Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?


CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

9 members have voted

  1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

    • BBDC
      5
    • CDC
      4


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Hahaha that means I got something wrong and I don't know what 😂 and somehow that makes me feel less bad about it. 

the answer i really think is 2.. cos i rmb going home n went wtf at my husb like since when lane 1 overtaking cannot exceed speed limit

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2022 at 12:28 AM, Janeoh said:

 

my hb forfeited the lesson. He said he still can't lift his work bag with the left hand and it hurts to type. He doesn't think it's worth the strain and further injury. He'll probably go see a Dr on Monday. He's been dropping stuff too - like a coffee can, which landed on his toe and left a bruise on it. 

 

how's your hb's hand? did he see a Dr?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, shiba2b said:

how's your hb's hand? did he see a Dr?

I think it still hurts though last week after an acupuncture session w his father, his wrist "kiak" very loudly and he said it was just sore not in pain anymore. 

He's booked for 1 Oct with a Sun session following it. I don't know if he'll go for it yet. We'll see....... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2022 at 1:08 AM, Nakuru said:

 

I managed to do a leg raise yesterday.. 😭

👍 time will slowly heal most wounds.. :) 

 

On 9/24/2022 at 7:45 AM, Janeoh said:

 

Did my 3 sim sessions yesterday. Even on sim bike I'm too tense. 😂 after the first session my neck and shoulder ached so badly 😅

 

normal bah.. try to tell the instructor you cannot balance the bike so that you can permission to put both legs down.. 😛 

but again.. finished ler.. so nvm.. haha..

 

On 9/24/2022 at 12:28 PM, Janeoh said:

Ya... it took about 10 mins 😂 I doubt myself and got the question wrong. I still don't know why I would always sabo myself like that. 😂 

for @snooptrader you haven't take right? The question I got wrong was:

(Paraphrase) you are allowed to go above the max speed limit when:

1) other vehicles are going above the speed limit

2) never legally allowed

3) are overtaking other vehicles. 
 

😂😂😂 can die! My hb is like seriously?!? Hahahaha I can even remember my mom got pulled over when she was going 80 on the pie back in the 80s cos the TP said she was hogging the road. 

My hb has two mistakes he doesn't know what he got wrong. Probably just read wrongly 😂

I believe 3 also.. but the safest answer is always 2.. (this kind of trick question usually less then 5) cuz they wan you to stay as safe as you can.. :)

 

 

On 9/24/2022 at 11:54 PM, Nakuru said:

Textbook answer is never legally allowed.. real life is when over taking other vehicles.. haha 

Somehow today i cant really do a leg raise.. :(

 

23 hours ago, Janeoh said:

 

That's what I chose!!!!!!!

i told hb after the test and he said J's #3. He said that's in the book.  He skimmed through the book. 😑 he said then you have like 15 secs to get back to regulated speed. 

i admit I never read textbook 😂

if Ortho say can then should start.  The public one no availability issit? Oct?!? If can afford,  go Pte first. Cos my injury prone hb really believes in physio. He always preach cannot he lazy about it, the earlier the better... must be consistent etc etc.  can tell he's a big believer in physio! 😂 I've never done I know that it's super painful. 
 

got meh? ask him to show you the text book answer lor.. haha...

yeah.. I remember they always say, do daily and as soon as you have the energy, do again.. and etc etc...

 

 

13 hours ago, shiba2b said:

can do all 3 sim sessions in one day? that saves alot of travel time.

my time a few mths ago, could only book one at a time. Waiting time between sessions was a week or so. I had to book a practical lesson after each sim session to make the most of each trip.

Book 3 in one day but will need to leave a 20min session of break in between...

 

12 hours ago, shiba2b said:

to mark my 1 month anniversary of getting the 2B license, i went on a 3D2N ride around the lower half of Peninsular Msia 😊 Covered around 900km on both east coast and west coast, mostly on B-roads. Didn't use NSHW at all until the last section just to get to 2nd Link.

Rained on Friday afternoon and today (Sunday) morning 🤣 but good fun all the same. 

lessons learnt - 

1) bike needs a windshield and more luggage capacity for road trips. This bike has a medium size top box and i carried a 35L backpack.

2) get rain covers for my boots LOL. Will also bring my spare gloves for longer rides.

3) it takes longer to make the same journey by bike than car, mostly because i'm new to this and the bike is small cc. And i tried to take shelter during heavy thunderstorms, so that's time wasted. 

4) when riding during rain, i am torn between choosing fall protection (black color riding jacket) vs visibility (neon yellow rain coat). My rain coat can't fit over my riding jacket but the rain pants can fit over my riding jeans. In the end i chose to be visible and ride even slower LOL. 

