take lor... Better than u keep waiting then cannot start anything.. muz faster do while u still have the motivation for it

7 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

They could be short of manpower.. but tbh if really need to take halfday leave then juz take lor... Better than u keep waiting then cannot start anything.. muz faster do while u still have the motivation for it

I know my hb won't do that one. 😂 just wait... train my patience 😂😂 he'll take leave at some point... 

7 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

I know my hb won't do that one. 😂 just wait... train my patience 😂😂 he'll take leave at some point... 

Haha.. but like tt very waste time lor.. later ur 1 yr membership up then need to renew somemore.. 

12 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Haha.. but like tt very waste time lor.. later ur 1 yr membership up then need to renew somemore.. 

wahahaha. I finally booked the orientation. Next Tuesday night 😂 told hb. Fine. We'll just do eye sight test another day. 😑 so mafan. 

Orientation don't need to dress of riding hor? No need gear (helmet/guards)... shorts/berms, tshirt can? Hahahah 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

wahahaha. I finally booked the orientation. Next Tuesday night 😂 told hb. Fine. We'll just do eye sight test another day. 😑 so mafan. 

Hahaha nice! At least if u wait till pissed off u can proceed the lesson on ur own 😂😂

37 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Orientation don't need to dress of riding hor? No need gear (helmet/guards)... shorts/berms, tshirt can? Hahahah 😂

Think its only introduce you to the bike, place and location and at most put it on the stand and push it off the stand. Wear shoes and jeans to protect your legs. T-shirt should be ok ba. 

11 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

I booked for both of us 😂

would be funny if u get your license before him... hahahaa 

13 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

I mean for future lessons 😂

Oh... cannot lah. He said do together... unless I need extra lessons to keep up 😂😂

9 minutes ago, Siphon said:

Think its only introduce you to the bike, place and location and at most put it on the stand and push it off the stand. Wear shoes and jeans to protect your legs. T-shirt should be ok ba. 

would be funny if u get your license before him... hahahaa 

Okie... will wear shoes. Hmm... might have to buy shoes 😂 

no lah... I hope we can go for test on the same day. If I have to retest is another thing lah boh pian... 😂

2 hours ago, Janeoh said:

1 hour ago, Siphon said:

Yep.. n oso brief u wat to do for the whole course.. for practical / theory / simulator. I had a tough time trying to put it on stand n off the stand the last time.. hahaha.. full body ache the next day 

• Haha 1

Wow... one week away and from 1 page become 6 pages.. LOL..

Been away due to some emergency matters within my family.. meanwhile.. 

On 6/6/2022 at 9:19 PM, snooptrader said:

Ok, I'm likely to sign up for BBDC, reason of distance, they are pretty the same distance from my place in the east, but if reference point to my stop over in the West, BBDC is really close. I'll just enroll and see how I go.. ok, I'll start posting once I make it even for the HBTL... It's gonna be a heck of a ride from east to west but I'll not go CDC for sure as close as it might be... ☺️

LOL.. ok la.. depends on your preferences locations.. My friends travelled from west side to CDC.. and you travel from east to BBDC.. really up to individual.. :)

On 6/8/2022 at 2:47 PM, Janeoh said:

Oh! So in the end u went with BBDC?
My hb and I just enrolled with CDC! 

Now i’m suddenly trying to see if I can get the UTAP funding from NTUC 😂 so don’t wanna book anything yet. Anyway, the CDC booking quite bad. For the Circuit orientation programme only have dates for the coming 1 week. Cannot book further in advance?!? 

Let’s see how this thing goes… I read that it can take up to 27 lessons to get a 2B license. 

awesome! n I also heard UTAP funding from Nakuru a few days ago.. LOL.. and yeah.. Orientation I believe it's based on their manpower..

On 6/8/2022 at 6:16 PM, Janeoh said:

😂 still must pay cash first lah...the claim happens when the license is obtained. BUT must be NTUC member before starting the course.  That's why I'm like... looking here and there. 

will find out more about lesson booking as I go along but really there are like 3 slots available for the orientation... 😑 I think I can apply for NTUC member while I wait 😂

good la.. at least can claim back some amount.. I gotten my 2B like almost 15-18 years ago.. LOL..

