SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] YAMAHA RD 350 LC TONG - The Legend

YEN96

PIDOT,you have "PM".

hello, r u Ram? Someoen told me you know a lot about the RD bikes. I am have been asking everywhere i go as I am looking for a Yamaha RD500 or RZ500 also can. Both bikes rock man......

I met some Indian riders at the "ah boy' shop and they suggest I get in contact with you. Do these bikes exist here any more. No one seem to have see one in about 10 year now.

was talking abt this bike at work today.. the olds schoolers keep goin on abt their memories abt the ike.. seems so exciting... i wanna ride 1 of dis..

BAJAJ Pulsar 180(apr06)-(nov07)

HONDA NSR 150 sp(nov07)-(mar09)

HONDA specIII(mar09)-(dec10)

HONDA wave125(dec10)-(nov12)

YAMAHA rxz135(nov12)-

top speed: TBC

mileage: miles away

Quote: not the fastest bike but the faster rider...

**if iam wrong please correct me, iam only new to this**

Hello 350 LC members.. I want to buy the 350 LC lah... anyone got lobang where to buy or anyone want to sell? Can just sms/ kol me @91456544..

Thanks u..

Md Nizam

I am not Riding Fast,

I am just Flying Low,

So why the ticket?

========================================

STOC #6620

Yapp....Otai will say this is Devil's bike. HAHAH u all shld understd wat i mean laa ahuhh. This IS a crazy bike u Mod it..........hahhaha I got a fren who ride this Bike Before and lots of fond memories he has wif this bike. Now he releks oreadi.....Drive Bicycle. Whahaahhaha..........send child to skool.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YVDXr9jL_tY/TWF8NSTK0gI/AAAAAAAAAcs/qYJoFu19XWY/s320/DSC00549.JPG

hello, r u Ram? Someoen told me you know a lot about the RD bikes. I am have been asking everywhere i go as I am looking for a Yamaha RD500 or RZ500 also can. Both bikes rock man......

I met some Indian riders at the "ah boy' shop and they suggest I get in contact with you. Do these bikes exist here any more. No one seem to have see one in about 10 year now.

Hmmm, u dont sound new to d bking scene yah. Yupz tis been more than 10yrs since da last time i saw dis bike odr. Rode it b4 and i tell u its damn powerfull. Imagine in those days, travelling from jurong to tampines in juz 15mins, its no joke my fren, try do it now and u'll end up with out a licence, unless u r lucky........

Live To Ride, Ride To Live

In Fast Out Very Fast

Speeding Is My Hobby, Racing Is My Passion,

Zig-Zagging Is My Profession, Cornering Is My Game

So, Bring It On And Kip On Rolling....

mayb experience braders can help abit... mayb list a good mech, parts, most importantly price..

BAJAJ Pulsar 180(apr06)-(nov07)

HONDA NSR 150 sp(nov07)-(mar09)

HONDA specIII(mar09)-(dec10)

HONDA wave125(dec10)-(nov12)

YAMAHA rxz135(nov12)-

top speed: TBC

mileage: miles away

Quote: not the fastest bike but the faster rider...

**if iam wrong please correct me, iam only new to this**

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, need some help here. I won't give up on this yet guys so I am looking for a RZ500 or a RD500LC. Any of you guys know where I can find one. I was told that most of you on this forum are very well informed LC riders who will know the market well and can find one for me. I will keep my fingers crossed as there must be some around somewhere right???????? My uncle told me that there were many of them here in the 80's but, where are they now?

• 2 weeks later...

RD / RZ 500 are not as powerful as many people think i happened to try one in 1995 and have not spotted one ever since .A 1996 Extrema 250 is much faster than a rd500 ,due to the char of the rd engine which has two primary crank connected to the main crank ,the bike's pick up is quite slow for a bike in the same class.i have seen it being outruned in the first three gears by a full mod malaysia rxz.

Even if managed to get one today.i really doubt if i could still run,spares are obselete ,maybe puting it on the rack and keep it at home.

