SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] YAMAHA RD 350 LC TONG - The Legend

YEN96

Hi Swiftee, have decided to withdraw the sale of my Tongs, honestly speaking i have been getting unrealistic offers for them. I will think of other alternatives in storing them during my absence instead of selling to others which in turn make a profit reselling them instead. Cheers and thanks for the UPs anyway.

Hi Swiftee, have decided to withdraw the sale of my Tongs, honestly speaking i have been getting unrealistic offers for them. I will think of other alternatives in storing them during my absence instead of selling to others which in turn make a profit reselling them instead. Cheers and thanks for the UPs anyway.

sigh... seems like everyone wants to buy a nice, stock, clean and tidy tong for 2k... such is the market for Tongs in Singapore :faint:

storing ur bikes will nt be easy though... perhaps u cld ask my fren for some advice... but he also advises me against laying up my Tong too...

boring rider. with a boring bike.

too old to want to appear interesting anymore.

well bro, i encountered some ppl who offered less but expected more. obviously these ppl think this is the 1980s where parts are cheap and practically all the the bike shops can do up a 350. WAKE UP WANNABES! parts cost twice as much and in worst case scenarios, not available. some shops even ask u to stop wasting time and scrap the bike. only a handful of them are willing to restore yr ride at a "price". so if u can keep it, why not? like i said, it's not the end of the world if u own a classic ride. in K.L a bog stock LC 350 costs close to 10k(ringgit) and in U.K a concours rebuild costs abt 10k (euros). maybe u should ask those lowballers to rebuild one themselves and see how much it costs! we tong riders are blessed to have the internet to source for parts. just be patient, u will definitely come across the parts u r looking for. and do not forget that the LC 350 has a worldwide following till today!!!!!!!! :thumb:

well said Rzboy.

the mentality among the masses are LC350 Tongs are cheap old bikes but less they

know the restoration costs are the killer!! check out UK sites n they'll know..

only a handful are genuine in appreciating the Tongs...

a 4LO project with 17 inchers, ally swingarm and 1KT front end. a complete rebuild in short bro. my friend will be shifting all the stuff in 2 days time. so i can do it in the comfort of my home, own time own target!

hello all:

am just curious if theres still the RD125LC available anywhere...? (class2B).

would like to own a piece of vintage: please help.

hi freddy,

ah meng at 28 jalan tukang has 3 units of rd125lc for sale. posting here on his behalf :)

hey guys, just dropping by. am a big fan of the rd350 bike. the naked look and the grunt of the engine. saw one a while back leaving a harley behind with its pick up in front of the istana. the acceleration of the bike is really scary. anyway, would really love to own one but my pocket is just not that deep. so, i admire from afar. hopefully, the Tong doesn't disappear from our shores. any of u saw a yamaha daytona 400 before? wonder if the bike still exists locally.

ps. rod monteiro.......the radio dj?

hey guys, just dropping by. am a big fan of the rd350 bike. the naked look and the grunt of the engine. saw one a while back leaving a harley behind with its pick up in front of the istana. the acceleration of the bike is really scary. anyway, would really love to own one but my pocket is just not that deep. so, i admire from afar. hopefully, the Tong doesn't disappear from our shores. any of u saw a yamaha daytona 400 before? wonder if the bike still exists locally.

daytona 400 is a beautiful bike. i dont think there are any that will be available for sale anymore

Never say never. There was one RD400 Daytona on display at some bike show thing in Kalang a year or so ago. Have not see it since then though. People claim that this bike as well as the 250 version is still on the road as they have seen it at traffic junctions. Lucky for them I guess.

The 350 tong is still available but I do agree that the prices are going up on them for some reason. Grab one if you can, nice bike to keep for a weekend ride.

ANother quick question,. What 17 inch RIMS ar eyou guys using on the 4LO? I think teh TZR125 and TZM ones would work but you would need a litte creativity to mount a read disc caliper.

Also, who can make up adaptor brackets to alternative brake calipers?

Cheers

Never say never. There was one RD400 Daytona on display at some bike show thing in Kalang a year or so ago. Have not see it since then though.

ah that one is nt for sale. nt in a month of mondays.

i dont think any of the others would be either

how's your hunt for a good tong going?

Edited by swiftee

ah that one is nt for sale. nt in a month of mondays.

i dont think any of the others would be either

how's your hunt for a good tong going?

It that your bike? Don't blame you if you do not want to sell. I have seen a few 350s, all requires far too much work done and as many have pointed out, are out of my budget.

Factoring in the bike price, repair needed and approaching COE ( one or two year left only ), I decided not to go gor them. I will keep looking.

Know of anyone selling?

It that your bike? Don't blame you if you do not want to sell. I have seen a few 350s, all requires far too much work done and as many have pointed out, are out of my budget.

Factoring in the bike price, repair needed and approaching COE ( one or two year left only ), I decided not to go gor them. I will keep looking.

Know of anyone selling?

lol! it's not my bike, i am not so rich. :cheeky:

keeping an lc350 is not going to be cheap, i bought my bike for a little more than it should have been worth, and blew my budget many many times over doing the rebuild (esp. with that damn leaky tank!) but in the end was rewarded with a beautiful and obedient bike.

y dont u consider getting one of those with the coe coming and then renew the coe? can bargain down the price based on that too

A photo of the RD250 Daytona.I met this fella while otw up north.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w172/azly_ayu/DSCN0341.jpg

singaporean bike? or malaysian?

hi bros, was busy with work for the past 1 mth. my 4L0 project was put on hold coz my friend missed out some parts. hopefully i'll be working on it this weekend once it arrives. i see there's an interest in 125s and daytona 400s nowadays. too bad not many are on the road nowadays. i'm still clinging onto a RD125YPVS. it's in boxes though. waiting for a complete rebuild. having it since 24th march 94, days before my enlistment. can't let go due to sentimental reasons. served me very well(corners and all!) damn!!! miss those days when fines for illegal pipes was just $50 and street racing was part and parcel of growing up! here's a pic of my youth gone wild ride. enjoy.( will be posting some oldskool pics once i ransack thru my drawers of forgotten photos.)

IMG_0485.jpg

singaporean bike? or malaysian?

Malaysian.They were on the way to some RD gathering in Port Dickson.BTW.I do have original LC125 rear rims (18")and YPVS 125 front rims(16") stored somewhere in my warehouse.Anyone interested cn PM me.They are going for a pack of cigarettes each! :)