SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda New 400cc lineup 2013, CB400F, CB400X, CBR400R

poorboii

Japan market, I believe is using a 2 tiered system. We are probably the only one in the world using a 3 tiered system.

I did write to the LTA to suggest adopting the Euro model but all I got was a bunch of blah blah 's.

I think Japan is worse ? the first tier is 125cc, followed by 400cc ? But yes if SK follow Euro, there will be so much more bikes avail under 2A / 35KW.

Sorry abovr on Japan is incorrect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_license_in_Japan

Heavy motorcycle 大型自動二輪車 Any motorcycle with engine displacement over 400 cc.

Ordinary motorcycle 普通自動二輪車 Any motorcycle with engine displacement over 50 cc.

Moped 原動機付自転車 Any motorcycle with engine displacement of 50 cc or less.

So I guess SK is number 1 again in strangle style regulation?

Edited by Baal

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Riders ride to work. Drivers work to drive.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're off topic, I'ma play ball:

Agree 2B should go up to 250cc for more choices and probably more riders sticking to 2B longer.

I would make mandatory a 2 years exp on 2B before being able to upgrade. Get the rider to actually get some experience in and must have proof of insurance and 2B bike purchase before taking 2A.

I understand the 3 tiers method. I don't particularly like it as it's a hassle and twice money paid for a class2 learning process that doesn't bring much to the rider.

However, when I see the number of riders at school taking their 2B, dreaming of riding >600cc bikes, I understand. If riders - especially the younger ones - were able in one year to jump from 2B to any cc, we would see an increase of road kills.

Nothing to do with the bike, everything to do with the rider's experience, mindset and readiness to ride the bike. I think authorities understand perfectly what the biking community wants and needs. But they also have unique knowledge of what happens on the road. Of the average age and riding experience of bikers fatalities. And this being Singapore, the minute road kills will increase, it will bring up a massive complaint wave attacking traffic police, regulations etc etc..

As a biking community, I would humbly suggest we put our efforts in educating riders, raising awareness for defensive riding and protective gear rather than getting LTA to change the licensing system. In the end, if you are bent on a bike, it might take you 1 more year but you'll get it, no big deal. I mean hello, we pay our bikes up to 5 times what they actually cost, we're no strangers to motorcycle passion :) It is however much harder to convince a fellow local rider that flip flops are not a smart move on a bike..

Cheers and let's all keep on smiling when we ride !

Pulsarians Singapore on Facebook:

The Page: http://fb.me/SingaporePulsarians For general news and info

The Group: http://fb.me/groups/pulsarianssg/ For all the interaction

between Pulsarians, maintenance tips, accessories, trips & meet-ups and of course live answers to all your questions !

Since we're off topic, I'ma play ball:

Agree 2B should go up to 250cc for more choices and probably more riders sticking to 2B longer.

I would make mandatory a 2 years exp on 2B before being able to upgrade. Get the rider to actually get some experience in and must have proof of insurance and 2B bike purchase before taking 2A.

I understand the 3 tiers method. I don't particularly like it as it's a hassle and twice money paid for a class2 learning process that doesn't bring much to the rider.

However, when I see the number of riders at school taking their 2B, dreaming of riding >600cc bikes, I understand. If riders - especially the younger ones - were able in one year to jump from 2B to any cc, we would see an increase of road kills.

Nothing to do with the bike, everything to do with the rider's experience, mindset and readiness to ride the bike. I think authorities understand perfectly what the biking community wants and needs. But they also have unique knowledge of what happens on the road. Of the average age and riding experience of bikers fatalities. And this being Singapore, the minute road kills will increase, it will bring up a massive complaint wave attacking traffic police, regulations etc etc..

As a biking community, I would humbly suggest we put our efforts in educating riders, raising awareness for defensive riding and protective gear rather than getting LTA to change the licensing system. In the end, if you are bent on a bike, it might take you 1 more year but you'll get it, no big deal. I mean hello, we pay our bikes up to 5 times what they actually cost, we're no strangers to motorcycle passion :) It is however much harder to convince a fellow local rider that flip flops are not a smart move on a bike..