IT SIMPLY A NIGHTMARE TO OWN ONE !

this is my RD350 when i just brought it in 1998 .note the radiator ,it overheated when runing at a constant speed at 170km/h so i changed to GSX-400K radiator ,FZ400R radiator cap ,RZ 350 YPVS meter & head faring, S4 headlight.

latter upgrades include tzr250 3ma forks , rims and clipons ,.(not shown in pic)

i had paid $500 for the bike in 1998 in good runing conditon, sold the bike a few years ago and latter heard from a friend that it was ruined and had to be scrapped.

:cry:

http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lc04nn8.png

Hi guys... I've a great interest for this LC tong as my dad used to ride it in the early 80s... He used to boast about the RDs power in going agst the old school 4-strk 750cc...

Just asking... I happened to pass by this shop at Syed Alwi RD & there was shop exhibiting an LC tong on its shelves. When i asked the mechanic/staff there if it is up for sale... they said yes.

I was shocked when the guy said that he's selling at 7k. He said that the engine had been overhauled: con rod change, engine bearing change, block also new. I couldn't believe that it could fetch such a price..

Is it the selling price for this known 'legend' from the year of the 80s?

i heard its $3500 new in the 80s .$7k for a lc tong ,must be kidding if really rich then its fine.

some history about RDs .

LCs are cheap bikes with lots of raw power ,cheap to maintain bikes,in the mid 90s ,there was plenty around selling at rock bottom prices from a mint full chrome LC350 (selling around $2K-$2.5K)to brazil made YPVS 350 $200 -$600).

LC350 that can sell at $2500 were the full chrome restored models ,they were the non YPVS LC125 look alike ,the cheapest i could find was about $500.

the reasons for this high value was because of the simple engine design.very minimal parts was required for this bike dispite the lower hp output at 49Hp.

brazil made YPVS 350 (59HP) had a much lower demand .the ypvs was made of plastic it always snaped when thrashed ,the expensive ypvs servo was another problem ,bikes this old (20year back then) often seized ,fouled plug and had to be parked along the highway.since another similar unit cost around $400-$600 who would fork out few hundred dollars for repairs.

poeple buy them as cheap bike for thrashing .so there isnt many left today .

i hope this helps to answer many doubts.

thks

Thanks for the reply..

Happened to drop by a few shops at serangoon n yishun with the LC 'tong' 350

I'm proud to say of the condition of the bikes... although its F to FF plate... the conditions are excellent..

Furthermore, the mechanic kept boasting that "350 can beat s4 sure one". Then he said the fuel consumption is quite a lot...

Hope to own this "legend" for myself and my dad and relive the memories of the golden generation of LCkias...

i heard its $3500 new in the 80s .$7k for a lc tong ,must be kidding if really rich then its fine.

some history about RDs .

LCs are cheap bikes with lots of raw power ,cheap to maintain bikes,in the mid 90s ,there was plenty around selling at rock bottom prices from a mint full chrome LC350 (selling around $2K-$2.5K)to brazil made YPVS 350 $200 -$600).

LC350 that can sell at $2500 were the full chrome restored models ,they were the non YPVS LC125 look alike ,the cheapest i could find was about $500.

the reasons for this high value was because of the simple engine design.very minimal parts was required for this bike dispite the lower hp output at 49Hp.

brazil made YPVS 350 (59HP) had a much lower demand .the ypvs was made of plastic it always snaped when thrashed ,the expensive ypvs servo was another problem ,bikes this old (20year back then) often seized ,fouled plug and had to be parked along the highway.since another similar unit cost around $400-$600 who would fork out few hundred dollars for repairs.

poeple buy them as cheap bike for thrashing .so there isnt many left today .

i hope this helps to answer many doubts.

thks

Thanks for the reply..

Happened to drop by a few shops at serangoon n yishun with the LC 'tong' 350

I'm proud to say of the condition of the bikes... although its F to FF plate... the conditions are excellent..

Furthermore, the mechanic kept boasting that "350 can beat s4 sure one". Then he said the fuel consumption is quite a lot...

Hope to own this "legend" for myself and my dad and relive the memories of the golden generation of LCkias...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...