On 6/9/2022 at 7:44 AM, Nakuru said:

Im gonna just live chat later see what they says also.. if can claim majority i dun mind getting the union membership for 1 year sia.. i spent about 1k so far le.. hahaha 

Ya 10k sia. Crazy. Dun think the recession will hit anytime soon. But u can consider getting a 2nd hand bike for a start since u may still lack in riding experience even after u pass 2B.. 

Yes yes.. 2nd hand bikes usually are better.. but best to get any riders who DIY to go and check for defects.. (usually same models)

On 6/9/2022 at 11:49 AM, Janeoh said:

Wow! Thanks for checking 😊 I'll just apply now and don't need to start so soon, since no time slot also 😑

And we're both >40 😂 that's why it's worth it. 

more experience = better and easier to get license.. but.. dun bring the bad habits to school.. LOL...

On 6/10/2022 at 7:18 PM, snooptrader said:

I don't think I will buy a bike so soon.. I want to see how I can really handle the vehicle or not.. I mean, riding is really being able to survive the roads...
(Don't laugh but I've a penchant for scooters) Though I like bikes...

*sorry for late reply as work was really busy and ironically, on a Friday, where most are out. I'm just chilling behind my screen... LOL

Can one la.. See so many bikes on the road.. just nowadays raining.. some riders don't ride in the rain.. (I'll still ride if I have a errand to run) :)

On 6/10/2022 at 7:39 PM, snooptrader said:

Nice!!!! Is it the Honda CBR 150? I'm thinking of getting the CBR159 ExMotion...

Nice nice.. I was originally thinking of this bike 2 years ago before I got my 2A.. but.. my bike shop told me.. 2B speed cap at 100-10x.. this serious put me off.. Cuz I was originally riding a 2 stroke.. easily 110.. 

thus I gotten a 2A instead.. LOL..

On 6/10/2022 at 10:21 PM, Siphon said:

if you ride safe and check all your blind spot and stay away from big vehicles... you'll be alright. 

Don't lane split at higher speed too. That's usually why people get into accidents. Following too close to vehicles especially those big trucks is a bad idea. Their braking power is like 10 times better than our bikes because their tire base is 10 times wider hahaha with huge brake disk... 

On the road it's all about instinct, take note of bikes and cars not moving straight.. 

Bikes = they could lane split to your lane too fast for you to notice.

cars not moving straight = using phone or line of sight not on the road.

On 6/10/2022 at 10:24 PM, snooptrader said:

Spoken like a true experienced rider...

The question I want to ask all experience riders is...
"When checking blind spots, how do you ensure the vehicle in front don't pull a jammy while I turn my head?"
As a driver, I get some of these things..

I intend to ride till old.. As much as I like excitement; I've seen some really gory images to remind me how vulnerable the human anatomy is.

Thank you very much and appreciate inputs from experience riders. No need tricks; need tips to survive

safe following distance.. and check fast.. really fast.. less then 1s if possible.. Usually 2 second rule is the best but hard to judge for new riders.. just keep a distance where you know you can safely jam your bike.. thus I dislike cars lane swap infront of me.. 

Wait got license you confirm got alot more questions and you look at things differently from driver.. :)

On 6/11/2022 at 12:01 AM, snooptrader said:

I'm already "uncle" enough not to want to put a box... hahahah I am pretty sure I won't buy bike until I get my license.... I just want to have the skill to really ride a bike and then maybe buy a bike.

hahahaha... I also uncle la.. both my previous and current bike also have box.. it's a need if you intend to ride in Singapore where weather is super unpredictable.. Else get those mini box like TP.. put your wallet and etc only lor..

On 6/11/2022 at 8:35 AM, snooptrader said:

So fierce! 😅 (I'm kidding there, no offense please)

Yes, wanted it since young, but honestly speaking, if I had it if I was eighteen, I really won't be here in this forum.

