R1 VS CBR1000 /// R6 VS CBR600

jeremyteo

Originally posted by retro@March 14, 2007 09:30 am

the min down i heard for a new bike is 1.5k...

I think class 2 min. is $2k

2003-2004: Yamaha WR200

2004-2006: Honda XR400RY

2006-2006: Honda Super4 Spec3

2006-2010: Honda CBR600RR'06

2010-2011: Harley Davidson Sportster 883

2011-2012: Harley Davidson RoadKing

2013-2015: Honda X11

2015-????: Harley Davidson Rushmore Street Glide

• Replies 146

Say you take a $12000 loan for your bike. You need to pay $221 per month for 5 years, assuming 4% nominal annual interest compounded monthly. You pay $2652 in interest by the end of 5 years.

That amount doesn't even take into account insurance, road tax, parking, petrol, oil, maintenance, parts, etc. You need at least $500 a month in total.

I think I spend almost $200 on my NC29 per month on average, and it's already fully paid off.

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

$420 for me iz still ok lah but must wait till aug dan can take cl2 so hav 2 continue ride my spec3 later pass liao dan sell back 2 my motor shop (EXCEL) n i think still hav 2 pay him $1000+ cash dan break even,SIANZ:weep:

FaBiAnLeE

Power Is Nothing Without Acceleration

Originally posted by fabian23@March 15, 2007 06:27 pm

$420 for me iz still ok lah but must wait till aug dan can take cl2 so hav 2 continue ride my spec3 later pass liao dan sell back 2 my motor shop (EXCEL) n i think still hav 2 pay him $1000+ cash dan break even,SIANZ:weep:

afTernun, peePs... :thumb:

Originally posted by fabian23@March 15, 2007 06:27 pm

Did you include a $500 early settlement fee? I tot my Spec3 break even but it did not, and eventually paid another 500 for nothing

2003-2004: Yamaha WR200

2004-2006: Honda XR400RY

2006-2006: Honda Super4 Spec3

2006-2010: Honda CBR600RR'06

2010-2011: Harley Davidson Sportster 883

2011-2012: Harley Davidson RoadKing

2013-2015: Honda X11

2015-????: Harley Davidson Rushmore Street Glide

• 9 months later...

maCHINE PRICE = 12 K ON THE ROAD THE MOST FOR 03'

INSURANCE = UR AGE GROUP - ACCIDENTS - PREMIUMS - NCD CLAIMS = $600

PLUS MINUS.. U CAN CHECK WIT NTUC

ROAD TAX SUD BE AROUND 140 OR MORE..

WHAT I CAN SAY IS STAND BY 12 - 13 K

IF THERE IS BALANCE, CAN USE IT FOR AFTER MARKET STUFFS..

HOPE THESE HELPS..

HAVE FUN THINKING!

MR WHO SAYS;

" YOU THINK YOU ARE THAT FAST MEH? IF YOU THINK YOU ARE FAST, THERE WILL BE ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE (WHO) IS EVEN FASTER THEN YOU... BELIEVE IT!!"http://christiantemplars.com/HULK.jpg

So the big question now is.

What bike did jeremyteo get?

lol. 80% he still never get bike n still forever comparing

'R6' RedlineRocketRedesignRazor sharpRevolutionaryReward 6.

http://content.wicms.com/shared/images/YAMAHA_Common_Images/Logos/yamaha_logo_red.gif

Selling off K7 600cc GSXR Black (10 months old)

With all accessories (1.6k of accessories)stated below,

Selling Price 15k

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4051585#post4051585

Your Savings= 6k. ( you won't find it anywhere else for a 10 months bike, urgent sales, have to go overseas in 1-2 weeks time for 2 years, my loss is your gain)

Sorry to post here but if you have friends who are interested, please help me out by telling them. Urgent sales. I hope you guys understand and dun be mad. :)

Peace~ my friend.

2002~Cagiva Mito (FS)

2003~SP (FS)

2003~RVF (FP) Powered by 2 brother

2008~KR (FY)

2008~K7 (FBB) Powered by arrow

2009~SPARK (FBB) Powered by GPR

2009~SUPER 4 spec 1 (FR) Powered by yoshimura

2011~ SUPER 4 spec 1 (FT) powered by yoshimura titanium BLUE

2011~ yamaha FZ6 (FBD)

2011~ yamaha R1 (FBB) powered by Arrow

haiyo.. big bikes. if got $ go opt for a bigger machine laa. like me. i wanna get a cbr600 too! my freaking dream bike. but im only 21 this yer n still student. i know sure cant make it. im riding a cl2a now and it's kina hard for me to stabilise my financial. ie one day eat, tmr nv eat to pump petrol taht kidna thingy..

I'd rather get a Leo Vince than a Louis Vuitton.

haiyo.. big bikes. if got $ go opt for a bigger machine laa. like me. i wanna get a cbr600 too! my freaking dream bike. but im only 21 this yer n still student. i know sure cant make it. im riding a cl2a now and it's kina hard for me to stabilise my financial. ie one day eat, tmr nv eat to pump petrol taht kidna thingy..

