SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] YAMAHA RD 350 LC TONG - The Legend

YEN96

thks Rzboy...u've been a great help all dis while.

reason i asked was due to i saw 'flower disc' replacement rotors on eBay.

but its meant for '85 above RD350.

anyway, wats the options for our 35Tong front disc rotors replacement?

back to solid OEM discs?

i'm not going into the upgrade rims or bigger disc rotors options now.

getting it running smooth + normal wear n tear replace is my priority at the moment.

who knows maybe next...hahaha....3-spoked 17 inchers are sweet :thumb:

u can try rd/lc crazy.uk.com. this guy has loads of stuff including the flower/wavy discs u mentioned. they are a direct bolt on replacement for yr originals. looks the works too. or u can have them cross drilled and slotted like the bigger bikes. most engineering shops with a pressdrill and cnc lathe machine will be able to do it.but do shop around and compare prices before giving them yr job !:thumb:

GUYS, just now i went to a bike workshop at sembawang and went i enter the shop near their office there was a rz350 for sale. At first i thought it was not for sale as alot of classic bikes are send there for maintenance. Having the urge to know, i ask the taukeh, and he said its for sale Rz350 FM plater selling for $3k..Coe left 1 year. Condition is not bad. Tempting to purchase but sadly need to wait till november then i can my 2A. So anyone interested in that model, do go down that workshop and view it..:) just infos for rd/rz lovers.

Be a sexy rider.

yipeeeeee!!!!!!! another LC350 at cutthroat price $3k !!!!!!!!!! with 1 yr COE!!!!!!! (buy COE $1k plus, overhaul engine $1k plus, other hard to get items $$$$$) any takers with deep wallets and lots of patience?????? it just amazes me how these bikeshops con buyers of their hard earned cash and also guarantee the engines need no overhaul, let alone say theirs is the best bet. buy now and see the problems popping out one by one. sorry guys, just letting off some steam....... bikeshops will tell u 101 lies just to make u part with yr cash. and after that you become a nobody when you go back to rectify some problems with the bike..........

relax bro, they didnt tell me the bike is problem free..but i really think the price is OK. cause in my past experience asking around the price about Rd/Rz so far this is the cheapest, and using my observation its in a Ok condition..just my opinion bro..i Seriously want to own a Rz/Rd 350 in the coming year..:) then i can join u all..:)

Be a sexy rider.

relax bro, they didnt tell me the bike is problem free..but i really think the price is OK. cause in my past experience asking around the price about Rd/Rz so far this is the cheapest, and using my observation its in a Ok condition..just my opinion bro..i Seriously want to own a Rz/Rd 350 in the coming year..:) then i can join u all..:)

heheheheh u can buy her first and then rebuild her slowly, then ride her once you pass...

just a suggestion :p

boring rider. with a boring bike.

too old to want to appear interesting anymore.

no offence guys, just that had a few bad experiences with some scheming bikeshops.luckily i didn't fall for their scam. if memory serves me right, there's a bikeshop in ang mo kio ind pk 2 along a.m.k ave 10 selling a lc350 for 1.5k. came with 31k rims. but in need of T.L.C. those who are genuinely interested can try that place.(can't recall the shop's name though):)

no offence guys, just that had a few bad experiences with some scheming bikeshops.luckily i didn't fall for their scam. if memory serves me right, there's a bikeshop in ang mo kio ind pk 2 along a.m.k ave 10 selling a lc350 for 1.5k. came with 31k rims. but in need of T.L.C. those who are genuinely interested can try that place.(can't recall the shop's name though):)

You seem to be the correct person to contact where the RD/RZ350 is concern as you know this tiopc like the back of your hand. Thanks for sharing with all of us. I am looking for a nice tong for a while now. I want to look up this bike but not sure of your direction.

AMK Ave 10 is Park 1 ( near to CTE ), AMK Park II is off AMK Ave 3 and between AMK Ave 5. There is a yellow tong there in a bike shop and the shop owner is a Mr Ram I think. This bike is for 3K and missing many parts. He will not discount the price no matter how I point out to him the issue with this bike. Don't want to get any problem with him so I walk away. The bike has been there for a very long time so amny people know it is not worth this price.

This bike has tong wheels, so can't be the bike you speak of. Any chance you can confirm if AMK park 1 or park 2? I will go shops to shop if you can confirm this for me as 1.5K is ok price I think.

Anyone need the RD350 meter cluster pls contact me at 90212998. Have abt 4 few sets for sale from $380 onwards. All in good cosmetic and working condition. Self collect in Sengkang or NTU.