No, not looking to be like Mr. Cruise of Topgun fame who flies Planes, Helicopters (choppers for yanks.. hey wait... choppers are bikes :D ) and ride (read races..) bikes. 
.... but ya... talk only!!! Nakuru-san.. straight to the point! Hahah, you must be doing front line work! (i.e client facing)

On the "box"... damn Uncle.. I already look like one... no need to stamp and affirm ... :D

haha.. if you have a bike in eighteen, we will really be meeting up at Kallang Mac/KFC and might even already become buddies.. hahahaha.. 

(Maybe even tour in Thailand already) 😛

On 6/11/2022 at 11:48 AM, Janeoh said:

Me too!! My dad encouraged me to learn when I was 18, so I started. Then I fell off the bike and had some abrasion on the elbow, my denim jacket tore... so my mom found out 😂 and I was made to stop. She was so angry w my father and I! 

even now I don't wanna tell her 😂 

we're hoping to buy Honda super cub when we pass 😂

Standard.. back in the days, gals usually "not allowed" unless they are some.. ah lians or etc.. haha..

On 6/11/2022 at 1:23 PM, Janeoh said:

I thought theory do online? Only need to go down for the test? Internal evaluation is online or must go down also? 😅

we've both been driving since we were 18... like we just told our children we've been driving more than we've not been driving 😂 so old ("boomer!")

I figure the riding theory test (which lasts 1 yr) maybe I wait until lesson 4/5 of practical then do 😂 who knows I might take 1 yr to get there wait RTT expire liao 😂 

most stuff need to go down but I think covid period was set to online for easier access and lesser manpower.. nowadays not sure if it's back to classroom or still online.. I presume online as it's lesser manpower required?

On 6/11/2022 at 2:48 PM, Janeoh said:

for the eye sight test, my hb needs to take leave so... might as well coincide with the orientation. At least with that, don't need to book a "eye test" Appt as well! So many Appts 😂they must think we very free. Thankfully we're just doing it as hobby. So can take own sweet time.... when I finally start I'll let u know 😂I stalk the website first.  I'm sure at some point in the next two months I'll get something. Maybe now busier cos the uni kids haven't started school 😂

ok la.. Hobby still ok but at least complete it within a year.. else a. few things need to top up.. :)

On 6/11/2022 at 5:01 PM, Janeoh said:

Ya... it'll definitely be a slow process for us. He keeps telling me it's a "hobby" no need to cheong. 😂

Something to do besides eat supper. 

LOLOL... you 2 so cute.. Ask my wife go, she confirm scold me.. LOL..

On 6/11/2022 at 7:29 PM, Nakuru said:

If u're on it already i would suggest to faster finish actually.. cos it is all about muscle memories.. the longer u drag might need longer time to pass unless u're really gd at it.. 

Next time can ride bike go out supper le lor.. hahaha

Yes yes.. agreed.. muscle memories.. :) 

Yes.. supper.. waiting for you to pass and jio me.. LOL..

On 6/11/2022 at 8:49 PM, Nakuru said:

Actually 1-2 lesson a week is normal la.. i oso every week 1 lesson.. but i took avg 2-3 tries to pass each lesson la.. lesson 6 was my worst cos driver's bad habit very strong so i repeated 4 times 😂 

Huh? Now cdc also changed to 1 lesson per booking? Last time not like tt de sia.. cdc last time can book multiples at 1 time de.. SSDC is 1 lesson per booking somemore u cannot check schedule anymore if u already have a lesson booked.. n actually theres no point in booking too many slots for each lesson cos u'll nv noe whether u can pass in 1 try or need multiple tries.. 

Yeah.. CDC is 1 lesson per booking.. 

On 6/11/2022 at 9:21 PM, Nakuru said:

Example when u lane change, if there's no car u will just change or juz turn into the lane u wan rite.. but now everything need to stick to the book way 😂 

Dun think they have much choice cos theres alot of ppl using bots to spam book the booking system then end up they have to make it so stupid to block the bots. 

yeah lor.. no choice de.. instructors ma.. so need to follow book.. They want you to pass TP instead of fail also.. TP more expensive then normal lessons..