 

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-25 at 17.22.42.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-25 at 17.22.42 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-25 at 17.22.43.jpeg

Nice trip! Been awhile since I tour.. Nov will be heading to a scenic place (touch and go (come back)).. LOL... along NSH.. so not so bad as yours.. :)

 

12 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Hmm, I think the MT03 looks really good! Thought that it looks like a street fighterish... I guess it's the kinda look that I like.. your engine must be really powerful.

yeah.. not bad look... cuz the tail is high enough making it look like sport bike.. but hor.. when you wan to "go down on the fuel tank".. it felt really weird.. dunno if it's a entire structure or etc.. just cannot fit a position and ride for more then 5min.. not really powerful.. more like laterally street bike lor.. no additional power.. just open throttle and it moves lor.. max speed cap at 170 (based on what I heard) will be testing it on Nov when I go NSH.. haha...

 

12 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Ya... can but not back to back. Have to wait total of 40 mins. But I just devoted Friday morning to getting it done. Another person was also doing the same thing for her class 3. So we just waited and chatted. 😂

managed to even fit in 25 mins of e-trial session, did two papers then went to get my car and pick up my kids. 

booked a tyre rotation and balancing plus wash and vac. Then just left the car there. Free parking for the win! 😂😂😂

😂 👍

 

11 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Im now able to bend to 90 degrees.. hopefully it gets enough strength to support the body weight to walk soon..🥲

ok la.. can de.. ;)

 

8 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Hahaha that means I got something wrong and I don't know what 😂 and somehow that makes me feel less bad about it. 

dun be.. pass can liaoz.. haha..

 

8 hours ago, Nakuru said:

the answer i really think is 2.. cos i rmb going home n went wtf at my husb like since when lane 1 overtaking cannot exceed speed limit

LOL.. can exceed by 5km/h if I'm not wrong.. that's why they always give a buffer of 5km/h on expressway.. normal road is based on road condition.. (just last week) I was going on par speed with a taxi and I saw a person holding on the speed camera.. =.=

I think we (Taxi and I) are travelling at about 55km/h on a 50km/h road... let's see if I receive love letter or not.. 😂 (back side itchy go small road, next time just follow my usual route of expressway) haha...

  • Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2022 at 6:24 PM, snooptrader said:

3.02
It was raining this weekend and was hoping that the weather would have washed out before the lesson began.

Had to go to the office for system testing and it was really a busy week as was shifting office and hence the testing on a weekend.
The test went well and should be "alright" for a Monday.

Next, got ready for today's lesson which was the e-brake lesson. Took my guards out and by the time I left the house for the lesson, it was already less than an hour. It takes approximately an hour to reach BBDC comfortably.

Thankfully traffic wasn't too heavy despite some works along the road and managed to get to the waiting area at about 3:12pm. Weather by then was quite sunny to cloudy which meant that no rain coat was needed, thankfully!
 

Wore the guards even before heading into BBDC (which of course probably meant I look a little clownish) and then sat down and waited before "3.02" was called by the instructor.

Told to choose a bike and found a bike which had a nice number but the indicator light on the rear left was dangling.. :D Instructor told us to go on a warm up round before stopping at the end of the e-brake section.

There it was explained the concept of first, taking the bike up to speed of about 30km/h before stopping the bike in a manner that is deemed safe.

First up, we were waiting at the end of the skid pad section and the instructor demonstrated on how to stop .... to be continued with "edit"... dinner is here... :D

Had a long dinner with apologies and back…

First demonstration by the instructor; rear brakes only, then front brakes only, then the correct method of front and rear brakes.

Using the rear brakes only will see a fish tail scenario where the rear of the bike loses control.

Using the front brakes solely will see the bike distance extend beyond what is optimal. I am sure the instructor did not grab the brakes or it would have not gone well.

Next, he demonstrated if he used both brakes; 60% on the front and 40% on the rear… it looked really nice without stalling.

We were told to try without going too fast…

Yours truly tried to go and get the technique right, but the mistakes made were mainly, switching off the throttle too early, before the cone where the rider is supposed to shut off the throttle and depress the brakes in a firm and gradual manner.

There were instances where instinctively, also kicked down the gears which were a no no. I think the instructor today really explained the mistakes that I made and took things to go back to reflect.

Important things. 
After the bike is stopped; in an e-brake situation; one’s gear ain’t gonna be in gear one. So, please, check left, and then lift the left leg to kick down the gears to gear 1. Next, signal right and then check back before moving off.

I realise that checking our side before doing something has bearings to safety (from a driving perspective; I’m not an experienced rider) and it hit home to me that riders are really street smart to watch out for things.

In the end, after a good amount of practice, managed to get the braking “okay”. 

Managed to gratefully go to the next round… :) 

 

 

hmm... i thought the procedure is to check right, put right foot down then raise left leg to downshift to gear 1? Then check left and put left foot down (and raise right foot back to foot peg)  The idea is to check traffic on the side that you are putting a foot down on and leaning towards.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, shiba2b said:

 

hmm... i thought the procedure is to check right, put right foot down then raise left leg to downshift to gear 1? Then check left and put left foot down (and raise right foot back to foot peg)  The idea is to check traffic on the side that you are putting a foot down on and leaning towards.