Sorry all sold. thanks to all bought it from me. cheers!

I stay near to NTU. All gone now? None left? I was away and did not see the post till now. The meter is impossible to find now, no matter what condition. Can you help me get a set?

sorry bro, my mistake. it must be the pk 1. that bike was stuffed in one corner the of shop. so take a good look around. the shop u mentioned earlier having the yellow tong, is it AMBRAS MOTORS ? is the bike plate FA2008? if so that bike sported a black sprayjob with some apache indian airbrushed on it. that bike cost 6k 4yrs back. the boss "claimed" it was fully overhauled and fitted with a lot of new parts! i just played along with him. that bike was even featured in classic motorcycle mechanics somewhere last year. the editor went around asia looking for classic bikes and he managed to snap the "only LC350" in sg. how pathetic!!!!!!!!!:cheeky:

u r the man, bro...thks for sharing.

...there's a bikeshop in ang mo kio ind pk 2 along a.m.k ave 10 selling a lc350 for 1.5k. came with 31k rims.

does it mean it's converted to rear brake disc?

u can also try eunos ind est.just behind paya lebar post office. news came to me that 1 or 2 shops have a 350 stuffed inside their place. so its time for treasure hunting!!!!!!!!:cheers:

can confirm which one bro? i dun mind scouting ard...

i tot all shifted to AutoBay, Kaki Bukit area?

I stay near to NTU. All gone now? None left? I was away and did not see the post till now. The meter is impossible to find now, no matter what condition. Can you help me get a set?

Not to worry, when i sell my Tongs collection i will let you have the spare set which i kept for myself. will keep you in mind. cheers

sorry bro, my mistake. it must be the pk 1. that bike was stuffed in one corner the of shop. so take a good look around. the shop u mentioned earlier having the yellow tong, is it AMBRAS MOTORS ? is the bike plate FA2008? if so that bike sported a black sprayjob with some apache indian airbrushed on it. that bike cost 6k 4yrs back. the boss "claimed" it was fully overhauled and fitted with a lot of new parts! i just played along with him. that bike was even featured in classic motorcycle mechanics somewhere last year. the editor went around asia looking for classic bikes and he managed to snap the "only LC350" in sg. how pathetic!!!!!!!!!:cheeky:

Thanks for the clarifications. The boss is a big size guy and talk with a loud voice. Yes, the shop name is Ambra or something like this. If the yellow tong there was once fitted with many new parts and worth 6K, this is not the case now. It is left out in the sun and rain and my friends just told me that it has been at this shop for a few years already, with no takers. I looked very close at it when I was there, not one single new part at all. May be he sold the parts and put old parts on..... sure looks like it to me. Sorry, but it is not worth the asking price!

u r the man, bro...thks for sharing.

does it mean it's converted to rear brake disc?

can confirm which one bro? i dun mind scouting ard...

i tot all shifted to AutoBay, Kaki Bukit area?

Hi Ramos, you make a good point. I have been informed that many bike shops in the new Autobay at Kaki Bukit in fact have tongs. They must have been from the former Eunos vicinity. No time to go down and see but I fully intend to as soon as I can find the time.

(does it mean it's converted to rear brake disc?)

yes bro, it's converted. a malay guy used to ride that bike 10 yrs back when i was doing despatch around town. used to see his bike on a regular basis back then. he also had chambers on. surprisingly, they were quiet. then the bike disappeared for some time and ended up in a.m.k in a sorry state. as for the shops which moved to autobay and kaki bukit, i'm not sure bro.

as for meters, why not try swopping the internals and use back the original dial face? it's a delicate job which requires patience and a pair of steady hands. use yamaha meters, they swop very well.:thumb:

Edited by Rzboy
repeat msg

hello tongsters. Since my last 'write', I have yet another Tong. A black one. Restoring it now. And thanks to Retro 1 and his expertise, my yellow tong is a blast!!! I am so stoked when i"m riding mt RD. All tongsters should do a ride man. RD Retro Riders! hows that for a club name huh? Call me when tongsters gather aight?

Rod Monteiro

Hi fellow Tongster,

due to some personal commitment, i am letting go my Tong collection. Will not be posting any pics for privacy concern. If any seriously interested buyers pls contact me at 90212998 to arrange viewing.

Bike details 1981 RZ350 4UO.

Fully restored i assured you no repairs needed. Engine fully rebuilt with new parts so you will need to run-in the engine as it was never ridden since rebuilt. Asking $5K, do view the bike and gauge for yourself to see if its worth the tag.

ups for you :thumb:

boring rider. with a boring bike.

too old to want to appear interesting anymore.