On 6/11/2022 at 9:36 PM, Janeoh said:

Ah... you mean turn head to check blind spot? I still do that! Cos I think my car's blind spot quite big 😂 and I have to check for bikes sneaking up on me 😜😜

hehehe I still do that leh... I still park w my window and wing mirrors also!

yeah.. I still turn my head.. very important unless your car have sensor.. side sensors that indicate your blind spot got vehicle 

On 6/11/2022 at 9:42 PM, Nakuru said:

Hahaha i oso still got do blindspot check hor.. but wat i meant is like u 1 lane turning sometimes instead of sticking to right most lane, u will juz go into the 2nd lane if theres no other cars or bike ma.. such habits lor.. mine is mostly on lane switching la..

LOL.. this is bad habit.. 😛 

On 6/11/2022 at 9:48 PM, Janeoh said:

Oh! U mean switching lanes while turning if there are more than one turning lanes? Hhahah 🫣🤭

Right now my mean concern (besides booking) is why no auto license! I think I'll be stalling the bike a lot.. cannot move off. 😂😂😂 stuck in lesson 1. 

2B no auto yet.. but if you want.. after passing got scooters.. 😛

On 6/11/2022 at 11:01 PM, snooptrader said:

Yes, in my case, must say parents knew best… even now in their twilight years. Box, will think about it. Now, must look for my helmet… found the old one which I used to have when pillion but the plastic was old and the visor broke… I should have taken a photo… but now in recycle bin. *Don’t look back. 

Will buy a new one. Any recommendations? No “Hello Kitty” even though I ride like Valentine Rosie (not Valentino Rossi aka The Doctor) … just a plain open face, but of course must be approved. :D 

On the box, I guess, will think about it… I just like bikes without the boxes… but after being more season…. Who knows.. will probably get one.. which means… Am I buying on? :D 

With box no box.. both ok la.. as long you have some waterproof bag to protect your valuables.. :) 

On 6/11/2022 at 11:01 PM, Nakuru said:

Haha there is auto de... For handicaps only.. 😂 

Nvm la...at the start sure stall alot de.. i stall alot but oso pass lesson 1 in 3 tries.. ok la.. no issue for u 

👍

On 6/11/2022 at 11:11 PM, snooptrader said:

Yea, need to get some guards and helmet.. will check into Carousell. For helmet…. Will still get an “okay” open face for learning.. it’s really to protect as and not for sure..

Going to do eye-test tomorrow… :D at BBDC… they are open weekdays… I should post some images..

Yes.. guards can get from carousell

helmet get brand new.. (helmet has expiry dates also LOL..) about 5 years shelf life.. usage about 3 years..

On 6/11/2022 at 11:19 PM, Nakuru said:

Get like tt can liao:https://carousell.app.link/5hhnP0I9LqbITry to as if u can change the headliner to armsleeves or not.. will be more useful eventually.. hahaha

If u go down shop buy separately oso price sama sama.. u can go racing world or lim ah boy see see oso.. ask if they can give discount or not.. haha 

Yes.. Racing world nearby CDC.. depending on comfort level/head shape/size.. need to try different brand..

On 6/11/2022 at 11:30 PM, snooptrader said:

I was just browsing through and looking at the helmets with sunvisor (are they allowed?) I mean can push up right? :D I might just go down to see… I got my last helmet from L.A.B but that was ages ago…… Yea… Don’t need headliner… for now.. We are allowed to wear t-shirts and arm sleeves to learn? If so, that’s really cool.. :) 

T shirt/arm sleeve can.. But no shorts/slippers...

On 6/11/2022 at 11:40 PM, snooptrader said:

Ok, will get those dual visors… the inner one like sun-glasses and the top one is clear…

I thought of getting this… but worried will get “marked”

Check out 'HJC CS-15 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet Solid PSB APPROVED', available at S$150 on #Carousell https://carousell.app.link/2FohOWubMqb

This looks good.. but full face on 2B lessons.. try not to ba.. not marked.. but could be stared at.. LOL..