 

You are right! :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally clear Lesson 3 😂 but I dropped my bike once. Dunno what happen to my usual dropping of bike and call it quits - my right leg was resting on the exhaust pipe! So I got a small burn 😂 Also have bruise on shin and a blister. 
 

whatever it is... next up... plank 😂

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Finally clear Lesson 3 😂 but I dropped my bike once. Dunno what happen to my usual dropping of bike and call it quits - my right leg was resting on the exhaust pipe! So I got a small burn 😂 Also have bruise on shin and a blister. 
 

whatever it is... next up... plank 😂

Ouch.. careful of the pipes.. rmb to put burn cream so.that it doesnt leave any scars.. burnaid is quite a good brand.. 

Congrats on passing ur lesson! Feels really excited to see u all passing ur lesson.. tbh if i didnt chat with u all here, i prob would sell my bike n never touch it again.. but seeing u all reminds mi of the excitement n hardship i went thru when i was taking lesson too.. really cant wait for my leg to heal n get back on my bike.. 🥲

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Finally clear Lesson 3 😂 but I dropped my bike once. Dunno what happen to my usual dropping of bike and call it quits - my right leg was resting on the exhaust pipe! So I got a small burn 😂 Also have bruise on shin and a blister. 
 

whatever it is... next up... plank 😂

ouch and ops.. sorry I missed your "burn". until I saw Nakuru's post..

I only saw, clear L3,  next up plank.. 😂

Was really busy with work since I just gotten back to office.. body aches, go office, come back home, straight away knock out until dunno what time.. then rest awhile more before starting work again.. =.='''

Do take care and be careful of exhaust, always know where they are, when you reach CL2, exhaust can be right below your seat like R1.. 😏 remember to put cream and etc for the burn mark like what Nakuru mentioned..

 

4 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Ouch.. careful of the pipes.. rmb to put burn cream so.that it doesnt leave any scars.. burnaid is quite a good brand.. 

Congrats on passing ur lesson! Feels really excited to see u all passing ur lesson.. tbh if i didnt chat with u all here, i prob would sell my bike n never touch it again.. but seeing u all reminds mi of the excitement n hardship i went thru when i was taking lesson too.. really cant wait for my leg to heal n get back on my bike.. 🥲

if can walk abit.. 

can your ankle move normally? (change gear) 

can your right leg support your entire body weight?

if yes to both.. you can ride.. 😏

 

that's what I did when my back pain was sooooooooooo bad then I can only walk less then 10meter at any point of time.. the feeling of freedom... (but I ride at night just to feel the breeze) 

But I think mine was right leg impacted so changing gear was not an issue.. braking with front brake only.. riding at 50km/h was awesome when I can't even walk... 

 

but again.. if you dun feel confident enough, then dun force yourself.. for me, I just looking for 1 excuse to walk to the carpark (more then 30min) to find a enjoyment that lasted less then 20min... 

  • Like 3

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shiba2b said:

if this guy can ride a bike, i think we can too 😊

 

pretty cool how he jump off and jump back the bike.. I doubt I can do it now...

when younger.. I can jump like this on my BMX.. haha.. but not on motorcycle...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2022 at 1:17 PM, Janeoh said:

Finally clear Lesson 3 😂 but I dropped my bike once. Dunno what happen to my usual dropping of bike and call it quits - my right leg was resting on the exhaust pipe! So I got a small burn 😂 Also have bruise on shin and a blister. 
 

whatever it is... next up... plank 😂

Congratulations! Glad to know you are advancing; do keep looking at some bikes to keep you motivated... :D

Careful of the exhaust as they are hot and yes, consciously look out for it.
As some recommended; do use cream to keep those scar marks away.

Keep on going at it and I was sharing with my friend; learning bike is a commitment!

On 9/30/2022 at 3:05 AM, Nakuru said:

Congrats on passing ur lesson! Feels really excited to see u all passing ur lesson.. tbh if i didnt chat with u all here, i prob would sell my bike n never touch it again.. but seeing u all reminds mi of the excitement n hardship i went thru when i was taking lesson too.. really cant wait for my leg to heal n get back on my bike.. 🥲

As I was sharing with @Janeoh, learning bike is a commitment and the weekends spent going from East to West and to plan for the lessons, is worth it when we progress on.
Having the license when you look back at it, is a lot of hard work and not something like a walk in the park. There are instances where we have our lows and doubts set in, but have to stay the course and look forward... Even after passing, there is so much to learn and experience. Will seek advice and knowledge base from the community here as hope to ride for a long time and to survive on the roads. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2022 at 7:35 AM, adesmond2 said:

Was really busy with work since I just gotten back to office.. body aches, go office, come back home, straight away knock out until dunno what time.. then rest awhile more before starting work again.. =.='''

 

that's what I did when my back pain was sooooooooooo bad then I can only walk less then 10meter at any point of time.. the feeling of freedom... (but I ride at night just to feel the breeze) 

But I think mine was right leg impacted so changing gear was not an issue.. braking with front brake only.. riding at 50km/h was awesome when I can't even walk...