Cheers and let's all keep on smiling when we ride !

Agree with the fatality part & indirect/directly protecting those at risk from themselves. But hope that even if its 3 tiered system, at least make the tiering more relevant to the available bikes in the market. Especially since strokers are moving towards extinction.

alright back to Topic, I wonder why no one seems keen on F & R version.? Everyone seems focused on X.

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Wah 2B "2yrs probation"... roadkill by 2B rider.. i think all classes of vehicle got accident.. Now you say 2B-2yrs than the 2A rider -how many yrs 4yrs?

This one all individual ma. Your riding style.Your Life.

Edited by kaizersg

http://www.animatedgif.net/flags/-flags-uncat/singapore_gs_e0.gifYamalaya Selamanyahttp://www.animatedgif.net/flags/-flags-uncat/japan_gs_e0.gif

91'ahamaY zxR 331Cc **819*

2011'SX 1000Z ikasawaK *819*

Wah 2B "2yrs probation"...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

This is the prev Euro system I think. Restricted to 250cc/33hp for the first 2 years then anything goes...

This is the prev Euro system I think. Restricted to 250cc/33hp for the first 2 years then anything goes...

With the coe rising up n downs.Petrol up n downs.Carpark with gantry fee at e rising here n there.some mall no bike allowed. We just thankful what e tier system dont change.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.animatedgif.net/flags/-flags-uncat/singapore_gs_e0.gifYamalaya Selamanyahttp://www.animatedgif.net/flags/-flags-uncat/japan_gs_e0.gif

Wah 2B "2yrs probation"... roadkill by 2B rider.. i think all classes of vehicle got accident.. Now you say 2B-2yrs than the 2A rider -how many yrs 4yrs?

This one all individual ma. Your riding style.Your Life.

Actually its a good thing, look at the US where new riders start on 600s and 1000s, they end up hurt or dead pretty quick due to lack of experience in handling powerful bikes. Well at least if you can reduce it, its will be better. Riding isn't about your riding style, riding isn't driving but even then, some Ferrari drivers can't control their Ferraris.

Change to new tier system? Hell no, 2A becomes unaffordable then. I wonder why people justify their lack of patience.

Patience only la ppl. Let see what e gaveremont in store for e new tier system.. hahahaha now jus njoi your ride safely.. :) ups for e new honda 400 riders..

new tiering is just a guess since they overhauling car coe system.

I'm just hoping that the tiering will be more relevant to the bikes in the market. More meaningful choices.

True lah, at the current price, I also go XJ6. But again XJ6 is priced like that coz also its a 5 yr old model.

The new CB400 is brand new model + the fact that under 400cc choices are so limited = price inflated.

Maybe after 2-3 yrs, the machine price for new CB400 will slash 1.5-2k. At that time if have new XJ6 model + 1.5-2k.

Then if it happens, wont feel so short changed at that corresponding price for 2 cyclinder 400cc.

If they change the tiering, I really doubt whether it will be favorable for the 2b riders. I am pretty sure, they will limit the 2B to 125cc or 15BHP, that will kill all the nice 200cc bikes like Phantom, Pulsar, Duke etc. Even the the FZ16 and R15 will die.

If anything they will become more strict than liberal. Its better we just be happy with what we have, especially those who currently prefer riding 2B only.

May '10 - Jun '11 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG2

Jul '11 - Jan '12 : Honda Phantom TA200

Feb '12 - Jul '12 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG3

Aug '12 - Current : Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSi

If they change the tiering, I really doubt whether it will be favorable for the 2b riders. I am pretty sure, they will limit the 2B to 125cc or 15BHP, that will kill all the nice 200cc bikes like Phantom, Pulsar, Duke etc. Even the the FZ16 and R15 will die.