On 6/12/2022 at 11:45 AM, snooptrader said:

I couldn't “quote” using mobile… really crowded for a Sunday. 
Will get a reasonable open face… I’ll still use if I’m lucky to go through everything. ☺️

441B6151-FC32-42E9-90BD-4EA2F0866571.jpeg

ok la.. CDC alot more.. hahahaha.. we need to brush against each other to walk... so you know la..

On 6/12/2022 at 3:51 PM, snooptrader said:

Finally managed to see the booking screen logging in; I can see that there is no lack of eager candidates. I think my earliest session for theory is in July. I'm pretty much amazed, but I guess, it's the journey... well, started from the East to West side of Singapore and I'm at my "stop-over zone" in the West.. So, got to keep telling myself that it is worth it... so, posting this on a laptop instead of my usual desktop station... 

I guess I will book the practical lesson first in the mean time... if I managed to get a slot. :D 

can la.. just start and don't stop.. LOL...

On 6/12/2022 at 4:09 PM, snooptrader said:

Yes, will have to endure the S$3.80+ per liter of 98/- in the mean time from east to west 36mins each time in clear traffice. Ok, will take your kind advice and check on those dates constantly. I'll keep logging on and try to be familiar with the system. 

I got my eye checked but wasn't issued anything. I assumed it was fine. :) 

Really appreciate the kind help there all... makes it less lonely in a way... :D I guess 2B is challenging... like doing some chartered course.... :D 

haix.. the pricing of the fuel.. thus.. I also want to go pump in JB.. but again.. lazy to tahan the craziness of custom.. and you know la.. for cars they tailgate you.. for bikes.. they bump your rear wheel.. 😅

On 6/12/2022 at 6:29 PM, Janeoh said:

You go JB every week? I'm just trying to get the MySejahtera app going I'm like 😵💫😵💫😵💫 liao 

now I only pump 95. Also chor.... 😂

no need the app already... I downloaded and never use.. LOL..

On 6/12/2022 at 8:37 PM, Janeoh said:

So hardcore!! My ambition is to ride around Singapore to eat supper 😂

My dad went all the way to Thailand... back in the day. My mom was so angry w him 😂

But then again.. her brother passed away, found in a ravine along the NS... so...

sorry to hear about it.. 

Nice nice.. when your dad ride up to Thailand? Is he active in this forum last time?

21 hours ago, Nakuru said:

No la.. its call decarboning the car 🤣🤣 next time bike can do it oso 

hahahaha... yes.. decarbonise.. but go JB workshop decarbonise better.. they burn all carbon manually for you.. LOL..

13 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Yeah.. orientation is based on manpower if I'm not wrong.. 

12 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Yes yes.. do it fast and it's over in no time.. Later drag until forget you sign up.. LOL...

12 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Awesome! ok la.. East side.. nearby only...

Orientation usually they don't allow riding.. so no need helmet/guards... (even for 2A/2) 

no shorts and berms la.. slippers also cannot.. Riding is very particular about attire.. 

9 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Yep.. n oso brief u wat to do for the whole course.. for practical / theory / simulator. I had a tough time trying to put it on stand n off the stand the last time.. hahaha.. full body ache the next day 

Yes yes.. for the entire course and etc.. I personally find it a bit waste time for 2A/2... Cuz we experienced already.. 

Yeah.. cuz you small size ma.. LOL

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

40 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

awesome! n I also heard UTAP funding from Nakuru a few days ago.. LOL.. and yeah.. Orientation I believe it's based on their manpower..

hahaha cos i learnt it from here ma..

43 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

Yes yes.. agreed.. muscle memories.. :) 

Yes.. supper.. waiting for you to pass and jio me.. LOL..

i dun think i can pass my lesson 8 later.. my confidence level is in the shit low level now.. 😢

46 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

Yes yes.. for the entire course and etc.. I personally find it a bit waste time for 2A/2... Cuz we experienced already.. 