@adesmond2, totally feel you there. Just moved office and that was why I didn't have time to really been active here. More so when I am in the line of sight and area is really open.. :D Finally settled down to the new office and have some more time... glad to read that @Nakuru is getting better and hopefully, we can all meet up. I don't mind going to an area where is convenient for the rest given the circumstances but I'll come on four wheels in the mean time... even if 2B is to be.. :D COE prices are just astronomical...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Theory practice and simulated sickness.
It was massive will to get up at 5 odd am this morning as I ended "yesterday" this morning... if you get what I mean... so took two espressos, 2 slices of bread... took a shower and left the house nearly 7am to make the journey to BBDC. As it was a weekend morning, traffic was relatively light though came across a massive jam (yes even on a Saturday morning) as there was an incident involving the Police "red bus" on the opposite side of the highway.

Reached BBDC at about 7:35am and made my way to the class room... had booked 4 sessions of theory practice to go through the e-booklets. So got into the classroom and found a seat. The 7:30am class was pretty full and then got a seat at the window.

Keyed in the ID and password and then started on the practice quiz.
So the practice quiz consists of 70 practice questions which the candidate will select the questions on a touch screen computer. Forgot to mention, there is totally no keyboard and just via touchscreen.

Had a tough time keying in the answers after making the selection initially - more on that later and kept on tapping the screen with my finger and it was really hard for the screen to register. Went through the 70 questions and then went to the "Index" of questions to see which of the answers were right or wrong. Found out that there was about 4 mistakes. For the rest of the 20 minutes or so, read through the test as the e-booklet (let's call them "booklets") was done. So spent time revising and then seeing the incorrect attempts to try to remember them.
Close to the end of the allocated time, clicked "end test" and then saw that clocked a "pass" - note, this is just practice and just for psychological satisfaction?

Waited for the next session at 8:20am and then sat at the same station to try the second booklet. Keying in the answers was again a bit of a pain as the touch screen couldn't really register the touches well and had to kind of pinpoint the area where the touch screen would react to the sensor. The questions in the 2nd booklet was slightly different than the first and also practiced till the end and again waited for the allocated time to end; did the same as the previous session. While waiting, asked the instructor on the remaining booklets and he said, once completed the ones you selected; can go onto the next. The session does not restrict to the amount of booklets to practice! That was a good discovery... and managed to clear 1 booklet and part of the third one.

On the third session, a new instructor came in and said to fill in the log in details and password in the computer; "Use your finger nail when using the touchscreen!" - best advice as it worked flawlessly. Worked on the third one (the one did just a bit the previous session and completed the fourth)

On the last session; managed to finish the last booklet which had 64 questions versus the 70 questions in previous booklets.

Felt that the trip and the practice was worthwhile... my evaluation is next week and it's going to be really early in the morning... was feeling quite tired... but there was the simulation next.

Simulation....
waited outside the room on the second floor and went in at 11:50am (waited about 30 minutes from the end of the theory practice session) and the simulation training looked high tech.

The bike simulator was on a "real" bike - Honda and the bike looked "big" of course it was not a functioning bike and it was situated behind three large screens. First, participants were to key in their IDs onto the touchscreen computer and get on the bike. The simulation portrays real life situations on the road.... now that's where my problem come in.... I don't play FPG (First Person Games) as it gives me a headache. This simulation game did the same thing, and after my heavy lack of sleep day before... I felt giddy and nauseated... was holding it in and just trying to last the session... after the session... felt really sick and told the instructor who was really kind. He advised to tell the instructors for the next 2 simulator sessions so that they can do a setting to help my motion sickness.

The feeling lasted the rest of the day and when I made my way home, I took the left most lane traveling about 70km/h on the express way.  Not to help matters.. the skies opened up and the road conditions didn't help... was just holding it in and when I reached home... took a shower and went to bed.. didn't even have lunch as was totally 🤢 .... Got up later in the afternoon and felt better enough.... Simulators sure stimulated my motion sickness.. 😐

Just sharing but overall a good experience on the theory practice... :)
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snooptrader said:

Theory practice and simulated sickness.
It was massive will to get up at 5 odd am this morning as I ended "yesterday" this morning... if you get what I mean... so took two espressos, 2 slices of bread... took a shower and left the house nearly 7am to make the journey to BBDC. As it was a weekend morning, traffic was relatively light though came across a massive jam (yes even on a Saturday morning) as there was an incident involving the Police "red bus" on the opposite side of the highway.

Reached BBDC at about 7:35am and made my way to the class room... had booked 4 sessions of theory practice to go through the e-booklets. So got into the classroom and found a seat. The 7:30am class was pretty full and then got a seat at the window.

