SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

R1 VS CBR1000 /// R6 VS CBR600

jeremyteo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Speedpass@Nov 21 2006, 11:44 PM

Maybe arnd 10 - 12k .

Really? That's the price of a 02-03 954! Is that OTR price?

Email guay_hansen @hotmail.com

My blog at snowparang.blogdrive.com

http://www.pbase.com/snowparang/image/79866156/medium.jpg http://www.pbase.com/snowparang/image/95749015/original.jpg

Originally posted by jeremyteo@Nov 23 2006, 08:39 AM

normally wat do they add in ? i need a rough figure on how much the cbr600rr 03 cost ? thanks alot

actually.....

why not you just go down to the shop and just ask them to calculate for you instead. Because we don't know how much your insurance will cost. and we don't know if the shop will renew the road tax if its not valid anymore. then some more how much interest they charge. sometimes shop can also quote you a low cheap figure, but on a wrong day at a wrong time, they can also chop you given the chance.

:slapforehead:

Originally posted by jeremyteo@Nov 9 2006, 01:07 PM

hi everyone,

may need ur help on this, i have no knowledge on class 2 bikes...wan to buy a cbr600 with under exhaust but nt sure of the market price ? can anyone tell me the diff between the first hand market price or the second hand one ? n which is better the r6 or the cbr600... thanks alot :p

Get the CBR600.. basically because it's a honda. R6 and R1 got a string of manufacturing defects which cannot be solved and yamaha denied the problem for a long long time only to issue a recall of their bikes recently. Those who have spent money "fixing" the problem didn't get refunds.

:goodluck: Yamaha rox!!! :bouncefire:

Big brother's watching...

http://yanuk.net/temps/led_ring_sil.jpg

To do list:

- Steel brake hoses (In progress...)

- Rewire bike

- Repaint fairing and clean up bike

- Replace exhaust system (DONE!)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/Angkuguay/marcusakaflowers.jpg

Always in my heart...

thanks for the advice...i also thinking of getting the cbr600r but i may get the older model...the 2003 model is the oldest one right...but i just need to know the amount of the bike adding up the other stuffs for example the road tac etc...if any one could give me the price...

Originally posted by jeremyteo@Nov 23 2006, 10:04 AM

thanks for the advice...i also thinking of getting the cbr600r but i may get the older model...the 2003 model is the oldest one right...but i just need to know the amount of the bike adding up the other stuffs for example the road tac etc...if any one could give me the price...

Yes, 2003 is the year when CBR600RR first came out. It's damn simple for the calculation.

Add all these:

Machine price for '03 CBR600RR, 10-12k?

Road Tax $100 for half a year, 600cc only

Ur insurance Price, $1000+?

LTA transfer fee, depending on bike. roughly 100+ to 200+, can check at LTA website.

Loan interest if any, definately yes for ur case. Looking at ur situation, probably at least 3-4k.

Watever bikeshop's agreement fee which is crap

Carrot fee imposed by bikeshop

Additional info: Add everything together minus downpayment divided by the loan peroid (no. of months) = monthly installment.

To be frank, u are not ready for a machine that is more than 10K in machine price.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by yanuk@Nov 23 2006, 10:17 AM

Get the CBR600.. basically because it's a honda. R6 and R1 got a string of manufacturing defects which cannot be solved and yamaha denied the problem for a long long time only to issue a recall of their bikes recently. Those who have spent money "fixing" the problem didn't get refunds.

:goodluck: Yamaha rox!!! :bouncefire:

i do agreed.and hopefully Yamaha guys are reading these.... cos more n more ppls are comparing the quality build of stock bike.

Originally posted by jeremyteo@Dec 18 2006, 05:18 PM

upz....

Since you are so adamant about riding class 2 sports bike regardless of your dire financial status, why don't you consider the older CBR900 or TLR1000? These 2 bikes can be had for about $5K, and has more than enough power to scare you bad.

There are folks lapping PG in very respectable times on the TLR. So don't write it off just yet.

Past: KDX200, LC4 400, LC4 620, GSXR750WR

Present: CBR900RRY, Gas Gas EC250, XR250L, XR250RV, XR400 (motard-ed), NX650 Dominator

funny people... can't afford, yet still want things that look so nice.. people give advice, but dun listen...

no comments...o_O

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

Originally posted by jeremyteo@Dec 18 2006, 05:32 PM

but i like those bikes which have the underseat exhaust...or the ones like the r6...5k ? so cheap ? btw wat is TLR...

TLR:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....showtopic=29557

The older CBR 900 and 919 are going for about $5k plus minus. TLR(Y2K) also there abouts. Alternatively, the CBR929 can be had for about $7K.

Is it purely because of looks that you want those underseat exhaust bikes? Seriously, I think you need to relook and rethink your priorities. $200 per month is just enough for petrol, parking and ERP.

Class 2 sports bikes are luxury goods. You only play with them if you can spare the extra dough. This is the cold hard fact.

:goodluck:

Past: KDX200, LC4 400, LC4 620, GSXR750WR

Present: CBR900RRY, Gas Gas EC250, XR250L, XR250RV, XR400 (motard-ed), NX650 Dominator

get a 02R6 carb model (pros and cons). looks nice, LED tail lights, easy to handle, even maintenance is comparable to a super 4 specII, also a 02 model. Yet, machine price is cheaper!!

-fuel consmption is 20-21km/litre.

-eng oil 2.5litre, 2.7litre with oil filterchange

-insurance 3rd party $600 or even lesser

-rd tax $100 per 6months

and it cost probably $7.5k - $8k for a fully stock condition FV plated 02R6. pull a 4 yr loan and 1month is less den $200 :)

No more regrets.

$200 per month or a class 2 bike??

Gosh I forked out thousands and my instalment is $275 for my 636!!

Plan well bro don rush into things..

Stabilize your career first when you got the hard cash then GO for it..

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;

an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Take a $7000 loan with 6% interest rate P.A, pull a 4 yr loan, each month u r paying only $180. :)

that can work out for u jeremy, coz u need nt fork out so much cash yet monthly installments still affordable. taking into consideration u dun mind a class 2 bike like 02R6 which costs around $7.5k to $8k. or even a FS plated CBR929RR which costs around $6k, but maintenance is quite ex. anyway both are affordable class 2 bikes :)

No more regrets.

I realised something weird... The threadstarter appears to be someone who has no knowledge of class 2 motorcycles (coz he's like asking everyone this model which year, and that which year...), but yet he's so bent on getting one while he himself doesn't even know what (model) he really wants.

My advice to you is to really just go do some research first. You don't even know about the bike you are getting, let alone how much it is going to pull you down in future. I got a feeling that you will be smoked by the bikeshops if you happen to visit them anyway.