Yeah.. cuz you small size ma.. LOL

well, they do it with the benefit of doubt that some people got their 2b from other schools so should go thru briefing ma.. 

17 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

hahaha cos i learnt it from here ma..

i dun think i can pass my lesson 8 later.. my confidence level is in the shit low level now.. 😢

well, they do it with the benefit of doubt that some people got their 2b from other schools so should go thru briefing ma.. 

LOL.. icic...

Can la.. muscle memories.. 😛 Just let your body do the job and just remember the procedure.. ;) Later update us good news hor.. hahahaha

Maybe lor.. I heard from other people they went for 1 round on their orientation lessons (2A/2)... But not for me.. haix...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

1 minute ago, adesmond2 said:

LOL.. icic...

Can la.. muscle memories.. 😛 Just let your body do the job and just remember the procedure.. ;) Later update us good news hor.. hahahaha

Maybe lor.. I heard from other people they went for 1 round on their orientation lessons (2A/2)... But not for me.. haix...

my muscle memory lead mi to bang the cone last week.. lolol.. i so stressed i was crying yesterday after i got home sia.. jialat lor.. lesson 8 i so stressed liao dunno how im gonna handle my TP.. chui max

depends on the instructor la.. usually they wun de.. 

14 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

my muscle memory lead mi to bang the cone last week.. lolol.. i so stressed i was crying yesterday after i got home sia.. jialat lor.. lesson 8 i so stressed liao dunno how im gonna handle my TP.. chui max

depends on the instructor la.. usually they wun de.. 

aiyo.. dun cry la.. ask your hub to bring you out "blow blow wind" (In Chinese) ;)

3 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

aiyo.. dun cry la.. ask your hub to bring you out "blow blow wind" (In Chinese) ;)

i ownself ride my bike go blow blow wind together even better. can find u for supper oso. think i give myself too much stress. argh.. 

51 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

i ownself ride my bike go blow blow wind together even better. can find u for supper oso. think i give myself too much stress. argh.. 

ehhh.. dun bah.. not worth to risk it.. 

5 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

ehhh.. dun bah.. not worth to risk it.. 

lolol i mean if i can pass n get my 2b license then i can do that officially wat. so i dun wan to fail later 

6 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

lolol i mean if i can pass n get my 2b license then i can do that officially wat. so i dun wan to fail later 

haha.. okok... once you pass then we can officially ride out.. Ask your hub come along lor.. we go along Seletar Airport area.. weekday evening.. :)

I'll show you a few nice spots to take photos.. LOL.. 

3 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

haha.. okok... once you pass then we can officially ride out.. Ask your hub come along lor.. we go along Seletar Airport area.. weekday evening.. :)

I'll show you a few nice spots to take photos.. LOL.. 

he will definitely come along de.. tt 1 no need to ask 1.. by default de.. hahaha 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

Wow... one week away and from 1 page become 6 pages.. LOL..

Been away due to some emergency matters within my family.. meanwhile.. 

Nice nice.. I was originally thinking of this bike 2 years ago before I got my 2A.. but.. my bike shop told me.. 2B speed cap at 100-10x.. this serious put me off.. Cuz I was originally riding a 2 stroke.. easily 110.. 

thus I gotten a 2A instead.. LOL..

On the road it's all about instinct, take note of bikes and cars not moving straight.. 

Bikes = they could lane split to your lane too fast for you to notice.

cars not moving straight = using phone or line of sight not on the road.

safe following distance.. and check fast.. really fast.. less then 1s if possible.. Usually 2 second rule is the best but hard to judge for new riders.. just keep a distance where you know you can safely jam your bike.. thus I dislike cars lane swap infront of me.. 

Wait got license you confirm got alot more questions and you look at things differently from driver.. :)

hahahaha... I also uncle la.. both my previous and current bike also have box.. it's a need if you intend to ride in Singapore where weather is super unpredictable.. Else get those mini box like TP.. put your wallet and etc only lor..

haha.. if you have a bike in eighteen, we will really be meeting up at Kallang Mac/KFC and might even already become buddies.. hahahaha.. 