Keyed in the ID and password and then started on the practice quiz.
So the practice quiz consists of 70 practice questions which the candidate will select the questions on a touch screen computer. Forgot to mention, there is totally no keyboard and just via touchscreen.

Had a tough time keying in the answers after making the selection initially - more on that later and kept on tapping the screen with my finger and it was really hard for the screen to register. Went through the 70 questions and then went to the "Index" of questions to see which of the answers were right or wrong. Found out that there was about 4 mistakes. For the rest of the 20 minutes or so, read through the test as the e-booklet (let's call them "booklets") was done. So spent time revising and then seeing the incorrect attempts to try to remember them.
Close to the end of the allocated time, clicked "end test" and then saw that clocked a "pass" - note, this is just practice and just for psychological satisfaction?

Waited for the next session at 8:20am and then sat at the same station to try the second booklet. Keying in the answers was again a bit of a pain as the touch screen couldn't really register the touches well and had to kind of pinpoint the area where the touch screen would react to the sensor. The questions in the 2nd booklet was slightly different than the first and also practiced till the end and again waited for the allocated time to end; did the same as the previous session. While waiting, asked the instructor on the remaining booklets and he said, once completed the ones you selected; can go onto the next. The session does not restrict to the amount of booklets to practice! That was a good discovery... and managed to clear 1 booklet and part of the third one.

On the third session, a new instructor came in and said to fill in the log in details and password in the computer; "Use your finger nail when using the touchscreen!" - best advice as it worked flawlessly. Worked on the third one (the one did just a bit the previous session and completed the fourth)

On the last session; managed to finish the last booklet which had 64 questions versus the 70 questions in previous booklets.

Felt that the trip and the practice was worthwhile... my evaluation is next week and it's going to be really early in the morning... was feeling quite tired... but there was the simulation next.

Simulation....
waited outside the room on the second floor and went in at 11:50am (waited about 30 minutes from the end of the theory practice session) and the simulation training looked high tech.

The bike simulator was on a "real" bike - Honda and the bike looked "big" of course it was not a functioning bike and it was situated behind three large screens. First, participants were to key in their IDs onto the touchscreen computer and get on the bike. The simulation portrays real life situations on the road.... now that's where my problem come in.... I don't play FPG (First Person Games) as it gives me a headache. This simulation game did the same thing, and after my heavy lack of sleep day before... I felt giddy and nauseated... was holding it in and just trying to last the session... after the session... felt really sick and told the instructor who was really kind. He advised to tell the instructors for the next 2 simulator sessions so that they can do a setting to help my motion sickness.

The feeling lasted the rest of the day and when I made my way home, I took the left most lane traveling about 70km/h on the express way.  Not to help matters.. the skies opened up and the road conditions didn't help... was just holding it in and when I reached home... took a shower and went to bed.. didn't even have lunch as was totally 🤢 .... Got up later in the afternoon and felt better enough.... Simulators sure stimulated my motion sickness.. 😐

Just sharing but overall a good experience on the theory practice... :)
 

Wow! That's really an effort just to do theory and simulator session. 

You didn't know can do more than one booklet at a time! For the 7 tests at home, I did it over two sessions. Then I did 2 more at CDC when I had 30 mins to spare after my 3 sim sessions before picking the kids up. 😅 that was the prep I did for RTT... 

my hb went for his Lesson 3 today after a one month (or so) break. He said he could really clutch in normally, had to adjust his left hand a bit to clutch in. Anyway... he passed 😂 

he's gonna take another break before Lesson 4 cos now he's busy at work. 

He told me to carry on 😂 

it's like he's just giving me chance ro go for my multiple lessons to clear a level then he just levels up! 

I suppose I'll be spending my next few weeks figuring out the Plank and when I'm almost done, he'll just level up too. 

He has two more sim sessions next week then all he has left are just the practical lessons. 

application for PDL is instantaneous, right? After we clear Lesson 5 then apply right?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Theory practice and simulated sickness.
It was massive will to get up at 5 odd am this morning as I ended "yesterday" this morning... if you get what I mean... so took two espressos, 2 slices of bread... took a shower and left the house nearly 7am to make the journey to BBDC. As it was a weekend morning, traffic was relatively light though came across a massive jam (yes even on a Saturday morning) as there was an incident involving the Police "red bus" on the opposite side of the highway.

Reached BBDC at about 7:35am and made my way to the class room... had booked 4 sessions of theory practice to go through the e-booklets. So got into the classroom and found a seat. The 7:30am class was pretty full and then got a seat at the window.

Keyed in the ID and password and then started on the practice quiz.
So the practice quiz consists of 70 practice questions which the candidate will select the questions on a touch screen computer. Forgot to mention, there is totally no keyboard and just via touchscreen.