Heya bro, I believe you know Daniel, the Mito road racer? :p

Anyhoo, yes, I've been through what you've been through.

NS earn so less but own 1 bike. What I did was rethink my expenditures whilst keeping my stomach full and happy everyday; it's possible. For a passionate bike owner, I went back to the account books and struck off what I really don't need to spend on (for instance, fewer fast-food restaurant trips, etc...)

But that was last time. Now I still keep my expenditures in check though...

===

Anyways, back to the topic.

I can only state what the reviews (and forum members) have put it when they tested the pairs. CBR600 for the superb handling, R6 for the speed and technology.

Whereas for the litrebikes, not too sure though; gotta ask the lao-jiao 299'ers and track riders that I know. But for the asthetics, definitely the Yamaha.

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

from my pov 400cc is enough if u are not touring type or frequent track. if u like tracks.. heard from alot that 600cc is the best. but if u like touring and speed, go for 1 litre bike.. but to tell the truth, i feel my 1litre bike is under utilised in SG! must plan for some toruing :cheeky:

-FuFu-Past & current rides-FuFu-

2003-2003 Honda NSR 150 SP

2004-2006 16 Tons Touring bus

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2008-2011 Yamaha YZF R1"08 model

2011-.... 1098

2007 - .... My dream bike NSR 500!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/qingfu/305144_1865766182720_1797992398_1266312_2076601502_n-1.jpg

• 3 years later...
hey singkiwi thank alot of ur advise well i guess everyone here have a point give lot of valuable and useful advise for me . I guess mostly everyone here have decide for me which model should i choose, i guess R6 is out cause lot of comment that it's too firece and 1000cc bike not really useful in sg. I guess i should be getting cbr600 i dun like suzuki bike cause it's much heavily compare to others. i hope more comment coming in so that i can decide on it. I also wish to know for those who bought there big bike how much min down payment usually needed and which bike shop have reasonable price and services.

tot u already got a 600 for yrs?

98 - 7529

00 - 6543

02 - 2488

02 - 4xx1, 3560

06 - 1xx1, 3560

Great power without control n brakes = zero!

In terms of power,r6 has more torque power (good pick ups) but lacks abit on mid range power as compared to cbr6. So while in corners,bike may be abit torqy if dun accelerate properly. In terms of handling,cbr6 is way more easier to handle on track and road as compared to r6. So if u want ride a bike comfortably on track or road den go for cbr6 but if ur more to the extreme kinda person den go for r6. Overall, both bike is great so it depends on the preference of the rider itself. ;)

sorry, but im curious,

betweeen r6 and cbr600rr, lets say the latest model, which has more power? and which is worth more buying? and why?

sorry, but im curious,

betweeen r6 and cbr600rr, lets say the latest model, which has more power? and which is worth more buying? and why?

seriously the peak power difference come comes in after 13+krpm. normal road on stock cbr6rr 5krpm already 80kmph.

r6: power surge at 10k+, so imagine the suprise u will get if u can't handle it.

looks gd.

more aggressive riding position vs cbr6rr.

usual yamaha heat issues

more electronics to cock up

cbr6rr: linear power delivery.(no sudden suprise)

mid range power outputs 5-10bhp higher than other 600cc

kick ass electronic steering damper

seriously the peak power difference come comes in after 13+krpm. normal road on stock cbr6rr 5krpm already 80kmph.

r6: power surge at 10k+, so imagine the suprise u will get if u can't handle it.

looks gd.

more aggressive riding position vs cbr6rr.

usual yamaha heat issues

more electronics to cock up

cbr6rr: linear power delivery.(no sudden suprise)

mid range power outputs 5-10bhp higher than other 600cc

kick ass electronic steering damper

So tempted to get a CBR600RR!! can't wait to own one of my own!!!

Let me continue the story. Im the Jeremy Teo that started this thread. I did not get a class 2 bike. I am driving a Lamborghini Aventador SV currently. Installment plan 1 year, zero downpay. My second car is a SLK 200 AMG, installment paid up already. 3rd car Lexus LFA awaiting shipment in 2 months time. And my wife is driving my Audi R8 at the moment after she crashed and scrap off my Nissan GTR nismo gt3.

After I read all your hurtful comments in the past, Im quitting off bikes as I realised I dont want to be a loser who has to always suntan and then get wet at same time. Anyways, time for me to go install my turbo Nos super jet fighter full system commander kit for my son's car, a McLaren F1, which is his first car after he pass his license just this morning. He wanted a R6 2013 but I told him "pui" dont ride bike, it is too expensive.

So what was the verdict? Yamaha 1L,600cc compared to Honda 1L, 600cc.

Personally I heard that Yammie generally have a rougher engine. Any guy here can comment on that? Just wanna work something out since I'm working my way up into cls2 and would like to know what to consider and what not to consider. :):):)

Kinda lost too

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Foxin489130.jpg