(Maybe even tour in Thailand already) 😛

With box no box.. both ok la.. as long you have some waterproof bag to protect your valuables.. :) 

Yes.. guards can get from carousell

helmet get brand new.. (helmet has expiry dates also LOL..) about 5 years shelf life.. usage about 3 years..

Yes.. Racing world nearby CDC.. depending on comfort level/head shape/size.. need to try different brand..

T shirt/arm sleeve can.. But no shorts/slippers...

This looks good.. but full face on 2B lessons.. try not to ba.. not marked.. but could be stared at.. LOL..

Hi @adesmond2, hope everything is alright with the family. Sometimes I want to reply but work has been really busy and by the time I get home, have to run some household errands. 

Glad you are around to contribute to newbies like myself. 

I went onto YouTube and looked at some bikes and I saw that the Yamaha MT-15 looks like a good candidate for handling. A local YouTuber reviewed it and said handling is fantastic. It looks like a transformer (not that I am a fan to keep the figurine LOL)

I would not try to lane split… maybe because I’m not a two wheeler now and can’t have that perception of riding safely in that manner for now. 

The journey to the license seems pretty long and arduous but will try the best to get it. Yes, after passing, even more questions will arise as the aim is to survive the roads. 

I might go down to L.A.B to pick up the helmet… last model I pillioned with was Hyper, not sure if they still sell that…. LOL

Alternatively, can go down to “Racing World” as recommended. 

I won’t wear slippers when riding, even if own bike. Too dangerous… 

Last but not least.. no FF helmet… I’ll just get a relatively alright “open face” …. Once have license, will buy a mesh jacket for sure. That comes before any machine. The bike itself… don’t think I’ll get that license… I will be shot first… hahaha… step one, to apply for practical lessons.. will post more photos… on the journey, like buying gear and such… 

Appreciate the people in the community here.. :) 

20 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Hi @adesmond2, hope everything is alright with the family. Sometimes I want to reply but work has been really busy and by the time I get home, have to run some household errands. 

Glad you are around to contribute to newbies like myself. 

I went onto YouTube and looked at some bikes and I saw that the Yamaha MT-15 looks like a good candidate for handling. A local YouTuber reviewed it and said handling is fantastic. It looks like a transformer (not that I am a fan to keep the figurine LOL)

I would not try to lane split… maybe because I’m not a two wheeler now and can’t have that perception of riding safely in that manner for now. 

The journey to the license seems pretty long and arduous but will try the best to get it. Yes, after passing, even more questions will arise as the aim is to survive the roads. 

I might go down to L.A.B to pick up the helmet… last model I pillioned with was Hyper, not sure if they still sell that…. LOL

Alternatively, can go down to “Racing World” as recommended. 

I won’t wear slippers when riding, even if own bike. Too dangerous… 

Last but not least.. no FF helmet… I’ll just get a relatively alright “open face” …. Once have license, will buy a mesh jacket for sure. That comes before any machine. The bike itself… don’t think I’ll get that license… I will be shot first… hahaha… step one, to apply for practical lessons.. will post more photos… on the journey, like buying gear and such… 

Appreciate the people in the community here.. :) 

thanks thanks.. all settled within the family already..

haha.. no la.. workload is pretty light recently.. will get heavy in another few months time.. hahah..

Mt-15 also not bad... (I'm riding MT03 myself) LOL..

Lane split slowly ba.. I encountered a few near miss and accidentally get "trapped" and bump into a merc before.. luckily no dent no scratch... so dun ever lane spilt while turning.. LOL...

Yup... Road survival tips is important like lane spilt while turning is no no.. not matter how safe it may look like..

Hyper also not bad.. but it's a old brand.. not sure still have or not.. Racing world also a good alternatively place to get a open face helmet..

Honestly... I'm wearing slippers daily... hahahhahahhaha

Hope to see more post from you.. maybe can start a new thread = Journey towards biking world.. ;)