Had a tough time keying in the answers after making the selection initially - more on that later and kept on tapping the screen with my finger and it was really hard for the screen to register. Went through the 70 questions and then went to the "Index" of questions to see which of the answers were right or wrong. Found out that there was about 4 mistakes. For the rest of the 20 minutes or so, read through the test as the e-booklet (let's call them "booklets") was done. So spent time revising and then seeing the incorrect attempts to try to remember them.
Close to the end of the allocated time, clicked "end test" and then saw that clocked a "pass" - note, this is just practice and just for psychological satisfaction?

Waited for the next session at 8:20am and then sat at the same station to try the second booklet. Keying in the answers was again a bit of a pain as the touch screen couldn't really register the touches well and had to kind of pinpoint the area where the touch screen would react to the sensor. The questions in the 2nd booklet was slightly different than the first and also practiced till the end and again waited for the allocated time to end; did the same as the previous session. While waiting, asked the instructor on the remaining booklets and he said, once completed the ones you selected; can go onto the next. The session does not restrict to the amount of booklets to practice! That was a good discovery... and managed to clear 1 booklet and part of the third one.

On the third session, a new instructor came in and said to fill in the log in details and password in the computer; "Use your finger nail when using the touchscreen!" - best advice as it worked flawlessly. Worked on the third one (the one did just a bit the previous session and completed the fourth)

On the last session; managed to finish the last booklet which had 64 questions versus the 70 questions in previous booklets.

Felt that the trip and the practice was worthwhile... my evaluation is next week and it's going to be really early in the morning... was feeling quite tired... but there was the simulation next.

Simulation....
waited outside the room on the second floor and went in at 11:50am (waited about 30 minutes from the end of the theory practice session) and the simulation training looked high tech.

The bike simulator was on a "real" bike - Honda and the bike looked "big" of course it was not a functioning bike and it was situated behind three large screens. First, participants were to key in their IDs onto the touchscreen computer and get on the bike. The simulation portrays real life situations on the road.... now that's where my problem come in.... I don't play FPG (First Person Games) as it gives me a headache. This simulation game did the same thing, and after my heavy lack of sleep day before... I felt giddy and nauseated... was holding it in and just trying to last the session... after the session... felt really sick and told the instructor who was really kind. He advised to tell the instructors for the next 2 simulator sessions so that they can do a setting to help my motion sickness.

The feeling lasted the rest of the day and when I made my way home, I took the left most lane traveling about 70km/h on the express way.  Not to help matters.. the skies opened up and the road conditions didn't help... was just holding it in and when I reached home... took a shower and went to bed.. didn't even have lunch as was totally 🤢 .... Got up later in the afternoon and felt better enough.... Simulators sure stimulated my motion sickness.. 😐

Just sharing but overall a good experience on the theory practice... :)
 

glad you made it through the tough day. You did 4 theory practice sessions + 3 sim sessions today? that's a big leap forward. 

i didn't know abt the fingernail trick. But take heart, the touchscreen used for the TP test is in much better condition and works better. 

i struggled with the sim sessions. Couldn't balance the bike and when i lean the bike to make a corner, i couldn't straighten the bike LOL. The room instructors didn't seem surprised and told me to do the sim with both feet resting on the floor, so that's what i did. I was surprised there was a pass/fail assessment for the sim session and even more surprised when i was told i passed 😅

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

 

application for PDL is instantaneous, right? After we clear Lesson 5 then apply right?

PDL application done online and pretty quick. 

i'm not familiar with the CDC lesson numbering but for BBDC, yes we clear lesson 5.02 (circuit evaluation) and all 3 defensive riding theory lessons and then apply e-PDL at TP website

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, snooptrader said:

@adesmond2, totally feel you there. Just moved office and that was why I didn't have time to really been active here. More so when I am in the line of sight and area is really open.. :D Finally settled down to the new office and have some more time... glad to read that @Nakuru is getting better and hopefully, we can all meet up. I don't mind going to an area where is convenient for the rest given the circumstances but I'll come on four wheels in the mean time... even if 2B is to be.. :D COE prices are just astronomical...

Haha sure.. see when is a good time n location for everyone 👍

On 9/30/2022 at 7:35 AM, adesmond2 said:

If can walk abit.. 

can your ankle move normally? (change gear) 

can your right leg support your entire body weight?

if yes to both.. you can ride.. 😏

 

that's what I did when my back pain was sooooooooooo bad then I can only walk less then 10meter at any point of time.. the feeling of freedom... (but I ride at night just to feel the breeze) 

But I think mine was right leg impacted so changing gear was not an issue.. braking with front brake only.. riding at 50km/h was awesome when I can't even walk... 

 

but again.. if you dun feel confident enough, then dun force yourself.. for me, I just looking for 1 excuse to walk to the carpark (more then 30min) to find a enjoyment that lasted less then 20min... 

😂😂😂 Ya.. i can move my ankle n have support on my right side.. technically i can but im not gonna do it cos my body is wired to stop on the leg side n my left leg is not as flexible to come up n down the footpeg. 