If anything they will become more strict than liberal. Its better we just be happy with what we have, especially those who currently prefer riding 2B only.

true true, from their track record, things typically get more restrictive rather than liberal. But if they adjust the 3 tier to greater relevance, there will be more bikes in the SG market. Some good bikes are so limited due to the current tiers. eg, 250cc, 500 cc singles/twins are great budget commuter/semi performance bikes. From a cost to grin perspective.

But seriously, i suppose no one thinks of CB400 since theres S4. But how bout the new CBR400R? No one seems to express interest in one.

true true, from their track record, things typically get more restrictive rather than liberal. But if they adjust the 3 tier to greater relevance, there will be more bikes in the SG market. Some good bikes are so limited due to the current tiers. eg, 250cc, 500 cc singles/twins are great budget commuter/semi performance bikes. From a cost to grin perspective.

But seriously, i suppose no one thinks of CB400 since theres S4. But how bout the new CBR400R? No one seems to express interest in one.

i'm very much inclined to the R, but still waiting 2 months for TP. personally i preferred fairing-ed bike, sporty look, but i dont need that much power, just adequate will do, that's y my choice of R.

my personal feel about F is that it looks too common, perfomance normal, doesnt have that special factor to interests ppl.

for X, like what many have said, is about the outlook and what it was design for, touring/enduro which has very limited choices for 2A.

Blacky Aka Xiao Hei May 2011 to ???

i'm very much inclined to the R, but still waiting 2 months for TP. personally i preferred fairing-ed bike, sporty look, but i dont need that much power, just adequate will do, that's y my choice of R.

my personal feel about F is that it looks too common, perfomance normal, doesnt have that special factor to interests ppl.

for X, like what many have said, is about the outlook and what it was design for, touring/enduro which has very limited choices for 2A.

Well all these 3 bikes mentioned has the exact same performance in terms of engine output.

I do feel that the F is quite boring looking, I like the R in red. Looks like the bigger brothers from Honda.

If you might want consider kawa 300 / 400 sportsbike.

must understand the mentality of the law makers. if they liberate the tiering system, and anything bad increases or happens, they will hentak taki. which is why they will only tighten the laws and not make it more liberal

If they are under the category of sports bike, insurance will be more won't it? Partly blame it on silly insurance assumptions, I ride scooters as hard as I ride sport bikes.

The total motorcycle population only around 140k compare to cars 610k we are insignificant, They will not change the motorcycle license for.the minority. Instead They May do opposite, May be add in class 2c for smaller bikes. Then everyone will have 1 more year of waiting

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

I bought my Revo the same price as stated above. No regrets.

Better engine, higher power, VTEC, proven-technology and well-known bike.

I do not see the rationale for them to charge the same $$$ for a 2-cylinder parallel twin engine compared to an inline-4.

They don't even sound like a real big bike. :|

Lol Vtec, Vtec is kind of pointless. I don't know what real big bikes sound like,there's plenty of big parallel twins.

As far as $$$ goes, there's not much point why they charge something with 2 less cylinders much much more than inline 4s while requiring more TLC and being less poweful, does Ducati ring a bell?

Guess its due to the new model status of the twin 400cc bikes. What does not go down so well with me is when I go Honda jpn website look at the price of S4 & the new 400 models, take the yen & divide by 78 ( exchange rate ), then compare to the prices here, it suggest greater mark ups by SG shops for the new 400 rather then mark up by Honda itself.

Any idea if Boon Siew has officially brought the bikes in? I'm considering either the R or the X

18/10/07 - 19/08/08 : Honda NSR150 SP

21/08/08 - 24/09/09 : Honda Wave S 125

02/10/09 - 22/02/12 : Yamaha X1-R

09/04/12 - 13/02/15 : Kawasaki Ninja 250R

24/12/14 - 24/02/16 : Honda Wave R 125

29/06/16 : Honda MSX 125

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/edalpha/DSC00291-1.jpg