Rather than risking breaking my leg or dropping the bike, i choose to play safe la.. anyway i shld be walking normally by nov already.. so just 1 more month only.. i will work harder on getting my leg back to normal.. 🥲

4 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Theory practice and simulated sickness.
It was massive will to get up at 5 odd am this morning as I ended "yesterday" this morning... if you get what I mean... so took two espressos, 2 slices of bread... took a shower and left the house nearly 7am to make the journey to BBDC. As it was a weekend morning, traffic was relatively light though came across a massive jam (yes even on a Saturday morning) as there was an incident involving the Police "red bus" on the opposite side of the highway.

Reached BBDC at about 7:35am and made my way to the class room... had booked 4 sessions of theory practice to go through the e-booklets. So got into the classroom and found a seat. The 7:30am class was pretty full and then got a seat at the window.

Keyed in the ID and password and then started on the practice quiz.
So the practice quiz consists of 70 practice questions which the candidate will select the questions on a touch screen computer. Forgot to mention, there is totally no keyboard and just via touchscreen.

Had a tough time keying in the answers after making the selection initially - more on that later and kept on tapping the screen with my finger and it was really hard for the screen to register. Went through the 70 questions and then went to the "Index" of questions to see which of the answers were right or wrong. Found out that there was about 4 mistakes. For the rest of the 20 minutes or so, read through the test as the e-booklet (let's call them "booklets") was done. So spent time revising and then seeing the incorrect attempts to try to remember them.
Close to the end of the allocated time, clicked "end test" and then saw that clocked a "pass" - note, this is just practice and just for psychological satisfaction?

Waited for the next session at 8:20am and then sat at the same station to try the second booklet. Keying in the answers was again a bit of a pain as the touch screen couldn't really register the touches well and had to kind of pinpoint the area where the touch screen would react to the sensor. The questions in the 2nd booklet was slightly different than the first and also practiced till the end and again waited for the allocated time to end; did the same as the previous session. While waiting, asked the instructor on the remaining booklets and he said, once completed the ones you selected; can go onto the next. The session does not restrict to the amount of booklets to practice! That was a good discovery... and managed to clear 1 booklet and part of the third one.

On the third session, a new instructor came in and said to fill in the log in details and password in the computer; "Use your finger nail when using the touchscreen!" - best advice as it worked flawlessly. Worked on the third one (the one did just a bit the previous session and completed the fourth)

On the last session; managed to finish the last booklet which had 64 questions versus the 70 questions in previous booklets.

Felt that the trip and the practice was worthwhile... my evaluation is next week and it's going to be really early in the morning... was feeling quite tired... but there was the simulation next.

Simulation....
waited outside the room on the second floor and went in at 11:50am (waited about 30 minutes from the end of the theory practice session) and the simulation training looked high tech.

The bike simulator was on a "real" bike - Honda and the bike looked "big" of course it was not a functioning bike and it was situated behind three large screens. First, participants were to key in their IDs onto the touchscreen computer and get on the bike. The simulation portrays real life situations on the road.... now that's where my problem come in.... I don't play FPG (First Person Games) as it gives me a headache. This simulation game did the same thing, and after my heavy lack of sleep day before... I felt giddy and nauseated... was holding it in and just trying to last the session... after the session... felt really sick and told the instructor who was really kind. He advised to tell the instructors for the next 2 simulator sessions so that they can do a setting to help my motion sickness.

The feeling lasted the rest of the day and when I made my way home, I took the left most lane traveling about 70km/h on the express way.  Not to help matters.. the skies opened up and the road conditions didn't help... was just holding it in and when I reached home... took a shower and went to bed.. didn't even have lunch as was totally 🤢 .... Got up later in the afternoon and felt better enough.... Simulators sure stimulated my motion sickness.. 😐

Just sharing but overall a good experience on the theory practice... :)
 

Hard core sia.. 4 theory n 3 sim in a day.. i read oso feel tired for u.. 

3 hours ago, Janeoh said:

I suppose I'll be spending my next few weeks figuring out the Plank and when I'm almost done, he'll just level up too. 

He has two more sim sessions next week then all he has left are just the practical lessons. 

application for PDL is instantaneous, right? After we clear Lesson 5 then apply right?

Actually plank very ez 1.. no need to scare.. just go up the plank faster then maintain throttle.. control with clutch to cut off engine or use rear brakes to slow down.. then let the bike roll thru the remaining plank n u shld do it more than 6 sec..

Application is instant but CDC system update will probably take 1 day.. u can apply when u're taking lesson 5.. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, shiba2b said:

PDL application done online and pretty quick. 

i'm not familiar with the CDC lesson numbering but for BBDC, yes we clear lesson 5.02 (circuit evaluation) and all 3 defensive riding theory lessons and then apply e-PDL at TP website

 

Yeah I realise it's numbered differently! easier to say "after circuit evaluation" 😅 that's our lesson 5. 

yeah... we finished out DRT already also. 

3 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Actually plank very ez 1.. no need to scare.. just go up the plank faster then maintain throttle.. control with clutch to cut off engine or use rear brakes to slow down.. then let the bike roll thru the remaining plank n u shld do it more than 6 sec..

Application is instant but CDC system update will probably take 1 day.. u can apply when u're taking lesson 5.. 


Will try... hopefully not raining tmr 😅

good to know that you're getting some mobility back! Jiayou!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Yeah I realise it's numbered differently! easier to say "after circuit evaluation" 😅 that's our lesson 5. 

yeah... we finished out DRT already also. 


Will try... hopefully not raining tmr 😅

good to know that you're getting some mobility back! Jiayou!

Lesson 5 is pretty standardized throughout all 3 schools.. which is the circuit test / evaluation b4 u all go on the road.. 18 points for circuit only.. easy easy.. 

Yea.. im trying to walk more also so that i can slowly extend the time that i can stand.. 😁 only problem now is my knee is jammed at 90degree.. trying hard to bend beyond.. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, shiba2b said:

glad you made it through the tough day. You did 4 theory practice sessions + 3 sim sessions today? that's a big leap forward. 

i didn't know abt the fingernail trick. But take heart, the touchscreen used for the TP test is in much better condition and works better. 

i struggled with the sim sessions. Couldn't balance the bike and when i lean the bike to make a corner, i couldn't straighten the bike LOL. The room instructors didn't seem surprised and told me to do the sim with both feet resting on the floor, so that's what i did. I was surprised there was a pass/fail assessment for the sim session and even more surprised when i was told i passed 😅

 

Hi @shiba2b, I only did one simulator session as I could only book one then... and thankfully! I was really green in the face and would have likely cancelled if there were any consecutive ones.. *yes weak on motion sickness but ironically, I've no sea sickness so far.

Yup; on the finger nail trick, it was told by one of the instructors in the room; works!

I can understand what you mean on the simulator sessions... not the most comfortable of view... and I don't do well in front of those screens... looping back to being sick.. LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Haha sure.. see when is a good time n location for everyone 👍

😂😂😂 Ya.. i can move my ankle n have support on my right side.. technically i can but im not gonna do it cos my body is wired to stop on the leg side n my left leg is not as flexible to come up n down the footpeg. 

Rather than risking breaking my leg or dropping the bike, i choose to play safe la.. anyway i shld be walking normally by nov already.. so just 1 more month only.. i will work harder on getting my leg back to normal.. 🥲

Hard core sia.. 4 theory n 3 sim in a day.. i read oso feel tired for u.. 

Actually plank very ez 1.. no need to scare.. just go up the plank faster then maintain throttle.. control with clutch to cut off engine or use rear brakes to slow down.. then let the bike roll thru the remaining plank n u shld do it more than 6 sec..

Application is instant but CDC system update will probably take 1 day.. u can apply when u're taking lesson 5.. 

 

You take your time and get well, @Janeoh and myself still learning and at the rate I am going, I think you can run... :D

As long you can walk, we can go to your area...

I did four theory but only 1 Simulation... I do not look forward to the other 2... worried I would get sick....

Plank... once the RC is granted, I will keep on practicing on the plank.... Just want to get it really right...

Have to still clear evaluation; next week... then can book TP RT...

Now rushing to clear all the theory stuff... :D




 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Lesson 5 is pretty standardized throughout all 3 schools.. which is the circuit test / evaluation b4 u all go on the road.. 18 points for circuit only.. easy easy.. 

 

For lesson 5, BBDC has 

5.01 - pillion riding on circuit and test route familiarization

5.02 - internal evaluation on circuit

pillion very scary for both the rider and pillion 😅

i understand that during covid, they stopped pillion riding so 5.01 was simply more circuit practice 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nakuru said:

😂😂😂 Ya.. i can move my ankle n have support on my right side.. technically i can but im not gonna do it cos my body is wired to stop on the leg side n my left leg is not as flexible to come up n down the footpeg. 

Rather than risking breaking my leg or dropping the bike, i choose to play safe la.. anyway i shld be walking normally by nov already.. so just 1 more month only.. i will work harder on getting my leg back to normal.. 🥲

 

i was initially hesitant abt taking class 2B due to an old injury on my left knee which still has some pain and weakness), especially since the school standard here is to raise the side stand before mounting the bike from the left. 

outside of BBDC, i do it with side stand down 😄 but with my foot on the floor, not stepping up from footpeg.

i've also seen people go up while bike is on main stand and rock it till it comes down. But this is with foot on footpeg

 

that being said, i think it's better to play safe as you said. Wait a bit, till you regain strength and range of motion on the afflicted knee/leg before attempting riding. Meantime can rewatch Long Way Round/Down/Up as well as biker youtubers (itchy boots/onherbike) while you recuperate  😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...